Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2020, 14:58   #271
BHPian

re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

The harder i try the difficult it gets to like the design of this Creta. With so many pleasant car designs floating around read Compass, Harrier, Seltos, it is hard convincing oneself to spend 20 big ones on this. Even Hector’s design now looks promising.

Interiors in black looks nice but the white one looks straight out of couple of segment below. Especially the ACC display unit is a shame.

But after all this car will set the charts on fire again. Creta’s legacy of fuss free ownership is too strong in India. Be it any engine-transmission combo you don’t go wrong with a Creta.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 15:50   #272
Senior - BHPian

Comparison. S,SX & SX(O).

SX & SX(O) get panoramic sunroof & 10" infotainment system as standard. SX(O) gets 6 airbags and the all digital speedo.

The interior looks top notch but that front. God!!! Looks like the erstwhile Hyundai designers have joined Tata now.

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th March 2020 at 15:57.
Old 8th March 2020, 16:12   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
Good to see manufacturers bringing international standards to the cars in Indian market.
While these claims of static strength look good on paper, its the impact that counts. What matters more is how the car would fare in a head on impact with a 5.4 ton vehicle at 60 kph (say a bus).
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 16:25   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
So the T-GDI variant gets a non-diamond cut, gun metal alloys and JK tyres
I prefer the older model’s front look. The alloys also look ‘too busy’ in my opinion. But the amount of features they have provided still make it an great option.
Old 8th March 2020, 18:19   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very strange looks. The black looks much nice actually though because it hides most of the weird creases and cuts.

Interiors are modern but on par with Seltos.
Yes, I too feel that creta in Black looks good.
Especially, in the white one the rear end and tail lamps looks like a mod job to me. And alloy wheels look too busy.
(Just my opinion though)

Interiors of Hyundai always feels good with good fit and finish. Waiting to see it in person and to test drive the turbo petrol one.
Old 8th March 2020, 18:26   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

May be I am an old fogie. May be I don't get modern, millenial, woke taste. But I must say that I can't fathom how anyone can think that this car looks good.

The front, I can tolerate. Large grills are in - everyone from BMW onwards is going for them. The head lamps however make the car look quite ugly - from a Hyundai perspective, the best thing about them is that they make the Venue look good. The side is inoffensive in silver, but the silver plastic trims shown in the Autocar review look terrible on most other Colors. But what takes the cake is the rear. The Venue's rear was controversial, but it has grown on me. But especially in light colours, the Creta's rear looks incredibly bad. The interiors are better vs the exteriors, the large touch screen looks good. But what amazes me is that they even managed to make a flat bottom steering wheel look ugly. In fact, I suspect that the design brief was to make the car as ugly and disjointed as humanly possible. Finally we have a car that makes the original 1998 Santro look good.

Which is a pity, because in terms of features, this car seems great. A 1.4 l turbo petrol with 140 BHP and 240 NM of torque makes cars accompanied by a 7DCT puts this in line with cars costing nearly three times as much (Audi, I am referring to you). Add to it the panoramic sunroof roof, cooled seats (not available even in most cars costing ₹70 lakhs), electronic parking brake, and fantastic touch screen plus a new emphasis on structural safety of the car, and this would have been a car one would have been keen on considering. So all I can say is "Why Hyundai? Why did you build a fantastic car and ruin it by trying to be super cool? Couldn't you have played it conservative or even boring for once? What happened to the designers who gave us amazing looking cars like the fluidic Elantra and Tucson?"

A wasted opportunity in my view.
Hayek is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 19:12   #277
BHPian

So the Creta went from a good looking car with an odd feature distribution to a quirkily designed car with a lot of features. Anyways looks apart it seems to be a really promising package with good powertrains and a nice distribution of features.

Going slightly off topic, out of all the design elements that the designers could carry over from the current generation Creta, they retained only the drl design.
JD_404 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 20:46   #278
BHPian

Where is Hyundai headed nowadays? I know that style and looks of a car are subjective, but still most of the time the masses have a common opinion held by the majority, and that ratio never goes like 60:40 but more like 90:10. If looks really were subjective, we would be seeing more Quantos(No offense to the owners sincerely) on the roads right now.

Sorry for the seemingly off topic rant, but from Elantra to the new i20, and from the upcoming Verna to this monstrosity, Hyundai is either going mad with designs or I'm developing some strong bias towards more humble, vanilla designs. Look at their sedan Aura! I mean... The only eye candy according to me in their fleet is the i10 Nios, and with that one too, they somehow managed to end up with a taillight design similar to much older cars on the market.

Straight up kudos to Kia and Tata for coming up with fresh designs in this market.
Dr.Mechanic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 21:46   #279
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I get it now. Remember the first gen curvy Verna of 2007-08? Then came fluidic angular Verna. In case of Creta, Hyundai travelled in opposite direction. From current fluidic angular Creta to this new curvy Creta. May be it's a retro design theme. Anyone remembers the retro-Zen with round headlights and chrome accents?

It was said about Ford Model T that you could buy it in any colour as long as it was black. Hyundai should also sell it only in black.
Old 8th March 2020, 23:28   #280
BHPian

I bought the Seltos GTX knowing fully well that Creta is around the corner,and seems like I made the right decision. Comparing Creta SX Turbo to Seltos GTX DCT, I lose out on:
- Panaromic sunroof
- Electronic parking brake
- Paddle shifts

I gain:
- 7 inch MID (videos show its only available in SX(o))
- 6 airbags vs 2
- HUD
- Crystal cut alloys vs silver alloys
- LED foglamps vs halogen fogs

The above list is only basis the idea that I've got about the feature spread of Creta.
VS1811 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:13   #281
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ramps up 2020 Creta production

Hyundai has ramped-up the production of the 2020 Creta for faster deliveries.

According to the company, more than 650 Gen-4 robots are involved in the manufacturing of the new Creta. These operate for 295 days in 3 shifts for 6 days a week.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-metal-excellence-all-new-creta.jpg

The Hyundai factory has close to 2,500 connected machines that generate 11.7 billion data points per year. The data is analyzed by more than 50 data scientists.

Hyundai Integrated Vehicle Inspection Systems capture over 2 lakh data points per day. It is claimed to ensure the fool proof tightening of safety and critical joints.

Hyundai also claims that the new Creta is manufactured with 84% renewable energy. The car is said to have been tested on 17 test tracks to simulate various road driving conditions. 74.3% of the car's superstructure is made from high-strength steel.

The new Creta will be offered with three engine options - 1.5-litre diesel, 1.5-litre petrol and 1.4-litre turbo petrol. The powertrain shop is said to have nearly 700 CNC machines.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:14   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2020 Creta in Mulberry Red arrives as well.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-7.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-8.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-1.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-5.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-3.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-4.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-6.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-2.jpg

Plus, a look at the three different interiors for the top 3 variants. Note the differences in the ACC panel & the touchscreen HU sections:

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-colll.jpg

Thanks to Whatsapp sources.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th March 2020 at 12:16.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:29   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 2020 Creta in Mulberry Red arrives as well.
Looks good in this shade. Hides the the gap between tail lamp section.
I suppose the look will grow on you, as the time passes. Huge headlamps would look imposing at nights in the rear view mirror.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:40   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
May be I am an old fogie. May be I don't get modern, millenial, woke taste. But I must say that I can't fathom how anyone can think that this car looks good.
Add me to this list. I look at this and think “ugh!” They’ve worked on the mechanicals and features, and hopefully the TBHP review will have good things to say about the ride, but seriously a lost opportunity in design. The brief was probably to look as different from the Seltos as possible so as to not confuse the sisters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
I suppose the look will grow on you, as the time passes. Huge headlamps would look imposing at nights in the rear view mirror.
Lipstick on a pig?

I think people will end up telling themselves this, and probably that they will spend most of their time inside the car so why bother too much about the way it looks.

Stop and turn to take a second look after parking the car - no, not going to happen. Unless in the Frankenstein sense.

Last edited by VeluM : 9th March 2020 at 12:42.
VeluM is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 13:52   #285
BANNED

2020 Creta SX(O) trim to get all black interior - Link

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-hyundaicretainterior.jpg
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks