Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2020, 14:22   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

My friend is interested in diesel E variant. However, we are not able to find any interior pics and variant isn't even available at the showroom to have a look. Anyone here was able to clicked any?
Old 18th March 2020, 14:34   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin V.W. View Post
I’m not a fan of split headlamps design but surely it will divide opinions.

I have a newbie question.

How this design will withstand front small impacts in day to day life ? Say, a sudden braking from vehicle in front. Generally, in other regular cars, the impacts will be mostly absorbed by front bumper which is relatively lesser costly in repair / replacement. How this design will flair in those situations ?
It will fare badly, in even low speed impacts.

The bumpers of the past, which used to protude out by 5-10mm have disappeared.

In event of a minor frontal impact, the below are the potential write offs:
1. Grill
2. Headlamp/DRL. Most of the headlamp units nowadays come as a set, including the LEDs/lamps.
3. Bumper
4. Bonnet (tinkering could salvage this)
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:08   #468

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Could owners of the diesels and petrols(both manual and automatic) let me know what the mileage received is both in city and highway conditions?

Maddy
I have gtx+ diesel auto
City: 10-11kmpl
Highway: 16-17 kmpl
Old 18th March 2020, 15:14   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
It will fare badly, in even low speed impacts.

The bumpers of the past, which used to protude out by 5-10mm have disappeared.

In event of a minor frontal impact, the below are the potential write offs:
1. Grill
2. Headlamp/DRL. Most of the headlamp units nowadays come as a set, including the LEDs/lamps.
3. Bumper
4. Bonnet (tinkering could salvage this)
Thanks Abhishek.

My 2006 Swift endured many such impacts and it did fairly well. Even my new Baleno, though delicate in comparison to Swift, hopefully will also do ok in terms of these kind of situations mainly because of it's front design as the bumper protrudes a little. But New Creta lacks that and it seems even a small impact will hit that large grill directly. That is worrisome to me.
Old 18th March 2020, 15:30   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
People have always installed audio systems from outside when it doesn't come installed in the car, there will certainly be no problem with the warranty.

Also in my experience a lot of members in this community fear voiding warranty and avoid a lot of things, in my experience those are merely guidelines and i have never had any issue with warranty in my life.
I installed 205 50 r16 tyres in my City (OEM is 175 r15) i then had an issue with the brake discs which could have been related to my alloys but they replaced the discs free of cost not once but twice.
Stop this misinformation dealers can and have tagged cars before. This would mean that ASC's pan India would know your car has something voided warranty wise "Segmented".

Even if one buys the base variant that does not give you the permission to go and install something outside of the manufacturer network but you can buy the OEM audio and get it installed by the dealer. Also if one dealer does install a non-OEM things on car and one goes to another dealer for service it can be tagged as non-OEM.
Old 18th March 2020, 15:39   #471
BANNED

I would buy a Creta over the Seltos solely because it has the Infotainment "slab" precisely where it should be.

Someone told me, people spend a lot of money on buying good looking cars with mediocre interiors, and then sulking after realizing that they spend most of their time inside it, looking at other people's cars, because they cant see their own.
turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:40   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Stop this misinformation dealers can and have tagged cars before. This would mean that ASC's pan India would know your car has something voided warranty wise "Segmented".

Even if one buys the base variant that does not give you the permission to go and install something outside of the manufacturer network but you can buy the OEM audio and get it installed by the dealer. Also if one dealer does install a non-OEM things on car and one goes to another dealer for service it can be tagged as non-OEM.
With all due respect, this is not misinformation. People freely install all kinds of things with no problems, myself included and have claimed warranty without issues.

I'am not saying there can't be issues, in some specific cases or when the cost of repair is very high they might just want to dishonour the warranty, in most general cases they do not bother.

Audio system is the most common kind of modification, this has increasingly decreased in the past couple of years because OEM systems come pre installed in many cars and they are pretty good, but in other cases and in many lower end cars, people get audio systems installed from outside all the time, many a times they don't splice or slice any wires and just use proper clips and plugs to install it.

I say this with experience, since my childhood, of me and the cars around me, owned by friends and family, dealerships usually don't function by the book and do allow certain modifications to not hassle the customer unnecessarily.

Peace.

P.S : Also like i said, being a Creta owner i have aftermarket HID, DRLs which spliced the wire from the indicators since it is bi functional, rear taillamps are after market and so are the LED reflectors on the rear, my ORVM switch failed after all this which is a part of electrical system, they honoured the warranty no questions asked.
After one service the wire which powers the DRL which took its connection directly from battery came off, i told the advisor and he got it fixed instantly, it was not their job but they do help sometimes.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 18th March 2020 at 15:47.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 19:12   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Could owners of the diesels and petrols(both manual and automatic) let me know what the mileage received is both in city and highway conditions?

Maddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
I have a petrol automatic.

City - 7-8 km/l

Highway- 10-12 km/l
As a owner of Seltos HTK+ MT Petrol variant -

City - 8.5 kmpl, have seen this go down to 7kmpl in absolute jam packed roads and AC on full blast.
Highway - 13 kmpl (with heavy foot and north of 100kmph)

An observation -

I also own a Honda Civic with 86k + kms on the odo. It delivers 7-8 kmpl in city and 12 kmpl on highways, and it has a much more peppier 1.8L engine.
And it's shod with softer compound Continental tyres up front. Since the day I got the keys of this car, it was always filled with premium petrol.

I find Hyundai engines to be much less fuel efficient. (petrol).

Cheers - NA
na_agrawal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 21:11   #474
BHPian

This might be slightly but I do know that I'm not the only one thinking the backside of the new Creta is not a looker!

So here is something I was able to draw up using the stylus(S-Pen) on my phone and I think Hyundai should have inculcated this design instead of what they've currently done.

One request is to Imagine those tail lamps with the glossy LED details inside them. Any other design that would have suited the new Creta than the current one? Please feel free to share your opinions.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img20200318wa0048.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-20200318_195921.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-20200318_200235.jpg  

Mahven is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 21:52   #475
BHPian

Do y'all think SRK really drives a creta other than for publicity. For someone who has a 7 series, how would he feel in a creta

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-srk.jpg
panamera13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 22:23   #476
Senior - BHPian

He still drives his old Gypsy which you can spot here

His house in Mumbai still has a parked i10 from years which I was told was the car handed to him by Hyundai.

So yeah there's a good chance he will take out normal cars to not catch eyeballs on the road.
Nithesh_M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 05:25   #477
BHPian

Yesterday, one of my friends wanted to checkout the new Creta. So we had been to Lakshmi Hyundai Whitefield.

They had a Phantom Black 1.5 Creta petrol SX manual, which was kept for display earlier this week.
But the same vehicle was being offered for test drive from yesterday, the SA told that, possibly they will be getting a turbo variant test drive vehicle by next week.
So we are still waiting to test drive the turbo Creta.

Here are my observations with the short test drive we had:
Note:
All observations are basic and are in reference with our short test drive only. A longish test drive would have helped to understand better.
So please excuse me, incase I am wrong anywhere.

Overall looks:
1. The exterior doesn't look that bad to real eyes. The looks will surely grow on us, as and when we start seeing more Cretas on the road
2. The overall stance is good and has a good road presence
3. In comparison with Seltos, the Seltos wins hands down in exterior looks, its quite a looker

Exterior:
1. The front looks neat, but the grill design felt a bit too loud
2. The headlamps and DRLs looked nice and bright
3. The side profile is decent, would have been better without the silver strip or if it was at least having body color
4. Rear end has too many curves and lines. Black color hides them to some extent, while in other colors the rear surely look unpleasant
5. The doors, bonnet and boot lid felt heavy and panel gaps were uniform
6. The rear HMSL obviously looks out of place

Interiors:
1. The interior's look and feel is typical Hyundai, looks neat and upmarket
2. The dashboard has a nice layout and the big touchscreen is very well integrated (Miles ahead of my Duster). Glove box is a cooled one
3. The AC panel is a sore point, looks completely out of place in an otherwise well put dashboard
4. Steering size, grip, look was top-notch. (While many may not like the silver extensions in the middle)
5. All the buttons in the car felt premium and built to last
6. Seats are comfortable and one can get the perfect driving position easily
7. Front armrest is fixed and it would have been better if it was adjustable
8. Rear seat comfort is good. But, leg space for the middle passenger is limited because of protruding rear AC vents
9. The rear AC vents looks neat and functional. A USB charger with mobile holder is provided for rear passengers
10. Separate rear LED lights are provided near both rear grab handles(similar to my Crysta and Duster)
11. The recline angle of rear seats were adequate and the rear headrests with the additional cushion pillows felt comfy
12. The gear lever felt premium and good to hold
13. The boot space seems to be of similar size of earlier Creta. The SA was not sure on the exact size and told the size is approximate 410 liters.
(But coming from Duster's 475 liters, for me, every other car feels short of boot space)

Features:
1. The sunroof is of the right size and looks good
2. The panoramic roof is a nice feature and it also makes the cabin feel airy
3. The fabric covering of sunroof closes and opens via button (unlike a manual cover in few car's sunroof), but the cover itself felt a bit light in quality
4. The touch screen was responsive and clarity was good
5. A button is provided to activate the 'Driver rear view monitor', near gear lever. Helps in dense traffic and when someone is tailgating or when the rear view is not clear in the IRVM

The test drive:
1. No auto variants were available for test drive. Hopefully they will get a turbo variant by this month end
2. All round visibility is very good and no blind spots what so ever
3. The petrol 1.5 was butter smooth. Started without much noise and once started, we cannot make out if the car is off or idling
4. The gear slots well and in a very smooth manner. Was very easy to drive in the traffic
5. The engine pulls very well and doesn't feel under-powered
(How it performs on open roads and highways? Needs to be checked later on longish test drive)
6. The suspension too felt good and adequate
(But I feel my Duster's ride and suspension is better)
7. The breaking was very good, with all 4 disc brakes
8. Steering feels super light to operate, many might like this light feel and few may not (Personally I like if the steering gives more feedback and weighs accordingly)
9. The clutch feels smooth. All ABC pedals are well placed and spaced
10. NVH levels were again typical Hyundai, the cabin feels very silent

Other pointers:
1. AC cooling felt typical Hyundai and sufficient
2. The alloy's quality felt good, but the design is nothing to brag about.
A simple and neat design would have increased the looks
3. Paint quality feels decent for naked eyes
4. The greige parts of the dual tone interiors may get soiled out soon.
(I personally prefer the black interior of turbo variant, looks sporty and easy to maintain)
5. Hyundai has given almost all possible features, but additionally, if a 360° degree camera would have been given (like in Seltros), then it would have been icing on the cake
6. The Hyundai A.S.S is good enough to pull few customers towards it

Pricing: (Bangalore)
1. The cheapest variants of the lot are, the E diesel and Ex petrol. Both being priced at 12.2L onroad
2. The costliest variants are, the petrol DCT SX-O and diesel AT SX-O. Both being priced at 21.6L onroad
3. There are totally 6 auto variants. Out of which 5 variants crosses the 20L mark in Bangalore
4. With 20Lakh+ pricing, Creta is touching the Harrier, XUV500, Hexa, Innova territory

Verdict:
Exterior looks wise, Seltos takes the cake and interior wise it's the Creta (for me atleast). Seltos looks more mature overall than creta in many aspects.
The main selling point of Creta will be the features, automatic options in top end, good engine options and the brand name Creta.
With Seltos around, it will be a difficult task to be the sole winner in the segment for Creta.
We will get a proper picture on where it stands, few months down the lane.

PS:
Me and my friend are now waiting for the official Team-BHP review, to decide between Creta and Seltos.

Some pictures before concluding:

The Bangalore price list:
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-001-price.jpg

1. The front look:
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-01.jpg

2. The rear look:
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-02.jpg

3. Side profile, passenger side:
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-03.jpg

4. Side profile, driver side:
(Notice the silver strip running from A pillar to bottom of C pillar)
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-04.jpg

5. Side view:
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-05.jpg

6. Alloy wheel design on SX variant:
(shod with JK tyres 215/60-R17)
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-06.jpg

7. The headlight and DRLs:
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-07.jpg

8. Flat bottom steering wheel with silver extensions:
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-08.jpg

9. Dashboard layout:
(Notice the AC vents design and the stitched type pattern)
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-09.jpg

10. The HD touch screen system:
(Notice the fitting and buttons below)
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-10.jpg

11. AC panel. The only sore point in interior:
(Notice the 6 speed shifter with chrome lining)
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-11.jpg

12. The VIEW button next to gear lever:
(It activates/deactivates the rear view monitor)
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-12.jpg

13. Rear AC vents:
(Notice the mobile phone holder and USB charger)
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-13.jpg

14. The sunroof and panoramic roof:
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-14.jpg

Last edited by DLC5005 : 19th March 2020 at 05:43.
DLC5005 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 06:03   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
The consumers feel safer in SUVs compared to sedans or hatchbacks on highway, felt like a genuine reason to me.
Feeling safer is quite different from being actually safer. I've used my cousin's creta a fair bit. It had such a vague steering that after it hits 70-80 kmph you'll wonder whether you're holding a steering or a joy stick. Add to that it's bouncy nature on highways that compounds its notorious handling characteristics.

I've always believed that a car that handles well is a notch safer as it gives confidence to the driver no matter the safety features it's loaded with. A driver response/skill is the first line of safety in an emergency. For that to happen, he should have good feedback from steering and the car should have good poise.Old creta fails miserably in this aspect.

I haven't driven the new one yet. Knowing Hyundai, it won't be any different either. But it's cousin Seltos is in a different league when it comes to handling dynamics(for an suv) - just the sole reason I bought one.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 09:00   #479
BHPian

Reading couple of posts of people visiting showroom to check out the Creta. Wondering what is happening to “social distancing” concept that the government is repeatedly asking people to follow. Did not want to spoil the party but just curious about as citizens are we serious enough about the pandemic. Cheers.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 09:14   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
It had such a vague steering that after it hits 70-80 kmph you'll wonder whether you're holding a steering or a joy stick. Add to that it's bouncy nature on highways that compounds its notorious handling characteristics. Old creta fails miserably in this aspect.

I haven't driven the new one yet. Knowing Hyundai, it won't be any different either. But it's cousin Seltos is in a different league when it comes to handling dynamics(for an suv) - just the sole reason I bought one.
Hyundai-Kia share most of the know-how. The older Verna (pre-facelift), i20 and older Creta to my knowledge are all based on i20/PB Platform. So that could be the reason for your assessment this way. If you compare the Team-BHP reviews of the older Verna and the 2017 Verna - then there is a difference of night and day (in the positive direction) since the new Verna got the Elantra Platform.

Coming to the Seltos and Creta - they both share the same Elantra Platform also known as K2 platform which is jointly owned by Hyundai-Kia. So the chances that the Creta will behave in the same league as Seltos is very high.

Apart from the cosmetics and appearance, internally the Creta and Seltos are 80% the same vehicle.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 19th March 2020 at 09:16.
vsrivatsa is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed