Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th March 2020, 19:50   #421
BHPian

Default Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
The E does not have any audio system at all this is unexpected when the likes of Seltos HTE even gets one. Now if someone does buy the Creta E how will he fit speakers/system to the car. If you go thru OEM it will probably cost 40-60K and 3rd party means kissing your electrical warranty bye bye. The same is the case for the base Harrier this is very bad in a musical world like ours.
People have always installed audio systems from outside when it doesn't come installed in the car, there will certainly be no problem with the warranty.

You can get one with Android Auto and Apple Car Play along with speakers which are better than non Bose branded OEM ones for around 35k and certainly better than Bose sounding ones for under 50k.

Also in my experience a lot of members in this community fear voiding warranty and avoid a lot of things, in my experience those are merely guidelines and i have never had any issue with warranty in my life.
I installed 205 50 r16 tyres in my City (OEM is 175 r15) i then had an issue with the brake discs which could have been related to my alloys but they replaced the discs free of cost not once but twice.

I also had aftermarket audio system, amplifier and horn as well, no one at Honda ever bothered me for it.

Also i have after market HIDs, DRL and foglamps in my Creta, the wiring work in DRLs is not something i can boast about, spliced wires and all yet had no issue with warranty claims when one of the switches conked off. Not that i have my contacts in service centers or anything, i know people who get aftermarket sometimes very lousy accessories installed very next day, especially in super popular models like Creta for which there is a ton of accessories available, no one ever had their void warranty for that.

P.S: i'am not planning to buy a Creta anytime soon but i believe variants like E are extreme value for money, earlier they used to have i20's 1.4 unit but now they have the same one as the 6+ lakhs more expensive SX (o), the already popular lower variants sure are much more tempting than before, just today i was discussing with my dad to get the new Creta E Diesel as our third car or something.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 16th March 2020 at 20:08.
Rocketscience is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 19:57   #422
BHPian

Default Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
I find the SX IVT overpriced.
The SX manual is priced at ₹13.46 lakhs and the SX IVT is priced at ₹14.94 lakhs, a difference of ₹1.48 lakhs.

The SX IVT only has these features above the SX manual

1) IVT system...ofcourse
2) Electronic parking brake
3) Air purifier
4) Drive mode select
5) Traction control modes (not going to be useful for most people in India)
6) Paddle shifters

How do these features justify a premium of ₹1.50 lakhs?

Difference between Brezza MT & AT (4 speed TC) is 1.4 lacs with just the SHVS additional

Now see the price difference in Creta, it would seem reasonable for the additional equipment

That aside, premium for CVT + Paddles with those additional equipment seems normal.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 16th March 2020 at 20:10.
Karthik Chandra is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 20:45   #423
BHPian

Detailed Price comparison between Seltos and Creta

Except for few variants, the Seltos is the cheaper of the two. SX Automatic is more loaded than HTK+ Automatic, so the difference is big. Seltos HTX+ isnt available in IVT hence the Creta SX(O) IVT is more expensive

Name:  IMG20200316WA0010.jpg
Views: 8077
Size:  73.1 KB

Source - WhatsApp
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 21:12   #424
BHPian

Anyone has the Mumbai on-road price list?

Any views on the maintenance required for a panoramic sunroof, the problems associated with a sunroof, etc? (This is a concern for me, Mumbai rains are really bad, although I have a covered parking space luckily)

I am pretty much sold on the Creta SX manual, will get a test drive as soon as possible.
Old 16th March 2020, 22:10   #425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Creta launched,

Will start at a price point of 9.99 lakh.

All-new Creta also comes with Hyundai's new optional Wonder Warranty plan - three years/1 lakh kilometres, four years/50,000km and five years/40,000km, all of which have a roadside assistance package bundled in for the same duration.

Attachment 1980557
Surprised to see this pricing. I think there was a chance for Hyundai to again become a class leader in this category. I am personally very disappointed to see this pricing.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th March 2020 at 22:33. Reason: Please avoid typing... like... this... Thanks!
drkuldeep1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 02:09   #426
Senior - BHPian

I don't like this price gouging by limiting automatics to the highest variants. They should offer a few low variants with the AT.

If Baleno and the Innova can offer ATs in lower variants, so can Creta.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 09:31   #427
BHPian

I am kind of disappointed and worried at the same time when I look at the pricing of cars these days. Find them way too overpriced, but the sales prove me wrong.

A Creta (does not matter which variant) should not cost more than 15-16L on road, the Seltos/Harrier/Hector not more than 20-22L.

With the prices of these cars, even if I double the budget that I had when I bought a Baleno in 2015, I still cant even touch the ex-showroom price of the ATs of Creta.

No wonder people end up buying a Maruti irrespective of its shortcomings.
puneetakhouri is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 10:44   #428

I visited the Hyundai store in Pune to check out the new Creta. For some reason I felt its smaller than Seltos. Just to confirm I visited the Kia delaership nearby and it actually felt larger than the Creta although with some features less. Going by the literature, Creta indeed is smaller both legth and width wise.
VixY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 11:04   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Detailed Price comparison between Seltos and Creta

Except for few variants, the Seltos is the cheaper of the two. SX Automatic is more loaded than HTK+ Automatic, so the difference is big. Seltos HTX+ isnt available in IVT hence the Creta SX(O) IVT is more expensive

Attachment 1980645

Source - WhatsApp
Thanks for the nice compilation but it is not an apple to apple comparison in all cases. Per my understanding the HTX+ variant of the Seltos comes with 2 airbags while the SX(O) would come with 6 airbags. Hence we cannot straight away say that the Seltos is cheaper variant to variant.
They have created enough confusion in the minds of the buyers. I booked a 1.4 SX(O) last week after looking at the SX(O) IVT variant in the showroom. Now when I saw the alloys on the top variant I think it kind of dampens how the Turbo variant looks like.
Old 17th March 2020, 11:12   #430

If I would be in the market today, I would pick the Creta over Seltos just for the panoramic sunroof and paddle shifters.

Maybe it is just me but I would rather focus more on interiors where I am gonna spent most of my time rather than the exterior design which is not as bad as it seems.
sachin2612 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 11:25   #431
BHPian

Hmm, I'm getting tempted to buy this car(AT+Pano Sunroof+Diesel version) provided it is considerably more spacious than the outgoing Creta. Guys, how good has been Hyundai on these fronts:

1. Solidity - I will keep the car for at least 8-10 years and I do not want a car that feels like a tin box. I would like the car to be solid, strongly built and the cabin totally insulated, as the car will see quite a lot of bad roads and no roads in the forests and in the hills.

2. Part replacements - I know Hyundai's are fairly reliable, but I'm also aware Hyundai's require frequent part replacements. Has Hyundai improved on it? I hate frequent service center visits.

3. Costly repairs - Again, how is Hyundai doing now? Frequent part replacements + Fleecing attitude = Heart ache for the customers.

4. Paint quality - Hyundai cars are known for poor paint jobs. Any improvements off-late?

Somehow I feel, Seltos is going to take a huge beating after Creta's launch.

Not good days ahead for Kia. Have to say though that the carnival was a fantastic launch to build the brand, the car looks quite majestic, but still it isn't going to be easy for Kia, in fact it going to be very tough coming years for Kia. Indian car buyers are brutal in not giving a chance to the rookies if there is a worthy contender from an established brand. With Maruti and Hyundai in the lower end and Toyota, Skoda and VW in the higher end, Kia doesn't really have a space to fit in, let's see.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 17th March 2020 at 11:27.
CliffHanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 11:40   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Hmm, I'm getting tempted to buy this car(AT+Pano Sunroof+Diesel version) provided it is considerably more spacious than the outgoing Creta. Guys, how good has been Hyundai on these fronts:

1. Solidity - I will keep the car for at least 8-10 years and I do not want a car that feels like a tin box. I would like the car to be solid, strongly built and the cabin totally insulated, as the car will see quite a lot of bad roads and no roads in the forests and in the hills.

2. Part replacements - I know Hyundai's are fairly reliable, but I'm also aware Hyundai's require frequent part replacements. Has Hyundai improved on it? I hate frequent service center visits.

3. Costly repairs - Again, how is Hyundai doing now? Frequent part replacements + Fleecing attitude = Heart ache for the customers.

4. Paint quality - Hyundai cars are known for poor paint jobs. Any improvements off-late?
I own a 2019 SX Petrol MT Creta. Below are my observations

1. Build is definitely better than a Maruti but no where near a Compass or a VW. Creta is not particularly meant for forests and no-roads usage. You can take the vehicle there but will be stressful for passengers and the car.

2. After owning couple of Hyundais in last 15 years i found the cars to be very reliable and they never require any frequent part replacement unless you badly abuse a car.

3. Repairs are costly in Hyundai ASS and not so if you could find a FNG. Though ASS should be preferred for complex repairs and FNGs for routine jobs.

4. Paint quality on my White Creta is flawless. I find it one of the best in this segment.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 11:45   #433
BHPian

OTR Price list of Creta 2020 in Bengaluru attached.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img20200317wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by carenthusiast : 17th March 2020 at 11:46.
Old 17th March 2020, 11:50   #434
BHPian

Quote:

As a Creta owner i think i can answer this.

1- No problem with the built of the car, there are no squeaks and rattles, annoying panel gaps or anything, doors have a certain amount of heft to them, it is no Skoda or VW in build but it is certainly considerably better than Tin Can Marutis and Hondas. It will last you without problems.

2- No such problem at all, in my experience no modern car requires frequent part replacements, Hyundai is no different, it is among the more reliable brands but i did face an issue with the Brake of the car, this most probably can be attributed to the faulty disc brakes or lower quality discs used, my car shakes violently when braking.
My original disc developed this problem and since then Hyundai replaced it with repaired ones twice, it is running on its 3rd repaired disc and the problem is still very much there.
I will buy a new disc at my cost and hopefully the problem will vanish, i don't see a lot of Creta owners complaining so maybe this is an one off incident which might resolve after i change it with a new (not repaired) disc.
Bottomline is mechanically and especially with Engine and costly repair items you would only need routine service and nothing else.

3- Mixed feelings, service cost is on par with the competition, it is not very expensive but your mileage will greatly vary and my experience with Dee Emm Hyundai in Gurgaon was terrible, they tried to add all sorts of unnecessary things things and just the extras they wanted to do with the service amounted to 9000, so Hyundai is not immune to greedy dealers who would go to any length to extort money from you.

The advisor then even called me and asked me to overhaul my clutch since it is tight according to him, a approximately 20,000 rupees job, in a car which has run just 47,000 KMs and the clutch might be hardly 10% more tight than it was when new. I consider this act by them daylight robbery.
I never had such experience with Hans Hyundai and even here i just got the required things changed and the bill was reasonable, so in theory you can get good service and experience but then again there are dealers like Dee Emm as well.

Parts are on the more expensive side, i recently enquired about the brake discs and brake pads cost, it is around 2x more than Honda City's and even more expensive than my Cruze which had a bigger and arguably much better quality brake discs and pads.

4- Paint quality is ordinary, i don't think it is any better than Marutis and Hondas and is nowhere in the same league as VW or Jeep which have a much more premium feel. From the pictures it looks like they have improved with the new Creta, the official review will confirm this.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 17th March 2020 at 12:11.
Rocketscience is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 12:21   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm getting tempted to buy this car (AT+Pano Sunroof+Diesel version)
One of the best Diesel engine + transmission (TC) combination IMHO from the whole line-up. Had my car not been relatively new, I would have bought the same variant too.

Here's my take on the below points (I own an October 2017, 1.6L CRDi SX(O) variant that has done 75,300 kms).

Quote:
1. Solidity
Neither are the panels VW/Skoda good nor are flimsy. I'll say 50:50. In all these kilometres that my car has clocked, other than a rattle from parcel tray, the car is silent. And insulation is excellent in the stock form itself, I mean it.

Quote:
2. Part replacements
Yet to have any issue on my car except for an RHS front strut that was leaking and a premature battery cell failure. Both the items were replaced immediately under warranty.

Quote:
3. Costly repairs
Yes, Hyundai ASC's do fleece customers, I accept it but if one is attentive and checks everything mentioned in the job card while handing it for service is really required or not, then the bill will never touch 5 digits.

Quote:
4. Paint quality
Decent enough. Nothing to boast about but I haven't faced any issue. Yes, the forum has a thread running on paint surface chipping off on white cars (Creta, i20) but looked like it was a particular batch of paint which had an issue.
a4anurag is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed