Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2020, 11:08   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexkid View Post
Any idea on the pricing for the new Creta? Anyone booked? What's the delivery time?
Booked it on 12/02, cancelled it yesterday.

From the info I had till yesterday - pricing will be very close to the Seltos' range, with the base variants undercutting the Kia.

Expect the same pricing strategy as before - petrol second-base & diesel base below 10 lakhs, spreading out to 15.8-16.0 for the top DCT turbo & TC diesel.

Delivery time quoted to me was 2 weeks, i.e., first week of April. They said Hyundai was sitting on 8,000 bookings within 2 days of officially opening them. Most of them are for petrol.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 12:09   #212
Senior - BHPian

Those alloys on SX looks ugly on such a nice car. Hyundai had set benchmark to me in designing nice alloys, but with this they have made a U turn.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 12:11   #213

Does this version too sport a disc/drum setup? If yes sorry move from Hyundai, when most competitors are offering all round disc brakes.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th March 2020 at 18:47. Reason: Ver = version. No SMS language, short forms, please type in full.
Old 6th March 2020, 12:54   #214
BHPian

I believe the material available doesnt capture the right details on variants/colours as the information in some places is not matching with the pictures. Like there is no mention of the all black upholstery and dual tone with black used in place of silver on the roofline.

Also in one of the pictures of factory I saw a red and black creta where the red is similar to the Chinese version and not the maroonish red Mulberry as shown in the detail sheet shared earlier.

Here is my speculation on price for Automatic SX and SXO variants going by the Seltos prices.

1.5P SX IVT-14.99
1.5P SXO IVT - 15.99
1.5 D SX AT - 16.25
1.5 D SXO AT - 17.25
1.4 P DCT SX - 16.25
1.4 P DCT SXO - 17.25
Old 6th March 2020, 13:16   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Regarding the Hyundai India's plant visit by sections of the media yesterday, I noticed something interesting in their presentation regarding the all-new 2020 Creta:

Quote:
Here is an interesting fact Hyundai shared. The new Creta is built on what the company calls SuperStructure, which can withstand the weight of two elephants.
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-1.jpg

Metal To Excellence of The Ultimate SUV?
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 13:46   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Regarding the Hyundai India's plant visit by sections of the media yesterday, I noticed something interesting in their presentation regarding the all-new 2020 Creta:

This really impressed me. Would definitely make me feel safe and secure.To my knowledge, untill this, no one in India has advertised the measurable benefit of using high strength steel that is easier even for a layman to understand.

Last edited by carenthusiast : 6th March 2020 at 13:53.
Old 6th March 2020, 16:03   #217
BHPian

Looking at the pictures and videos that have emerged straight out of the factory and some presentation sessions, I feel, the Creta, definitely has an edge over the Seltos in terms of the exhaustive feature set that is on offer.

The combination of Panoramic Sunroof, Paddle shifters, Electronic parking brake all packaged into one does really stand out in this segment and it's just mind blowing.
I understand that some of the lower segment cars/suv's do offer paddle shifters, like the Honda and Ford. But never have seen anything come together as a package like this at this price point.

I wish these things ( Pano roof and EPB) were available on Indian Seltos too as they are already available in foreign markets as standard packages ( except the paddle shifts). Seltos offers AWD too. Kia might be reserving that for X-Line - The more rugged looking Seltos or a face lift.

I am not really sure if Hyundai controls what should go into Seltos and what should go into Creta. I mean the feature list.
Because KIA responded very well to the public appeal/demand and launched a full fledged GTX+ variant. How long would it have taken for them to add a panoramic sun roof and EPB as they have it in other markets and that is not something new or innovative.

Advanced High Strength steel - that can withstand a weight of 2 Adult African elephants.
Sounds very interesting. I guess this does apply to only the structure/ frame and not to the glass elements put on top ( big sun roof ).

Seltos too has Advanced High Strength Steel. But not sure about how much weight it can withstand in comparison to Creta. ( May be one Indian elephant ? ) I am guessing, since it doesn't have the big sunroof it might not need really need this extended strength. The one available on seltos should be rigid and sufficient enough.

But from a looks perspective, I feel the Seltos looks more handsome from inside out. Everything that is laid out ( interior panels, infotainment system, driver console) looks very appealing and seems spot on, except the rear end. It somehow does not compliment the front and side profile of the car. The front looks spectacular on the seltos. However the rear just does not gel well with front looks

Creta on the other hand reminds me of an old Ambassador car. Especially the way it is designed. The exterior design is a complete turn off. The interiors on the Creta are much better than the exterior. Other than that, is is pretty much a Seltos under the hood with some extra frills. Different wrapper for the same chocolate.

The center digital speedo console is exactly similar to what i most frequently use in my Hyundi verna fludic car. It just looks like the free Speedbot android app. I have linked that with the OBD port and connected it to a dedicated phone, mounted on the dash.
so there is no wow factor in creta.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-speedbot.jpg

Also the dials on the side in creta ( RPM, Engine Temp and fuel gauge) looks ugly.
Not as elegant as the one you find on Seltos.( Looks German - Like Audi)

What is even more disappointing when it comes to both Seltos and Creta are the stock tyres. ( JK and Good year ) One wanting a better ride quality will have to shell out extra bucks to upgrade the tires.

Overall i feel Creta is superior by only these three things over Seltos.

1) Panoramic sun roof with voice commands
2) EPB
3) Paddle shifters

Other connected car features is just a matter of software/firmware update.

Keeping my fingers crossed to see how Creta is priced.
I will then decide whether to buy Seltos or Creta.

Never before had i been in such a dilemma over the features list than on the actual Car itself.

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 6th March 2020 at 16:09. Reason: corrected the spelling mistake
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 16:30   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Creta out in the open:

Still cannot digest the rear looks of this 'Ultimate SUV'

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 7510
Size:  1.24 MB

Name:  12.PNG
Views: 6727
Size:  1.24 MB

Name:  14.PNG
Views: 6110
Size:  1.23 MB

Name:  13.PNG
Views: 6525
Size:  1.20 MB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th March 2020 at 16:32.
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 16:35   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

What matters is how it fares in the crash test. This looks more like a marketing thing than anything else. Like typical buying public "Magic matters more than logic"
nkrishnap is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 16:59   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

I have shortlisted Harrier AT and Seltos D AT for my next upgrade. After the news of Creta 2020, I was considering if it can be the wild card entry. However I am not able to digest the overall external design, both front and rear. Sometimes the design grows on you, but unfortunately new Creta is not appealing to me.

Yes, the feature list is long/exhaustive and the engines may be fantastic, but solely based on the external looks, I will find hard to convince myself to consider Creta.

I shall have a look in person to see if my perspective changes!
Old 6th March 2020, 17:02   #221
BHPian

I maybe in the minority but somehow the design grew on me with time.
Interiors look fantastic!
Nazaar25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 17:16   #222
Senior - BHPian

Creta walkaround and some pics. I am impressed with the interiors but coming to exterior, I find headlamps and taillamps just disproportionate and out of the place.

Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-c1.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-c2.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-c3.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 17:22   #223
BHPian

Quote:

Rear looks is one thing that is going to keep many prospective customers moving towards Seltos!
Wish they got the interiors changed & then copied Maruti by changing just the bumpers, some new Color scheme calling new edition.
The First gen Creta was best in terms of looks & proportions, I for one will always be a fan of that design!
Old 6th March 2020, 17:30   #224
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Creta walkaround and some pics.
Thanks for the pictures!

Looker or not, this sure is another winner from Hyundai and absolutely no prizes for guessing, the darker shades will outsell the lighter ones by a huge margin.
Old 6th March 2020, 17:31   #225
BHPian

Looks like the media channels were called up for the factory walk around and there would be many videos floating by tomorrow 11 AM.
One such walk around video of different variants

Edit note: removed the link as it has been posted earlier. But looking forward to watch a good walkaround of the SX(O) DCT model tomorrow.

Last edited by D'Ro@dSt@r : 6th March 2020 at 17:42. Reason: Removed link
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks