Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2020, 14:11   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Anyways both the transmissions are from Hyundai is what I am saying.
Didn't know that at all, you mean Tata sourced it from Hyundai and not Punch Powerglide? People have praised the Powerglide ZF in Hexa and rightly so since it comes from a transmission specialized company. Didn't know Harrier had an auto box, it's so complex with Nexon getting an AMT, their Altroz having no auto at all and then Hexa getting a top of the line auto. Should upgrade them all to the Powerglide series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Haven't heard any major issues with the torque converter. Just that is slightly on the slower side (gear shifting time I mean).
True, very slow I'd add, Hyundai torque converters work best with a diesel with large torque to compensate for the torque converters slow witted program. On top gear its flawless but during regular cruising it is a flop.

Creta should also upgrade to the Seltos DCT if it has any chance of surviving its sisters onslaught.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 14:24   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
True, very slow I'd add, Hyundai torque converters work best with diesel with large torque to compensate for the torque converters slow-witted program. On top gear its flawless but during regular cruising, it is a flop.

Creta should also upgrade to the Seltos DCT if it has any chance of surviving its sister's onslaught.
I feel TC or CVT are best suited for Indian driving conditions. For daily use, TC is much better than DCT IMHO. DCT is best avoided due to unnecessary heating up warning etc.

Don't think Creta will get the same engine + transmission combo (read 1.4 Turbo petrol + 7DCT) as the Seltos. Maybe 1.5P + 6MT; 1.5P + CVT; 1.5D + 6AT (TC) and 1.5D + 6MT.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 16:12   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving80kph View Post
If that's the case, why would Hyundai bother spending on a facelift. Seltos is doing quite well without any help from it's cousin. Just reap profits from both cars. A new look which is this polarizing, if made just to push Seltos, will ultimately hamper Hyundai's revenue because Seltos can't replace Creta 1:1.

Because the current Creta does big volumes. It's like the iPhone and the Pro. It's doesn't have to replace the Creta but any shift basis the looks would only help Hyundai.
Old 8th February 2020, 19:26   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Wait what? How does not being an enthusiast make a person blind too? I mean, I can understand if the mass-segment-average-car-buyer does not find the difference in handling between a Ford or a Hyundai. But how can they blatantly call this the better design over the previous Creta? Pratap Bose would be offended when people look at this, and say looks like the Harrier! Oh well come on guys.
Sorry to say this but this is an absolute elitist statement.

Design (unless it's some clearly ugly contraption like the Sonalika Rhino and even here you will have some who like it) is highly subjective. While an "enthusiast" might appreciate things like safety, engine refinement and handling far better, on looks everyone is the same. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Look at the cars this forum adores and says is exceedingly good looking like the VAG cars, even the likes of Rapid and Vento never ever sold anything even remotely in the same ball park as the first gen fluidic Verna that the forum finds ugly.

Let me make a bold claim that goes against what the forum is saying (flop show, disaster for Hyundai, Harrier over Creta etc), this car will set new records for bookings and beat v 1.0's sales numbers.

On a personal note, I love the new design, esp the rear and hated the boxy older gen Creta.
Stribog is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 22:03   #65
BHPian

I think Creta 2020 looks great in black/dark colors. It looks modern and certainly going to significantly increase the numbers on the sales chart. The only question is will it be able to beat its cousin "Seltos"?

I kind of like the simple grill seen in the Indian version. It is a matter of taste. I feel the simple and understated grill adds to the sophistication factor.

Looks like the huge touchscreen we saw on ix25 is missing here. Not sure, if Hyundai is saving it for a mid-life facelift. If they have done that, it is stupid.

Compared to the 1st gen Creta, the boot area is stretched back a little. It slightly jets out and reduces the departure angle, but heck no one must use Creta for serious off-roading anyways.

Panoramic sunroof = welcome. Indians have fallen in love with sun-roof, even though we are a hot country - we open the glass twice in a year. It is not the utility, it is about the premium-ness. In some time, all Indian cars are going to have it. The panoramic sunroof is better than regular sun-roof any day.

ix25 never featured rear A/C vents on both 1st gen and 2nd gen. Hyundai India added rear A/C vents in Creta in the 1st gen. I hope they carry the same to the 2nd gen too. India is hotter than China.

All in all, a nice upgrade to a star performer for Hyundai India, they have changed every body panel on the exterior, every panel on the interior as well. Even the platform is new. They have added notable features too. This is in true sense All-new Creta.

Some new designs grow on you with time. I'm very sure, all the criticisms on this new design in this tread will seem undue in a few months after its launch. I had seen similar criticisms to XUV500's design on its launch. But later it became a favorite.

Last edited by manjunathkl : 8th February 2020 at 22:12.
manjunathkl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 22:42   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

Let me make a bold claim that goes against what the forum is saying (flop show, disaster for Hyundai, Harrier over Creta etc), this car will set new records for bookings and beat v 1.0's sales numbers.

On a personal note, I love the new design, esp the rear and hated the boxy older gen Creta.
Not sure about your bold claim materialising but as a person who never bothered giving the current Creta or the pre facelift version a second glance, I find the new boxy design better looking. Maybe its the increased dimensions but save for the different shade C pillar and the front grille design this is a very proportionate looking car than the outgoing model. It all boils down to pricing now.

What will work in its favour is Hyundai's large dealer/service network. In my city Kia has a 4 month waiting period, MG does not yet have a dealership within 250kms and the Harrier ended up pricing it out of my target range in its bs6 avatar. I have had bad experience with Mahindra(both 2 and 4 wheelers) so the next gen XUV is out of question but I may give it a try to see if it can really surprise me.

And Hyundai mostly banks on its own customer base to upgrade to the new Creta and from what I've observed they are very persuasive and offer better loyalty bonuses to ensure customers trade in their old Hyundais for a new one. Brand Loyalty resulting from customer satisfaction is why brands like Hyundai and Maruti are able to thrive in this country. So I don't see Hyundai losing sleep over the new Creta not matching their target numbers in sales.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 09:08   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjunathkl View Post
I think Creta 2020 looks great in black/dark colors. It looks modern and certainly going to significantly increase the numbers on the sales chart. The only question is will it be able to beat its cousin "Seltos"?

Looks like the huge touchscreen we saw on ix25 is missing here. Not sure, if Hyundai is saving it for a mid-life facelift. If they have done that, it is stupid.
Indeed the Creta will sell in numbers. Backed by Hyundai Service and brand image especially in smaller towns Creta will be a success story. It's going to definitely beat Seltos.
But personally, look wise this is not an SUV by any means

I was at the auto expo and had a conversation with a Hyundai executive relating to the interior specs. He told me that the version shown in the auto expo is not the final one and the car is not the top variant. Thus it's possible that we might get the portrait touchscreen.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 9th February 2020 at 09:11. Reason: typo
sunilsoft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 21:39   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Certainly looks less hideous than the first generation Creta. I think Hyundai is growing up in terms of design sensibilities. There still are a few quirky elements, but overall, they have made this a cleaner design compared to what I feared. The curvy and lizard shaped tail almps are gone, the immature curves in the fornt dashboard layers are gobe - the only bling bits that remain are the front grille with the garishly curved edge designs and shiny metal running criss-cross and the mega size CRETA at the back. Heck, Creta isn't a name which is fluid and elegant like the "Venue" or the "Safari" and does not deserve to be so prominently displayed - it still reminds me of the craters on our roads and evokes a feeling of discomfort.
Old 10th February 2020, 10:51   #69
BHPian

Is it just me feeling that the new Creta looks larger than the existing one. Since it's based on Seltos platform I guess that can actually be the case.
That being said, this looks better designed (externally) than the Chinese version but still falls short of the Seltos' looks. To me, amongst all the new crop of SUVs, Harrier still looks the best.
Old 10th February 2020, 17:43   #70
BHPian

Looks are subjective and I personally like the way the front has been changed for Indian customers. I would have been more happy to if the interiors of ix25 would have planned for the Indian model. Nevertheless, the new model looks beefier and masculine from the front and the rear is more of a cross-over type. I am overall impressed with the silhouette and really looking forward to lay hands on one as soon as it is launched.
Have been trying to find a near perfect car to replace my ageing i20 and I finally took the plunge and have pre-booked the car yesterday. Now the wait starts...
Hope Hyundai doesn't disappoint me with not launching a True Top-End Petrol Auto.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 08:15   #71
R17
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The Venue sold globally uses the i20 Platform which is also known as the PB Platform but the Indian Venue uses the Santro Platform (K1 Platform).

Refer this article for more on the existing Creta's platform: URL
I was under the impression that the Indian and the global Venue were similar save for some length shaving (Was also hoping therefore that the global model’s safety ratings boded well for the Indian one too ). Could you please point out some links / sources highlighting the different platforms for the Indian and global Venues? Thanks.
R17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 10:15   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
I was under the impression that the Indian and the global Venue were similar save for some length shaving (Was also hoping therefore that the global model’s safety ratings boded well for the Indian one too ). Could you please point out some links / sources highlighting the different platforms for the Indian and global Venues? Thanks.
Check the following Posts for the Info on Venue Platform: > (The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled)

Also > (The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled)

For more on current Creta Platform check : URL (Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT))
Old 11th February 2020, 12:11   #73
BHPian

According to the YouTuber Rishabh Arora, Hyundai will not bring their automatic transmission in top end trim and will not have 360 degree cameras even in top end trim. If this were to be true, I am greatly disappointed.
carenthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 18:32   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Check the following Posts for the Info on Venue Platform: > (The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled)

Also > (The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled)

For more on current Creta Platform check : URL (Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT))

I think there is a lot grey area with regard to platform sharing of Hyundai, I have highlighted this on many instances in various threads.

From what I could gather, the current gen Creta could be based on the earlier Elantra platform, the fluidic one, if I may say so. I do not think the Creta has anything in common with the existing i20. If im not wrong, the elite i20 is actually of the same platform as the earlier fluidic Verna. However post all the new models like Nios, Aura and the Venue coming up, it looks like the next Gen i20 due this year will share the same platform as the new cars. Whereas the Creta and the Seltos share platforms separately.

And this is probably why the Creta is made in a different plant where the Elantra, Tucson are also being assembled.
Old 11th February 2020, 19:00   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
From what I could gather, the current gen Creta could be based on the earlier Elantra platform, the fluidic one, if I may say so. I do not think the Creta has anything in common with the existing i20. If im not wrong, the elite i20 is actually of the same platform as the earlier fluidic Verna. However post all the new models like Nios, Aura and the Venue coming up, it looks like the next Gen i20 due this year will share the same platform as the new cars. Whereas the Creta and the Seltos share platforms separately.
I think there is sufficient documentation on the Venue, Santro and i10 sharing the same Santro/K1 Platform. Whether Hyundai will downgrade next gen i20 to the Santro Platform is a question mark. But there are articles that claim that Hyundai has decided to base all their sub 4m cars on the K1/Santro platform going forward.

The earlier Fluidic Verna (pre-2017) sharing the same i20 platform is true and there is sufficient documentation/articles about this. Hyundai is weak in interior space management and hence in order to compete with the City/Ciaz they had to give the Verna a better/bigger platform in the form of the Elantra platform which they did with the 2017 Verna Release. Despite this, people are still not happy with the rear seat space in the new Verna in comparison to the segment competition...

There is some grey area regarding the current gen Creta and what platform it is based on. Multiple contradictory opinions have been shared on this forum. Need to wait for more concrete information to close this topic in either direction.

As for the 2020 Creta and Seltos they share the same Platform and that of the Elantra or what is known as the K2 Platform.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 11th February 2020 at 19:02.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks