Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2020, 10:03   #136
BANNED

re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
‘The Perfect SUV’ tag with the Creta has now replaced with ‘The Ultimate SUV’.[/url]
Creta - the "Ultimate" SUV?

I guess their bench mark will be the "common man's" SUV S-Presso.

Creta was neither touching the heart (not a good design) nor the head (exorbitant pricing). With this iteration, I guess it will become worse both in terms of design and pricing. Let me wait till I see it on the road and they announce the pricing. Some times, this car may appear much better in real world, and there can be some wonders in pricing as well. Who knows!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd March 2020 at 10:16.
romeomidhun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 10:04   #137
BHPian

Somehow, I do not like the looks of this new gen Creta. That big chrome outlined front grille and those relatively tiny looking headlights. Rear portion seems to be even more busy and that upward kink in the rear doors before curving down towards the boot reminds of Hyundai's Aura. The first gen Creta looked the best according to me. But with these wide spread of features, this will anyways sell definitely!
vshankarhere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:26   #138
BHPian

I think quirky is the new cool. Timeless designs are sadly a thing of the past. I am sure a lot of people will dig into this design yet for me personally, I dislike it. Seltos is a better looking car of the two atleast. I would rather stretch a little and get the Compass.
TejasV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:38   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In these pictures, the new Creta looks as bad as ever. Enough has been said about the poor design choice so will not mention that any more. Classic understated designs seem to have gone out of design portfolios permanently. The funny thing is, that this car will probably outsell its earlier iterations given that it has a boatload of what Indian consumers are most fascinated by, i.e. features. Whether those features will ever see any real life use or not, the more the features, the better the car is perceived to be.

Hope it looks better in the flesh that it does in the pictures.
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:51   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
2020 Hyundai Creta Features List revealed

The soon-to-be-launched Hyundai Creta will be available in five trim levels – E, EX, S, SX and SX(O) – and five powertrain options, adding up to 14 variants in total.

Expect prices for the upcoming Hyundai to be in the Rs 10-16 lakh range (estimated, ex-showroom).

Source
Thanks CarguyNish for sharing the variant by variant feature list. The prices I doubt will be limited to 16 L. With the additional features over the Seltos plus the advantage of being the market leader in the segment for a while now, I would not be surprised if they position the Creta top end auto petrol's at a premium of 1 L at least. The GTX+ DCT of the Seltos currently retails at 17.29 l.
Or I could be wrong and Hyundai could undercut Kia at least with the introductory pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And, unlike the Seltos, a customer doesn't have to deal with the DCT to opt for the top-end variant.

But, with features like panoramic sunroof, electric parking brake and paddle shifters over the Seltos top end - along with the established 'Creta' brand name, I'm expecting Hyundai to charge a fat premium over the Seltos!
I quite agree with you. Quoted CarguyNish above.
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:49   #141
Senior - BHPian

Revealed! The all new Creta interiors. You can book yours for Rs 25000 starting today, on the Hyundai India website or dealerships.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-h1.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-h2.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:55   #142
BHPian

The all-new Creta official video:-

drhoneycake is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:58   #143
BHPian

Along with the exterior, the interiors also doesn't cut it for me. My Creta has gone for its 70,000 km service today and I am better off retaining the same car for another couple of years. I prefer to drive rather than fidget with features. The features could however translate into decent sales due to the younger generation. Let's see.
thesilentone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:02   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Revealed! The all new Creta interiors. You can book yours for Rs 25000 starting today, on the Hyundai India website or dealerships.
Looks much cleaner and better than the chunkier slab of infotainment system and the instrument cluster of the seltos. The all digital instrument cluster will superb to look at. And this comes in with a lot of improved and better features.
For me, the deal breaker is the combi of the 1.4 turbo petrol with the drive modes and paddle shifters. This will make it a more fun to drive car on the highways..

The new model is now listed in the hyundai india website.
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:13   #145
BHPian

Could the experts kindly let me know if Hyundai has provided 3 pointed seatbelts for the middle passenger at the rear? I don't see it mounted on the top of seat back. Could it be from the roof? Like the one on Tucson? Currently, only the Tucson comes with proper 3 pointed seat belts for all passengers in the Hyundai stable. Really disappointed to see this basic safety feature omitted time and again. I really wish to be proven wrong.
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:24   #146
BHPian

The new CRETA is updated in Hyundai India site now with limited information.

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/find-a...-AlwaysOn-2020
skumar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:35   #147
Senior - BHPian

Paddle shifter+ Panoroof vs HUD+Air purifier. That's what Creta vs Seltos top spec war will be all about. I will go with former anyday. The Creta looks taller and to me will have better road presence.

Rear headrests look different than any other car out there, are they add on pillows?
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 16:45   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Paddle shifter+ Panoroof vs HUD+Air purifier. That's what Creta vs Seltos top spec war will be all about. I will go with former anyday. The Creta looks taller and to me will have better road presence.

Rear headrests look different than any other car out there, are they add on pillows?
New creta is coming with an Air purifier so the spec war would be Paddle shifter+ Panoroof + Air purifier vs HUD+360 view camera + blind spot mirror
I guess the 360 view camera and blind spot mirror would have been a better feature in place of the planned puddle lamps
The unofficial brochure does have a mention of rear headrest pillows.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:03   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
[b]Rear headrests look different than any other car out there, are they add on pillows?
If you look closer you can see the edge of the original headrest under the pillow, so yes they do appear to be add-ons. I personally prefer that they'd go the add-on route because if you're too tall or short you will not find them very comfortable.
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:05   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
New creta is coming with an Air purifier so the spec war would be Paddle shifter+ Panoroof + Air purifier vs HUD+360 view camera + blind spot mirror
I guess the 360 view camera and blind spot mirror would have been a better feature in place of the planned puddle lamps
The unofficial brochure does have a mention of rear headrest pillows.
There are aftermarket 360 degree cameras available and that can possibly be added onto a Creta as well. And in future Hyundai might offer it as an official accessory as well. So in the spec war, I look at Creta as the winner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks