Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2020, 18:41   #451
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
The paddle shifters, the drive mode select and the traction control modes are all standard only on the Petrol IVT & DCT according to the brochure. These are not available on the Diesel.
Paddles are available in all fuel options. Below is the screen shot from brochure which is attached for reference.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-creta.jpg

[ATTACH=creta-suv-brochure.pdf]1980878[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf creta-suv-brochure.pdf (1.24 MB, 554 views)
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 18:42   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Was comparing E and Ex variant in diesel on carwale app.
The only additions in EX are -
Sunglass holder
Touchscreen system and speakers etc.

Price difference between both is 1,50,000. Considering this E is a much better option than EX. You can easily get an excellent Android unit and speakers etc for 30-40k from outside. EX is quite overpriced in this case.

EX variant seems overpriced.
(Sounds even more overpriced, when onroad price comes into the picture)

Talking about Bangalore Onroad prices :
E diesel : 12.18L
EX diesel : 14.48L

(I know, the tax slab will be higher for cars above 10L ex-showroom compared to sub 10L cars.)

But still, 2.3L additional cost for EX, just for the good sound system, speakers, steering mounted controls doesn't do the justice for the price paid. (The E makes more sense here)

Last edited by DLC5005 : 17th March 2020 at 18:44. Reason: Typo
Old 17th March 2020, 19:43   #453
Senior - BHPian

Price comparison between Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos

Earlier this week, Hyundai launched the Creta with prices starting from Rs. 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-creta-seltos-price-comparo.jpg

The base variant of the Creta with a 1.5-litre petrol engine is priced Rs. 10,000 more than the equivalent Seltos variant, while the top variant with the same engine is Rs. 37,000 more expensive. The automatic variants of the Creta are also more expensive.

Like the Seltos, the Creta is also offered with a 1.4-litre tubro petrol engine. It comes in two variants, both of which are cheaper than the equivalent Seltos variants.

The base diesel variant of the Creta is cheaper than the equivalent Seltos variant by Rs. 35,000, while the top-end variant is Rs. 45,000 more than the equivalent variant of the Seltos. Creta's diesel automatic variants are cheaper than Seltos' diesel automatic variants.

Link to Team-BHP News
ChiragM is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 19:51   #454
BHPian

This car has been launched in such a time where people are not willing to leave their houses and visit a showroom.
momsonlydriver is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 20:25   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Paddles are available in all fuel options. Below is the screen shot from brochure which is attached for reference.

Attachment 1980877

[ATTACH=creta-suv-brochure.pdf]1980878[/ATTACH]
This seems in contradiction to what is posted on the Hyundai site

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-capture1.png

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 25880
Size:  4.9 KB

Could somebody please clarify
alen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 20:30   #456
BHPian

What is the kerb weight? Couldn't find the info from the brochure.
Old 17th March 2020, 22:27   #457

Hopefully as per marketing terms, this wont be cannibalization of cannibalization product. Seltos was supposed to eat into Creta, but now Creta might eat into Seltos.
Hyundai will be one big happy client this year
kanna1808 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 23:42   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
What is the kerb weight? Couldn't find the info from the brochure.
For some reasons, best known to them, Hyundai has stopped giving out vehicle weights for past few years. In my opinion, mentioning weights is going to help their cause as they are competing against featherlight Marutis.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 01:56   #459
Senior - BHPian

As is now customary, Hyundai delivers the first Creta to its brand ambassador.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-89824143_1420556781463942_3330324328582479872_n.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-90198331_1420557331463887_313155316910915584_n.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-89929677_1420557041463916_8999152629216968704_n.jpg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 09:06   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alen View Post
This seems in contradiction to what is posted on the Hyundai site
Could somebody please clarify
I saw it on the official website you can have a look. It is represented exactly as it is in the image that alen posted. The asterisk are meant to be Petrol only!
Old 18th March 2020, 10:14   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

I was invited as a Special Guest for the unveiling & launch of the all-new 2020 Hyundai Creta at the local Shivnath Hyundai dealership yesterday evening.

The car under the covers and behind the ribbon was an SX diesel in Phantom Black (to be delivered later today to a customer).

My impressions as a previous Creta owner, and some observations in comparison to the other SUVs I have owned (XUV500, Nexon & EcoSport):

1) The car sits a wee bit lower than the earlier-gen Creta. The sloping roof towards the rear doesn't help things much, in terms of upright looks. A slight coupe-like styling inserted by Hyundai designers here, which doesn't suit a compact SUV.

2) The new Creta has street presence from all sides - it will definitely stand out in a sea of cars. That is, until the roads are filled with 20,000 Cretas!

3) The front grille looks awfully outlandish. A more straighter or sleeker grille could have added some flair to the front. The newly designed Palisade-inspired headlamps with the ultra-bright DRLs look over-stylish. If only Hyundai did something about that grille!

4) The DRLs are super-bright. No chance of missing them from a mile away, even on a very bright summer day.

5) Contrary to the general opinion, I think the indicator sections on the lower part of the front bumper has pretty good visibility when seen from a distance. But yes, Hyundai should have used the DRL sections as a double for the side indicators.

6) From the side, the silver garnish extending from the A-pillar above the doors and tapering as the C-Pillar doesn't suit the car one bit. They should have been body-coloured, as a minimum.

7) Doors open wide enough and have sufficient space for healthy people to get into the car (both front and back). I felt that I had to bend down a slight bit to get into the driver's seat - unlike the older-gen Creta where I just walked in!

8) ORVMs are India-friendly and turn the other side all the way. Don't worry about the bikers side-swiping them at any speeds - no breaking here!

9) The door fabric in the SX didn't feel like one you would expect in a 17-lakh-rupee car.

10) Front visibility is great from the driver's seat. All-round visibility is also good. A-pillars don't cause much obstruction and there's no evidence of a blind spot.

11) The steering wheel is good to hold and is about the right size for an SUV of this size. That said, I absolutely hated the silver extensions in the middle. They should have stuck to a simple T-shape for this flat-bottom design. Even a wing-design could have been better.

12) Steering-mounted buttons felt quite tactile and good. Will definitely last the distance.

13) The MID display in the center looked crisp. The speedo & RPM dials were normal, analog ones. Temperature gauge present.

14) The gear lever looked and felt premium. Slotted in nice and short too.

15) The central console is completely dominated by the 10-inch split touchscreen, which divides the display into 3 sections - Navigation, Audio Sources & Other functions. Touch response is excellent and the display is crisp. It juts out of the console quite significantly though - one might think it's an after-market HU!

16) Beneath the HU, the ACC section is a real eyesore. This doesn't suit a premium "feel" SUV like the Creta. Also, the console section here is considerably "behind" the HU section above it - which adds to the aftermarket "feel" of the HU above.

17) The glovebox space felt smaller than the previous-gen Creta. It does have cooled function.

18) Dashboard plastics feel sturdy and should be good to go. Ergonomics are spot-on.

19) The driver seat felt pretty good for a 6 footer like me. Adequate back support and side bolstering helped. Lumbar support is average.

20) The sunroof above me felt directly above my head - not a good sign. Same feeling I had when I had checked out the Venue at it's launch last year too. The difference in distance from head to roof fabric between both cars was maybe millimeters in comparison.

21) The panoramic sunroof definitely adds to the "WOW!" factor of the 2020 Creta. I hope the glass is thick enough to withstand any sort of external factors, specially hailstorms which are aplenty in my area. The cover for the sunroof didn't have a sturdy fabric - not impressed here.

22) Front fixed armrest felt functional. Ample storage spaces in the central console and all the door sections.

23) Rear seat has two-way recline adjustment, neither of which made me comfortable. Maybe shorter people will find more comfort. Plenty of leg & shoulder space for two occupants. A third, healthy passenger will be a squeeze. The rear seats were equipped with soft cushion-equipped headrests which supports the head and neck.

24) Pleasant surprise - separate lights are given inside the grab handle sections for the rear passengers, ala the XUV500! They are activated by a button beside them. Lights are bright enough for a rear passenger to avoid fumbling at night - also they serve as light guides in a panoramic-sunroof equipped car.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-20200317_174450.jpg

25) Vents are cool to look at, and also feel well built. The overall ambience of the car from the rear seat is excellent, except for the ACC section which is the only eyesore in the cabin.

26) The boot space seemed to be the same as the previous-gen Creta. Even the parcel tray seemed to be of the exact same size.

27) The spare was a full-sized steel wheel.

28) The car was shod with Apollos. Cost cutting?

29) The simple silver alloys seemed over-designed and not as cool as the diamond-cut ones.

30) The HMSL section should have been located as according to it's name - high-mounted! It looks completely outlandish between the tail-lamp sections. One of the main reasons why the boot lid design is such a turn off. Doesn't suit the "CRETA" badge inscribed across it.

31) I thought the tail-lamp sections looked really cool.

32) The rear bumper is awfully short. Beware of hits from the rear - could hit your wallet really hard!

33) Good of Hyundai to offer the spoiler which adds a bit of presence to the very busy rear.

34) Not sure why, but the car got awfully hot in the front. Maybe it was a combination of the black shade + continuous engine running + afternoon heat (it's 38 degrees here already!) + being covered under the drapes.

35) The unmistakable faint diesel clatter could be heard from outside when the engine was idling. Nothing inside the cabin. NVH levels are once again, outstanding. Typical Hyundai.

36) Overall, the Creta in Black is a looker from the outside. If only they had done something about the front grille and the rear HMS...wait...should we call it MMSL (Mid/Middle Mounted Stop Lamp) now?

37) And, the pricing. Keeping aside the EX petrol & E diesel at 9.99L, I feel that every other Creta variant is steeply priced. Considering that the SX(O) MT diesel is pegged at 18.40L OTR(!), I looked back at the Creta one final time before leaving, and I thought - "Nah!".

But that's me.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-20200317_181454.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th March 2020 at 10:32. Reason: Minor edits.
RavenAvi is offline   (73) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 11:25   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Could owners of the diesels and petrols(both manual and automatic) let me know what the mileage received is both in city and highway conditions?

Maddy
I drive a 2015 1.6 diesel Manual. Here's the average that I get:
City (b2b traffic) - 13 to 14kmpl
Highway - 17 to 18kmpl. Managed to get 22kmpl during my first drive to Bangalore.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 12:29   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Could owners of the diesels and petrols(both manual and automatic) let me know what the mileage received is both in city and highway conditions?

Maddy

I have a petrol automatic.

City - 7-8 km/l

Highway- 10-12 km/l
aman-bh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 13:19   #464
BHPian

I'm shocked to see the prices for all the other variants except the E and EX variants. Most of the features won't be used in a daily basis and the on road prices are 18-21L for a loaded variant which I feel the prices are very expensive for a small SUV.
It makes more sense to go for Harrier/Hexa/XUV 500 or a base Innova crysta at this price point. I'm still sure that people will still go in herds to go get the Creta.

S looks like a VFM(still expensive at 16-17L) variant in the entire Creta lineup and an automatic variant should have been launched in this variant.

High time that people realize that car brands are taking us for a ride and making cars more unaffordable as the years pass by.
jithin23 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 13:29   #465
BHPian

I’m not a fan of split headlamps design but surely it will divide opinions.

I have a newbie question.

How this design will withstand front small impacts in day to day life ? Say, a sudden braking from vehicle in front. Generally, in other regular cars, the impacts will be mostly absorbed by front bumper which is relatively lesser costly in repair / replacement. How this design will flair in those situations ?
Sachin V.W. is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks