Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2020, 21:55   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Creta beats Kia Seltos in May-29 dispatches. Turbo petrol variant fails to click with the masses.

Top 5 in May-20

Attachment 2012695

Link
So it's clear that Hyundai is not able to replicate Venue TGDI magic with creta. The 1.5 mill offers reasonable performance and 1.4 turbo is missing the value quotient.
Old 2nd June 2020, 05:53   #587
BHPian

I test drove the New creta yday and here are my observations in comparison to Seltos.

Even though on papers it's smaller than Seltos, Creta looks bigger outside and inside, plus rear seats are more comfy.
I personally loved the exterior shape and design, more so the car from rear view. It will blow you away when you enter inside. Steering wheel, panoramic sunroof and center gearbox console are very classy and with all the lights on during night looks very premium.

1.4 turbo with DCT was fast and post 4k RPMs sounded like sports car. Above SX variants, car had all 4 disc brakes and it was scary to apply brakes (in a good way).

Test drives weren't available for diesel MT or AT variants yet , the engine options that I was interested in. However I sat in diesel MT display car and the clutch felt light with very short travel distance. Gear throws were short and precise. Diesel MT shd be very easy to drive in city condition.

Bose music system with 8 speakers and sub woofer sounded very ordinary, nothing that will blow your hair away. Was expecting higher when they said Bose, 8 speakers, meh!

Diesel MT base variant is actually well loaded for 12.3 lakhs OTR and SXO diesel AT was 21.52. I feel new Creta will lure back Seltos customers.
anandkumargb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 10:22   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar review of the Creta Diesel is out:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-417468

Highlights:
  • The Creta Diesel manual does 0-100 in 11.75 seconds.
  • In Gear Acceleration times: 9.77sec from 20-80kph in third, 11.44sec from 40-100kph in fourth
  • Good low end pick-up and very less turbo-lag. Pulls nicely from as low as 1200 rpm; However no surge at higher revs - liner power build-up.
  • Clutch and Gearshift action "incredibly" smooth and light
  • Lifeless steering and lots of body roll - Seltos is better for the keen driver

Looking forward to the team-bhp review soon.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 2nd June 2020 at 10:32.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 18:34   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Creta beats Kia Seltos in May-20 dispatches. Turbo petrol variant fails to click with the masses.

Top 5 in May-20

Attachment 2012695

Link
Is it because of the lack of manual gearbox in Turbo Petrol
As for the Venue Turbo-petrol is available in both manual and automatic.
I think Seltos has advantage over creta by offering manual in Turbo-petrol
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 22:21   #590
Senior - BHPian

For a very successful car in its first avatar, I don't see much hits on this thread here this time around. I thought this iteration would take the game to next level. Could it be because of Seltos? I don't see much hits there either. Could it be the cash-flow issues and people not taking much interest in buying new cars. But, I see more hits on German car threads.
Old 2nd June 2020, 22:35   #591
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
For a very successful car in its first avatar, I don't see much hits on this thread here this time around. I thought this iteration would take the game to the next level.
I think it is the overall exterior shape of the car which is keeping away everyone from it. I loved the interiors a lot but the exterior is a major down. Had it been designed better, things would have been different altogether in terms of the overall perception of the car.

Whatever little hits that this car is getting is because of those interiors IMHO.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 23:20   #592
Senior - BHPian

I had not announced this on forum, but I indeed had booked Creta after price announcement.

I did not even thought of upgrading, but my dad and younger brother asked me to go ahead and book one.

Very next day after price announcement, I made a call to my SA whom I bought i20 from. He made arrangements to get the car to my home, I refused since I was busy for next few days. I told him that I'll be visiting Showroom when I am free. He agreed.

After 2 days, I had to go outstation and called my SA to send details. Booking amount was transferred and variant choice was kept undecided. My thoughts were towards Turbo Petrol, but DCT Reliability made me change to IVT. Knowing Hyundai already, decided to skip Petrol yet again and go for Diesel. Convinced dad that Diesel will be fuel choice despite not so high running. He agreed. Called SA again and made him confirmation. So it was 1.5 Diesel SX(O) AT. Color choice was to be made after seeing it physically.

Same day, I saw few Creta's already on road. 1st one being Silver, Looked Decent. Then suddenly, same night, Govt. Announced Janatha Curfew. Since it was Sunday, I wanted to see colors at stockyard, but it was pushed. On 23rd India announced Lockdown and here is when the story got it's twist.

As we were restricted, many thoughts came as to what would be the way forward (Health/Economy/Education etc). Future looked bleak, uncertainty was all over the place. Days were hard to go by, somehow managed to do activities at home and as weeks went by, on May 3rd, we decided to cancel the Creta. Priorities have changed and new car was no longer an agenda for us.

Next day informed the SA regarding the same, he accepted and asked for 7 days time for refund. Within 5 days, booking amount was refunded. Thanked the SA for being co-operative, he asked me to visit the dealership to see the car, to which I said sure. Haven't seen the car in detail yet, but have seen few of them on road post relaxation.

It does look decent in dark colors, saw black one and looked premium, orange and red too are good. Didn't like white at all (No offence to White Creta Owners), this color on this new model didn't please my eyes. Yet to see Grey & Blue.

So, I booked and Cancelled Creta. Will I buy it again in future, maybe not.

Next year there are lots of good cars coming, so I'll wait and decide. Next January, my i20 will turn 6, so that's the ideal age when i replace, so no new car this year.

On a side note, whoever have liked Creta can go ahead as it has all the good bits of old car, it's only the design which is polarizing that'll make difference to sales numbers after normalcy

Last edited by CarguyNish : 2nd June 2020 at 23:24.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 07:16   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
For a very successful car in its first avatar, I don't see much hits on this thread here this time around. I thought this iteration would take the game to next level. Could it be because of Seltos? I don't see much hits there either. Could it be the cash-flow issues and people not taking much interest in buying new cars. But, I see more hits on German car threads.
Yes, quite surprising. Just see the traffic on the polo and rapid threads. Merely for the launch of a new engine and gearbox, in what are otherwise 10 year old cars, there is so much excitement.

I guess Hyundai and Kia are more bought by practical people who go by advise from family, friends and colleagues rather than researching and intensely debating on team bhp.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 08:13   #594
BANNED

Here's a comparison between the top variants of Creta and Seltos:
Old 3rd June 2020, 23:01   #595
Senior - BHPian

Now that Kia hiked the price of the HTK by a cool 20k for adding items worth 1000 bucks, the Seltos has gone from a car costing 11.98 lakhs onroad to 13.10 on road today. Decided to hit the local Hyundai dealer yesterday night and I managed to check out the SX display model in white, a colour I genuinely feel works only on the SX O variant with those contrast wheels.

Also managed to spot a black S variant which is close to the base EX variant I have been eyeing. I enquired about modifying the base variant to top and the Sales rep told me it's doable. A customer bought an S and tried to use the SX-O wheels on his Creta and he had issues with the TPMS which is different for the lower and higher variants. He told me Hyundai is willing to offer the TPMS from higher variant if needed.

Save for the panaromic sunroof, 10.25" touchscreen, air purifier, smart remote/stop start button and cruise control, it seems Hyundai is pretty much okay with offering parts to buyers of lower variants.

I for some reason like the projector headlamps on the lower variants more than the trio led setup. If the lower variants had that thick DRL it would've been perfect. The chrome grille I was told can be replaced later on. As much as I hate chrome, I have to say that chrome grille is the way to go on some colors like the Mulberry Red, Orange and White. The silver painted grille on the lower models looks nice in Black and Blue shades. I haven't yet spotted the Silver Creta so no idea there.

Even though the Creta is dimensionally a tad smaller than Seltos on paper, in person it feels a bit bigger. I think it is due to the body nature of the design and the thick muscular wheel arches and what I'm assuming is a higher bonnet line.

Have arranged for a test drive. TD car is currently being registered. I am told it is a diesel automatic while I enquired for a petrol manual. Will report when it's done.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 3rd June 2020 at 23:04.
Old 3rd June 2020, 23:47   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post

Have arranged for a test drive. TD car is currently being registered. I am told it is a diesel automatic while I enquired for a petrol manual. Will report when it's done.
I have been eyeing the Diesel E variant and the NA Petrol EX variant, both are priced under Rs. 10 lakhs. Just a little worried if the petrol will be a tad under-powered as I do a few fast highway runs each year and would not want to be worried about safe overtaking etc. The Diesel E seems to have mostly everything from the Petrol EX except the missing music system and I am wondering if the 10.5 inch system from higher variants can be installed on the E model. And if so, how much would it cost.
Old 4th June 2020, 10:04   #597
BHPian

Autocar's Diesel MT review.

Old 4th June 2020, 10:19   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
missing music system and I am wondering if the 10.5 inch system from higher variants can be installed on the E model. And if so, how much would it cost.
From my talk with Ultimate Hyundai they cant install any HU from higher models and in fact told us to get it installed from outside "Sony, etc" but the electrical warranty will be voided. They said the base has nothing much electrical so its not much of an issue
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 10:25   #599
Team-BHP Support

Oh man, I cannot come to terms with the front of the new Creta! The entire family now wears this shoddy look right down to the top-of-the-line Palisade!

The first gen. facelift had a real nice, butch looking front:

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-18-creta.jpg
(Image source: Team BHP review)

And now the second gen.:

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-20-creta.png
(Image source: Autocar video review)

That front grill!
Gannu_1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 20:32   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
From my talk with Ultimate Hyundai they cant install any HU from higher models and in fact told us to get it installed from outside "Sony, etc" but the electrical warranty will be voided. They said the base has nothing much electrical so its not much of an issue
Same here had asked the local dealer about it. Infact the dealership does not install it even if you bring the HU from outside they said Hyundai has told them not too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed