Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2020, 01:37   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

I believe EX will be the base variant for petrol?
Steering mounted audio button starts from the EX?

I can't stand the wheel covers on the S variant. It looks like an afterthought and downright repulsive.
Old 13th March 2020, 02:14   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Base E model misses on steering mounted calls and bluetooth functionality in comparison with Seltos base. A very very important omission I believe. However EX model gets it. But my pick will be S model as it has almost everything you require in your day to day driving. Above that it's only good to have features but not a necessity.
E and EX also misses out the rear parcel tray too. IIRC, the rear parcel tray costs around 7-8K for the outgoing Creta.
Old 13th March 2020, 04:14   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
I believe EX will be the base variant for petrol?
Steering mounted audio button starts from the EX?

I can't stand the wheel covers on the S variant. It looks like an afterthought and downright repulsive.
Yeah. EX is the base variant for petrol. Agree on the S variant wheel cover. Downright ugly. In fact people buying S variant should get them changed with EX variant which have a much better design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzerus View Post
E and EX also misses out the rear parcel tray too. IIRC, the rear parcel tray costs around 7-8K for the outgoing Creta.
That's costly. I was expecting it to be 3-4k. Maybe rather than buying from showroom an aftermarket one can be bought cheaply. I believe even the base variant of Nexon misses out on parcel tray but that only costs 3100. Very stupid omission from manufacturers.
Old 13th March 2020, 08:30   #334
Senior - BHPian

This comparison of Creta with Harrier doesnt make any sense to me. 1.5L Diesel vs 2.0L Diesel, there is simply no comparison.

Isn't harrier from a segment above ? Harrier should be compared with the likes of Compass, Tucson etc.
F150 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 09:57   #335
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
You did advise him about the brakes?
I am aware, but, because it is a completely new model, one can not say anything with certainty or speculate.

Will see how things pan out.
Old 13th March 2020, 10:18   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
You did advise him about the brakes?

Regards
Sutripta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am aware, but, because it is a completely new model, one can not say anything with certainty or speculate.

Will see how things pan out.
I was discussing the same thing with my brother regarding the brake issues on Creta. But since this is a new model in entirety and the SX and above models get rear disc brakes also, I hope it will be better than the earlier one. But we will be considering it only after TeamBHP review is out.
Old 13th March 2020, 10:19   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
This comparison of Creta with Harrier doesnt make any sense to me. 1.5L Diesel vs 2.0L Diesel, there is simply no comparison.

Isn't harrier from a segment above ? Harrier should be compared with the likes of Compass, Tucson etc.
+1. But dare I say, the compass ought to be compared with Creta and Seltos. It offers the same space, dimensions and the only thing keeping it out of the group is the price tag.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 10:44   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Base Seltos vs Base Creta. What would you gain on features between the two and what would you lose? Asking because I think the base variants will be priced very close to each other. So for someone wanting to buy base model and adding aftermarket parts later on, that would be very helpful info to have.
Common features between base Creta n Seltos:
ABS with EBD
Dual airbags
Tilt and power steering
Projector headlights
Manual AC
Rear AC vents
All 4 power windows
Parking sensors
Central locking
Driver seat height adjustable

Additional features in Creta in comparison with Seltos:
Turn indicators on ORVM
Electrically adjustable ORVM
Cooled glovebox
TPMS low type

Additional features in Seltos in comparison with Creta:
Rear disc brakes (diesel variant)
Shark fin antenna
2 din sound system with Bluetooth
Steering mounted audio controls
Sunglass holder

Note: Have tried listing only the main features in base variants, in reference with the available feature list. Might have missed few small features here and there.

Last edited by DLC5005 : 13th March 2020 at 10:46. Reason: Typo
DLC5005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 19:08   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
+1. But dare I say, the compass ought to be compared with Creta and Seltos. It offers the same space, dimensions and the only thing keeping it out of the group is the price tag.
If space and dimension is only what you are looking at, Mini would be in same segment as Baleno and i20 or Marazzo in same segment as Kia Carnival and Toyota Vellfire..
The engineering capability and mechanical prowess that goes into making Jeep is different. The brand image of Jeep in India is a segment above Kia or Hyundai. The next car in Jeep stable is > 60 lacs. It caters to a premium space. Compass is an entry to this premium club. Compass feels like a tank and is far better structurally built than Kia or Hyundai. Heck, the door panels on Seltos can be flexed by your right thumb. Try that on Jeep or Harrier. Gimmicky features are the reason why Koreans are good vfm now. Jeep has a structure which has been used as 4x4 and in trailhawk. There must be something there. What say?

P.S: I am not saying Jeep Compass is a value for money car.

Last edited by Roadster17 : 13th March 2020 at 19:21.
Roadster17 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 20:02   #340
BHPian

Hyundai has uploaded a video which has tips to avoid overheating of the DCT transmission.

D'Ro@dSt@r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 22:00   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Try that on Jeep or Harrier. Gimmicky features are the reason why Koreans are good vfm now. Jeep has a structure which has been used as 4x4 and in trailhawk. There must be something there. What say?
Agree to that thought. But then the enthusiasts are in a minority in our country and the sales figures show that with the Compass struggling slowly and steadily. Many people might just not even have anything else on their list but many more might be considering it in a list that also has the Creta and Seltos. Anyways let us not deviate and let the discussion on the new Creta go on.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 07:17   #342
BHPian

Got this brochure from a sales advisor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ‎Untitled.pdf (1.29 MB, 1119 views)
blueeyed is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 10:37   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020

The brochure opens with a song - "What good is the sun if it doesn't glow, what good is water if it doesn't flow....what good is an SUV if it isn't Creta?" - How poetic! Looks like they got an intern in marketing to write it in a hurry to speed up a badly delayed brochure

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 14th March 2020 at 10:41.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 11:24   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Creta's brochure scans ahead of launch:

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-1.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-2.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-3.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-4.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-5.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-6.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-7.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-8.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-9.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-10.jpg

Thanks to a good friend on Whatsapp.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 12:36   #345
BHPian

Just went to have a quick look at the Creta (in the flesh) at a dealership in Noida. They had the top spec SX(O) Turbo Petrol variant in black standing in their showroom.

Here are my (personal) views/observations. All members and viewers are free to agree/disagree with me!
Also, sorry but I was on a time limit (had an upcoming meeting) so could not take any pictures. (But apparently had the time for a quick overview of the car!)
--

The exterior was looking quite alright. I mean I do understand the other views/comments on this thread regarding this and I must say that it doesn't look all that bad once you actually see it in person. Sure there are, and will be, polarizing views, but I think if one was to get this car, he/she wouldn't mind the looks. I get how important exterior features are when you are buying a car, but we are all going to spend the maximum time inside the car. (more on the interiors later)

They also had a silver SX variant standing there, and I would go for that colour instead of the black. It looked much more elegant and poise. Also for the people that don't like that silver plastic panel, silver colour is the way to go. Can't comment on the other colours, since I haven't seen them yet.

On to the Interiors:

FRONT
So went ahead and took in seat inside. Now I've sat in the previous Creta and I must say that this is definitely a few steps above that in terms of the layout and quality. The plastics, switches, placement it all very good and also feels good to the touch. Now this is no BMW, or Audi, so yes, you will feel in "some" places the tactile feel "could" have been better, but nothing really to complain about. I did however find that the front seats are a tad bit narrow, and larger folks might feel this change. (I myself am pretty slim built and around 5'8", so had no issues. But my dad who is 6 feet felt this) This might be due to the large (and wide) center console as this takes up a lot of space in the middle. Props to Hyundai for including an E-brake as this frees up a lot of space in the center to store knick-knacks. It has a good driving position and a great view out over the bonnet, so that felt good. The screen is placed slightly lower than Seltos (as some people have mentioned online) but quite reachable nonetheless.
(I own a Seltos GTX+ as well, so have a good idea about this point at least)
The paddle shifters also felt great to the touch and upon pressing them, gave a good feedback. (on a stationary car at least!) The alloys that were placed on this car were NOT the diamond cut alloys that we all thought would be on the top spec SX(O) variant. Surprise surprise!

REAR
Coming to the rear, the seats are well cushioned. They have really good under thigh support, which is amazing, considering the size of this car and the segment. Even my Seltos doesn't have this level of support at the back. However after further examination of the seat, I realized that this id due to the recline of the rear seat. If you recline the seat to the second position (furthest to the back towards the boot) only then you can get a "good" level of under thigh support. If you change the angle back to towards the front (less recline) then some of this support is lost. The windows seem to be a bit larger than the previous gen Creta, and come equipped with the rear sun blinds (which is a damn good relief considering the weather in Delhi NCR!) The panoramic sunroof also adds a great feel to the cabin, as it is decked in all black interiors. I know many people like this as it adds a bit of sportiness to the feel.
So overall seems to be a comfortable place to be in at the back.

I know this post is quite long, so I will wrap it up with some closing thoughts really quick!

First point:
I don't understand why they could not include a 360 camera. I mean my Seltos has it, so why not include it here as well. They've pretty much got everything else here.

Second point:
And on the camera front, when I put this car into reverse, I saw the reverse camera and was shocked. The resolution was NOT GOOD AT ALL. I don't know if this is just an issue with this particular piece, but when compared to the Seltos (which is the car that will be used for all comparison's) it was not on the same level. Seltos's camera (even if you exclude the 360) has a smooth and crisp resolution.

Third point:
I mentioned above that many people will like the all black interiors in the top spec SX(O) but I really wish Hyundai would have offered a dual tone (like in the Seltos) colour scheme as well. I know for a fact that a lot of people prefer that look as well. (This might be a nitpicking, but when you are shelling out 20 good ones, I think its justified)

Last point: (I promise!)
Why is there no diamond cut alloys in this TOP SPEC SX(O) model? I did not like the ones on this car one bit! I mean come on Hyundai, don't shortchange us on things like this. When a company says top spec, it should look and feel top spec. I don't mind paying a bit extra, if it makes me feel good about my car.

In any case guys, I hope you managed to reach the end of this post. I may have missed out on some things here and there as this is a very long post, so apologies for that. Just wanted to try and cram in as much information as I could for everyone.

I myself have booked the top spec SX(O) in white, but might change to silver. Already have like 3 white cars!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th March 2020 at 12:54. Reason: Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP.
TkyoPandaMan is offline   (19) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks