Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2020, 07:12   #466

Re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

It's time to rejoice for those who badly wanted Tata to introduce more variants of the Harrier.

Just confirmed from my sources that Tata will be launching XTA/XT+ variants of the Harrier in the next couple of months. The XT+ variant will come with a panoramic sunroof as standard so those who want their Harrier with a sunroof need not stretch their budget too far.

The XTA variant is likely to skip this feature so automatic buyers would likely have to go for the top end variant to get the sunroof.

So looks like Tata is taking the feedback from our forum very seriously.
Thanks ram87pune for the information. This is great to hear that Tata is taking the feedbacks from customers.

Any information on adding new features as well. I am pretty sure the forum is missing the scoops from your side these days
jkocherry is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 14:40   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians.
Just confirmed from my sources that Tata will be launching XTA/XT+ variants of the Harrier in the next couple of months.
Hope is high and I hope XTA gets 6 airbags. Harrier automatic with 6 airbags @17.8~18 lakhs would make me think about it again. But I guess in all probability, a manufacturer would go for all other blings instead of 6 airbag to lure mass market customers. Lets see how they spread the features and price XTA.
dipdawiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 17:19   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources that Tata will be launching XTA/XT+ variants of the Harrier in the next couple of months.
I am not sure why they would take months to introduce this new XTA variant. Modern production lines these days can be configured in hours to add a new variant to the mix. Pricing and packaging and launch communication and dealer training can be decided in days, weeks at the most!

Tata should understand that the market is highly dynamic right now and moving at Warp speed. Skoda has launched the Rider Plus in weeks after the launch of the Rider, taking into account market feedback. Ford has introduced a mid-spec automatic Ecosport today. Tata needs to really accelerate the pace of their 'Go to Market' activity.

COVID has pushed the envelope on speed, and led to a re-imagination of the possibilities of what can be done virtually.
84.monsoon is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 17:46   #469
Senior - BHPian

Instead of adding a new variant up high, why not rejig features into existing variants. Make the XE/XM feel more VFM. The exteriors should be standardised with body coloured power ORVMs, piano black finish grille, led drls from base variant so customers who buy base can eventually modify their interiors and alloys etc. Creta is popular because people buy base models to upgrade to top via aftermarket parts.
Nithesh_M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 18:17   #470
BHPian

I don't understand why some people are still expecting TATA HARRIER to be priced similar to Creta and Seltos. Yes both are 5 seaters but that's where the similarity ends. Barring some features and blings , HARRIER is from the next segment and is somewhat a proper SUV. It is not a hatch on wheels like the Creta! And good to see more variants from TATA for HARRIER, they should bring in add on features packs ( RHYTHM etc ) like they have made for the ALTROZ which might be helpful.

Last edited by kamilharis : 15th July 2020 at 18:19.
kamilharis is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 18:32   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
I don't understand why some people are still expecting TATA HARRIER to be priced similar to Creta and Seltos. Yes both are 5 seaters but that's where the similarity ends.
Yes, the Harrier belongs to the next segment. But, given the overlapping price points, there's a scope for cross-shopping between a top end Creta/Seltos/City/Verna and a mid-spec Harrier. Also the sales volume is a lot more in the lower price bracket and Tata would gain if a cross-shopping happens!

Then comes the question, what does one gain/lose by choosing the Harrier over a top spec car from the lower segment? True SUV credentials aside, the interiors and exterior should have a feel good factor expected at the price point. In case Harrier, I feel the lower variants XE and XM miss the characteristic charm of the model, makes the buyer feel short-changed.

Look at the interest in the Rapid Rider thread, the discussions around its feature list and the rumoured number of bookings that variant has received. Those many buyers have chosen the base Rapid over a top-spec Jazz/DZire/Altroz/Aura!
ashis89 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 19:17   #472
BHPian

I always judge how a brand equips its lower variants. It shows the maturity of the company & its plan to attract buyers from different segments.

Sadly, Tata has always failed in that aspect. Except for Hexa, all other products are so bare bone. Harrier XE costs 16 lacs in Ghaziabad and offers absolutely nothing.

Not every buyer is in the market for top end variants. So where it is a good idea to diversify top end variants, it is essential to that lower variants are also equipped well. That is where the volumes come from.
adamkathy23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 20:35   #473
BHPian

Quote:
I guess they should roll out Harrier with a rear disc brake. No rear discs on a 2 million Rupees car, in my opinion that's what it miss most at this point.
GT145 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 20:37   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Production is heavily skewed in favour of the ATs right now - almost 360-odd AT units are dispatch-ready at the factory floor (XMA, XZA, XZA+).

In stark contrast, there are only around 50-55 MTs available (around 12 XTs & rest XZ/XZ+s).

Most of the above are in Red shade - want a Harrier AT in red shade? It's ready!

There are some Dark Editions, few Whites and still fewer greys.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 20:44   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians.

It's time to rejoice for those who badly wanted Tata to introduce more variants of the Harrier.

Just confirmed from my sources that Tata will be launching XTA/XT+ variants of the Harrier in the next couple of months. The XT+ variant will come with a panoramic sunroof as standard so those who want their Harrier with a sunroof need not stretch their budget too far.

The XTA variant is likely to skip this feature so automatic buyers would likely have to go for the top end variant to get the sunroof.

This information has been carried on cartoq as an article

https://www.cartoq.com/tata-harrier-new-variants/
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 22:44   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
I don't understand why some people are still expecting TATA HARRIER to be priced similar to Creta and Seltos.
Because we want Harrier to sell.

With the new variant list, XTA and XT+, I think it would have been better if they had XTA+.

XTA is automatic version but without sunroof.
XT+ is manual with sunroof.

Difference between XTA and XMA is mainly camera and alloy wheels. Not much value addition in the new variant wrt features. Not some desirable addition in my opinion.

Between XT and XT+, sunroof which is a desirable feature but then it's manual for which there's very little demand.

So, I don't understand what they will get by introducing these two new variants.

They are keeping automatic + sunroof combination for 25 lakhs top end version.

Automatic + sunroof is where the demand is and would have increased with lower price but sadly, they still think that people should come running to them as they have JLR background.

But people have lots of options in today's date. Money is spent wisely and to add, we are in corona times. Cars are not selling.

Products will not have good sales numbers which the manufacturer think are good. They will have good sales numbers only if customers want to buy. Is that so difficult to understand.
turbo_delight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 22:52   #477
Senior - BHPian

Did my first highway drive from Chandigarh to delhi today. Amazed at the FE. Apologies for the pic quality as the ambient light was very poor. I was driving under 100 for the entire strech and the traffic was heavier than usual, especially upon entering dehi.

Had a momentary scare when my infotainment hung and the reset . The screen next to the speedo also went blank for a couple of seconds! Worked fine post that. Wonder what was the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-5ed56490fcbb449e8a73abb1e1c9572a.jpeg  

himanshugoswami is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 04:58   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Had a momentary scare when my infotainment hung and the reset . The screen next to the speedo also went blank for a couple of seconds! Worked fine post that. Wonder what was the issue.
This seems to be a common issue in the Harrier BS4 as well.
Have seen many videos on YouTube regarding the same.
Wonder whether it’s related to software or hardware.

The guy in the video does mention in the comments that he got the part replaced and after that he hasn’t faced any similar problems.

ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 07:41   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
This seems to be a common issue in the Harrier BS4 as well.
Have seen many videos on YouTube regarding the same.
Wonder whether it’s related to software or hardware.

The guy in the video does mention in the comments that he got the part replaced and after that he hasn’t faced any similar problems.
This seems to be a different issue. In my case, I had stopped the car on the highway and music was streaming from my phone, as a result of which the volume was at 12 (normal radio volume is at 3- it's speakers are LOUD!).

When I switched the car back on, the radio got switched on before the phone paired, and hence it was very very loud at 12. so I tried to mute it, but the system hung for a moment. I did a reboot, which is when this scenario of the dash going blank occurred. All this while the car was on. My guess is this is a preventive or self diagnostic thing rather than a bug. Just hope I am right!

Drove 300 kms since then, all seems fine. Lets see....
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 09:28   #480
BHPian

So why exactly is the Harrier not selling well? For that matter, any of the new generation vehicles from Tata. When I say not selling well, I’m referring to the potential vs. actual sales.
I’m in the market to buy something that’s comfortable for my family to travel in. I have three other cars (two sedans and one hatchback) but I’m still looking at an SUV/MUV to fill in that quintessential family tourer slot. My budget is 25L, give or take a couple. When the Harrier was launched in the auto form, I fell in love with the way it looked and the promise of power from those 160 odd FCA born horses. The reviews are good, the car looks promising and even the auto gearbox seems to be better than others with a similar setup. It ticks the right boxes for me but, I’m still hesitant to buy the Harrier. Why?
After listing down the plus and minus equations on a piece of paper, two points make it difficult for me to go to a showroom and make that down payment; after sales service and resale value.
While resale value is a different factor altogether, after sales service is something that Tata can surely work on. After owning Tata Estate, Sumo, Indigo Manza, Indica and a Nano, I’m not too happy about the way you are treated at the service centre. I took a conscious decision to move away from Tata due to the appalling lack of attention to detail, “chalta hai” attitude and the fraudulent bills. Try as I might, I’m unable to convince my brain to buy a Harrier that I liked so much. Guess I’ll wait for something better from a different brand.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed