Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2020, 10:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoker View Post
The white one looks STUNNING. It looks like a segment above!

I wonder why most manufacturers don't advertise their cars in white, it's the most popular color.
White in India, is associated with Taxis. Down goes the prestige!
Old 9th February 2020, 11:02   #32
BHPian

I was at KHT motors Bangalore yesterday. We test-drove the Nexon EV and it feels like the future is here! The sales folks were pretty responsive and the whole portfolio was great. Yellow Tiago, a gold Altroz and a white one, the new Nexon and a BS 4 Harrier dark edition (awaiting BS 6). No Hexa on display though as BS 4 stock is over. Great vibes and showroom was packed with people. I hope they can be consistent in their Sales and Service game throughout the country. They have to be to withstand the Chinese onslaught!
puntOOs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 11:04   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
The taxi white is usually different from the premium pearly sort of white which is very popular in India. The white Altroz looked really great at KHT yesterday. It was an XT without alloy wheels.
puntOOs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 11:11   #34
BHPian

I was there on 7th Feb. My experience with TAMO wasn't great. All other manufacturers allowed you to experience cars. TAMO decided to lock each and every car. After requesting they briefly opened harrier and didn't let you experience from inside.
sunilsoft is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 11:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I was there on 7th Feb. My experience with TAMO wasn't great. All other manufacturers allowed you to experience cars. TAMO decided to lock each and every car. After requesting they briefly opened harrier and didn't let you experience from inside.
Same here. In fact the person on stand (employee, not associate) was quite rude. Unfortunately it is the same behaviour in varying intensity that percolates downstream in their sales channels also. On the contrary sir he reps at Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai and Kia stalls were far more forthcoming.

Last edited by aditya79india : 9th February 2020 at 11:15.
aditya79india is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 11:17   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On hatchbacks and sedans, yes.

Different story on SUVs - Fortuner and Scorpio sells by the truckloads in white colour and is usually associated with politicians and power.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 11:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. In fact the person on stand (employee, not associate) was quite rude. Unfortunately it is the same behaviour in varying intensity that percolates downstream in their sales channels also.
Exactly my thoughts. I was really keen on buying harrier but the way they treat the customers is far from ideal. Compare the experience to that of MG or Kia which was nothing short of great when compared to Tata.
Even my experience at GWM was fabulous.
When I visited MG Motors Mohali last week the way they treated me, could be a reason a person might buy a car from them and not from tata. Because the overall experience does matter.
Old 9th February 2020, 20:18   #38
BHPian

Tata's display at this expo has been stellar. Along with Tata, I'm a big Skoda design fan. But for now, Tata has taken the cake. Every product is desirable. Except for Nexon's overly done rear.

The Tiago is even more dashing now. Mistook a red facelift Tiago for the Altroz the other day. Harrier's exterior is well complemented now by the bump in power and added features and pricing too. Good effort by Tata to make these changes within a year. Nexon's front fascia is handsome and will age well. Now I wait, for the Sierra. Really hope it to be our first EV in the family The Hexa on display is just a hasty attempt by Tata to put all the discontinuation rumors to rest. I really doubt (wouldn't want) this Safari edition to be present come Diwali 2020. I can understand the desire to pay homage to the Safari, but the real way to pay homage is to present a concept Safari at Expo 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I was really keen on buying harrier but the way they treat the customers is far from ideal. Compare the experience to that of MG or Kia which was nothing short of great when compared to Tata....
Can understand how you feel. Our Hexa purchase experience was nothing to write home about. Pretty sure you are aware of what happened immediately post delivery too. But as I requested you in the Harrier thread, compare the cars available on the basis of test drive and what they offer. When you spend 2 million bucks, it should be how you feel behind the steering wheel on any given day. Not how the SA treats you on one particular day. You will be spending 99.99% of your time with the car in the entire duration from TD to booking to delivery to ownership. Not with dealer SAs. Irrespective of brand, don't let go of a sweet ride just because some idiot is spoiling that 0.01% of your time.

As far as service is concerned, try finding out how the TASS around your place is and accordingly make your decision. Cause in my experience with 2 dealers, the sales front seemed to be filled with idiots, but the service front were competent to get the job done.
TROOPER is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 21:48   #39
BHPian

This AutoExpo is a TataExpo for Sure!

If this is not, Getting back to competition with all Guns Blazing, i dont know what is !

#NewForever

Wishing you well, Tata Motors!

P.s. Do remove the desperate Hexa Safari Edition, it's just a recolor and lame stickering job, undermining both the cult brands.

Last edited by Moto$apien : 9th February 2020 at 21:50.
Moto$apien is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 22:01   #40
BHPian

Are they hinting that it'll be a while before the Gravitas launch? They haven't shown it in the video.
Old 11th February 2020, 15:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Tata Motors brought back an old nameplate at the Auto Expo with this electric vehicle concept called the Sierra EV Concept. The vehicle is based on a stretched version of the HBX platform.
WOWW.. an awesome NY's surprise from Tata Motors, if they come out with the petrol or diesel version will be on my bucket list.
Apparently the TVC is out already, please see link below of cartoq and gaadiwaadi

https://www.cartoq.com/tata-sierra-c...ial-video-out/

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-sierra-e...ue-highlights/

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th February 2020 at 15:54. Reason: Trimmed quote.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks