Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2020, 15:00   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020

I loved the squares and angles on the old sierra. please, please not so round. but i am putting my money on this one for sure. bring it on Tatas
nairanupg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 15:20   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Its good to see the TATA Sierra back in this new concept but using the ALFA platform from the Altroz is not a good way to bring back the legend

Are we forgetting that the old school Sierra which we all loved was a butch ladder frame construction.

My last fear is that the Sierra will eventually launch as an EV :/
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 15:32   #78
BHPian

Since the time Sierra was launched, I absolutely loved it ! I love 3-door cars, and part of my love for Sierra was that it was a 3-door and way ahead of its time in terms of how it looked. If Sierra comes with 3-door avatar in production, I will sell my Jetta and book it. Icing on the cake would be if they make it 4x4.
Old 6th February 2020, 15:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

In terms of being a spiritual successor, the new Sierra does it beautifully. It cannot repeat the original as-is and it has not, yet unmistakable as a Sierra in silhouette.

Reminds me of the beautiful job done by Land Rover in the new Defender. Some synergies here?
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 15:49   #80
BANNED

The new kids from the Tata JLR family sitting side by side.

Sierra: A "rounded" Defender in design?
Attached Images

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th February 2020 at 16:09.
romeomidhun is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 15:58   #81

I hope they bring it in with 4X4. India nowadays needs good off roaders. Not Cars/Crossovers masquerading as SUVs
sumodhkrishna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 16:16   #82
BHPian

Like our fellow Bhpian's, I too love this concept. Be it ICE or EV model, ready to take the plunge from Storme!

Love this Sierra design.
Old 6th February 2020, 16:32   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Seems like on the RHS, there is only one door (for driver) while on the LHS, there are 2 doors. The thick C-pillar is not present on the RHS. Or, is it the angle that deceive?

Attachment 1964951

Attachment 1964950

BTW, the only gripe is the D-Pillar. t resembles the Grande.

Attachment 1964969Attachment 1964970
That D-Pillar you mentioned from Sumo
Grande is from the "Thomas Ashton" era within Tata Motors!!!!!
TECHNIKER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 17:01   #84
Senior - BHPian

The gestation period between concept and actualisation for TML takes longer than what most patient*enthusiasts*are willing to wait for. Therefore, I will believe it when I see it in showrooms, nonetheless the biggest positives I see from the concept is:

- Tata's realisation of the brand recall in come of their legendary models. Starting with the Sierra, this favourable reaction to the concept should help enthuse Tata to look into reviving legendary badges like Sierra, Sumo, Safari etc. For long I had thought that we will not see these names again but TML seems to have woken up.

- Tata's design prowess is indisputable. Yes one can find flaws, but for a home grown manufacturer their design language will put many large International companies to shame. The Sierra is a brilliant example, using the inherited car's lines and merging it with the Impact design code. That passenger door is simply design genius.

- Exploring an important segment. People are looking to buy toys as disposable income improves. This niche is perhaps currently quenched by most middle aged men buying* bigger capacity motorcycles, a Thar or in very few examples an Isuzu pickup. A practical 4 door Sierra looking like that will make huge inroads into this lucrative niche.

Tata has won round one and the Sierra is simply the star of the auto show. Yet, there's a long war ahead and plenty of battles to be fought. I hope to see a victorious Sierra running on Indian roads in a couple of years time.
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 18:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one who does NOT like the new Sierra? this design looks very confused, and the rear has too much recall of the Sum Grande, which as we all know, is not exactly a design worth emulating. The designers of the harrier and the HBX can surely do better.
himanshugoswami is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 18:37   #86

Pratap Bose said to Autocar India that this will certainly be an EV. Later he also added while talking about it that 'If we ever went to Production' we will try to retain as much from this concept as possible when it comes to design.

So yeah this is going to be EV if it ever launches.
MaGosen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 19:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

Got the technical specifications and images from the press release:

Length 4150mm
Width 1820mm
Height 1675mm
Wheelbase 2450mm
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020-sierraexterior01.jpg  

Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020-sierraexterior02.jpg  

Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020-sierraexterior04.jpg  

Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020-sierraexterior07.jpg  

Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020-sierrainterior01.jpg  

Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020-sierrainterior05.jpg  

Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020-sierrainterior08.jpg  

Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020-sierrainterior21.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 20:07   #88
Senior - BHPian

I love the way the steering has "Legend Re Born" written on the brownish part near the bottom! A dream car for so many of us, please bring it soon Tata Motors, and not just in 4x2 avatar, but 4x4 as well, I don't mind an electric Off Roader, if it has a good practical range.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 20:26   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Am I the only one who does NOT like the new Sierra?

Hardly the sleekness that the Original Sierra had. The D-pillar apart, the design has too many lines all over. I may be interested if this gets toned down a good bit. If this model comes to production, the interiors anyway wont be like this. That is a lesser dis-like point for me at this time compared to the exteriors.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 02:59   #90
Senior - BHPian

I wish the rear left door is of gull-wing type. That'll make it an amazing package.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks