Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2020, 19:45   #241
BHPian

Re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
The on road price will vary from state to state defending in the taxes. Isn’t it?
You are right. It largely depends on the road taxes that each state levies on the ex showroom price of the vehicle. Karnataka levies the highest road tax in India if I am not mistaken.

Last edited by T.S. : 28th February 2020 at 19:46.
Old 28th February 2020, 20:31   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Anyway personally, if I am one of those people right now, I will go for the Harrier for its sheer looks and imposing stance!.
I personally feel that in time it will end up being a cult car like the Safari.
Old 28th February 2020, 20:42   #243
Senior - BHPian

Test drive vehicle in XZ trim is now available in some states.

As for pricing in KA I have posted the pricelist of bs6 in the Harrier review thread. Posting it again here.
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-img20200224wa0000.jpg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 21:30   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Can't help but get the feeling that it is slightly overpriced. Remember that as lovely as this car is, it is still a 5 seater and unlike the XUV500 it does not have a 'short distance' third row either.

It is somewhere in between the Compass on one side with the XUV500 and the Hector on the other. Can get confusing for people looking for any of these three.

Anyway personally, if I am one of those people right now, I will go for the Harrier for its sheer looks and imposing stance!.

Sort of agree here. The Harrier and even the Gravitas are caught in no mans land. The Harrier Automatics are nearly 23-25 lakhs on road, and you can get a Compass 4x4 Diesel for 26-27 after some discounts. So this also means that the Gravitas would be at least a lakh more than the Harrier and that makes is more expensive again.

Just look at what these 2 cars have to face in terms of competition, the 7 seater Hector which is surely going to be cheaper than the Gravitas, the all new XUV500, which with 7 seats will sort of be at par with the Harrier. The rumoured ford SUV based on the XUV500, which is also to launch sometime in 2021-22. And all of these may undercut the Harrier as well as the Gravitas.

Another big issue with the Harrier is the rather uninspiring entry level variants. The XE is almost like a Tour variant from Suzuki! So bad in terms of equipment! And the next variant XM does not get even Alloys! The Compass had a very bare bones sport variant and it did not sell at all, so they have not removed that variant and they have the Sport plus which is around 21-23 lakhs I think. So the point is, when someone is going to spend 16-18 lakhs upwards, they expect good kit. And thats precisely why the Seltos GTX has seen such demand!

The point is, we can all say that the Harrier is a different vehicle compared to the Seltos and the Creta etc, and surely it is, but the customers are looking at it all with one lens. And surely Tata cannot try and justify a 5-6 lakh premium for the Gravitas over the new XUV500.
motorworks is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 07:56   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree TATA should have cut out the XE entirely and given XM the essentials such as alloy wheels, cruise control, etc. They will certainly do this in a few months by launching an XMA+ like they did with the Hexa. The intent is to cream off customers willing to pay top bucks initially by making it difficult for them to choose anything but the top variant through feature differentiation. Once that is done, start going lower down to next set of customers in terms of paying capacity.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 15:07   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I agree TATA should have cut out the XE entirely and given XM the essentials such as alloy wheels, cruise control, etc. They will certainly do this in a few months by launching an XMA+ like they did with the Hexa. The intent is to cream off customers willing to pay top bucks initially by making it difficult for them to choose anything but the top variant through feature differentiation. Once that is done, start going lower down to next set of customers in terms of paying capacity.
But, by that time, initial sales would have been low, product would be called a failure and nobody will even go to Tata motors showroom.
Old 29th February 2020, 16:16   #247
Senior - BHPian

The XM/XT should have used last year's alloy wheels. The XZ/XZ+ should have used this year's alloy.

Led DRL should be standard and the XE cabbie trim shouldn't exist. I have not seen one anyway.

I don't mind the matte grille on the XM.
Old 29th February 2020, 16:52   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Test drive vehicle in XZ trim is now available in some states.

As for pricing in KA I have posted the pricelist of bs6 in the Harrier review thread. Posting it again here.
Why TATA, why are TD vehicles not the top-of-the line variant !!

Do you dont want people to experience the sunroof or the diamond cut alloys ? Why such half baked measures !! We all know how impulsive variant upgrades are during car shopping, many people stretch out to a higher variant just because they like what they saw. And TATA sends out a variant without the sunroof. Its almost as if TATA is apologetic about putting a panoramic sunroof on the Harrier

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th March 2020 at 06:09. Reason: Removing embedded video from quoted post.
Old 29th February 2020, 17:01   #249
BHPian

Got a call from Rudra Motors, Pune about XZA variant available on display. TDs haven't started yet. It will take another 10 days. Deliveries to start in March.

During Oct-Nov timeframe, for Harrier 1.0, I called up and even visited couple of dealerships but got a very bad response. No information, calls backs, no updates. Disappointing it was! One of the dealerships was Concorde which is almost shut now. Details.

However, this particular dealer, rather this salesperson is amazing. Keeping me posted from last few weeks. Calling me, sending WhatsApp images etc. has changed my perception about Tata. Seems like a best chance of buying a Tata vehicle
nexus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 17:23   #250
BHPian

I have been to TATA showroom at hosur for payment formalities for my Tigor. They had test drive vehicles of all BS6 cars - Tiago, tigor, Nexon, Harrier, Altroz. Harrier TD car was an automatic one. Was surprised to see the crowded showroom in Hosur on Saturday morning! Seems like people are increasingly becoming aware of safety and Tata cars.
sairamboko is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 01:10   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Media ad made by Amita Angal & her cinematography team:

RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 23:45   #252
BHPian

Test drove the automatic Harrier XZA Red single tone car and here are the observations
1. Looks - The car looks desirable even in the single tone option. However I liked the orange Calisto Copper better. It looked sportier in my opinion.

2. Vibrations are felt on the steering wheel when stationary. But nowhere else. Once the car gets moving the vibrations are gone.

3. Engine + Gearbox combo is super smooth and again Tata have done a great job in combining the engine with an auto box. The car accelerates linearly and smoothly. In the short drive that I had there were no jerks or confusion in gearshifts.

4. The performance is subtlety better than the 140 hp but its not like it has become a rocket. The engine shows that extra 30 hp once you cross 30 kph and it takes you to 100 within no time. That may be the most enjoyable range in this car. I would rate the performance at par with the XUV500 auto.

5. Cant comment on handling much felt similar to the manual that I had driven. However in the sports mode the steering felt a bit funny.

6. Sports mode is auto activated if you put the car in manual mode. Once you move to D City mode is auto activated.

7. Very very slight jerk was felt while changing the gear from P to D. But once I tried it 3-4 times, there was no jerk.

8. Bad news is that rear camera is still as grainy and low quality as before but the Rear view mirrors are smaller and the visibility is better.

9. Someone had asked whether the optional small webasto sunroof is available for lower models, the SA said it is still available as an official accesory.

Last edited by rkv_hunter : 1st March 2020 at 23:50. Reason: typo and additional info
rkv_hunter is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 09:58   #253
Senior - BHPian

It seems Bangalore dealers are still waiting for the TD cars.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th March 2020 at 06:09. Reason: Formatting
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:03   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreejith V View Post
Folks, please have some patience to get the TD. Let manufacturer decide what could be the effect of BS4 fuel on their BS6 cars. Everybody knows that being it TATA, even if one of the TD cars shows a small issue by using BS4 fuels, all are going to bash TATA. Again the word 'niggles' is going to be associated with Harrier. TATA knows it better than anybody. So, I feel like they are taking a safe stand. Since we are in a crucial phase of change, lets wait till manufacturer is comfortable to release their product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastturtle10 View Post
Couldn't agree more with Sreejith V, the automobile sector is moving to uncharted territory, manufacturers like TATA are being careful with the process and ensuring the cars won't have any niggles like they had in pre-July 2019 models.
I beg to disagree with the above posts. Tata has had enough time and resources to test BS4 fuel in their BS6 vehicles. It looks like they are under confident on launching this product or it may again be a half baked product (just like the earlier ones). All other vehicle manufacturers have already come out with their BS6 products and prepared themselves for the shortcomings. Providing a niggle free product is a basic requirement for every manufacturer and Tata is no different. Tata is themselves to blame for bombing a great product and driving away potential customers.
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:18   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
It seems Bangalore dealers are still waiting for the TD cars
Dealers in Bangalore started getting the vehicles for delivery too. One of my friend is getting the delivery in a weeks time. We have already seen the vehicle at stock yard. 4 vehicles were there in the yard. ( 2 white DT, 1 white and 1 red ). All of them are XZA variant. I couldn’t find the ad blue tank inside the fuel lid or in the engine bay. SA pointed to a small pipe with cap inside the bonnet and mentioned ad blue tank may not be visible but the pipe is leading to tank.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th March 2020 at 06:10. Reason: Formatting quoted post
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks