Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2020, 00:42   #16
BHPian

re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

New color Sparkle Cocoa - will it be some kind of brown or bronze? The brown on Hexa was really well executed. This update and marketing make the Harrier fit as the sporty SUV and make space for upmarket Gravitas.
Old 4th February 2020, 01:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

So how many takers for the new Harrier which doesn’t have bells & whistles of a Hector or a Seltos. But now it’s got more muscle and goes head on with Compass

Looks nice too with dual tone & bigger set of wheels. I’m sure most of the early adopters of Harrier might be regretting because of these additions? I’m sure they wouldn’t have bothered going in for this variant if Tata had released this in the first place itself.

Only thing that’s missing now compared to Compass is 4x4 variant when are you planning Tata?
gururajrv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 01:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, i just opened a new project on my car to increase it's life by couple of years, or else i would have definitely looked at this car as my first option.

I would any day pick this over the Seltos, a job well done Tata, and good that you have few of your employees keeping a tab on Team Bhp forums, it will heed you well!!

Best of luck to Tata.
AtheK is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 03:20   #19
BHPian

Does anyone know when the deliveries will start? My brother has booked a Harrier XZ dark edition and the vehicle will be delivered on around 7-8th Feb but if available, he would like to go for the top-end model with panoramic sunroof. We need the car ASAP ( by mid- February).
Candy$Cars is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 05:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
We need the car ASAP ( by mid- February).
My friend, car is an expensive purchase that we keep for over 10 years. I understand your urgency, but please be patient on this one. Get the Harrier with all bells and whistles, even if it means waiting out for few days. In the mean time if there is an urgency you can grab zoom car for few days.
doxinboy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 05:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

When are they coming out with the NCAP numbers for the Harrier? A 5 star rating would be the icing on the cake ( never mind the rumours on the issues regarding the kryotec 170 mounting in the engine bay)
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 07:46   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
This is the car that should have launched. I feel sad for all the beta testers of the launch car.
And exactly why I'd advised in the Tata Harrier review to wait for the 2020 or 2021 version of the car. Whoever waited will end up with a far superior product and one with (hopefully) a lot of the niggles ironed out.

Sexy looking car and some very welcome upgrades. This is indeed the car that should have been launched. I wish Tata had spent 1 more year and launched the Harrier today. Not like hurrying up in 2019 brought them any success.

Still, better late than never.
GTO is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 08:41   #23
BHPian

Looks great in the new Red color. Hope Tata will continue the VFM pricing for Automatic Variants.
Now, look at this pic- "Land Rover Pedigree" written neat foot well - Was it really required Tata? A well engineered and capable car would showcase its pedigree by itself, no decals, stickers or accessories required for that.
It felt more like an "Internet Inside" badge of MG Motors.
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-2020tataharrierbs6interiors1560x420.jpg  

Superleggera is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 08:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Looks great in the new Red color. Hope Tata will continue the VFM pricing for Automatic Variants.
Now, look at this pic- "Land Rover Pedigree" written neat foot well - Was it really required Tata? A well engineered and capable car would showcase its pedigree by itself, no decals, stickers or accessories required for that.
In these ultra competitive times anything that gives you an edge is fair game. Tata should flaunt it IMHO . It’s not as If they are misleading.
himanshugoswami is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 09:00   #25
BHPian

Looks amazing! I was interested in this car but waited for official TBHP review. The remark of "half baked product" turned me off. I hope they have now addressed all the issues raised in the review, I am especially looking forward to hear about the steering wheel.

If that is sorted, this will be pretty close cousin to range rover!
DreamsUnlimited is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 09:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
It is self defeating:
People who don't know about 'Land Rover Pedegree' don't care
People who are aware of the real 'Land Rover Pedegree'
will also be educated enough to find out where the car stands.
Decal itself is over-designed. I thought the 3-star pattern is designed for the EVs (like a identity) but they seem to be generously using it everywhere.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 09:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is self defeating:
will also be educated enough to find out where the car stands..
Why do you think it's for the car owner? Why can't it be for those who are aware of LR pedigree but don't yet know the connection between Harrier and the LR?

There are plenty of people who like to announce to the whole world that their machine runs on K&N. So, those who will eventually buy the car will be happy about this IMO and will like to brag to others.
prakash_ajp is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 09:30   #28
Team-BHP Support

Sorry for a noob question, do they have a 4*4 variant in Automatic as well? Or any plans?
Old 4th February 2020, 09:49   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is self defeating:
In general people are curious, many people don't know about team-bhp but they googled about it after seeing team-bhp stickers on cars!
Quote:
will also be educated enough to find out where the car stands.
Decal itself is over-designed. I thought the 3-star pattern is designed for the EVs (like a identity) but they seem to be generously using it everywhere.
When Tata said/used the words land-rover pedigree, there is truth to it, to an extent.

But, look at MG, in their every communication they call themselves as a British brand and say MG is a British sports car maker, what attributes of MG they are giving in Hector to call it MG while a brand is all about the attributes it carry.

Many say that SAIC owns MG and they can do whatever they wish to do with it, what they did is like Tata passing on Harrier under Land Rover brand but Tata didn't do that, they just pasted a scuff plate saying LR pedigree which is much better than what MG did. Tata owns LR, so using the LR pedigree badge in their car is not a big issue to be talked about when compared to what MG did with Hector. Have seen many elders over here who doesn't use internet much, they think MG Hector is a British car!

Last edited by wheelguy : 4th February 2020 at 10:14.
wheelguy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 10:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Looks promising !!

I was ready to live with the niggles and had only rejected Harrier for the lack of AT and now the car seem to be complete.
Now with over a year and large number of user feedback, I am hoping this does well and that should see more excitement in our market.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed