Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2020, 20:01   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Is Hyundai trying to push customers towards Seltos? Looks that way to me. External looks are soo boring. Taillights are at a height where sedans have theirs. Front end is weird, too. Overall very droopy. Also, very curvy as opposed to Seltos' boxy angular SUV looks. Naaah! My pick would be Seltos. The only positive is pano-roof. But, I am sure Seltos will have it soon, too, tilting the scales once again in favour of Seltos.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 20:15   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
But, I am sure Seltos will have it soon, too, tilting the scales once again in favour of Seltos.
My understanding of how this game is being played - Hyundai will own the exclusive features (the three big ones) such as Panoramic Sunroof, Electronic Parking Brake & Paddle Shifters until the Seltos Facelift which should be in 2.5 years from now. Until then, whoever wants these features will have to go for he Creta.
Old 6th March 2020, 21:57   #228
BHPian

With so many features, they should have offered lumbar adjustment for driver's seat.
Old 6th March 2020, 22:11   #229

Interesting side by side comparison of the 2020 Creta and Venue.
Lil Mozart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 22:49   #230
BHPian

Creta has three strong + points against the Seltos are panoramic roof, paddle shifters, E-break. The extra it offers are cooled glove box, puddle lamps, voice commands.

What it misses out against Seltos are-
360° camera, blind spot monitor, front parking sensors, heads up display, door ambient lighting, 3rd middle headrest, LED front turn signals and 3 cube led foglamps.

As a driver I find the parking and driving assistance more important. (Seltos)
As a driver in different mood would make me wanna use paddle shifters. (Creta)
As a passenger would love to have a paranomic sunroof. (Creta)
As an owner I would like to have a beautiful car (Seltos)

Seltos has the sophistication to its looks whereas the Creta seems pretty strange. Wouldn't really prefer to enter the valet parking service in a 5 star hotel. I don't know what were the designers thinking while making this car?

The ix25 interior should have remained and should have changed its exterior. Hyundai just did the opposite.

I personally love the Hyundai Sonata, Venue, Nios i10 design language. This looks like a grown up Venue but has a very Aura look to it from the rear. If this car never had the Creta name it might have failed in our market.

I'm sure this car will be successful and won't be a miserable seller. 1st of all it's Hyundai (loyal customers), 2ndly it's named Creta (huge fanbase), 3rdly it has the Indian craze sunroof which will soil the interiors.

A small sunroof in my seltos already made my white seats - grey and had to thoroughly get it cleaned. Learnt my lesson and I rarely open the roof. Not sure about panoramic. But its definently a beautiful view.

I'm sure these two cars will create a big buzz in the market and be head to head as they share the same platform, engines and transmissions.

The infotainment system seems to be the same in Hyundai and Kia cars, it's just the color scheme that is different. Hyundai marketing team has the talent. Referring to the elephant and car rigidity test, adding 1% extra high strength steel.

I kinda regret taking the Seltos at times, I could have easily taken a Civic. So many cars, different technologies, pricing, create mixed feelings within buyers.
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 23:29   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

The all-new 2020 Hyundai Creta in Phantom Black - 1.4L Turbo petrol SX DCT variant - arrives at a Kerala dealership.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-1.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-2.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-3.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-4.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-7.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-6.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-5.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-8.jpg

Thanks to Mubeen for the pics.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 23:38   #232
BHPian

How has Hyundai managed to make such an important car so damn ugly, especially when its cousin, the Seltos, looks smashing from any and every angle possible?

Creases, lines, cuts, swoops, curves, grills, LEDs, chrome, fake diffusers - no design element has been left out and this has resulted in the Creta being the epitome of having design for design's sake. It looks crass & totally tasteless as the design elements just don't work together at all!
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 23:56   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The all-new 2020 Hyundai Creta in Phantom Black - 1.4L Turbo petrol SX DCT variant - arrives at a Kerala dealership.

Thanks to Mubeen for the pics.
This one has the electronic parking brake and the 7 inch digital instrument cluster but not the dual tone diamond cut alloys.

So do these features come in the SX variant itself for the DCT? Then what would be the exclusive featured if the SX(O) I wonder other than wheels.
Old 7th March 2020, 01:42   #234
Senior - BHPian

Spent a good 12-15 minutes looking at all the photos posted earlier. Scrolled up and down again to see if I really like exterior of the car, but my brain is just not able to process its looks and arrive at a decision. I would probably wait for VW's SUV with its cleaner lines. The dash too looked boring compared to Seltos. AC dials and the blank area around looks rudimentary.

Good to see Hyundai offering turbo petrols in most of their cars. Honda should really learn from Hyundai, they are on the verge of losing market share yet again just like they delayed bringing in diesels 10 years ago. Maruti Suzuki too might not be able to crack the premium SUV segment, the petrol S-Cross has lost the battle already in my opinion.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 01:45   #235
Senior - BHPian

The AC vents design is terrible.

Also the Silver panel C pillar on the black car makes it look like the owner couldn't source a matching black panel after a crash so had to settle with a silver panel. The jugaad owners of Balenos and Esteems used to do that mix and match thing in the past.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 7th March 2020 at 01:49.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 02:34   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thank you for showing the last image. Clears my doubt about the presence of lap belt. Hyundai has shamelessly given the Indian buyers lap belt yet again.

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th March 2020 at 20:39. Reason: Quoted post trimmed
aveoman19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 07:20   #237
BHPian

If my memory serves me right, Hyundai hasn’t invited media/press to the factory before a car launch. Either Hyundai isn’t confident with the new Creta, where they would require the initial push from media or they have planned to do this for all forthcoming launches. Apart from these, I don’t find a logical reason in doing so suddenly. Time will answer, as far as car is concerned, being a Hyundai fan I am searching for reasons to like the rear.
Old 7th March 2020, 07:23   #238
BHPian

I absolutely loathe the exterior design of this new Creta. The ONLY feature I like over the competition is the presence of paddle shifters. They enhance the feel of driving an AT. I hope KIA gives Seltos these paddle shifters at some stage this year.
Old 7th March 2020, 08:14   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Creta has three strong + points against the Seltos are panoramic roof, paddle shifters, E-break. The extra it offers are cooled glove box, puddle lamps, voice commands.
Does any of the Seltos Petrol AT/DCT variants come with six airbags? From the KIA website it does not appear so, but would like to confirm.
Old 7th March 2020, 08:39   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Does any of the Seltos Petrol AT/DCT variants come with six airbags? From the KIA website it does not appear so, but would like to confirm.
I own the GTX+ DCT and it has 6 airbags. It's the GTX and GTX+ that have 6 airbags. (Manual/Auto)
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks