Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2020, 23:50   #361
BHPian

re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hearing from a birdie that the EX MT will be priced at Rs 11 lakh, ex-showroom(Rs 12.70L OTR).
Petrol or diesel? If diesel then means they are undercutting the seltos by 50k which has the HTK D at 11.54.
rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 02:11   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hearing from a birdie that the EX MT will be priced at Rs 11 lakh, ex-showroom(Rs 12.70L OTR).
Thanks for the updates, RavenAvi sir.

As far as I remember, the outgoing BS4 Creta had ex-showroom prices in Bangalore as below, for EX variant:
1.6 Petrol : 10.85L
1.4 Diesel : 11.01L

So my guess is, incase the new Creta is priced as 11L ex-showroom, then it will be around 14L+ Onroad for diesel, Bangalore.

Just for comparison, in the 11L ex-showroom range, Seltos has below variants:
Diesel HTK : 11.54L
Petrol HTK+ : 11.49L

So, the Creta is undercutting Seltos by 50k. (assuming diesel EX competes with diesel HTK)
I think Creta's others variants too might undercut Seltos price, or atleast will be neck to neck with prices.

Last edited by DLC5005 : 15th March 2020 at 02:21. Reason: Added
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 10:14   #363
BHPian

Thank you all for the updates and the photos and it really helps to be aware of whats coming our way. When the next gen Verna was launched, I was never a big fan of its front looks while the rear looked nice with those leds, and I ended up buying the petrol 1.6 sx. So I think you never really know when you start liking a car and end up buying it one fine day, lots of intrinsic values also play a big role apart from just the exteriors look and feel. So this time around, I really like both the front and real design of the 2020 Creta and am sure with the Hyundai peace of mind, it will be yet another runaway success story. I just wished the alloys in SX was a shade darker. Best wishes Creta!
purb_du is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 10:55   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
In-showroom review of all new Hyundai Creta by a Youtuber in Hindi
Keeps coming into my suggestions list on YouTube for some strange reason, he is a notorious YouTuber who installs absolutely the worst possible accessories/upholstery from roadside shops (the apple of the eye of Karol Bagh), knows zero about cars and butchers every technical term on earth that is automobile related.

Yet he garners 1 million odd subscribers.. one can only wonder in absolute shock.

That apart I find the front stance of the car very modern yet elegant, the rear is a bit oddball though that too will be accepted by the buyers in time, wish the middle line of the rear lamp was absent. The interior is a bit quirky (dashboard), I like the Tucson's traditional layout much better. The panoramic roof has zero purpose in India I feel.

Last edited by dark.knight : 15th March 2020 at 11:19.
dark.knight is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 11:15   #365
Senior - BHPian

In most countries, Hyundai starts at similar prices to Kia and their top end models stretch beyond Kia top end models. For example, Palisade starts at comparable prices to Telluride or even slighly lower and then goes beyond it for the top end variants. The intention is to position Hyundai as a slightly more premium offering compared to Kia. I assume they will follow the same strategy here. Start almost same or slighly lower than Seltos with the top end Creta going beyond top end Seltos.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 12:15   #366
Senior - BHPian

As the launch is tomorrow here are the estimated prices of the Hyundai Creta 2020 starting from Rs 9.99 Lakhs.
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-smartselect_20200315120753_chrome.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 13:50   #367
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the new Creta yesterday at a nearby Hyundai showroom.

To be frank I liked it a lot more that the pictures. The showroom was a small one so I am not sure that accentuated the size but I felt it have a good road presence, more than the Seltos.

The variant on display was the top end SX(O) turbo petrol. It was white in color which looked very nice. It also damped the silver finish on the side which I feel doesn't look good on the blue and red variants. However in the white shade the black trim and red taillamps are well highlighted. The turbo has a black chrome grill surround and the grill itself is black and very well detailed and finished.

The alloys looked a bit busy but plain. A black finish may have been better. Or some machined or diamond cut accents. The wheels fill the wells quite when and it does not look undertyred which was never an issue with Hyundais anyway.

The interiors look plush. More so than the Seltos I felt. Everything has a quality feel and finish. The black interiors was something that I appreciated a lot. The accents are well balanced. Not going overboard like the Seltos which overdid it in the GT Line a bit. The graphics on the MID is slick and very well done. The infotainment panel too looks very good and gives you a feel of a segment above. To me it felt a much better package than the Seltos and the one I'll put my money down for if I am in the market for one.

It has three drive modes eco, comfort and sport and three traction modes snow, mud and sand. However how does this work? Are you either in a drive mode or a traction mode?

One miss for me though was the placement of the turn indicator which is low down in the bumper. This reduces visibility to pedestrians, other drivers etc. It should have been merged with the drls on top of the headlamps like in Venue and the new Brezza.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200314_151948220.jpg  

shibujp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 15:35   #368
BHPian

If the silver panel is made black, IMO it suits the car quite well.

**Ignore the amateur work
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200315_152020.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200315_153136.jpg  

gk.93 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 15:57   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
I fully agree. That side silver panel is an eyesore. Especially in dark shades. At least white car masks it. They should have it in gloss black. But no matt black please. Matt looks old, worn and attracts dust. The other sore point is the blinker. They should have let the DRLs double as blinkers, as is the trend these days.

The car looks good in black. It's not looking as bad now as it did when I first saw the pics. BTW, I am yet to see one in real. I'm sure it will look a lot better in real.
Old 15th March 2020, 16:31   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I fully agree. That side silver panel is an eyesore. Especially in dark shades. At least white car masks it. They should have it in gloss black. But no matt black please. Matt looks old, worn and attracts dust. The other sore point is the blinker. They should have let the DRLs double as blinkers, as is the trend these days.

The car looks good in black. It's not looking as bad now as it did when I first saw the pics. BTW, I am yet to see one in real. I'm sure it will look a lot better in real.
They do have that option of blackened panel along with black roof in the dual tone variants in the 1.4 turbo in white and lava orange colour. Although very few photos and videos of those dual tone variants available.
Old 15th March 2020, 16:46   #371
Senior - BHPian

Or you know they can stop this stupid multi coloured panel trends and paint it in whatever colour the rest of the body is in?

Seriously that panel on the black SX display car made it look like the vehicle had an accident and an owner made jugaad with whatever coloured panel he could find.
Old 15th March 2020, 16:51   #372
BHPian

Quote:

**Ignore the amateur work
This sliver panel although looks ugly, hides the non-cohesiveness in design very well. The point where the rear door ends and joins the d pillar is so terrible on this, makes me wonder which other car has such toyish design apart from Aura. Hyundai will be able to pull of this Creta only because of the lack of proper competition.
Old 15th March 2020, 17:19   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
Kia almost treats the 1.5 L petrol as a step-son, not giving it safety features, technology, etc.
Hyundai might have improved things on the IVT after the DCT Heating Issues started to get reported everywhere. So in a way they can convince customers who are concerned about DCT Issues and want a Petrol within the Creta variants itself.

Here is how a potential customer can be retained:

Salesman: Sir, I recommend the Top End Creta SX(O) DCT which comes with all the bells and whistles

Informed Customer: I have read about DCT Heating issues everywhere and my usage is in bumper to bumper traffic.
  • I do not want to go for a DCT.
  • I do not want to compromise by going for a Manual.
  • Diesel is a No-No - you never know when our Govt will ban them.

Salesman: Sir, please go for the loaded Creta IVT which has all the features you need and is a Petrol Automatic. And you will get a double digit mileage as well.

Informed Customer: < Signs the Cheque>
vsrivatsa is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 18:32   #374
BHPian

Quote:
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The other sore point is the blinker. They should have let the DRLs double as blinkers, as is the trend these days.

Doesn't that turn indicator in the front at that height also be a safety issue?

Oncoming traffic/people may not be able to notice it which is a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
They do have that option of blackened panel along with black roof in the dual tone variants in the 1.4 turbo in white and lava orange colour. Although very few photos and videos of those dual tone variants available.

Yup, dual tone variants of the 1.4 L turbocharged petrol in the SX and SX(O) variants offer that blackened C-pillar.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200315_182529.jpg  

Old 15th March 2020, 19:58   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post

Doesn't that turn indicator in the front at that height also be a safety issue?

Oncoming traffic/people may not be able to notice it which is a problem.
Yes, it is. Not just oncoming. If you are overtaking a Creta and have just passed its ORVM and then if that Creta turns its indicator on, you would miss it. In cars like Seltos, Harrier, Venue, Hector where DRLs double as indicator, the amber glow would be visited as they are a little wraparound the edges.

Ditto with low-mounted taillights of new Creta. If a truck is tailgating very closely in a b-to-b crawl and if a Creta in front applies brake, the trucker may miss those low-down tail-lights. Even the third brake-light is lowered from ceiling level to belt-line level. These are ok in countries where they maintain sufficient distance while tailgating.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed