Old 5th February 2020, 10:50   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Tata Sierra reborn - Brand revived as a concept in Auto Expo 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
One more picture of the Sierra !

Attachment 1964946
So it's actually a 4 door (and not 3 door). One on the RHS, two on the LHS and one at rear.
ottocycle is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 10:58   #17
BHPian

By the time I wanted to buy a Sierra, it went out of production. I am sold for this new design, brilliant way to make it 4 doors, yet carry the legacy. Rear and the C pillar doesn’t look appealing. Hope it’s different in the production version.
Can’t wait to see the production version.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 5th February 2020 at 11:00.
Old 5th February 2020, 11:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Years ago, I posted this in my blog. While the views were well-received and the post did garner quite some hits, it seems the folks from Tata Motors were also smoking the same weed all this while!

I had said, "Bring back the Sierra, Tata!"

Now that they've done it, I can't wait to see how this transforms into a production model. Mr. Pratap Bose is transforming Tata with excellent help from the product planning team. I hope this homegrown brand rises to great heights and make us all proud!

Last edited by GTO : 6th February 2020 at 08:34. Reason: Sorry, linking to your personal blog isn't permitted
arvi86 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 11:06   #19
BANNED

It's good to see that Tata is looking to reintroduce their iconic cars in modern avatar. Sierra was the best looking car of it's time. I wish if Tata also thinks of bringing iconic Safari brand back to the market.
drkuldeep1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 11:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Seems like on the RHS, there is only one door (for driver) while on the LHS, there are 2 doors. The thick C-pillar is not present on the RHS. Or, is it the angle that decieve?

Attachment 1964951

BTW, the only gripe is the D-Pillar. t resembles the Grande.

Attachment 1964969Attachment 1964970
The side profile for some reason looks like Tata Sumo Grande. Not sure if the concept was derived from Sumo.
Superleggera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 11:28   #21
BHPian

This is such a great design for a futuristic EV with deep rooted Sierra genes ! I just hope the production ready version doesn't differ too much from this design principle !
Old 5th February 2020, 11:30   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Potentially an EV Only car perhaps? I hope it gets a diesel though!
My birdie tells me that as of now, this is planned as an all electric vehicle. Not sure if ICE variant will be launched.
BoneCollector is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 11:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Oh please please please TATA, make it a reality and launch it. Preferably with a 4WD.
Looks awesome and the Sierra moniker is a cheery on the cake.
Tata Motors is on a roll.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 11:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Here is a video of Sierra
Latheesh is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 12:05   #25
BHPian

I was impressed by Nexon and Altroz. But this version of Sierra is just...

This is going to be the first Tata that i will buy if it manages to showrooms in the same avatar without any tone down. And i will be the proud owner of a TATA. Never in my dream i imagined owning one ever.

I am also buying shares of TAMO. The future for this company is definitely bright. They sure are going to beat the economy slowdown blues.

I also see a hint of LR design language in their cars now.
bmw_lover is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 12:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
As much as I'd like to agree with you, the days of the good old "boxy" SUVs are sadly gone - the market just does not want it. The last thing Tata wants to do now is to launch a new product with a design language that is already considered "outdated" in our market! That said, the new design does bring in a wonderful amalgamation of the "Sierra touch" and Tata's new design language inspired by its JLR legacy. I'm eagerly waiting for the prod version
Agree with you that this design is a beautiful melange of the original and the contemporary. I love the fact that its a true homage to the original legend of the Sierra's design. IMHO this oozes better 'pedigree' of both the original Sierra and the JLR legacy than the Harrier. Its a subtle art to pay tribute to the boxy old school and still convey a whiff of fresh modernity. This design nails that.

Slight OT. But there is still a gap in the market, for home grown 7 seater SUVs. The true replacement for the Safari and Scorpio. The Hexa, was a wonderful VFM product but was not really a Safari replacement. (Let's not even talk about Safari Edition of Hexa, it aint the same.) The Harrier was never intended as the Safari replacement, and truly speaking neither would be the Gravitas.

The market is so busy in the meaty 5 seater SUV space and the makers responding accordingly, that the full size SUVs have been, well... pushed to the third row. Agreed that the sweet spot 5 seaters where the interest and the money and the sales is, so hence the crowding of cars and customers.

Five seater SUVs have quietly climbed up the price ladder and now sit in the 20 lac band unabashedly. If one needs to really upgrade from the safari/scorpio, to a true blue full size SUV, you're forced to cross the gap, to the really expensive D2 offerings. I still believe, many like myself, would pick an updated, boxy modern Safari, over the Harrier and its curves.

This Sierra, for me, points in that hopeful direction.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 12:10   #27
BHPian

Pratap Bose is the Jony Ive of TaMo
catchjyoti is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 12:21   #28
BHPian

Can't wipe the wild grin on my face. Recently in another thread, I was complaining about how TATA motors killed some of their brand names in the middle of product evolution. This is such happy news to read. Seirra was a childhood wow car for me and when I saw this thread with pictures it definitely brought back that excitement in me. Well done TATA team!!
Old 5th February 2020, 12:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Only thing this car needs is a spare wheel mounted on the boot then the Sierra is reborn in an electric guise.

I really hope they get this car with ICE versions too.

Tata rocks!
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 12:36   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_lover View Post
I am also buying shares of TAMO. The future for this company is definitely bright. They sure are going to beat the economy slowdown blues.
Better product portfolio does not always translate into better profits for the company. At times even good sales also doesn't guarantee profits for the company. End of the day what any shareholder wishes is profit but not just sales & turnover.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed