Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2020, 22:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020

Shut up and take my money Tata!

One of the coolest concepts in recent years and the basic elements are all totally feasible to put into production.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 22:20   #62

Yes I know one liners aren't appreciated, but heck yeah! I want a Sierra !!
JourneyMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 23:25   #63
BHPian

I don't know why but I want Tata to succeed. They have ambition, vision and plethora of hard work. It all reflects in their brilliant products. Top notch design language, superb engines and build quality that can boast of best in the country.

With it's "greenhouse type glass" Sierra brings back a lot of memories. It's legendary design coupled with their latest platform and a competitive pricing. What an offering it would be. My heart gets lured every time I see a Tata car on the road. And with their new offerings it would be hard to keep hands off their products.
uditsharma01 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 01:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

Is this really going to be launched? TML has become desirable and quality has gone up significantly! Hope they also launch the topless version without the glass! It would be something!!!
Equus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 09:20   #65
BHPian

If we ever go into production, the car will be as close to this as possible. When Mr Pratap Bose says this, there is no reason to believe otherwise.

Tata Motors, this guy right here is a gold mine. Change your CEO, but make sure this guy stays. Good luck !!
DieselAddikt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 11:11   #66
BHPian

New launches/announcements by Tata create a lot of buzz. Sad though that most of their cars flatter to deceive and are unable to generate volumes.
Old 6th February 2020, 11:47   #67
BHPian

Kudos to Tata for finally bringing it back!

While this is nice, it would have been great if it was a bit squarish than roundish overall. A bit sharp like an old rendering below by cartoq to have that timeless design, especially the rear.

Something like a Xenon front/rear (not the below). I don't like the too rounded rear, looks like a van aka Sumo Grande/Movus as shared earlier by a bhp'ian.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020-sierra.jpeg  

Last edited by ganesc : 6th February 2020 at 11:51.
ganesc is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 13:04   #68
BHPian

This one was for me the greatest surprise of auto expo 2020. What a design 😍! In my view the only electric SUV design that rivals Rivian, and I'd prefer Sierra over it. And I fully agree with it being electric. Thought I heard in one of the videos that it will be AWD. Just imagine tank turns in this!! Epic.
Old 6th February 2020, 13:12   #69
BHPian

Sorry for going a bit off topic but I had to say this

The new Tata products are just clicking on the correct spot of almost everyone and we are just as happy seeing this particular brand grow with each passing day, better than it was yesterday. With the revival of the Sierra, the updated Harrier, the Altroz and Nexon getting 5 stars the love and respect towards Tata has grown in folds. It is now clear as daylight that the company is heading in the right direction. But what remains a serious gamble is the fact that their after sales hasn't evolved much since their Indica days. They are nearly in the same position. One humble request to the higher authorities of Tata, please do something about it. If you are watching this space, which I'm sure you check regularly, this is a humble request from a fan and well wisher as well as an owner of your product. We've bought the Harrier even after facing the after sales horror stories with our past Tata car. We Indians are too much invested emotionally in this brand than any other. And with the increasing interest of the coming generation in our own homegrown products, I think it's about time the base level things are set right.
Tanveer02 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 13:12   #70
Senior - BHPian

Undoubtedly the star of the show. Going by the reception, even the accountants at TATA motor would be involuntarily loosening their purse strings in a hurry. That camouflaged sliding door piece-of-genius could only have been sketched by the brilliance of Bose. Headed for production, surely!
Old 6th February 2020, 13:13   #71
BHPian

Tata Sierra - How should I start describing about this legend.

It was a legend that ruled Indian roads in the mid 90's. I fell in love with this beast when I first saw this in the film Kadhalan (1994) used by the legendary actor Raghuvaran.

This is almost a forgotten vehicle but thanks to Tata motors for bringing this beast back to life. The concept car looks promising as they kept the big glass intact (copied from the legacy design).

But to the best of my knowledge, concept and reality will not be in sync. I hope Tata motors will not disappoint us by showing one and delivering a completely different machine.

Tata Sierra can become legendary again if Tata motors can consider the below points:

1. 4X4 variant
2. Fast Charging capabilities
3. 18'' tyre
4. Heat resistant glass at the back (as Sierra is prominently identified by this)
5. Retaining 3 doors (same as legacy)
6. Strict No No to Leaf Spring Suspension (preferable Multi Link and Double Wishbone)
7. Airbag that covers the entire glass in case of contingency
Sasanka_Sanga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 13:33   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Headed for production, surely!
Hope they confirm it, or we start seeing spy pictures before the new Mahindra Thar hits the market.

Many prospective Thar owners will surely be swayed by the Sierra badge. A lot of city dwellers buying Thar don't need the off-road ability.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 13:51   #73
BHPian

As much I loved the front, I hate the rear.
The front looks modern with lines and cuts while the rear is just blunt and round. Looks like the designers were inspired by the Sumo Grande.

If this is going into production, please change the rear treatment TATA.
iamahunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 13:55   #74
BHPian

Definitely in the minority as I only see @Iamahunter feel this way, but the front and rear look like it was designed by two different designers. The front is butch and awesome looking, the rear definitely looks like a Sumo and that never was a good looking machine.

That said, am just happy that at least two Indian automakers are coming up with bold concepts and also launching good looking, well designed cars....and one is not. Am looking at you Maruti. Sadly though Maruti sells and that is what counts at the end of the day.
Old 6th February 2020, 14:23   #75
BHPian

I am standing next to the Sierra Concept. My heart just skipped a beat. I just walked into the pavillion and had almost forgotten about this thread.
psbali is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed