Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2020, 00:17   #751
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Respective owners do comment on the usability of the auto hold function while driving in city traffic.
Old 19th July 2020, 00:19   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
We were on the lookout for a petrol AT and I called up the local Hyundai guys yesterday to casually enquire about the availability of the IVT in either White or Black. They replied in the negative by checking out the factory stock which was empty and said I won't get one till after 5th August, if I booked yesterday itself.

Fired off a booking amount yesterday night and got the car allocated to myself. Should pick it up on Monday or Tuesday after a detailed PDI.
Bhai Congrats and wish you a long lasting ownership , Last i read you had booked a XUV500. I Guess i have lost track of your car booking record

Just an honest suggestion. Stretch your budget once for all an buy a Toyota. You must be losing big time in Depreciation of your cars.
karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 00:27   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
You must be losing big time in Depreciation of your cars.
Not true for all his cars for his creta he got a great deal when he sold it even better than what he would have got with a toyota.

Last edited by sv97 : 19th July 2020 at 00:28.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 11:09   #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Congratulations and those alloys look smoking hot.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Congrats on your new ride! Nice choice of Silver alloys there. Good contrast for the grey shade.
Must say, GTR Pro have some great looking alloy designs. I too recently got one for my Creta.
Thanks! And yes, it was a conscious choice for the contrast and also, gels well with the silver c-pillar and roof rail.
cbshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 17:11   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Here she is, unloaded from the delivery truck at 3:15 PM today afternoon and after an initial wash.

ODO reading is 14 kms.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200719_160710.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200719_162357.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200719_162403.jpg

She's passed her PDI with flying colours. Bringing her home by tomorrow evening, once the paperwork is done.

Have to think of a good name for her.
RavenAvi is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 19:51   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Here she is
Congratulations Avinash.
A worthy choice for Jack of all kind of tasks and then some. Even feature distribution by Hyundai has also been spot on this time. Wishing happy miles.

Have been follower of your couple of Honda City as well as Creta threads(long before I was member).

I cant help but wonder, as far as I remember, you also had Ecosport, Tiago and XUV earlier as well. Do they all turned out to be an unfortunate experience?

PS - I am from CG as well, Raipur basically.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 20:09   #757
Senior - BHPian

Do give us some feedback on the brakes viz a viz the old one. Lots of owners say its better than the outgoing model but not the best in segment yet.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 20:23   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats again, and this time I think you should take the time with the name, drive the car, settle into it, and maybe with a years worth of troublefree experience you can christen it into the family fold.

Also while I'm the last one to be superstitious, religious or anything of that sort, this time I feel you should do the pooja yourself instead of by the priest (aarti outside, agarbatti inside et al), break a coconut or pumpkin, take the longest warranty available and also tie a nimbu mirchi, and I mean them all even though I'm an athiest (the Brahmin in me wakes up occasionally), blast Ganesha hymns as well.

I know Hyundais are taking a bad rap for quality and reliability in India these days, however I can certainly assure you that in the 1 lakh kms I've driven them, no repairs/ snags/ quality problems till date. All of them have seen deep floods, bad roads, horrible traffic and a few bumps, zero sweat ownership experience given that the service station is a half kilometer away from my place as well. Truly a great brand to me.

Last edited by dark.knight : 19th July 2020 at 20:24.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 21:38   #759
BANNED

Quote:
Here she is, unloaded from the delivery truck at 3:15 PM today afternoon and after an initial wash.
Congratulations Avinash.

Welcome back and hope this car keeps you happy and fulfilled for a long long time.

Looks neutral in white colour and braking in the new generation is definitely a lot lot better than the model you had or I have. Looking for to your feedback on the same.

Happy (s)miles with the car.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th July 2020 at 21:43.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 01:57   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Here she is, unloaded from the delivery truck at 3:15 PM today afternoon and after an initial wash
I can’t help but comment, as this picture just brought back the memories of my 1st-gen Creta. Exactly 4 years & 10 months back when I had visited the showroom just a day before the delivery & the car was parked similarly for a wash. Wow!! What a feeling it was back then!

Wishing you all the good luck for tomorrow & may you have a blissful ownership with your new steed.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 20th July 2020 at 01:58.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 02:28   #761
Senior - BHPian

Didn't think of it much when the dealer called pre lockdown this week to confirm booking before mid July but now hearing from others who are in queue that the prices will be hiked next month.
Old 20th July 2020, 07:44   #762
BHPian

Quote:
ODO reading is 14 kms.
She's passed her PDI with flying colours. Bringing her home by tomorrow evening, once the paperwork is done.
First of all, Congratulations on the new car.
When I was researching on Creta, it was your ownership review that helped me more than the official review because yours were the one for the particular variant I wanted. I was a little disappointed when I learned from the thread that you have sold your steed, and now glad to hear that you are back in the club

My ride is about three months short of her third birthday and has about 22k kms of experience. The braking is adequate for my driving style but is not good for hard braking. Earlier I have never experienced the ABS kicking in but since the rains started, even on the slightest slush/gravel the ABS has started to take over. I guess this that case of ABS coming in too early as reported by others.

If it is not too much trouble, could you please tell as to why you chose to let go of the earlier one?
BLACNWYTE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 09:10   #763
BHPian

Quote:

ODO reading is 14 kms.
[/left]
Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you thousands of safe and happy miles.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 10:31   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Respective owners do comment on the usability of the auto hold function while driving in city traffic.
Anybody experienced this yet?
@RavenAvi do let us know about this.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 11:22   #765
Distinguished - BHPian

Took her home yesterday evening.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img20200720wa0063.jpg

Some initial impressions:

- Drive is as smooth as silk ("makkhan", as they say). Never for once does one get the feeling that the gears have shifted or the transmission is hunting for the right gear.

- No rubber band effect felt upto 60 kmph, even on sudden dabs on the throttle.

- Much-needed lower back lumbar support. My bad back and left leg have been profusely thanking me. Nicely contoured seats with decent thigh support too.

- Touchscreen is zippy to respond. Bluelink hasn't been enabled yet.

- Gear shifting requires slight effort, moving all the way from P to D.

- Bonnet is heavy as hell. Needs some considerable heft to be lifted. Rear boot door is heavy too.

- I love the trio beam LED headlamps. Sufficient illumination. Aided well by the crescent shaped DRLs.

- The panoramic sunroof is a sight at night, when the moon & stars are out. My little one just can't get enough of it.

- Suspension is superb at low speeds. Small bumps and breakers are almost not felt. Sudden and sharp breakers intrude into the cabin.

- Car is shod with JK Tyre UX Royales (215/60/R17) manufactured in the 24th week of 2020. New brand for me. Absolutely no tyre noise inside the cabin. Yet to test on the highway.

- Mileage for the drive home stood at 14.8 kmpl.

- The White shade makes the car seem bigger than it is. My family keeps commenting on how huge the Creta has grown!

My little one has christened her "Phoenix", after her favourite X-Men/Marvel/mythological character.

Name is apt, considering everything.

Compiling the initial ownership report in the Assembly Line. Should be out by this weekend.

Quote:
@RavenAvi do let us know about this.
Auto hold is for stopping in traffic or at traffic signals. Shift to Neutral, press the Auto Hold button, and let go of the brake pedal. To resume, press the Auto Hold button again to disable it & shift back to Drive.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st July 2020 at 11:25. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (34) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks