Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2020, 13:19   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Being in the automotive industry myself, I'd just like to say that this deduction of booking amount isn't the correct thing to do. Normal or any other scenario.

Had this been a vehicle which was rare and on order then a contract is made and the booking amount is not refunded at all since the vehicle is a liability on the dealer.

But for all other vehicles where normally things move pretty well, I don't think any deduction can be made.
If you go legal, the dealer will definitely loose whatever you may have signed while giving the money unless it was a registered contract on a stamp paper.
Old 11th July 2020, 19:59   #707
BHPian

One of my friends has a MG Hector. He had to wait for 20 weeks for delivery due to heavy bookings and 1000/- per week was added to his kitty for each waiting week. During delivery of car he got free accessories worth 20000/- and cancellation of booking was also free. I think this gesture should be emulated by other brands as well.
Teqhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 21:35   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqhead View Post
One of my friends has a MG Hector. He had to wait for 20 weeks for delivery due to heavy bookings and 1000/- per week was added to his kitty for each waiting week. During delivery of car he got free accessories worth 20000/- and cancellation of booking was also free. I think this gesture should be emulated by other brands as well.
Yes. MG has got is spot on in terms of customer service. Even I had cancelled MG Hector last December and even in cancellation the dealer was very courteous, prompt in answering queries and giving the refund. Even while handing over the cheque they were very warm at the showroom. Offered tea, discussed about the car. Discussed about ZS EV which was going to be launched.

Compare this to Tata where I had booked Harrier and cancelled, I have been following up for 1.5 months and havent got the refund. For about 20-25 days dealer was saying we cannot trace the booking funds for booking done on website. Had to complain to Tata Motors regional manager and still it took them 2 weeks to confirm that they will refund. Still havent got the refund though and they say it will take a few days more.
rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 02:14   #709
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone spotted an E or EX model Creta in lava orange? I've seen almost all colours except for that in base trim. Or is it like the Forest Green or whatever they call it limited to certain variants?

Mulberry red is just awful to my eyes. Reminds me of my now deceased uncle who once painted his old Ambassador in dark maroon colour. Gave me a pukish sensation everytime I saw it.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 12th July 2020 at 02:15.
Old 12th July 2020, 10:12   #710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Has anyone spotted an E or EX model Creta in lava orange? I've seen almost all colours except for that in base trim. Or is it like the Forest Green or whatever they call it limited to certain variants?

Mulberry red is just awful to my eyes. Reminds me of my now deceased uncle who once painted his old Ambassador in dark maroon colour. Gave me a pukish sensation everytime I saw it.
Lava Orange should be available in the base variant. According tot he Brochure, only the "Deep Forest" is reserved for the Turbo Variant. Please see image attached from the brochure on color choices.

The Lava Orange should look excellent with a black roof wrap - No one would believe it is a base variant, what with the premium rare color and a dual tone roof. One thing about the Creta base variants that is quite different from the other cars is that exteriors are almost identical across variants except the grill finish and wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-capture.png  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 12th July 2020 at 10:15.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 13:08   #711
Senior - BHPian

The grille is now available from 11.5k if you like chrome. The wheels, well the less said about the boring design on the SX the better. The SX-O dual tone is better but its just best to go aftermarket route for 17" rims.
Old 12th July 2020, 15:06   #712
BHPian

I have been allotted my Creta SX DCT Lava Orange, black dual tone. Dealer will provide VIN number by tomorrow.

Can anyone guide when should the payment be made. Dealer is pushing for payment. Should the payment be made once the car is available in the dealer warehouse for PDI or at the time of dispatch from factory.

Last car I purchased was in 2013, so dont remember.

Dealer is saying delivery can be made between 20-30 July.
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 15:15   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Dealer will provide VIN number by tomorrow.

Can anyone guide when should the payment be made. Dealer is pushing for payment. Should the payment be made once the car is available in the dealer warehouse for PDI or at the time of dispatch from factory.
Personally, I would make the payment only after visiting the dealer warehouse and seeing the car in person (you would have the VIN of the vehicle alloted to you by this time).

End of the day, Creta is a popular vehicle so the the dealer does not have to worry about leftover stock. Convince the SA that you are ready to make the full payment as soon as you see the vehicle and it should be ok.

Congrats on the car.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 21:04   #714
BHPian

I had a test drive yesterday of the sx(o) diesel AT and I can surely say that I am very happy with choice of variant ( probably getting it delivered next week).
-The best part is the diesel variant is surprisingly silent, hyundai has managed to insulate the cabin superbly. The tyre and engine noise is barely heard inside.
-Ride comfort is also much better with the softer suspension and city driving was very comfortable.

• Had a stretch on the highway and the car felt well planted with steering weighed proportionally unlike the previous model which was too light for highway drive.
  • Sport mode on the car is really punchy and could feel the push it gave.
  • Real time mileage improved from 10.5 kmpl to 12.5 during my 15 mins drive in city and was told by the executive that they had to wait for 10-15 mins with aircon on till the time I reached their location for the ride. They assured 14-15 kmpl in city and 18-20 kmpl on highway.
  • The ventilated seats were working really well and felt the cooling under thigh and back.
  • The bose music system was ok with the radio on, however felt much better with the songs on the pendrive.
  • The feature where the front passenger seat senses whether someone is sitting on it or not and seatbelt alarm will ding only when passenger is sitting is really nice.
  • Touchscreen was really responsive.
  • Boot loading lip is almost flat with the boot floor.

Last edited by ampere : 12th July 2020 at 21:24. Reason: formatted post
Teqhead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 21:30   #715

@Bangalore peeps - If my booking for the Turbo SX(O) comes through, I'm considering upgrading the tyres and alloys ; can you recommend a dealer?
I live in Banaswadi but can make the drive if I don't have a choice.
Old 12th July 2020, 22:19   #716
Senior - BHPian

I think Madhu's is the most recommended on this forum and they provide discount for Bhpians apparently.

Anyway EX owners tell me the 8" touchscreen infotainment system cannot play video at all. Considering my uncle's Santro Sportz plays one I don't understand why Creta cannot. Can anyone confirm?
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 14:08   #717
BHPian

I have a question regarding TPMS in Creta, as per the user manual of the car if we have a flat tyre and we replace it with spare then the TPMS telltale indicator will blink until original tyre is fitted again.
Does it mean the TPMS system will work on the original tyres only?
Can anyone put some light on the issue as to how to manage a flat tyre on new Creta.

Attaching page of user manual of creta 2020 regarding TPMS.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-957ee2e3b7144f84acb5f1151d5781e1.jpeg  

Old 15th July 2020, 15:07   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqhead View Post
I have a question regarding TPMS in Creta, as per the user manual of the car if we have a flat tyre and we replace it with spare then the TPMS telltale indicator will blink until original tyre is fitted again.
Does it mean the TPMS system will work on the original tyres only?
Can anyone put some light on the issue as to how to manage a flat tyre on new Creta.

Attaching page of user manual of creta 2020 regarding TPMS.
I think the TPMS warning will be there as the spare tyre wouldn't be having the TPMS installed so the warning will go away only once the original tyre is installed.
Old 15th July 2020, 15:39   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
I think the TPMS warning will be there as the spare tyre wouldn't be having the TPMS installed so the warning will go away only once the original tyre is installed.
Oh, i thought the sensor is on the wheel aka alloy as it is mentioned in the manual but than it also mentions that its inside tyre.
Thanks for clarification
Old 16th July 2020, 08:43   #720
BHPian

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/af..._5VNW2T3-xyqfo

Creta might get IMT after venue.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks