Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2020, 13:57   #316
BHPian

re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

I got a call from my sales advisor on Tuesday that they have recieved 2 demo cars and would be putting those on display in their Advaith Hyundai ORR showroom from 10-Mar. I had taken off and thought of checking the car in flesh. These were a White SX(O) Turbo Petrol and a Black Diesel SX.
Both the color were looking great especially the black one. But I am waiting to see the Mulberry red color and then decide which one I would go with.

I must admit, I had a slight doubt in my mind about how the front will look in real and was also thinking about a plan B in case I don't like the front even a slight bit of it. But, the car looks much better in flesh and the design is very fresh and it deserves a in-person look before bashing it for odd and quirky looking design language
Here are few of my observations. Though I didn't took any pics as I wanted to spend time in feeling how the touch points are.

1. Build Quality - Doors were quite heavy and comparable to compass. Bonnet was also heavy with insulation provided in the turbo petrol model.
2. Boot Space - Seems adequate and would be somewhere around ~430L with no loading lip. The spare was a 16 inch steel wheel with apollo tyre. rest others where 17 Inch JK tyres. I feel this will surely make the ride more stiffer.
3. Interiors - Saw both the Black and the Black/Beige combinations. Black will only be available on the turbo line and looks upmarket and premium with a downside on cabin space looking small die to the dark color.
- Beige & black was looking good as well and felt airy. Only problem would be to maintain the white/Beige seats in our conditions.
4. Seats - Front seats were well cushioned and contoured. They will hold you well during tight turns.
- Perforated black leather with red stitching was also looking great.
- Rear seats were better cushioned and have better thigh support than seltos and compass. The recline will also give more comfort to the rear passengers.
5. Infotainment - The landscape screen was responsive and has small bezels. The buttons below the infotainment systems also felt upmarket and not the cheap ones.
6. ACC - This could have been designed better.
7. Wireless charging - Present below the ACC.
8. Glove box - Has a cooled glove box but was a size smaller as compared to others.
9. Pano roof - This is much better than the smaller sunroof given in seltos and it goes all the way back till the rear backrest. With the moonroof opened, it will surely make the cabin feel more airy(Black interiors)
10. Engine Bay - It was neatly laid out.

Apart from the above, the major points which I really like where the availability of Drive modes, EPB & paddle shifters. I am looking forward to the Test drive and the price reveal.

Difference between NA Petrol & Diesel SX(O) and Turbo Petrol SX(O)
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-creta-variants-diff.jpg
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 21:01   #317
BHPian

The launch date has been changed from 17th to 16th March. Expect updates on the same from official channels soon.
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 23:11   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthusiast View Post
Does the SX(O) turbo include all the features of standard SX(O) + additional features for the turbo engine or both have their own exclusive features ? From the brochure it looks like SX(O) turbo doesn't include 7inch instrument cluster, Bose speakers, ventilated seats, TPMS, electrochromic mirror etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
SX(O) 1.5 CVT/AT does not come with 17" alloys? Will be offered with 16' alloys?

How can these be called SX(O) !! They are the same as SX+ variants in Venue, loosing out some features which are present in manual SX(O).
The SX(O) Turbo petrol includes features from the normal SX(O) and additional features listed under the DCT variant.

Please read the brochure as features in addition to the ones from the lower variant(s). For example, S has features of EX plus additional features exclusive to S, and, SX has features of S plus additional features exclusive to SX, and so on.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 11:16   #319
Senior - BHPian

The walkaround video of 1.4L Turbo DCT SX Plus.

Old 12th March 2020, 12:11   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
The launch date has been changed from 17th to 16th March. Expect updates on the same from official channels soon.
Could not find any official updates on the date change for the launch as yet. Would this not clash with the launch of the 5th Gen Honda City on 16th? Or is Hyundai trying to overshadow the Honda Launch of its 5th Gen City?
Old 12th March 2020, 12:50   #321
BHPian

Have recieved this variant list from my sales advisor. Looks like there is a considerable difference in between the NA petrol/Diesel and the turbo petrol models.

Major diff are as follows:
1. Black inserts with dark chrome grill in turbo, whereas chrome with grey inserts in others
2. Black cladding and black roof rails in turbo, whereas silver cladding and roof rails in other models
3. Body color door handles in turbo vs chrome handles in others

Color options are also limited in turbo model
Available colors are polar white , black , deep Forest , dual color orange+black. (Mulberry red is exclusive to NA petrol n Diesel variants)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Creta Features.pdf (108.9 KB, 937 views)
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 13:34   #322
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Yes, the launch date was moved to 16th March - Link

Last edited by wheelguy : 12th March 2020 at 13:36.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 13:48   #323
BHPian

I just hope Hyundai prices the Automatics sensibly, especially the SC variants as that would rake in the maximum number of orders. The Seltos HTX IVT retails at around 15.5 - 16 Lakhs on-road. That's what their target price needs to be, if they undercut the same (highly unlikely) these guys are definitely going to take back the crown from its brother.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 15:32   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Color options are also limited in turbo model
Available colors are polar white , black , deep Forest , dual color orange+black. (Mulberry red is exclusive to NA petrol n Diesel variants)
I think you are reading it wrongly.

First line shows color available in all models including Turbo model.

The second line is dual color option - White + Phantom Black, Orange + Phantom Black and Deep forest - which are specific to Turbo model only.
Old 12th March 2020, 15:48   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
I think you are reading it wrongly.

First line shows color available in all models including Turbo model.

The second line is dual color option - White + Phantom Black, Orange + Phantom Black and Deep forest - which are specific to Turbo model only.
I spoke to my sales adviser and he did confirmed the non availability of the newly launched Mulberry Red color in the Turbo petrol models.

I would loved to be proved wrong as that was my pick and was about to update my booking with the Red color SX(O). I guess will wait till 16th to have a final feature list and color option.
Just wondering what would be the maths behind planning some exclusive colors for few variants..?
Old 12th March 2020, 15:50   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
The Seltos HTX IVT retails at around 15.5 - 16 Lakhs on-road. That's what their target price needs to be, if they undercut the same (highly unlikely) these guys are definitely going to take back the crown from its brother.

There's certainly some sibling rivalry brewing in the Korean camp. I'm keenly waiting to see Hyundai's pricing strategy and how will they place Creta alongside Seltos and whether they position Seltos as a slightly more premium offering. Though Kia is a Hyundai subsidiary, both companies operate independently and can expect them to be locking horns. My guess is Creta would find it hard to regain its lost crown.

With both cars having more or less same features, (some addition and omissions not withstanding) it may well boil down to the overall styling and looks that would decide where this duel would culminate.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th March 2020 at 15:54. Reason: Space after a punctuation mark.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 18:49   #327
BHPian

- Very incoherent design. Looks as if designers tried to compensate the lack of unique design features with bling/lighting. Tail and front both look weird.
- Interior looks fine and neat.
- Good to see that base variant is sufficiently equipped. We remember that when Creta launched, base variant was simply a compromise.
- pricing can be a crucial factor behind it's success / failure vis a vis Seltos.
Old 12th March 2020, 19:44   #328
Senior - BHPian

Base Seltos vs Base Creta. What would you gain on features between the two and what would you lose? Asking because I think the base variants will be priced very close to each other. So for someone wanting to buy base model and adding aftermarket parts later on, that would be very helpful info to have.

I haven't seen the Creta in person yet but I am guessing its taller and more butch looking than the Seltos.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 12th March 2020 at 19:45.
Old 12th March 2020, 19:57   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Base Seltos vs Base Creta..
Cant see a music system & Steering Mounted Audio in that leaked features list thats a big omission if true. Just check the PDF file posted a few posts above.
Old 12th March 2020, 21:32   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Base Seltos vs Base Creta. What would you gain on features between the two and what would you lose? Asking because I think the base variants will be priced very close to each other. So for someone wanting to buy base model and adding aftermarket parts later on, that would be very helpful info to have.

I haven't seen the Creta in person yet but I am guessing its taller and more butch looking than the Seltos.
Base E model misses on steering mounted calls and bluetooth functionality in comparison with Seltos base. A very very important omission I believe. However EX model gets it. But my pick will be S model as it has almost everything you require in your day to day driving. Above that it's only good to have features but not a necessity.

You are right. From pics Creta does look bigger than Seltos. Anyone has exact specifications? Can't find it anywhere. Even can't find info for boot space which I can guess is between 420-450 litres.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks