Re: The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs

Evo India Ultimate SUV comparison

Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 08:12   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Let me be one of the first to congratulate you on this great acquisition. Must say the car has everything going for it except for the marketing efforts by Tata and lackadaisical attitude of a few sales person which are the only things stopping it from becoming a success.
Thank you so much. I am surprised about the lack of marketing too. But apart from that, the sales is at par with any other manufacturer if not better. Admittedly, my sample size is very small, but I have been in touch with the dealerships for over an year and in all, have taken around five test drives of the manual and the automatic and have seen the product overall.
If anyone in Pune is looking for a Tata vehicle, I would wholeheartedly recommend Sridha Motors just for the kind of service and confidence they provide. No request is too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Many congratulations and wishing you happy and safe motoring! Car looks fabulous! Wish it came with roof rails which would have been icing on cake
Which tyres did you get with the car? The thread pattern looks a bit different from the Apollos which I saw on couple of TD cars.
Thank you so much. The tyres are Apollo Acelere. With the short drives I am limited to, they seem good. Will need to do a longish drive before building an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Oh lovely! Congratulations ihrishi. Finally your SUV is home. You were very patient in your evaluation and specification requirements. I remember you had almost picked up the Tucson.
Nice colour & the 2020 AT Harrier sure is a worthy car in all aspects. Wish you & your family unlimited safe & happy miles with Velocita. You MUST write an ownership thread. Especially since travel restrictions are in place - surely you can find time to compile one.
Thank you so much. Yes, I had almost 'strayed' to the Tuscon and am glad sense prevailed. I see the Tuscon almost every day and it is difficult to distinguish it from the i20 at time. No such qualms with the Harrier. I get right of way every time and that is awesome. The only time I had such attention and respect on the road was when i used to hve 4 hella Rallye on my Linea (even when the lights were off)
I will try to come up with an longish write up for the ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Congratulations ihrishi... The dual combi of red and black looks absolutely amazing on the beast! You should have attached a lemon to the car and then shared the photos here, nazar na lag jayee
Thank you! Yes, I should have done that. Just waiting to take her out for a decent photo-shoot. So many ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Heartiest congratulations !!! Please keep us posted on your initial driving experience and overall view on the car.
Car looks stunning in this color for sure. Enjoy your new ride
Initial driving experience is excellent. The NVH levels are almost negligible. It glides over speed bumps and broken roads. The city mode is good for sedate drives. Slot it in Sports and the character seems to change. The gearshifts are smooth without any lag or drop in power. The turning circle is a delight. It is smaller than the Linea. U turns are no longer two point!
Family is happy with the ingress and egress effort due to the flattish floor as compared to a sedan. The sunroof is - for want of a better word - a world apart. And in this weather - it makes everything different. It will make life difficult for all my friends with kids.
My only grouch remains the position of the arm rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Congratulations. She is a beaut. I almost bought this combo but last minute chickened out and stuck with a more conventional white and black DT.
Good to see new harriers on the road. My SA told me that they sold 22 harriers in June of which 20 were AT.
The white and black looks very elegant. My backup plan (if they had not launched the red) was to buy the white and wrap the roof red. Thank goodness Tata was listening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Great photos, adds a character to the already amazing looking car. I had driven this same combination before the lock down, and must tell you the view from back seat with sunroof is as good as the view while sitting on driver seat.
Congratulations again, and wish you safe drives.
Thank you so much. For once, I feel jealous of the passengers. Check out this photo (sorry for the potato quality, it was taken in a hurry):
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200709-7.43.47-pm.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Killer looks!!! Congratulations on your new steed. Keenly awaiting an ownership thread. May I ask you how was the buying experience, delivery timelines etc.Happy mile crunching.
Buying experience was flawless. Original booking was with Rudra Motors in February and they were in touch throughout the lock down. I finally decided to go ahead with the purchase in June with Sridha Motors. The refund process was smooth without issues. Delivery timeline was around 7 days after the loan was sanctioned.The delay is in the registration process due to the RTO not working full strength. I am still waiting for the number plates.

Last edited by manson : 11th July 2020 at 17:12. Reason: Rearranged picture :)
ihrishi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 12:40   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I'm looking for scuff plates for the Harrier. I wanted the "Land Rover Pedigree" ones that Tata has showcased, but it seems that scuff plates are not OE accessories for the Harrier yet. online pickings are also few, and the ones that are there are the LED types which i abhor. Any pointers on where once can source some good ones?
For those who may be interested:

My dealership informed me that the "land Rover Pedigree" scuff plates are being made available by TML once again due to strong demand. My dealer has placed order and will get it in about a week. Cost is 1500/- . I for one am happy because factory finish is always better than aftermarket stuff, and everytime you open the door, you are reminded of the pedigree of your steed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
The Creta must be one heck of a drive if what Sirish says is unbiased. My drive of the Seltos didnt suggest so and its a twin of the creta! Honestly, I was open to buying a seltos and that would've saved me cash. But the Harrier is such a compelling and complete product that the Seltos just didnt match up.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th July 2020 at 20:53. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
himanshugoswami is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 13:50   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Odd I felt that the Creta drove more boat like than Seltos. As in its less tight suspension wise and others agreed but yes its better around town. The new Harrier is definitely something that I would buy instead of the Seltos. Overall still rate the Compass higher than both Seltos or Harrier but its price and the fact of the new facelift has metal sheet changes means skip for now.

Inside the space offered is not too different but yes Harrier has more space overall.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2020 at 16:51. Reason: Removed video URL within quote.
Brishti is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 14:14   #440
BHPian

Quote:
The Creta must be one heck of a drive if what Sirish says is unbiased. My drive of the Seltos didnt suggest so and its a twin of the creta! Honestly, I was open to buying a seltos and that would've saved me cash. But the Harrier is such a compelling and complete product that the Seltos just didnt match up.
The Harrier interiors feel couple of segments above the Seltos and Creta. It really gives a luxury car feel. In terms of cabin feel
Harrier >> Seltos > Creta.

In terms of drive, Harrier definitely feels more powerful but Creta and Seltos feel more agile.
rkv_hunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 14:18   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Our friendly neighborhood Autospy caught up with a couple of Harrier test mules on the streets of Pune earlier today.

Not sure what was being tested under the hood - more fine-tuning of the BS6 powertrains, or a petrol?

No update from my birdies on these, either.

The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-img20200711wa0019.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 14:30   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
The Harrier interiors feel couple of segments above the Seltos and Creta. It really gives a luxury car feel. In terms of cabin feel
Harrier >> Seltos > Creta.

In terms of drive, Harrier definitely feels more powerful but Creta and Seltos feel more agile.
The creta and seltos are definitely more agile in a city environment, but take these to a highway or over less than perfect roads, and the Harrier trumps by some margin. In my extensive drives of the Seltos, the moment we hit a bad patch at anything above 60 kph, the car would feel very nervous. Same road on the Harrier, it was almost as if the Harrier said "is that all you got? Gimme more!"

I really wanted to like the Seltos because financially it made a lot of sense, but somehow, the Harrier just kept calling out to me. Given that my drives will be 70 percent highway drives, the Seltos just couldn't convince me. My banker sure was happy given the higher loan amount!

Last edited by manson : 11th July 2020 at 17:11. Reason: Typo.
himanshugoswami is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 17:26   #443
BHPian

Saw a white Harrier in front of me today in Blore. Looks big!

It's tail lights (rear brake lights as well as turn indicator lights) looked very small to me. Visibility from afar looked compromised, I felt. Is that the way it really is, or was this just a case of *this* car with possibly a failed row of lights (or fuse)? (in case each set of lights is comprised of multiple rows, dunno if that's the case)

Last edited by vharihar : 11th July 2020 at 17:28.
Old 11th July 2020, 18:17   #444
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
It's tail lights (rear brake lights as well as turn indicator lights) looked very small to me. Visibility from afar looked compromised, I felt. Is that the way it really is, or was this just a case of *this* car with possibly a failed row of lights (or fuse)? (in case each set of lights is comprised of multiple rows, dunno if that's the case)
They are like that by design, I also felt same about rear lights, Harrier needs better brake lights and tail lamps.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 18:43   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
They are like that by design, I also felt same about rear lights, Harrier needs better brake lights and tail lamps.
Geez, visibility sure would be severely compromised (for others to spot the Harrier from behind), esp with rain or fog and at high speed. Tata Motors ought to fix that.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 22:41   #446
BHPian

I thought you guys will enjoy this photograph I took yesterday just before the lockdown starts again.
Still waiting for the official number plates!
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-img_20200711_184755.jpg  

ihrishi is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 07:18   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
I thought you guys will enjoy this photograph I took yesterday just before the lockdown starts again.
Still waiting for the official number plates!
What a beauty!

Everytime I lay my eyes on this beast, I cant help but marvel at the design created by Pratap Bose. How well the car will hold up mechanically, only time will tell (although TML vehicles are now as reliable as any other manufacturer), but when it comes to design, TML has aced it. The Harrier on the road looks better than anything south of its cousin, the RR Velar, IMHO.

The other day I parked my Harrier in the market and when I returned, it was flanked by two fortuners, all three vehicles being white. If I may be permitted a bit of "parental" boasting, the Harrier trumped both the Toyotas royally, when it came to looks and street presence!
himanshugoswami is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 09:35   #448
BHPian

Why the sunroof is only available in the top end. If it was available at a lower variant, it would have been in Creta's top end territory and many would have considered Harrier as also an option.

At least, they would have considered. Some could have bought, like me.

To give you variant wise price and why I say this :
The XMA variant is priced at 20.5 on Bangalore and the sunroof variant XZA+ at 25.5 lakh. So, a difference of full 5 lakhs. Had they launched a variant at 22 with XMA and additional sunroof, something like XMA+, the sales number will definitely be better than what they are having now.

The VFM variant is undoubtedly the XMA, but it would be really good if they launched XMA+. I would be then interested even during this lockdown.
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs-img_20200206_085548.jpg  

turbo_delight is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 12:00   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
To give you variant wise price and why I say this :
The XMA variant is priced at 20.5 on Bangalore and the sunroof variant XZA+ at 25.5 lakh. So, a difference of full 5 lakhs. Had they launched a variant at 22 with XMA and additional sunroof, something like XMA+, the sales number will definitely be better than what they are having now.
You do get below(not exhaustive) apart from Pano Sunroof:

Reverse Parking Camera (must have in all big cars in India)
Cruise Control (T-ROC misses out on this)
Electrically foldable ORVMs (Skoda Rider+ will have these?)
Lumbar Support (Civic sadly misses these, caused backpain)
Soft Touch Dashboard (Karoq wins here vs. T-ROC)
Terrain Response Modes (an SUV should have these!)
9 JBL speakers
Alloy wheels (Skoda charges 60K for these, FYI)

I do see enough value in those, if not 5 lacs worth.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 12:41   #450
BHPian

And looking at the note shared above - you also miss out on 6 airbags and ISOFIX Seats (if you need one). Now can you put a price on safety. A lot of features can possibly be retrofitted, but some of these cannot.

That said, I do agree, having an XMA+ (essentially an XMA with a panoramic sunroof) would be a great option to have. Would improve the appeal of the Tata Harrier.

Last edited by sachinayak : 13th July 2020 at 12:43.
sachinayak is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks