Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2020, 19:28   #616
BANNED

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Being aftermarket, it still blends in well
Does it? To me, looks hideous with all that plastics around the HU and the AC unit. The 7" screen looks small actually.

One should install some 8" or 10" screen to make things look better than it is currently.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 20:56   #617
BHPian

Found some videos in the YouTube adding Touchscreen Headunit to the new Creta E variant.
Attaching links of the videos I've mentioned above:

Personally I did not like any of these Headunits but certainly I think Android HU companies will start producing/importing a correct fit Touchscreen and steering mounted controls for the creta 2020 in the upcoming days.
Old 7th June 2020, 09:18   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar Test Results for the Diesel Manual Creta from the latest issue they have posted on-line:
  • 0-60: 4.91 seconds
  • 0-100: 11.75 seconds
  • 20-80 in third: 9.77 seconds
  • 40-100 in fourth: 11.44 seconds

In comparison, the Seltos Diesel Manual numbers are (from Autocar April 2020 Test):
  • 0-60: 4.83 seconds
  • 0-100: 11.67 seconds
  • 20-80: 9.84 seconds
  • 40-100: 10.85 seconds

So, the Seltos seems to be marginally faster in the Diesel Manual Avtar, though the difference is minute.
Old 7th June 2020, 11:06   #619
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Creta
20-80 in third: 9.77 seconds
40-100 in fourth: 11.44 seconds

Seltos
20-80: 9.84 seconds
40-100: 10.85 seconds
In-gear acceleration is what generally matters and is the useful figures in daily usage over the 0-80/100 figures.

Both the cars have been tuned in a similar fashion so I don't expect much of a difference anyway. Having driven both the diesel's, I couldn't find much difference between them. If looks are considered, Seltos wins hands-down and if looks are to be ignored, Creta will be my pick.

But immediately after driving the new Creta and going back to my stock 1.6L CRDi, I was happy that my perception of "there is no replacement for displacement!" is evident even though the difference is around 100cc. The grunt during acceleration is sorely missed in the new 1.5L U2 engines which are tuned more for FE and slightly better low-end than what the 1.6L U2 engine has to offer.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th June 2020 at 11:08.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 20:52   #620
BHPian

I booked Creta diesel E variant today. Opted to take insurance outside. Said no to extended warranty as it is a diesel manual and E variant, plus I intend to sell at 3 years, so additional 11k for 4th year didn't make sense. If I was buying an automatic variant, would have surely opted for it.

Does anyone know any contact for installing a good Head unit, preferably 10" touch screen in Bangalore? Pls advice.
anandkumargb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 06:03   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
But immediately after driving the new Creta and going back to my stock 1.6L CRDi, I was happy that my perception of "there is no replacement for displacement!" is evident even though the difference is around 100cc. The grunt during acceleration is sorely missed in the new 1.5L U2 engines which are tuned more for FE and slightly better low-end than what the 1.6L U2 engine has to offer.
Same thing happened when VW Skoda downgraded 1.6 to 1.5 TDI. I have both the versions, the difference in ingear acceleration is huge. 1.6 L is explosive and pins you back to your seat. 1.5 rapid is boring, linear and no fun. I felt the same in Creta 1.5 L Crdi. Hardly any push back during hard acceleration.
Old 9th June 2020, 10:09   #622
Senior - BHPian

Came across this video on YouTube,

This the Hyundai Creta Turbo DCT in Black Shade.

Now, my question is, Hyundai didn't offer it at launch, but this color option is now available on E-Booking page. While the Deep Forest Color has been discontinued.

But in the official Hyundai Website, Deep Forest is still there. Website might not be updated, but still has Hyundai gone Honda way of discontinuing similar shades to save costs ?

In 2014, Honda discontinued Crystal Black Pearl in City as it was similar to Golden Brown Metallic.
Old 10th June 2020, 05:32   #623
BHPian

Cant understand for the life of me, why Hyundai has omitted the auto dimming IRVM from the SX varaint of the Creta, its offered on the similar SX Verna, as well as my elite i20 sportz, all one model below the top, because excluding it from the 17L (OTR - Gurgaon) car is glaring omission.
armaan_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:10   #624
Senior - BHPian

Diesel Manual review by Faisal Khan
Old 10th June 2020, 20:22   #625
Senior - BHPian

So a query here. My long conversations with the dealer led me to understand that even the base EX model comes equipped with TPMS that is held in place by rivets.
What this means is you will have a hard time trying to buy aftermarket wheels for your Creta without the annoying TPMS warning/malfunction lights on your dash.

Dealer says he can arrange for the Dual tone diamond cut alloys but one will have to buy the TPMS for that particular rim with it and I am told unofficially that Hyundai is cool with that.

On social media via Creta forums, an S variant owner unfortunately took his new car to the alloy stores and swapped the styled steel wheels for a cheap set of alloys. His dash is now constantly lit up with low tyre pressure/Tpms malfunction warning. He says he took it to Hyundai dealership who asked him to revert to original Hyundai wheels which he now cannot.

I am assuming the alloy dealer did not fix the TPMS properly onto the alloys. In that case, would resetting the tpms reading on the MID fix this issue?

Would a TPMS on a 17" Creta oem wheel be differently setup than the ones on the 16"?

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 10th June 2020 at 20:23.
Old 11th June 2020, 12:53   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Overdrive magazine's latest issue is out and free for download at their site. They have done a comparison of the Creta and Seltos Diesel Manuals.

Interesting thing is that, according to them, the Creta shows a significantly higher fuel economy that the Seltos, at 16.4 KMPL versus the Seltos' 14.9 KMPL. Apparently the Creta cruises at 100 KMPH at 2000 RPM while the Seltos does so at 2200 RPM. Definitely looks like Hyundai has adopted a more relaxed engine tune for the Creta.

Acceleration figures are superior for the Seltos, as previous test drives show. The Seltos does 0-100 in 11.2 seconds and the Creta takes 11.6 seconds.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 11th June 2020 at 12:54.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 14:31   #627
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overdrive magazine's latest issue is out and free for download at their site. They have done a comparison of the Creta and Seltos Diesel Manuals.
Thank you

Quote:
Interesting thing is that, according to them, the Creta shows a significantly higher fuel economy that the Seltos, at 16.4 KMPL versus the Seltos' 14.9 KMPL. Apparently the Creta cruises at 100 KMPH at 2000 RPM while the Seltos does so at 2200 RPM. Definitely looks like Hyundai has adopted a more relaxed engine tune for the Creta.
The OD team may have got this wrong. Maybe they forgot to shift to 6th gear. Our Team BHPian has reviewed his Seltos Diesel in detail and according to him the Seltos cruises at 100 kmph at 2050 rpm.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4695733
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 15:12   #628
BHPian

Hello folks,

Just test drove the 2020 Creta 1.4 Turbo DCT.

These are just few small impression in comparison to my 2015 Creta 1.6 VTVT.

1. First up, the quality of the materials felt a notch above than my Creta. I wouldn't say a deal-breaker; but yes, it was slightly better. However, I was put down by the use of hard plastics at majority of the places on dashboard.
2. The doors didn't feel anything different and were pretty much comparable to the 1st gen Creta in terms of weight. However, what I observed was that, the door pads flexed more than the one in my Creta during the rolling of windows. I might be nitpicking here, but it's quite visible in the new Creta. I had also observed this in the Hyundai Venue.
3. I found the seats to be supremely comfortable, especially the lumbar support which lacks tremendously in my 2015 Creta. I simply detest the front seats in my Creta.
3. It's very easy to find a comfortable driving position with the aid of Electrically adjustable seats and the tilt-steering. However, a telescopic steering is a big miss here.
4. The car is very eager to start off the mark and picks up speed comfortably. Highway cruising is effortless and so is the city speed drivability. Never once, did I find the car hunting for gears or lacking any sort of power in any condition.
5. The shift action too is very effortless. The paddle shifters do add a sense of sportiness and make the driving experience quite engaging.
6. Out of all the drive modes, I quite liked the SPORT mode. The car was very much eager to pounce ahead in any gear you choose. The car also holds onto its gears for longer than usual. I loved driving it in this mode. Overtaking is simply effortless here.
7. The steering feedback is similar to the recent Hyundai's and doesn't have anything remarkable to write about.
8. Another thing that I found to be quite a shift from the 1st gen Creta is the ride quality. I found the ride quality to be on the firmer side, wherein I could even feel the minor bumps / rumblers inside the cabin, which otherwise are not felt in my car. I am able to compare it exactly is because I chose my daily commute route for the test drive to get the actual sense of the new car.
9. I didn't find the BOSE sound system anything better than a marketing gimmick. The 6-speaker system in my Creta sounds more-less the same. You can at times hear a slightly better bass, thanks to the presence of a sub-woofer in the new Creta; and that's it. Please note that, I was playing just the regular FM here; so the quality might different over streaming.
10. Panoramic sunroof!! Enough said.

So, overall I didn't find anything remarkable to say about the new Creta. This isn't really a step-up for someone already owning the previous gen Creta considering the price one it paying for it (On-road Goa: 20.93L) . But for someone who doesn't have one, definitely a good buy (atleast in this segment). If not anything else, the 1.4L Turbo engine is enough of a reason to choose one! Hyundai has simply nailed it with this motor. Kudos!!

Last edited by Aditya : 16th June 2020 at 21:40. Reason: Corrections: then - than
ashvek3141 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 17:53   #629
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Took the 2020 Creta out for my early morning weekend drive. Loved almost everything, save for the disastrous + ugly styling. Yuck looks, otherwise a well-engineered car. Any reviewer who tells you that the suspension is "soft" doesn't know what he's talking about. The tune is firm; liveable, but you always know what kind of road you are driving on and big bumps come in strongly to the cabin. Broken patches can get jarring. Due to the firmer, mature suspension, high speed manners are pretty sorted. Drove at high speed (petrol DCT is f-a-s-t) and the car didn't feel nervous at all. Great for highway warriors. Still, I do feel that the common man would've preferred the softer comfier setup of the 1st-gen Creta.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-20200614-08.39.02.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th June 2020 at 17:56.
GTO is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 20:18   #630
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Loved almost everything, save for the disastrous + ugly styling.

Attachment 2016769
I have so far maintained that I hate the way the new Creta looks.

But man, this shot has made me re-think my views on the Creta's design. I am really liking the rear view in this red shade and blacked out roof. It looks sporty. In fact I now prefer this to the rear of the Seltos. Still can't believe that 1 image was able to bring about such a change in my perspective.

I still hate the front and the side profile of the Creta, but post this picture, I won't be surprised if the pictures in the official review make me change my complete outlook on the looks of the Creta.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th June 2020 at 05:11. Reason: Fixed typo as requested.
AYP is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed