Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2020, 01:51   #721
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Hello friends,
So finally, today got the delivery of my car. The dealership delivered it at my doorstep. As promised available by 15th july, I chose to take delivery today i.e. 16th july. Nice experience overall of the interaction with Hyundai GM and executives. Posting a couple of pics 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-c77a5954a6f447a98842049c7886a72b.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-c4e62c69d7a44e4f9ef2559af141bbb9.jpeg
Teqhead is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 10:21   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqhead View Post
Hello friends,
So finally...
Congrats! The car looks great!
If you don't mind, can you give me the exact email you used to reach the GM? I wish to expedite the delivery of my booking, too, but the dealership is still quoting November()
HK. Oby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 11:37   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends,
So finally, today got the delivery of my car.
Congratulations
I saw a white Creta (just a cursory glance as I drove past it) & can say the front end looks bigger in person, even though it is marginally bigger only. Also, the front end has neutral looks than the ugly looks, many people have commented, it has.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 12:45   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends,
So finally, today got the delivery of my car. The dealership delivered it at my doorstep.
Congratulations man!
The Creta looks smashing in the silver shade!
These rims look so much better than ones on the Turbo variant (Is it listed in the accessory list?).
Wishing you lacs of joyful and hassle-free miles with the Korean hunk
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 19:38   #725
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So finally, today got the delivery of my car.
Congratulations! The alloys looks fabulous & Creta in this silver shade looks much better. Curious to know how many years warranty did you opt for, since it customisable?
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 20:06   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
Congrats! The car looks great!
If you don't mind, can you give me the exact email you used to reach the GM? I wish to expedite the delivery of my booking, too, but the dealership is still quoting November()
Thanks Hk. Oby. Will share the mail with you. Send me your email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Congratulations
I saw a white Creta (just a cursory glance as I drove past it) & can say the front end looks bigger in person, even though it is marginally bigger only. Also, the front end has neutral looks than the ugly looks, many people have commented, it has.
Thanks CARDEEP, yes due to bigger front the car looks like a SUV rather a city car. And actually looks good in person. I went for SX(O) only for the alloys and extra airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
Congratulations man!
The Creta looks smashing in the silver shade!
These rims look so much better than ones on the Turbo variant (Is it listed in the accessory list?).
Wishing you lacs of joyful and hassle-free miles with the Korean hunk
Thanks Nazaar25 for the lovely wishes. I am not sure about these alloys but the SX ones does figure in the accessory list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Congratulations! The alloys looks fabulous & Creta in this silver shade looks much better. Curious to know how many years warranty did you opt for, since it customisable?
Thank You PPS, i already own a black car and know the pain of keeping it clean so black was a no for creta. In silver it looks bigger as the silver on the sides merges with the car colour. I chose 4 years/60k km warranty as the 5 year/ 50k sounded too optimistic

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th July 2020 at 20:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Teqhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 22:22   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Hk. Oby. Will share the mail with you. Send me your email.
Thank you, but got some good news today, so I won't be needing it! Dealership has assured delivery by the end of August. Went with the Galaxy Blue SX(O) IVT. Can't wait!
HK. Oby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 22:45   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
Thank you, but got some good news today, so I won't be needing it! Dealership has assured delivery by the end of August. Went with the Galaxy Blue SX(O) IVT. Can't wait!
Thats great. Did you write any mail? I knew november is too long and not justified.
Teqhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 23:37   #729
BHPian

Is it just me or the new Creta looks smaller in comparison to the previous gen one. I know that the new one is actually longer and wider than the old one and it looks big from the front but looking at the profile it appears smaller. I only had a fleeting glance of a white one but it appeared smaller. Does this has anything to do with that god awful silver cladding running from C pillar to the front. (All the more reason to choose the silver colour)

Also the horn sounded meeker than one on mine.
Old 18th July 2020, 01:20   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

We were on the lookout for a petrol AT and I called up the local Hyundai guys yesterday to casually enquire about the availability of the IVT in either White or Black. They replied in the negative by checking out the factory stock which was empty and said I won't get one till after 5th August, if I booked yesterday itself.

Pulled a few strings, made a few calls, and received a call 30 minutes later that a White SX IVT is in transit (together with a Red diesel SX AT) and is scheduled to dock and get unloaded on Sunday. Checked the brochure thoroughly and decided that we can live without the other features in the SX(O) - fully digital MID, ventilated seats, Bose system, etc., but I'll miss the extra 4 airbags.

The customer who had this SX IVT initially allotted was having loan issues and was asking for more time, so they were ready to divert it to me.

VIN was sent quickly and manufacturing date decoded to 26th June 2020. (Red Diesel AT had rolled out on 25th June 2020 - one day earlier)

Fired off a booking amount yesterday night and got the car allocated to myself. Should pick it up on Monday or Tuesday after a detailed PDI.

I have also been assured by a few sources that the ABS & braking has been thoroughly reworked (earlier first-gen Cretas mostly suffered from this problem of the ABS kicking in too early or too late, and apparently Hyundai has actually addressed this issue) and that it shouldn't be a problem anymore with this all-new generation.

True or not, I guess we will find out in time when we live with the car.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 01:48   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
Is it just me or the new Creta looks smaller in comparison to the previous gen one. I know that the new one is actually longer and wider than the old one and it looks big from the front but looking at the profile it appears smaller. I only had a fleeting glance of a white one but it appeared smaller. Does this has anything to do with that god awful silver cladding running from C pillar to the front. (All the more reason to choose the silver colour)

Also the horn sounded meeker than one on mine.
Totally second what you felt. Saw a white Creta on the road, it was coming from the opposite lane and I completely mistook it for a Venue, that too when I was not driving(was seated in the rear) and had a little more than a second to see the car.
Somehow, the previous generation Creta in its top-spec guise with those diamond-cut alloys( I have noticed that the Creta with the diamond-cut alloys had greater ground clearance) looked bigger from the front. However, the new one is definitely more imposing.
Old 18th July 2020, 06:24   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Pulled a few strings, made a few calls, and received a call 30 minutes later that a White SX IVT is in transit (together with a Red diesel SX AT) and is scheduled to dock and get unloaded on Sunday. Checked the brochure thoroughly and decided that we can live without the other features in the SX(O) - fully digital MID, ventilated seats, Bose system, etc., but I'll miss the extra 4 airbags.

Congrats, I guess you hold a new BHPian (or even national) record for most car purchases in a span of 5 years Glad to have you back on the Hyundai fold (though I guess you have an i20 as well?). Isn't it deja vu all over again with the white Creta? Any reasons to choose a slightly controversial designed Creta over a Seltos? I think if the car is going to be used well and for longer, the higher spec will keep things interesting, lower variants get boring after a year.

Looking forward to a new ownership thread, the early reports on the first gen Creta by you and nkghai were what set the ball rolling essentially, for the car in the community.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 08:39   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Nazaar25 for the lovely wishes. I am not sure about these alloys but the SX ones does figure in the accessory list.
I feel the SX(O) alloys are not available as an accessory because SX(O) comes with a highline TPMS system whereas variants lower than SX get a lowline TPMS, so to prevent a malfunction I guess those alloys are not available as an accessory

Congratulations on your new car sir!

Last edited by Sheel : 18th July 2020 at 09:32. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 09:08   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
We were on the lookout for a petrol AT and I called up the local Hyundai guys yesterday to casually enquire about the availability of the IVT in either White or Black. They replied in the negative by checking out the factory stock which was empty and said I won't get one till after 5th August, if I booked yesterday itself.
So you're buying an XUV500 and the new creta in one go? Must say both are polar opposites as one is newly launched without reviews and the other as you said, has practicality even though very aged.

Cheers to your new car, looking forward to a new ownership thread!

Last edited by GTO : 18th July 2020 at 11:38. Reason: Absolutely NO need for negativity or sarcasm
Old 18th July 2020, 09:41   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Thats great. Did you write any mail? I knew november is too long and not justified.
No! Just bugged the man every day until he must've decided that he's better off getting rid of me ASAP
Closed Thread

Most Viewed