Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2020, 22:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2020

Wowww! I am loving the show TAMO has put up at this Auto expo. Such innovative mods and innovations. The X-Ray screen showing safety features, driving track on top of the stall, and the Sierra concept.
Raghuwire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 01:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

I'm gravitating towards Gravitas. What a fine car they've made, and the mood video, shot so well, certainly elevates it. Wonder what's the premium it would command over the Harrier! Sierra would remain a homage to the brand and will stay at the concept stage is what I feel, because it's just too crazy. Wee tiny to be a lounge space. Rest of the products on show were remarkable, and Tata Motors gave the 'performance of their life' at this years Auto Show. They're also aiming to dominate the EV space. No wonder the stock is up.
Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 05:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pavilion. Good to see Sierra. Hope it does not just stay on the concept board and makes its way to production. I love the fact that Tata has taken on the EV route. This is going to be the future and Nexon EV together with Altroz EV looks promising.

On the other hand, did anyone else get disappointed with the Gravitas? It seemed to have an uncanny resemblance to Sumo Grande from the side. Suddenly Harrier looks like completely overshadowing it on the looks front.
Or is it the boring colour?
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 07:44   #19
BHPian

The new Tigor looks so damn stunning. On the looks part, I think it's miles ahead of what competition offers. I'm hoping I get to drive the BS6 AMT variant soon as the torque now comes in a bit early that should improve the driveability.
Dieselritzer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 08:55   #20
BHPian

The track is a great thought. I am surprised at the tiny ledge around the track. If anyone can test drive the car then its an accident waiting to happen.

While bringing back the Sierra name plate is a good move. I think TATA should avoid using the Safari badge as an add on.
mac187 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 09:48   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Not only do all cars in this pavilion attracts people, but the theme and the attention to detail is praiseworthy. from the plant holder showing Tata's version of the 3-pointed star to the EV driving track above the pavilion...all are so neatly done. The Sierra EV and the HBX concept also look so futuristic and mean respectively. I wish people shun their image about Tata and buy their cars than just thinking about "service centres at every corner".
hemanth.anand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 10:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That said - Harrier has improved and how! A very desirable package now - with the improved engine, TC automatic gearbox and the panoramic sunroof.

Now hopefully that transforms into sales and changed customer perceptions very soon.
Really hope to see a full fledged review and not just an update review from team-bhp for the Harrier. Given the half baked product Tata's brought in the first time, and the many (many) updates they brought to this car, it deserves one.
Annibaddh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 10:56   #23
BHPian

I was comparing Gravitas & Hexa... Won't they compete against each other? What exactly is the difference here? Is Gravitas supposed to be an SUV? Is there a 4×4 version? And Hexa an MPV is the only vehicle from TML retaining 4×4?

And yes, the desirability of Harrier has gone up with the new engine and automatic version.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th February 2020 at 18:07. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks
Drkalgaonkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 12:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Best effort by Tata, kudos to them !! By far, Tata wins the Auto Expo Manufacturer of the year award. All models look great now. I guess Tata should have focused more about 5 star safety they are giving to consumers in their cars.

Now it's time to kick your own A.S.S. Tata. With this current lineup, I am sure you can sale at least 50% more cars. All cars has huge potential for sure, just make sure that you sell your car well. Don't just wait for customers to come to you & buy one. Do some innovative advertising, marketing & you should be able to sell more for sure.

All the best!
aniketi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 12:50   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
On the other hand, did anyone else get disappointed with the Gravitas?

Or is it the boring colour?
I'll bet that the colour has a LOT to do with it! Harrier BS6 being in the bright red dual-tone, whereas the Gravitas is in the same dull paint scheme as the Buzzard shown during the Geneva Motor Show. In fact, I had also done some photoshop work back then and was quite impressed with how it looked in other colours that are available on the Harrier. Like -

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2020-calisto.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2020-orcus_black.jpg

That said - I still feel it doesn't make sense over the Harrier unless you absolutely want your Harrier with the additional two seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
Really hope to see a full fledged review and not just an update review from team-bhp for the Harrier. Given the half baked product Tata's brought in the first time, and the many (many) updates they brought to this car, it deserves one.
GTO has good news for you - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4747161 (The BS6 Tata Harrier with 6-speed AT. EDIT: Launched @ 13.69 lakhs)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th February 2020 at 12:53.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 16:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Gravitas is a 6 / 7-seater version of the Harrier. It is scheduled to be launched in H1 FY2021.
Hi Aditya, Is it 2021 or 2020? Was thinking if this car is production ready why Tata is not launching it now given they are not taking Hexa bookings.
Old 7th February 2020, 22:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Hi Aditya, Is it 2021 or 2020? Was thinking if this car is production ready why Tata is not launching it now given they are not taking Hexa bookings.
Aditya mentioned FY 2021 i.e. between April and September 2020. So it is likely to be launched this year only. Guess they also want to space out launches. They have a packed agenda. Just hope that the sales / marketing team keeps up with the design team.
swami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 20:13   #28
BHPian

Tata Motors is the most exciting automaker today in India. They have put up a great show in 2020 Auto Expo. Most innovative tech, refreshed every car in their line up. Some of the cars look smashing in design and function. Features too are very generous. I can comfortably say, Tata has taken Honda's place. Honda used to offer the latest tech, premium feel. I think today Tata is doing the same, while Honda is stuck back in time. They have migrated the tech from JLR and made meaningful use of JLR acquisition with right amount of Indianization.

Just compare Tata cars from 2000-2010 with Tata cars from 2010-2020. What a phenomenal change. Even quality, fit and finish is a massive improvement. Even safety (which is normally ignored) has seen a major upgrade.

Tata is going to shine in the markets. All they need to do is exceed the number of Service centers and sales network than that of Maruti/Hyundai etc.
manjunathkl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 20:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'll bet that the colour has a LOT to do with it! Harrier BS6 being in the bright red dual-tone, whereas the Gravitas is in the same dull paint scheme as the Buzzard shown during the Geneva Motor Show. In fact, I had also done some
The white one looks STUNNING. It looks like a segment above!

I wonder why most manufacturers don't advertise their cars in white, it's the most popular color.
Old 9th February 2020, 10:07   #30
BHPian

The gravitas looks much better in person than it does in photos. Even with its displayed colour scheme.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks