Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2020, 12:11   #736
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
We were on the lookout for a petrol AT.
Did you even consider the seltos or being a previous gen creta owner it was the obvious choice?
Old 18th July 2020, 12:36   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We were on the lookout for a petrol AT and I called up the local Hyundai guys yesterday to casually enquire about the availability of the IVT in either White or Black. They replied in the negative by checking out the factory stock which was empty and said I won't get one till after 5th August, if I booked yesterday itself.
Congratulations! IVT is the variant to go for. I was tempted by pano-roof to the point of booking one but couldn't get past its weird looks. If Seltos had this, I would have booked in a heartbeat. But, after reading about the brake, steering issues I backed out. You are a brave-heart.

Let's hope you have wonderful time with it.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 14:06   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I guess you hold a new BHPian (or even national) record for most car purchases in a span of 5 years
Maybe a record for having the worst luck in Team-BHP - engine check lights and subsequent car stalling, stuck windows which refused to roll down, vibrating dashboards, near-fatal brake failure, clutch + gear shifting problems, recall work forcibly done when car wasn't part of a recall in the first place then putting all blame on me, pathetic after sales services, dealership fights, corporate VCs which demanded explanations, the list goes on.

More than the car, the experience of owning one decides the longevity of car ownership, IMO. The only time I was blessed with a good piece and good servicing was with the 2012 Honda City, which I stupidly sold off after 2 years. I am still regretting that decision.

Yes, we have a 2019 Magna+, which completed 1 year on 12th July and went for it's 2nd Free Service recently. Details here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Did you even consider the seltos or being a previous gen creta owner it was the obvious choice?
The Seltos AT was in consideration too. But no Kia dealership or service center within 300 kms range, and I am not taking a risk of traveling to another city during these times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
So you're buying an XUV500 and the new creta in one go? Must say both are polar opposites as one is newly launched without reviews and the other as you said, has practicality even though very aged.
Deferred our 7-seater purchase. (Details)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
IVT is the variant to go for. I was tempted by pano-roof to the point of booking one but couldn't get past its weird looks. If Seltos had this, I would have booked in a heartbeat. But, after reading about the brake, steering issues I backed out. You are a brave-heart.

Let's hope you have wonderful time with it.
Quote:
Any reasons to choose a slightly controversial designed Creta over a Seltos?
The design grows on you with time. The first time I laid my eyes on the car, I had completely dismissed it. Then I started to see 10-11 cars in the city and slowly it grew with me. The rear is the most sore point of the car, design-wise, but from the front, side and front three-quarters, the coupe-like SUV-ish lines look decent and futuristic. And of course, the number of gizmos inside and the fabulous interior quality adds to the pull. Let's see if the rear can be made livable by a few tweaks which I have in mind.

I have been repeatedly assured by a few well-placed sources that Hyundai has taken the Creta negatives seriously and have worked hard on them with this all-new gen. Also, a few owners who have already driven their new Cretas for more than 2,000 kms are reporting that the braking has improved and now instills confidence at both city & highway speeds.

I guess we will find out in time.

As our very own Bachchan saab reflects:

Quote:
“.. and in these moments doth the mind trace back events words, incidents as vividly as one can ever imagine .. distinct, precise, specific and with the clarity of its occurrence .. and you wonder .. wonder what transpired as a result of it .. and you wonder whether it should or could have been done differently ... but wonder as much you may .. fated decisions remain fated.”

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th July 2020 at 14:29. Reason: added Big B's quote.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 14:42   #739
BHPian

Quote:
The Seltos AT was in consideration too. But no Kia dealership or service center within 300 kms range, and I am not taking a risk of traveling to another city during these times.
Had the Kia dealership and service centre been in your city would you have gone for the seltos over creta?
Old 18th July 2020, 15:06   #740
BHPian

Quote:
The design grows on you with time. The first time I laid my eyes on the car, I had completely dismissed it. Then I started to see 10-11 cars in the city and slowly it grew with me. The rear is the most sore point of the car, design-wise, but from the front, side and front three-quarters, the coupe-like SUV-ish lines look decent and futuristic. And of course, the number of gizmos inside and the fabulous interior quality adds to the pull. Let's see if the rear can be made livable by a few tweaks which I have in mind.

I have been repeatedly assured by a few well-placed sources that Hyundai has taken the Creta negatives seriously and have worked hard on them with this all-new gen. Also, a few owners who have already driven their new Cretas for more than 2,000 kms are reporting that the braking has improved and now instills confidence at both city & highway speeds.

Hello Sir, I was quite surprised to read about your interest in going in for the New Creta, against your earlier decision of canceling the booking since it didn't quite interest you. But like you mentioned here, it's true that it does grown on you. Additionally, the top-end spec in the Mulberry Red or even the Blue shade with those drool-worthy Diamond cut wheels looks the best, IMHO.

Here's hoping you have a great experience with the New Creta, and let it be as fuss-free as you 2012 City ownership.
Needless to say, looking forward to a detailed ownership review akin to your 1st-gen review, if not better.

Welcome back to the club sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqhead View Post
Hello friends,
So finally, today got the delivery of my car. The dealership delivered it at my doorstep. As promised available by 15th july, I chose to take delivery today i.e. 16th july. Nice experience overall of the interaction with Hyundai GM and executives. Posting a couple of pics
Congrats Buddy! The car looks beautiful in that shade of Silver!!
I thought that the new Creta looks good only in the Red and Blue. But the White & Silver and no less either. Having said that, major credit goes to those sweet looking diamond cut wheels. They truly accentuate the looks of the car.

Wishing you many miles ahead mate!

P.S.: A neat gloss black roof wrap (inducing the spoiler) will simply look the part IMHO.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th July 2020 at 23:39. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Extra smiley.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 15:56   #741
Senior - BHPian

Have to admit, it looks best in silver. Earlier, I thought it was maroon and black which were best. But now I know why. That thick silver panel c-pillar which sticks out like a sore thumb on dark shades, just blends in on silver car.

Do share your driving impressions, Raven. Like, acceleration, 0 to 100 timings, overtaking ability etc. Like I said, IVT is the one to go for, for peace of mind. No turbo worries. No transmission heating issues. You will have a blissful ownership.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 16:13   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe a record for having the worst luck in Team-BHP - engine check lights and subsequent car stalling, stuck windows which refused to roll down, vibrating dashboards, near-fatal brake failure, clutch + gear shifting problems, recall work forcibly done when car wasn't part of a recall in the first place then putting all blame on me, pathetic after sales services, dealership fights, corporate VCs which demanded explanations, the list goes on
I was completely unaware of this, and if I recall, you bought models which in general are perceived to be fairly trouble-free, if not extremely reliable. That shows that reliability is only a luck of the draw, and no stereotyping will help zero down to a good car. I also agree that if the ownership is not perfect (in terms of reliability) then owning the car is pointless, fun to drive or not.

In the end all car manufacturers and service stations will stick to their stubborn opinion and not do anything to make a car perfect, they will either replace the parts fully or say the existing car is normal and good enough.

Now I agree with your decision, since reliability is of special importance this time around, its better to buy a car with bare minimum superfluous features since there'll be less that'll go wrong. I've personally had no problem in a Hyundai, so here's to hoping that you'll get the same experience as well with the present garage of i20 and Creta, the IVT is the least temperamental of all auto transmissions so that's a bonus too.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 17:27   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to all.

This is truly music to the ears while I wait for the delivery of my Lava Orange & Black Creta SX DCT which is expected by July end. Yes, I have traded marginally higher reliability of the IVT and additional features of SX(O) for the driving pleasure of the 1.4. I had initially booked the black SX(O) IVT but later changed as I liked the black interiors of the turbo more, the lava orange dual tone colour which is exclusive for the DCT variant and the driveability, although havent driven the 1.5 IVT powertrain either in Creta or Seltos. Drove the 1.4 and liked it. I guess the Venue DCT and Seltos GTX have not given much troubles apart from the very occasional incident and the heating anxieties.
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 18:12   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I feel the SX(O) alloys are not available as an accessory because SX(O) comes with a highline TPMS system whereas variants lower than SX get a lowline TPMS, so to prevent a malfunction I guess those alloys are not available as an accessory

Congratulations on your new car sir!
Thanks CEF_Beasts. Will ask my dealer about SX(O) alloys as an accessory item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
No! Just bugged the man every day until he must've decided that he's better off getting rid of me ASAP
Welldone, thats one way of getting things done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Congrats Buddy! The car looks beautiful in that shade of Silver!!
I thought that the new Creta looks good only in the Red and Blue. But the White & Silver and no less either. Having said that, major credit goes to those sweet looking diamond cut wheels. They truly accentuate the looks of the car.

Wishing you many miles ahead mate!

P.S.: A neat gloss black roof wrap (inducing the spoiler) will simply look the part IMHO.
Thanks ashvek3141 for the wishes, I went for the silver creta as a hunch. The car looks damn sexy with these alloys. I had the test drive in a white car and it looked smaller and more venue like and I could make out that the side silver inserts are making it look sportier and more compact. These inserts merge with body colour in silver and I am also surprised with the difference in observation.
Regarding the glossy roof wrap...can you send a pic showing how much top area will it cover?
Teqhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 19:55   #745

I'm thinking of booking the Creta 1.5 CRDi AT SX. Can any BHPian tell me how early a delivery is made in Andhra Pradesh. The local dealer says two months. Has anybody any idea? Please let me know.
Old 18th July 2020, 20:23   #746

Recently got EX model (P) in Titan grey.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_1.jpeg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_2.jpeg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_3.jpeg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_4.jpeg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_5.jpeg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_6.jpeg  

cbshi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 21:53   #747
BHPian

Quote:
We were on the lookout for a petrol AT and I called up the local Hyundai guys yesterday to casually enquire about the availability of the IVT in either White or Black. They replied in the negative by checking out the factory stock which was empty and said I won't get one till after 5th August, if I booked yesterday itself.

Pulled a few strings, made a few calls, and received a call 30 minutes later that a White SX IVT is in transit (together with a Red diesel SX AT) and is scheduled to dock and get unloaded on Sunday. Checked the brochure thoroughly and decided that we can live without the other features in the SX(O) - fully digital MID, ventilated seats, Bose system, etc., but I'll miss the extra 4 airbags.

Quote:
I had initially thought of the Creta S MT diesel @ 12.77 lakhs ex-showroom (around 14.8 lakhs OTR) because wife is a big fan of Hyundai, but it being a 5-seater, my previous brake failure & near-fatal accident, and the new generation looks which didn't click with me, made me strike it off.

Then I discussed with wife and family and wife was all for stretching for the Creta SX MT diesel @ 14.51 lakhs, ex-showroom. I reasoned that if we are stretching that much and have no real use of the panoramic sunroof and other blingy stuff inside & outside, why not get the XUV500 W7 at 14.48 lakhs?

Sir, last time, You were considering Creta S/SX diesel MT, but now, it seems you are going to have Creta SX Petrol IVT (CVT). Any specific reason for such change, or because of petrol-diesel price parity , diesel engine has lost its sheen.

Since official Team-BHP review of this car is pending, I just want to know the exact reason why buyers are getting risk averse for Creta's DCT, but are quite enthusiastic for Venue's DCT.
Old 18th July 2020, 22:05   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbshi View Post
Congratulations and those alloys look smoking hot.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 23:54   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Had the Kia dealership and service centre been in your city would you have gone for the seltos over creta?
It would have been a strong contender, then. Possibly I would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Do share your driving impressions, Raven. Like, acceleration, 0 to 100 timings, overtaking ability etc. Like I said, IVT is the one to go for, for peace of mind. No turbo worries. No transmission heating issues. You will have a blissful ownership.
Well, the IVT will see most of it's duties inside the city limits for now. Also, we are going to go through another 15 days of lockdown from 21st July. So the 0-100 timings + highway performance feedbacks will have to wait.

I shall compile a report though, time permitting, detailing the urban performances of the IVT.

Thank you, bud.

Quote:
I was completely unaware of this, and if I recall, you bought models which in general are perceived to be fairly trouble-free, if not extremely reliable. That shows that reliability is only a luck of the draw, and no stereotyping will help zero down to a good car. I also agree that if the ownership is not perfect (in terms of reliability) then owning the car is pointless, fun to drive or not.
The only one which stayed with us for a fair bit of time between 2012-2020 was the Maruti Swift, from 2014 to 2018. Car had absolutely no issues either, and the dealership service backup was stellar. Sold because Dad was having real trouble driving a manual and he needed to have an Automatic.

If only I had known back then how bitter my future relationship with the Tata dealership was going to be..

Quote:
In the end all car manufacturers and service stations will stick to their stubborn opinion and not do anything to make a car perfect, they will either replace the parts fully or say the existing car is normal and good enough.
What do you do when you are called up and told that your car's VIN is part of a company recall and needs to be brought in for some urgent fixes, car's taken in and fixes are done, and only later you are told by the company itself that it was a mistake and your car wasn't supposed to be fixed?
And then the people involved in this entire mess dump all blame on you and tell the company that you forced them to get those fixes done, just so that they could save their own skin?

As if a new car owner is mad enough to take his 1 month "new" car in and get it opened up from head to toe.

That was the Tata dealership, and the car in question was my 2018 Tata Nexon XZ+ diesel.

Quote:
Now I agree with your decision, since reliability is of special importance this time around, its better to buy a car with bare minimum superfluous features since there'll be less that'll go wrong. I've personally had no problem in a Hyundai, so here's to hoping that you'll get the same experience as well with the present garage of i20 and Creta, the IVT is the least temperamental of all auto transmissions so that's a bonus too.
Thank you, my friend. I am hoping for a long ownership this time around, so praying sincerely too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Yes, I have traded marginally higher reliability of the IVT and additional features of SX(O) for the driving pleasure of the 1.4.
The 1.4 Turbo is not a city machine. It begs to be floored on open highways. In these Covid times, I doubt we will see many highway runs for the next year at least, if not more. Maybe, except for emergencies.

Also, like you said, city traffic specially B2B might tend to overheat the DCT. Not sure if Hyundai's tech would be much different than the VAG's - the DCT here is a dry-clutch unit too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankur@VNS View Post
Sir, last time, You were considering Creta S/SX diesel MT, but now, it seems you are going to have Creta SX Petrol IVT (CVT). Any specific reason for such change, or because of petrol-diesel price parity, diesel engine has lost its sheen.
Requirements were different then. Now the plans for a big 7-seater diesel are on hold for at least a year, and the main requirement is for an automatic urban runabout which can be driven by 3 driving members of the household, 2 of whom are more comfortable with an AT and the 3rd member (myself) has developed sacro-lumbar problems (levoscoliosis) lately which has progressively worsened in the past couple months, making driving an MT a really laborious task.

And, yes, the running doesn't warrant a diesel + the close pricing of petrol-diesel is also a factor. Plonking extra money for a diesel which won't see much running would be foolish now.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th July 2020 at 23:57. Reason: a point added.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 00:06   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbshi View Post
Congrats on your new ride! Nice choice of Silver alloys there. Good contrast for the grey shade.
Must say, GTR Pro have some great looking alloy designs. I too recently got one for my Creta.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed