Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 01:21   #781
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Thanks for the update! Still not clear about two things:

1. Do you need to shift to N before engaging the auto hold?
2. Do you need to press the auto hold button every time after exiting the function (when you start movin)?
1. I don't think so, although I didn’t try that. The auto hold should work in D as well. Press brake pedal to completely stop the car and push auto hold button.
2. Yes, auto hold once released after pressing accelerator pedal will work again once you apply brakes and press it again.
Teqhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 10:14   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqhead View Post
I tried the auto hold feature today afternoon for the first time. When you press the button, the car holds the ground and you can remove foot from brakes ( I had put the car in N) and then you put the car in D and press accelerator pedal, then the auto hold is released.
It is very well explained in owner’s manual :-
Attachment 2032966

Attachment 2032967
Adding to this it means if the auto hold is activated once during driving it will be automatically activated when the brake is pressed till the vehicle is restarted or until it is cancelled by depressing the brake and pushing the auto hold button.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 11:02   #783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Thanks you for pointing me towards this thread. I'm going to call up Kia and hope to test drive the 1.5 Manual Petrol.
Test drive vehicles for the 1.5 petrol manual variant remains elusive for the KIA too. But you can explore the engine and transmission combo in the new 2020 Verna. You stand a better chance of getting a petrol manual Verna for test drive. Rest, you can refer the ownership thread of BHPian Rahul.

All the best for your purchase!
Old 22nd July 2020, 22:10   #784
BHPian

Request:
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-screenshot_20200712155510.jpg For pictures of Titan grey sx(O) with diamond cut alloys.. I only found this one picture online.
Sanket299 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:34   #785
BHPian

Dear all,
Request your input on below.

One of my close friend in Kolkata booked New Creta 1.5 IVT on 29th June with dealer Bengal Hyundai, with a promise of delivery with in 6 weeks.

It's close to a month now & still there is no update from dealer. This week he has contacted Hyundai Eastern zone customer care, unfortunately their update is quite shocking. As per them IVT models will go on production only after mid August, hence delivery will not be possible before Sep.
He works in merchant navy and can't wait that long for this time.
Request if you can give some advice if any update on ivt model or if any one spoke to dealer regarding availability of models.

He don't not want to stretch the budget (for DCT or diesel at) as car running will be low.

Your response will be highly appreciated

Brdgs
Sail
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:38   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Dear all,
Request your input on below.

One of my close friend in Kolkata booked New Creta 1.5 IVT on 29th June with dealer Bengal Hyundai, with a promise of delivery with in 6 weeks.

Request if you can give some advice if any update on ivt model or if any one spoke to dealer regarding availability of models.
Fellow T-BHP member RavenAvi has taken delivery of his SX IVT variant and I think he might be able to help you as earlier even he faced a similar issue with the dealership but then got the delivery in a few days time when he contacted a few people at Hyundai.
Old 23rd July 2020, 17:35   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Adding to this it means if the auto hold is activated once during driving it will be automatically activated when the brake is pressed till the vehicle is restarted or until it is cancelled by depressing the brake and pushing the auto hold button.
Now curious about one more thing - would auto hold have any adverse impact on dct overheating issue?
Old 23rd July 2020, 18:16   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Now curious about one more thing - would auto hold have any adverse impact on dct overheating issue?
On the contrary, I think it will be a positive for the DCT issue as once you brake completely, the car will be on auto hold and clutch will be disengaged. So rather than manually making sure that you depress the brake fully or moving the car in Neutral while stopping to release the clutch fully (an exercise recommended for avoiding overheating), the Auto hold system will do it automatically for you.

This is my view, experts can weigh in.
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:35   #789
BHPian

I beg to differ here. Appreciate if you can do some more research on auto-hold function (how it works) on Creta.

Reason being, in my X3 30i, auto-hold feature actually engages brakes (nothing happens to gearbox) with brake lights goes on (whenever it gets engaged after a halt). On slight dabbing the accelerator, it's disengages and vehicle moves.
So the whole scenario remains same, that is, it engages brakes automatically and I don't have to keep the brake pedal pressed, there are no chance of vehicle moving ahead in bumper to bumper traffic due to any slightest movement of brake pedal.
If same working mechanism given in Creta, overheating issue will be there.

I think keeping the auto gear in neutral with auto-hold on is the best solution, but same is not practical (most of the time) in b2b traffic.

Brdgs
Sail
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:11   #790
BHPian

Quote:
So the whole scenario remains same, that is, it engages brakes automatically and I don't have to keep the brake pedal pressed, there are no chance of vehicle moving ahead in bumper to bumper traffic due to any slightest movement of brake pedal.
This is definitely correct. I've test driven both the Tucson and the Hector, and in both of them, it works exactly like this. Essentially, you can control the car with just accelerator, which is divine in heavy traffic

Last edited by Sheel : 24th July 2020 at 09:14. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
HK. Oby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 22:09   #791
BHPian

Quote:
This again doesn’t seem to be the case. The DCT gearboxes are designed in a way that the both clutches disengage even in D mode when brake is completely pressed. In an auto hold once you press the brake it remains pressed automatically and hence the clutch remains disengaged and would not heat in my opinion. The shift to N is generally recommended as one may not apply enough pressure on the brakes while stopping or on an incline and may ride the clutch in an automatic, which the auto hold ensures would not happen at least when stationary.

See the video below.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th July 2020 at 09:15. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 08:59   #792
BHPian

Thank you for the video.
Also I have gone through few more videos, which indicate the claim is right.

On stopping a vehicle with DCT transmission both clutches are disengaged.

As mentioned on all the videos, only option to prolong clutch life and avoid overheating (dry clutch) issue is to stop slow driving with brake pedal lightly pressed or half pressed. Brake pedal should be either fully pressed or fully released. I thing auto hold feature only adds convenience to our driving.
One more point to consider, when vehicle is in incline / uphill, never try to counter rolling (backward) with creeping ahead function. Eventually this will lead to overheating of gearbox.

Thanks mate for the enlightenment.

Brdgs
Sail
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 04:18   #793
BHPian

Any views on picking between Creta SX IVT vs City ZX CVT. Difference of Rs.50,000. While the Creta has a pano sunroof, bigger and better ICE, auto hold and rear discs, it's the 2 airbags vs 6 airbags that's got me confused.

Wondering if the side and curtain airbags are worth it over the Creta goodies?

City's lane watch cam, all one touch windows and leather upholstery are good to have but not must haves.

Reliability and driveability favours the Honda while Creta has GC.
Old 25th July 2020, 04:25   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Wondering if the side and curtain airbags are worth it over the Creta goodies?
I'd always pick the airbags. Safety first!!

Another option is for you to increase your budget and go for the Creta SX(O) if that's an option
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 04:32   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I'd always pick the airbags. Safety first!!

Another option is for you to increase your budget and go for the Creta SX(O) if that's an option
I wish! That's a stretch of another Rs. 1.5 lakh through
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks