Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2020, 11:33   #766
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Took her home yesterday evening.

Congratulations RavenAvi the initial impressions gives me a sense that the ownership review thread is going to be awesome. Wish you many great miles on this and hope this car doesn't disappoint you.

Thanks for updating on the auto-hold functionality I thought it would be automatically activated like in case of Mercedes where when the brake pedal is pressed with more pressure on a red light the auto-hold is activated automatically.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 11:48   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Avi and welcome back to the group. Waiting for an extensive report from you like the old one. Also, it would be great if you could compare the drive-ability of the new one with the old Creta.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 12:00   #768
BHPian

Quote:

Auto hold is for stopping in traffic or at traffic signals. Shift to Neutral, press the Auto Hold button, and let go of the brake pedal. To resume, press the Auto Hold button again to disable it & shift back to Drive.
Congratulations on the car. Wish you many happy miles.

Regarding auto hold, I dont think that is exactly how it works in other cars I tried with this function (Hector, Civic). In these cars it has to be turned on once (like a drive mode) and once turned on, even in D mode when we press the brake completely the car goes on hold even on D. Then even if you release the brake car will not crawl. And the car moves only once you press accelerator. This continues until you turn off auto hold by pressing it again.

Isnt it how this is in the Creta?
rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 12:08   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. I believe white is the most neutral colour as it can hide scratches very well. I will follow your updates as creta is also in the reckoning for me by the end of the year. Although mine will be most probably a diesel. Have a blissful ownership ahead
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 12:31   #770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Avinash sir! Hope the almighty Phoenix soars through the sky

I have seen a few new Creta on the road now - silver, black, red and white. Honestly, I still haven't got around to like its looks. Even my wife gave a mini-shriek when she saw it the first time and lamented that the 'handsome' looks of the outgoing car has turned into a 'robotic' one. Hopefully with time, I will start liking them.

That said, the interiors have started growing on me. Especially, I love those analogue dials with white border. Yeah, such small things make me happy.

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st July 2020 at 12:33.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 16:58   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Auto hold is for stopping in traffic or at traffic signals. Shift to Neutral, press the Auto Hold button, and let go of the brake pedal. To resume, press the Auto Hold button again to disable it & shift back to Drive.
Are you sure? Seems a rather long and not very intuitive process for a feature called “Auto Hold”. Does it not auto disable on engaging drive?

Maybe I’m confusing it with the Hill Hold feature
Old 21st July 2020, 17:01   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Are you sure? Seems a rather long and not very intuitive process for a feature called “Auto Hold”. Does it not auto disable on engaging drive?

Maybe I’m confusing it with the Hill Hold feature
No you are right the process in other cars is not this way. It is activated automatically on pressing the brake pedal.
sv97 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 20:00   #773
BHPian

In the Tesla, either creep or auto hold can be selected. Creep function is like what we get in all the automatic cars here where when the brake pedal is released, the car creeps or moves forward slowly even before you press the accelerator. In auto hold, the car does not move forward when the brake pedal is released and will only move when the accelerator is pressed. I suppose this must be the same function here.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 20:42   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
No you are right the process in other cars is not this way. It is activated automatically on pressing the brake pedal.
The below video shows the auto hold of the Tucson. I am sure same functionality will be there in the Creta, which is pretty much like the normal auto hold on most cars with the feature.

rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 21:27   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you, team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Regarding auto hold, I dont think that is exactly how it works in other cars I tried with this function (Hector, Civic). In these cars it has to be turned on once (like a drive mode) and once turned on, even in D mode when we press the brake completely the car goes on hold even on D. Then even if you release the brake car will not crawl. And the car moves only once you press accelerator. This continues until you turn off auto hold by pressing it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
In auto hold, the car does not move forward when the brake pedal is released and will only move when the accelerator is pressed. I suppose this must be the same function here.
Quote:
The below video shows the auto hold of the Tucson. I am sure same functionality will be there in the Creta, which is pretty much like the normal auto hold on most cars with the feature.
I have been under the weather since yesterday so I haven't checked any features thoroughly. Haven't even read the manual fully or checked out details regarding the Auto Hold.

Phoenix has been parked in our garage since yesterday evening (family did a small puja in the morning, that's it). I am feeling so bad I didn't even step out of home today.

Thanks for the updates, guys. Will check out the functionalities of the system when I feel better (hopefully tomorrow) and update accordingly in my ownership report.
Old 21st July 2020, 21:31   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase RavenAvi! I, too, am considering purchasing the new Creta, albeit the EX variant.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Petrol EX? How is the 1.5 for daily drives, city mostly? Unfortunately, there are no TD vehicles available for the Manual Diesel or Petrol.

I test drove the Diesel 1.5 Venue; it had a good punch post 2K RPM, especially after the second gear. However, if the petrol is on par, then my decision will be easy.

Anyone with the petrol 1.5, please PM, DM or share your experience here, I'd really appreciate it.
Unrealistic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 21:53   #777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Congratulations on your purchase RavenAvi! I, too, am considering purchasing the new Creta, albeit the EX variant.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Petrol EX? How is the 1.5 for daily drives, city mostly? Unfortunately, there are no TD vehicles available for the Manual Diesel or Petrol.
Although there are no ownership reviews as yet of the petrol manual on the Creta, our fellow BHP-ian Rahul has done an in-depth review of the Seltos HTK Petrol Manual - which has exactly the same engine and gearbox. You may want to go through this to get an idea of how it performs.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4670749 (Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT)
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 22:02   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the car. Wish you many happy miles.

Isnt it how this is in the Creta?
I tried the auto hold feature today afternoon for the first time. When you press the button, the car holds the ground and you can remove foot from brakes ( I had put the car in N) and then you put the car in D and press accelerator pedal, then the auto hold is released.
It is very well explained in owner’s manual :-
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-a59cf875385f41f0ba2d0fad8fd7bbe4.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-52f06caf29f441acb92ecaae6348d20b.jpeg
Teqhead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 00:29   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqhead View Post
I tried the auto hold feature today afternoon for the first time. When you press the button, the car holds the ground and you can remove foot from brakes ( I had put the car in N) and then you put the car in D and press accelerator pedal, then the auto hold is released.
Thanks for the update! Still not clear about two things:

1. Do you need to shift to N before engaging the auto hold?
2. Do you need to press the auto hold button every time after exiting the function (when you start movin)?
Old 22nd July 2020, 00:42   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Although there are no ownership reviews as yet of the petrol manual on the Creta, our fellow BHP-ian Rahul has done an in-depth review of the Seltos HTK Petrol Manual - which has exactly the same engine and gearbox. You may want to go through this to get an idea of how it performs.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4670749 (Ownership Review - My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Petrol 6MT)
Thanks you for pointing me towards this thread. I'm going to call up Kia and hope to test drive the 1.5 Manual Petrol.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks