Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2020, 20:08   #901
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiteshdivine View Post
Just to know your opinion - why not the S over Ex?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbshi View Post
I think 'E' (Diesel) and 'EX' (Petrol) are the VFM variants. To be honest, 'S' felt a bit overpriced for the ~2L premium, key additons being fog lamps, camera, rear wiper, still no alloys though.
Despite the 'S' being the middle variant among the 5 that are available, it still doesn't get adjustable rear headrests! They are only reserved for the top variants- SX & SX(O).
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 20:16   #902

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Despite the 'S' being the middle variant among the 5 that are available, it still doesn't get adjustable rear headrests! They are only reserved for the top variants- SX & SX(O).
Right, but S also has wiper, defogger, fog lamps, engine start stop, camera.. definitely not worth the price but still comfortably below SX, that's confusing.
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:27   #903
BHPian

I came across the new Creta for the first time today in the flesh.

A lot of members here have mentioned it looks better than in pictures and the design grows on to you over time, but I guess I am in the minority here because I did not like it at all. In fact physically seeing it reinforced my initial reaction to the pictures I had seen of the Creta - that is one weird ugly front fascia.

Of course, looks are subjective but this is too radical/quirky a design for my liking!
It was a top end white Creta (sunroof and all) and was mostly a petrol automatic and I must say I had a tough time keeping up with it in my Honda City. The lady driving it was making full use of the empty Western Express Highway and the acceleration on the Creta was pretty good
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 22:58   #904

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Booked the 1.4 Turbo SX (O) at Hans Hyundai. Had initially selected the Deep Forest colour after seeing Romzy's posts but the SA informed that the waiting period for Deep Forest was pretty long and I should go with fast moving colours if I wanted the delivery by November. These fast movers seemed to be white (no surprise), black, silver and grey.
I can assure you that the 'fast movers' are really the showrooms trying to offload inventory and has nothing to do with actual demand, especially if we are talking about the Turbo Petrol.

I started making enquiries in April and almost every showroom back then promised 2-week deliveries assuming I was interested in the White or Lava-Orange model.

Anyone who has been to the stockyard will tell you about the sea of white-cars (talking about Turbo again) and the lava orange coming second.
In all my interactions, there was only ONE Deep Forest car available (shrug)
I delayed twice and was after having decided, was told I'd have to wait both times :/

Anyhoo!
Sounds like you're going for the 1.5 Petrol instead of the Turbo?!
The Silver/Grey combo is stunning and was my original choice. Wish it came with the Turbo :(

Last edited by Romzy : 23rd August 2020 at 23:21. Reason: Updated comments
Romzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 23:56   #905

Of all the profiles, I feel side should be the least polarising, with the concave arches giving it better definition.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-dscn383702.jpeg  

cbshi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 01:06   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzy View Post
Sounds like you're going for the 1.5 Petrol instead of the Turbo?!
The Silver/Grey combo is stunning and was my original choice. Wish it came with the Turbo :(
Going for the 1.4 Turbo only, in Titan Grey. Might switch to the dual tone alloys as the gunmetal ones on the turbo will more or less match the body colour of the car.

Why would Hyundai do this though? Not offer their top alloy on their spotlit variant? Are the Turbo gunmetal alloys supposed to be superior in any way? Definitely not aesthetically!
Old 24th August 2020, 11:29   #907

Quote:
Going for the 1.4 Turbo only, in Titan Grey. Might switch to the dual tone alloys as the gunmetal ones on the turbo will more or less match the body colour of the car.
Oh, okay! I didn't know they were offering the Turbo in the other color variants now!
Dang it - when did this begin?
I really really wanted the Grey/Silver shade but they said it was unlikely to be introduced anytime soon for the Turbo :(

As for the Gun-metal alloys, yeah - go figure!
The Diamond-cut alloys cost me 22k with the buy-back although I think you can push for a better discount.
Romzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 11:53   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Of all the profiles, I feel side should be the least polarising, with the concave arches giving it better definition.
The one thing the new Creta does to me for sure is give the feeling of an "SUV", which the old Creta never did!.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 14:59   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Looks smashing! Especially with those alloys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzy View Post
Oh, okay! I didn't know they were offering the Turbo in the other color variants now!.
Blame Hyundai for a confusing brochure! The shades mentioned for the Turbo variant are in *addition* to the ones available for non-turbo variants. They should have mentioned it explicitly considering their 'Click to buy' website seems to only offer a handful of the shades possible at a dealership.
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 15:22   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Man! Your car looks absolutely beautiful!! Those wheels truly complement the colour.
Well, when I had seen the initial pics of the Creta, never had I thought that I will use the word ‘beautiful’ to describe one!

Quote:
Blame Hyundai for a confusing brochure! The shades mentioned for the Turbo variant are in *addition* to the ones available for non-turbo variants. They should have mentioned it explicitly considering their 'Click to buy' website seems to only offer a handful of the shades possible at a dealership.
It was always like that right? The turbo variant had those 3 or something additional colours apart from the regular ones. They mention it similarly even in their features list, wherein some of the features are exclusive to thr turbo variant.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 17:25   #911
BHPian

Hey guys.
Booked a blue IVT SX(O) from Talwar Hyundai, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad 2 month ago, but with regret, will be canceling. Got the booking done through a corporate contact, who gave a hint a few days ago that the dealership is having financial problems and will be shutting down. Sure enough, when put in a tough spot, the SA admitted the difficulties and pushed me to go for a refund, claiming vague reasons such as difficulty in moving petrol cars(sounds dumb, I know).
I have no idea if it is just this Talwar Hyundai, or the others, too, but if you've been constantly getting your delivery date postponed, then I advise you to ask your SA a similar question. Will be going with Lakshmi Hyundai next, hoping for a better outcome. Gonna have to wait to get the beaty in my garage...but it'll be worth it!
HK. Oby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 22:07   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
The one thing the new Creta does to me for sure is give the feeling of an "SUV", which the old Creta never did!.
+1 for that.
This new creta is made to look like an SUV and it feels like that too sitting inside. The new bigger bumper is ‘experimented’ to make it look like a big car with added dimensions to all sides of the car. I saw it closely parked with previous creta and the size difference is visible. However the front look has shocked a lot of people and its obvious.
Teqhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 23:19   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
It was always like that right? The turbo variant had those 3 or something additional colours apart from the regular ones. They mention it similarly even in their features list, wherein some of the features are exclusive to thr turbo variant.
Attaching a screenshot from the brochure's colour options page. The fact that turbo variant colours are offered in addition to the regular shades should have been clearly spelt out on this page, which it isn't; leading to confusion for many.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-screenshot_20200824231717.jpg  

Old 25th August 2020, 00:03   #914

Quote:
The Click 2 Buy site was just as bad - I didn't check it after my original booking but at the time, the only additional color was the Black option which would then default to Deep Forest as you progressed

Anyway, the wife liked the Deep Forest color, so we both got what we wanted
Old 25th August 2020, 20:57   #915
BHPian

Cross posting my Q here too. This thread is quite active and I was keen to get feedback from more folks.

I'm closing down on the new Creta. The extra space will be a welcome change from our existing sedan.

I was concerned about the large panoramic sunroof - build quality, leaks, heating, motor issues etc. As nice as it looks, it is still a 'first-of-its-segment' sort of thing and it's worth knowing from past experiences and Hyundai's confidence in this new feature.

I had some initial concerns of my own and the group here will have additional thoughts. What is this groups take on some of these concerns?

1. Metal vs Glass Strength: Worst case scenario - incase of an accident - is rooftop metal better able to protect the folks inside the car? Or is this sunroof glass toughened to absorb some impact?

2. Is the glass shatter proof like the windshield?

3. Mechanics: The roof now has moving parts. How good is the motor which drives the sunroof? In my Vento, I was stuck on a long drive with an electronic window which wouldnt roll up. We had to drive through hot weather for hours before we found a mech who would fix it.

4. Leakproof: This is perhaps my biggest concern. I didn't find the word 'leakproof' in Hyundai's Creta site. How good are those rubber seals to begin with? And how good will those rubber seals be after they age?

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Anand
anandbangalore is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks