Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:11   #151
BANNED

re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Am I seeing a digital display on the armrest?

The location chosen for the digital display (mini) for the rear AC controls on the armrest is surprising and puzzling. Couldn't it be integrated elsewhere on the central console?!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:19   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Revealed! The all new Creta interiors. You can book yours for Rs 25000 starting today, on the Hyundai India website or dealerships.
First impressions look like the interiors looks much more premium than before and Hyundai is trying to use this to set it apart from the competition including the Seltos.

However cannot confirm this unless we have a look at the interiors in real life.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:26   #153
BHPian

Interiors have a neutral and inoffensive design but lacks the flair of the one on the Chinese spec model.
Audi-inspired steering, gear lever look good and the fancy speedometer does spice things up. I do like the colour scheme which looks tasteful and smart.
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:27   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

The location chosen for the digital display (mini) for the rear AC controls on the armrest is surprising and puzzling. Couldn't it be integrated elsewhere on the central console?!
They should have kept the purifier display unit above the central infotainment unit with the purifier hardware unit in the existing place for maximum effect. I hope the armrest would be adjustable unlike the Seltos.
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:28   #155
BHPian

Seriously very happy with the new Hyundai Creta. Love the exterior and interior design.

Keen to test drive it, when it comes out to see if the performance and handling is as great as the interior and exterior design. Seltos and Creta will now have a stranglehold on this segment.

This is the first Hyundai, that I would consider buying for myself.

Though it pains me to say this as a long-time Honda fanatic,

Looking at the design, quality, features and performance of today's Hyundais, I consider it to be a more premium brand than Honda in India.

Just look at how bland and inoffensive the all new City is compared to this Creta!

Last edited by Redline6800 : 2nd March 2020 at 18:30.
Redline6800 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:46   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
There are aftermarket 360 degree cameras available and that can possibly be added onto a Creta as well. And in future Hyundai might offer it as an official accessory as well. So in the spec war, I look at Creta as the winner.
Absolutely with you sir on this..!! Even though KIA came in with a good product, but somehow I was not able to make up my mind to replace my ageing i20 with a relatively new brand to the Indian market even though they are sister companies. And to add to that that very odd looking slab of plastic as the center console and the rear seat comfort got me more dis-interested.

Have been a happy & loyal hyundai customer since 2007 and have used Santro , i10 and my current i20 as the daily drives of the family and they all have served well.
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:06   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Revealed! The all new Creta interiors. You can book yours for Rs 25000 starting today, on the Hyundai India website or dealerships.
Is the new generation missing the rear middle headrest? The Seltos has it mid variant onwards and the outgoing Creta too has it in higher variant supposedly. The rear middle seat looks less protruding than the Seltos in this pic and a headrest here would have actually been useful (if not available in this generation).
Old 2nd March 2020, 23:39   #158
BHPian

Hyundai on its website mentions the new Creta to be coming with a 17.78 inch (7 cm) digital instrument cluster, but the image of the interiors that has been released shows a much bigger screen if you zoom in near the steering to see the MID.

I mean that is definitely not 7 inches in the picture, anyone who has seen a Kia Seltos will know the size of that 7 inch MID.

We will have to wait for the official unveil and see the interior properly to make sure.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 03:34   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
Hyundai on its website mentions the new Creta to be coming with a 17.78 inch (7 cm) digital instrument cluster, but the image of the interiors that has been released shows a much bigger screen if you zoom in near the steering to see the MID.
Yes, But if you see the video advertisement, it is clearly visible that the Digital screen is not on the center but on each side of the Instrument Cluster. In the center it looks like a regular Speedometer.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd March 2020 at 03:59. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 3rd March 2020, 05:22   #160
Senior - BHPian

Creta: tagline “the ultimate SUV”

Endeavour, Fortuner, Alturas: now, come on! Do we look like a joke to you, Braah?

Honestly, Hyundai has gone away from Fluidic design to boxy design - it all started with the Venue. This thing with headlights moving to the bumper is becoming a menace all over. Harrier, Hector started & the cult is following across. Now, Hyundai has taken a step further and have placed the tail lights also further down from the conventional place.

To me, 1st gen Creta is the best looking car in Hyundai’s stable after Tucson! I know this car is feature loaded but it’s losing the essence of its name - IMHO!

Regards

RV
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 06:05   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Creta: tagline “the ultimate SUV”

Endeavour, Fortuner, Alturas: now, come on! Do we look like a joke to you, Braah?
Ha! This is very true indeed. Models like the Creta are called "the ultimate SUV" and the Seltos "badass by design" have funny tag lines. I could not have predicted that the ultimate SUV would be a front wheel drive hatch on stilts. Nor that it is badass to drive a FWD hatch on stilts.

I understand that manufacturers are trying to sell a dream, and not the actual product, but at least in the old days the dream was rooted in reality to some degree
imranstael is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 06:16   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
The all-new Creta official video:-
The star of the TVC for me is these paddle shifters! If I am not mistaken no other SUV in this class has them.

Name:  paddle_shift.png
Views: 5715
Size:  240.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Can this be the display for the purifier that we see in the top end Seltos?

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 3rd March 2020 at 06:19.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 09:11   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitMahendru View Post
Yes, But if you see the video advertisement, it is clearly visible that the Digital screen is not on the center but on each side of the Instrument Cluster. In the center it looks like a regular Speedometer.
No, the digital cluster is at the center of the console. There are two dials at the two ends.
I am attaching images as well.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-h22.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-screenshot_20200303090555819_com.android.chrome2.jpg  

Vedant Gupta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:55   #164
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely loved the interiors. Contemporary yet not overly funky. Amazing to see how far Hyundai has come in design and premium-ness factor. The overall look and design could easily have been in a german and we would have applauded it.
Old 3rd March 2020, 13:05   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Can this be the display for the purifier that we see in the top end Seltos?
Could be possible. Hope the armrest extends ahead and not a fixed one.

I still feel they could have integrated it better and place that screen elsewhere.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks