Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2020, 16:24   #391
BHPian

Re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
No, it is from Hyundai. Hexa AT box is from GM-Punch Powerglide.
'Hyundai Transys' supplies 6AT to Hyundai Motor Group. I guess it would be the same for Tata.
Old 23rd June 2020, 20:05   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhkop View Post
'Hyundai Transys' supplies 6AT to Hyundai Motor Group. I guess it would be the same for Tata.
The Harrier AT is sourced from Hyundai, so it must be the Hyundai Transys.

The Hexa had the GM Sourced unit which is the GM one.

Last edited by manson : 26th June 2020 at 02:35. Reason: Typo.
Old 25th June 2020, 14:47   #393
BANNED

We have two Hexa XTA cars and are extremely satisfied with them. We were in need of one more but with no Hexa around any more test drove the Harrier topend auto. As much as Harrier is awsome we simply could not find in it what we have come to love in Hexa the amazing ride quality and built like a tank feel. Harrier is great on its own but I wish and pray Tata brings an update of Hexa soon.

Last edited by manson : 26th June 2020 at 02:34. Reason: Typos.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 08:04   #394
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR1108 View Post
I was expecting a lot more activity on this thread, but the interest seem to have dried down. I for one, was eagerly waiting to test drive the Harrier AT, been postponing the purchase for the last 8 months waiting for the Autobox to come. And I am glad I did.
I too was surprised by the lack of activity on this thread but I now see things have warmed up alright.

I was infatuated with the H5X looks when it was first revealed at the auto expo. Later it being introduced as the Harrier ~ 90% true to its H5X concept looks made me euphoric (TATA barely gets appreciated for that). Cherry on top was its introductory pricing. Booked the XT silver on May 7th 2019 (Akshay Tritiya).

H7X (Buzzard/Cassini) showcased at the Geneva Motor Show 2019. Not that impressed. Ready to finalise the deal. For formality checked official Team BHP review! What?? It anguished me. Was too eager to bring the minotaur home. But sense prevailed, afterall its 20 big ones & I ought to live with it for the next 10 yrs atleast.

Next came the news that July updates sorted things quite a bit. Again amber light for me. But the news came of the BS6 automatic by the years end (in 4-5 months or so). Everyone on T-BHP advising others to wait for the auto & how Harrier would have set the sales chart on fire but for the auto. Probably I should wait too. Gotta check that out. Also sweet deal on the BS4 model? Good chance. Again red light! Diwali came, everyone in the house cursing me for an empty porch.

Holi 2020 looming. It has to be now or I'll be the 'Holika' this year. Offers on BS4 stock too...but what would those extra 30 horses on the BS6 feel like? he he he he...Red light brother. Red light, one last time. Holi came. Gone AWOL. Survived. Harrier BS6 auto reviews = prodigal son returns. Everyone's impressed. I ask (comment) on a great YT review video of 2020 Harrier ( ) got the reply. (pinned comment on the video). So MANUAL it is for me. No automatic. Yes! (80% highway usage for me)

But around the same time I begin to get fond of TATA Gravitas. Love the enhanced presence, extra features, & surprisingly usable 3rd row in a relatively smaller footprint ( ), all with the aspirational SUV looks (sorry Hexa). Just the colour scheme on it needs to be fixed & its presence is in Fortuner/Endeavor category for 20 odd lakhs. So Gravitas (manual) it is for Diwali 2020 probably. Ok then.

March 24 lockdown hits. Gravitas' launch postponed. That means new launch dates around Diwali(?) Means not enough reviews/feedback (including the official T-BHP) by Diwali? Means no steed for Diwali 2020 too? Apocalypse!

Seltos 2020? Creta 2020? : We are talking all men here. Sorry!

Hector/Hector Plus: Thanks to the owners. Will have someone to taunt at on the roads....

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th June 2020 at 09:27. Reason: typo corrected
watchoutankit is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 08:08   #395
BHPian

Been a long time since I posted anything on this thread. Lot has happened in the last three months!

So as the lurkers will remember, I had booked the Harrier Automatic within an hour of their opening up online booking way back in February. The delivery date was around March. Right one week before delivery, the lock-down stepped in and a new vehicle took the back seat. Its only in June that I decided to go ahead with the delivery, which is expected to be next week, fingers crossed.

My original booking was with Rudra Motors. They have been stellar throughout the entire period and have been in touch throughout the lockdown period. Special shout out to Sushmit who was the Sales Advisor.

That is when ram87pune got me in touch with Sridha Motors and it has completely reset the benchmark in how Sales should be done. I have not had to step out of my home during the entire booking process. Everything has been taken care of - including the bookings, loan process, choice number, accessories, PDI. We even did a video call when the car was delivered to the dealership yard this week.

While I am waiting for delivery, a BIG round of applause and thanks to ram87pune for patiently answering all my questions and invaluable advice during this time!
If it was not for TeamBhp, this would not have happened.
ihrishi is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 09:25   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Its only in June that I decided to go ahead with the delivery, which is expected to be next week, fingers crossed.
Congratulations and best of luck! It is indeed a very high value offering from TATA and it is a great choice in my opinion. Which color did you end up picking?

Also, may I ask - are there any incentives being offered? I heard of some generous exchange valuations and bonuses.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 09:42   #397

Quote:
Its only in June that I decided to go ahead with the delivery, which is expected to be next week, fingers crossed.
Congrats. Which colour did you choose? And any clue what the offers are on Harrier for the month of July?

Last edited by manson : 4th July 2020 at 15:51. Reason: Trimmed quote.
RR1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 11:47   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. It is indeed a great car. The autobox is really smooth and wishing you many miles on this.

I had also booked on the same day, but due to the pricing/covid, have cancelled my booking. Wish Tata had a better variant distribution on this one.

Currently waiting for the refund from the dealer.

And given the situation have made a trade down on the purchase and decided on the Creta 1.4 DCT.

Last edited by manson : 4th July 2020 at 15:51. Reason: Trimmed quote.
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 11:53   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post

And given the situation have made a trade down on the purchase and decided on the Creta 1.4 DCT.
Any reason for not choosing the seltos?
Old 4th July 2020, 13:08   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Any reason for not choosing the seltos?
2 main reasons:

1. Panaromic sunroof (it just gives the cabin a special feel)
2. Electronic Parking brake with Autohold (great comfort in traffic of not holding on the brakes, specially for the DCT)

And some other reasons like paddle shifters, better pricing of SX DCT model compared to GTX+, (no GTX DCT now i think), Hyundai service centre very close to where I live (less than 500 m) compared to KIA service centre being relatively far.
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 15:37   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations and best of luck! It is indeed a very high value offering from TATA and it is a great choice in my opinion. Which color did you end up picking?

Also, may I ask - are there any incentives being offered? I heard of some generous exchange valuations and bonuses.
Thank you all!

I have picked up the Red shade. Seems like the Red and the Black are selling like hot cakes.

I got 30K exchange bonus + 5K corporate discount and then some more on insurance due to NCB carried forward.
ihrishi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 16:38   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on owning this beauty of a machine! It is my favorite in the segment and would have surely got it if I could.

Wishing lots of happy miles with the car. Looking forward for the pictures and your review of it.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 10:42   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Been a long time since I posted anything on this thread. Lot has happened in the last three months!

So as the lurkers will remember, I had booked the Harrier Automatic within an hour of their opening up online booking way back in February. The delivery date was around March. Right one week before delivery, the lock-down stepped in and a new vehicle took the back seat. Its only in June that I decided to go ahead with the delivery, which is expected to be next week, fingers crossed.
Congrats. what variant and colour did you buy?

My story is similar since I had booked the Harrier AT in the month of April, but had to cancel my booking due to the extended lockdown. Have rebooked now and waiting for delivery, which hopefully should happen in a week or so. Car has been dispatched from the plant

mine is a white dual tone XZA.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th July 2020 at 14:45. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
himanshugoswami is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 19:27   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dare I say, this will form a beautiful complimentary vehicle to your 530i, and a worthy Ecosport replacement. Of course, you'll have to spend a bit more than expected but still...it's not abad option even in the XMA form, even though it is barebones variant. Just planting an ideA
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 20:26   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

After a LOT of haggling, my dealer has given me 30k off (no exchange bonus) and brought the insurance quote down from 80k to 57 k. Im still haggling for some basic accessories free, but I fear that the sales rep may stop taking my calls now
himanshugoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks