Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2020, 22:18   #811
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
After a long wait of over 2 months since booking the Creta SX petrol MT arrives home.
While the experience at the dealership was anything but stellar, the frustrating time period is now over.
It will be sharing the garage with the 8 year old dzire VDi now. I will pen down the initial ownership experience with the car soon.
Congrats Turbokick! Well I must say, if there’s any colour which compliments the new Creta, it’s got to be the BLACK. Even the rear looks quite proportionate in this shade. And ofcourse, nice click there.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 23:24   #812
BHPian

Quote:
After a long wait of over 2 months since booking the Creta SX petrol MT arrives home.
I will pen down the initial ownership experience with the car soon.
Congratulations on your new car!

The pictures look quite stunning.
This is the exact variant and colour of the Creta I am interested in. It seems like a VFM variant to me in the under 17 lakh rupee budget, given the HTX variant of the Seltos does not offer most of the safety features that the Creta offers.

It reportedly offers a better ride quality as well, will appreciate your take on that aspect too.

I am looking forward to your ownership review of the car.

Cheers.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 23:28   #813
BANNED

Quote:
Congratulations. Please do remove that sticker on the left of the rear wiper arm. That's messing up the beautiful photograph.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd August 2020 at 23:29.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 06:26   #814
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
Well this is not a detailed reveiw of the car but my personal experience of purchase and initial ownership of the all new Hyundai Creta 2020 diesel AT. It is still less than a month since I got the car but already driven it for 1550 km and would be going for first servicing within a couple of days so I have the experience to pen down an initial ownership of my car. I will try to structure the topic in a fluid way and then lets see how it goes.

Why Creta?

First love. Pure and simple. Since the car was launched in 2015, I loved the car and wanted to purchase it straightaway but I waited for a few ownership reviews and after reading those (specially the famous ‘Lazarus’ one from RavenAvi), I decided to own one.

Why the delay?

Due to transferable job I waited to go to the new station to make the purchase. The new station happened to be Bangalore and I was skeptical on purchasing the brand new creta there as bangalore is known for its bumper to bumper traffic and covering of long distances even within city limits. Also I was there for exactly two years so I could still wait to move to some other place and in the meanwhile I got to fulfil my desire to own a Honda Brio which was my dream hatchback at that time and I bought a pre owned one black beauty at a good price.
Pics here (Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review)

Fast Forward

Aug 2019, again to a new place and now searching to change my car. I knew a lot of new cars will be launched in early 2020 and new Creta was already spied here (2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time) and by december I knew new Creta might be launched soon as it will be showcased in the autoexpo. Bookings were open and on 15 Mar 2020, booked the diesel sx(o) AT with 21000/- booking amount.
Then the tragedy happened, infact two. One, my booking amount cheque was rendered invalid as the dealership name on the cheque was slightly wrong as the SA has by mistaken given the wrong name. Two, Covid-19 and the lockdown happened, no need to elaborate further.
Finally when things start to unlock in June 2020, I wanted to go ahead with the purchase immediately. By now I had seen the reviews and comparisons of the car with the siblings and rivals and the new creta 2020 was right at the top of spec list and pricing.

Purchase

21 June 2020, I called a few dealers in and around my city and waiting time was 6-8 weeks minimum. I wanted the car early as I didn’t want another lockdown and delay. So I mailed hmil, infact sent two mails after I didn’t receive reply of the first. Now by 26th June I received calls from both hyundai dealers in my city, while one was promising delivery in 4 weeks time, the other promised delivery by 15th July. The latter got the booking amount the very next day.
I chose 16 July 2020 as the auspicious delivery date as directed by wife and the car was delivered by afternoon at the doorstep.

I have already posted pics of my car in this thread (2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs) .

The initial impressions and pros and cons of the car are already discussed in this thread itself by me and RavenAvi. I completely agree with the points made by RavenAvi here (2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs)

However I would like to add to the Highway drive experience of the car which I undertook to days back i.e. 01 Aug 2020.

I had my first long trip in the car (1.5 Diesel SX(O) AT). Panipat-Udaipur (760 km). And then Udaipur-Vadodara (332km) total distance is approx 1100 km. The car was tested on the highway NH8 and NH48. On ghats sections post Udaipur till Gujrat border. And of course in the city traffic of Udaipur.

Few points i would like to bring out are as under:-

1. Steering- Lot of improvement in steering input. The steering weighs accurately specially post 80 kmph and there negligible play which induces confidence.

2. Braking- Brakes are effective but I got feeling of delayed braking, may be because of the brakes doubling up as clutch in AT. The brake pedal has a long travel, it takes getting used to but overall no issues with braking effect.

3. Suspension- Super soft. The small potholes and speed breakers are absorbed completely. But bigger once feel throughout the car if the car suddenly jumps over one. Body roll is felt may be because of soft suspension but overall the drive quality is much better than previous creta.

4. Cruise control- Excellent option on highways with one touch activation and speed increase/decrease using the +/- buttons on steering mounted controls.

5. FE- I used the ‘Eco’ mode for 90% of highway drive and 10% ‘Comfort’ mode and got above 21 kmpl overall.2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-4783f492ff7f47a88aa7ee33392364ce.jpeg

6. Music System- Top notch, Bose music system is superb with amazing quality and zero distortions even on radio mode, however loud we can go.

7. Sunroof- Got tested in heavy rains before Udaipur. It was so heavy that we had to stop and wait( with rain falling on car). I had inhibitions regarding its waterproofing capability, but there was no issues at all.

8. ACC- Its a chiller. With the kind of heat + humidity we observed in rajasthan, still I couldn’t keep it below 24 degrees . Ventilated seats are a boon, after driving for 3 hours straight I felt the need to cool my back and under-thigh when I switched the seats on and within seconds the seats start to cool. It also has three level settings of cooling.

9. Tyres- I have the stock nexen tyres 17”, only issue was tyre noise above 90 kmph getting inside cabin and I could also feel even a pebble going below the tyre. May be I was too observant.

Overall the trip of 1100 km was covered in two days with a night halt in Udaipur. The car is super sturdy and reliable. The features are all practical. The TPMS was used extensively every hour or so just to keep myself reassured. Top speed achieved was 125 kmph but only once as the ‘120 kmph’ alert keeps ringing continuously above that.
Parting Pics of the trip:-

Rain pouring full on
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-7081af3e517441b5bbcdcb5abd340505.jpeg

All Smiles
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-f2c7af6bb1074193aa00e075f6551cfa.jpeg  

Teqhead is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 15:46   #815
BHPian

Minor Update:-
Got the first servicing done at downtown hyundai vadodara, very nice and courteous staff, got the anti rust coating done @2390/- (discounted).
Total cost of servicing is 2390/- only.
Few pics of the Silver Lightening post servicing:-
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-172c24ba353f4fcda01f2c9402ad9df1.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-4c73e81195ea4f9aa0265f788b81def4.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-9630bb3ca0e047a6be4e7fbde7bbc442.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-e18cd4b4904e4385982efb8a61b9afe8.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-960362d637284abfb2d0510af58c689f.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-03625c25626a450292c518a7225a3c79.jpeg
Teqhead is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 17:35   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqhead View Post
Your car looks great, especially the side profile & the rear 3-quarter. I must say, the design is growing on me everytime I see it. The diamond cuts do add a whole different look to the car. I genuinely feel that Hyundai should have offered these starting with the SX variant. But then, their known for the variant goof-ups during the launch. No surprises there.

Probably you should get the roof wrapped (area above the Lightning arc) akin to the Hyundai Venue. Will suit the car IMHO.

Here, like this one:

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-venue_2.png

Name:  Venue_1.PNG
Views: 5080
Size:  523.8 KB
ashvek3141 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 20:34   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Probably you should get the roof wrapped (area above the Lightning arc) akin to the Hyundai Venue.
Yes, this looks good. I think this is the second time you have suggested this, will definitely look into this. I need to find a good guy who can do the job as desired. Thanks
Teqhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 21:31   #818
BHPian

Quote:
The first thought that I had after seeing the pics of new Creta was "What an ugly car!" But on seeing your pics, all I have to say is "What a beauty!". I never expected the car to grow on me so much so fast. This is the best new Creta I've seen so far. Happy motoring buddy!
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 23:39   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Congrats Turbokick! Well I must say, if there’s any colour which compliments the new Creta, it’s got to be the BLACK.
Thanks a lot. Though it is going to be really difficult to maintain, the car looks the part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
Congratulations on your new car!

The pictures look quite stunning.
This is the exact variant and colour of the Creta I am interested in.

I am looking forward to your ownership review of the car.

Cheers.
I will pen down the review at the earliest. Creta in general is better equipped for equivalent models in Seltos range in most cases. For the incremental increase in price for SX model over HTX, the value addition is considerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations. Please do remove that sticker on the left of the rear wiper arm. That's messing up the beautiful photograph.
Thanks a lot and the sticker is now removed. The unprofessional attitude that I witnessed at the dealer prompted me to remove the stickers at the earliest.

Now some quick observation about the car :
1. Very little information is available for the 1.5 Petrol MT model (Be it Creta or Seltos) over internet. At best I could find a small review of the IVT model of Seltos in Autocar. While the excitement for the excellent Turbo Petrol model is understandable, the NA 1.5 Petrol, which accounts for 30-35% of the sales (technically the 1.5 Petrol alone sells more than many of its competitors as a whole) needs visibility and attention. You simply cant find the 1.5 Petrol for test drive at a Kia showroom (IVT at max is what you will get). Hyundai atleast provides this variant for testdrive and I was lucky enough to spend some time with the car before deciding.

2. 1.5 Petrol is a highly tractable engine which has a very responsive bottom end. Add the slick shifting gearbox and a light clutch, this engine is very good option if you spend majority of time in the city traffic. Fairer gender will find this option to be appealing to drive. I will spend some time on the highway before commenting on its performance with a stretched leg. This is not the kind of engine which likes to be hurried though. Fine cruiser is what I guess this engine will be.

3. NVH levels are extremely good. The engine itself is super silent for most part (unless revved beyond 3K rpm). Underbody insulation is again excellent. So the road and tyre noise is pretty well controlled. Interestingly the traffic noise isnt that well muted. I doubt the thin window glasses are to be blamed here. Not that it is bad but Hyundai could have made this a complete NVH champ.

4. Build quality is pretty solid (I am graduating from a Maruti). Fit and finish level is extremely tight inside the car. I am really searching for any rough edge or misaligned panel in the car. Yet to find one.

5. The 10 odd inch infotainment system feels very sleek and display quality is top notch. I am yet to understand all the functionalities of the setup.

6. Front seats are commanding and decently comfortable. I didnt find it to be a giant leap over the support that I get in the dzire (front seats are pretty comfortable to be honest)

7. This is the cheapest car having a panoramic sunroof in this country. Having a panoramic sunroof from the SX model onwards has been a masterstroke by Hyundai. Rear passengers will enjoy the view at night for sure. The interior ambiance is something for people upgrading from a hatchback or a compact sedan.

8. Unlike what the claims are made to be, Seltos and Creta have a very similar ride and handling combination. So if you rejecting Seltos over Creta for stiff ride or Creta over Seltos for body roll then dont ! They are near identical. 5% variation maybe.

9. Creta has graduated over the previous generation in terms of the suspension. New version offers noticeable improvement in stability, grip and sense of control.

10. I love the dials in the car. I like it when they are neat and symmetrical. I hate the idea of having digital tachometer (unless how it in the 2020 Honda City)
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200804-23.33.46-2.jpeg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200804-23.33.46-1.jpeg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200804-23.33.46.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbokick : 4th August 2020 at 23:51.
Turbokick is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 01:16   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Though it is going to be really difficult to maintain, the car looks the part
Congrats Turbokick for the new Creta. Black car will require daily maintainance but it does look one of the the best colours on the new creta. Wishing you millions of happy miles.
Teqhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 05:17   #821

Quote:
WHAT A BEAUTY!
Seeing this makes me wish the Turbo came in the same skin :(
Congratulations and wishing you tons of happy memories!
Romzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 10:52   #822
BHPian

Question to Mods - When are we getting the official review of Creta 2020.

And please dont review only 1.4 Turbo. Internet if overflowing with the same. Hope to see review of Petrol MT and IVT.

Thanks in advance.
noopster1008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 12:40   #823
BHPian

Name:  Screenshot 20200805 12.33.05.png
Views: 4004
Size:  418.2 KB

Creta looks amazing with these wheels.

Got this from Instagram. Credits to respective owners.
northstar* is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 12:47   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
The first thought that I had after seeing the pics of new Creta was "What an ugly car!" But on seeing your pics, all I have to say is "What a beauty!". I never expected the car to grow on me so much so fast. This is the best new Creta I've seen so far. Happy motoring buddy!
Thank you GKR9900 for such a nice compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzy View Post
WHAT A BEAUTY!
Seeing this makes me wish the Turbo came in the same skin :(
Congratulations and wishing you tons of happy memories!
Thank you Romzy. Checkout deep forest colour of Turbo, I haven’t seen in person but in pictures looks really nice.
Teqhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 13:04   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Attachment 2038350

Creta looks amazing with these wheels.

Got this from Instagram. Credits to respective owners.
Completely changes the way Creta looks . But then kills the practicality way faster than it eats the suspension. Looks good in the garage though.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks