Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2020, 13:20   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
Question to Mods - When are we getting the official review of Creta 2020.

And please dont review only 1.4 Turbo. Internet if overflowing with the same. Hope to see review of Petrol MT and IVT.

Thanks in advance.
Second that! Also please include Diesel MT and AT, since this is one of the few options left in this category with proper Diesel engines.
Old 5th August 2020, 13:44   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
After a long wait of over 2 months since booking the Creta SX petrol MT arrives home.
Congrats on your purchase, wish you many more happy miles. The car looks great, especially in dark colours.
vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 23:48   #828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqhead View Post
Checkout deep forest colour of Turbo, I haven’t seen in person but in pictures looks really nice.
That's the one I ended up going for. I had my sights on Silver when I first saw it and even Black looked nice but with just 3 options on the Turbo, Deep Forest seemed like a good choice.

Picked her up this evening
Thanks to the incessant showers, will have to find another opportunity to share pics.
Romzy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 23:56   #829
BHPian

Test drove Creta CVT last afternoon.

My observations:

- Doors feel heavy . Not Ecosport heavy, but close. Heavier than last gen Creta.

- Good space inside. Feels airy even with sunroof completely shut. Definitely more spacious than last gen. Creta. Also, as a driver I felt sufficiently away from the SA seated besides me. Sufficient width.

- Seats are good, support wise, sort of hug you. Seat Ventilation works well. Absolutely loved it. People who say they can live without such features, must experience this at least once. Features like this do make a difference.
Electric adjustment is quick to act and very convenient. Height adjustment has good range. Will accomodate all. Did not sit at rear so can't say anthing about rear seat comfort. But looking at SA who was seated at back (2 SAs had come), legroom looked more than sufficient.

- Visibilty is good. Bonnet is visible. Makes negotiating easy through tight situations.

- Found the interiors very nice. Loved that big screen.

- Gear lever, though good to hold, is just slightly heavier. Not a big deal at all. Takes that little bit more effort to use than last gen Creta, gear lever of which was super effortless to operate.

- Reverse camera is quick to activate. Clarity was good enough. But if I remember well, Ecosport's was better clarity wise.

- Panoramic sunroof worked well. Though, that lid (not glass) is ordinary in strength.

- Voice commands worked well.

- Sound quality from 'Bose' is very good. Though, I felt sound quality was even better in Tata Nexon.

- Steering felt premium to good. But I felt its slightly heavier than regular Hyundai's at parking/low speeds (definitely slightly heavier than last gen Creta). I liked the steering overall. Felt it well weighted at speed of 100kph. Still, Ecosport's steering is better in terms of weight (have not driven a car with better steering till date) as well as operation.

- I felt a slight lag when just starting off from stand still. Not a problem though. If I compare it to Baleno CVT, that had no lag at all, just dab on throttle and that moved immediately. Still, that initial lag in Creta is too tlittle to cause an issue.

- Refinement is good, just like the way Hyundai's have been. At stand still, hard to tell if engine is running. Only under hard acceleration it gets a bit vocal. Still, noise did not 'annoy' me and completely acceptable, considering its a CVT.

- Drove through colony roads. Was easy. Turning radius seemed good.

- Drove through highway type roads as well (road towards Bangalore airport). We were three onboard (each weighing around 70-80kg). Completely empty boot space (ofcourse spare wheel was there).
Found the performance in Eco mode sort of dull, close to acceptable in Comfort mode, and good enough in Sports mode. Overall, I found performance acceptable. For city driving, its perfect but If one wants to have fun on the highway, either look elsewhere, or drive with not much load in car and only in Sports mode (which is practically not possible for most). Still, as I said I found performance acceptable. Does the job for the most part. Though the difference is not too much between Comfort and Sport, still very noticeable. I think with 5 people and full boot, this car will just about do the job but that's about it. On a personal note, with 3 people and zero luggage, I enjoyed it only in Sport mode. Did not enjoy it in Comfort mode.

- Handling felt good. Though I did not push it much around corners so cannot comment much.

- Suspension felt ok. It had a certain firmness to it, unlike last gen Creta which was so 'Cushy' and had that perfect balance between ride and handling. Those expansion joints did make their presence felt in a rather prominent way. Straight line stability was good but not the best. Overall, I did not like the suspension part much but not that it was a big issue either. Somewhat like Tata Nexon. I forgot to check the tyre pressure, though.

- Also, what I found out was that the car was not very settled (body shake/movement wise) at speeds above 60kph. Its the same feeling that you get while driving a car with more than required air pressure in the tyres. Again, it may be due to high tyre pressure, which I forgot to check. Though, overall stability and comfort was good enough. But I did want the suspension to be a bit softer.

- Brakes worked well, just as expected.

Overall I liked the car.
7.5/10.

But, with that somewhat firmer suspension and "acceptable but non-enjoyable" CVT, I would definitely try other options too. Most probably, just for this non-enjoyable CVT (do not get me wrong, its gets the job done but just does not have that in it to satisfy an enthusiastic driver), I would take the relaibility risk and go for DCT.
Mynameis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 00:33   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzy View Post
Picked her up this evening
Thanks to the incessant showers, will have to find another opportunity to share pics.
Congrats, nice choice and happy motoring to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
- Suspension felt ok. It had a certain firmness to it, unlike last gen Creta which was so 'Cushy' and had that perfect balance between ride and handling. Those expansion joints did make their presence felt in a rather prominent way. Straight line stability was good but not the best. Overall, I did not like the suspension part much but not that it was a big issue either. Somewhat like Tata Nexon. I forgot to check the tyre pressure, though.
You should have checked the tyre pressure. I guess they are keeping them over inflated at the showrooms. I received my car with tyre pressure at 48 psi in all tyres, it should have been 36 psi with max load. Therefore, I also felt suspension to be firmer than it is actually.
Teqhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 18:43   #831
BHPian

Went and checked out my car at the stockyard (calling it a PDI would not be correct given my lack of expertise) which I am going to get in the next week. The car was perfect although exteriors were not completely clean due to rains.

I had not seen the Lava Orange dual tone car in person, but when we saw the car it looked really delightful. My wife loved the red inserts in the AC vents and red stitching on the steering wheel. There was a sea of white Cretas in the stockyard.

Look forward to take delivery and get my hands on the steering wheel of this beauty.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-5a1be522839c443da30590fc9adce11f.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-edba71d69f3147a0a829862864cd8ebd.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-ca173da27cb6449a82d0dbe2cb35bd7f.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-6753bfd57b064671be6dafa8ae8058d2.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-03553c8e80644792b17f8647b7a56789.jpeg
rkv_hunter is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 19:59   #832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Went and checked out my car at the stockyard (calling it a PDI would not be correct given my lack of expertise) which I am going to get in the next week. The car was perfect although exteriors were not completely clean due to rains.

I had not seen the Lava Orange dual tone car in person, but when we saw the car it looked really delightful. My wife loved the red inserts in the AC vents and red stitching on the steering wheel. There was a sea of white Cretas in the stockyard.

Look forward to take delivery and get my hands on the steering wheel of this beauty.
Amazing colour choice, will truly stand out among the sea of white and silver cars.

Congratulations on your steed!

Just if Hyundai had provided dual tone alloys on the Turbo as well!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 12:07   #833

Hello Fellow BHPians,

I took the TD for the Creta 1.4L Turbo couple of weeks back and here are my observations -

Exteriors -

I, like many, didnt like the New Creta's design.
1. The DRLs and the Rear Lights made the car look fat.
2. the front grill is just there. Looks too bland and out of place.
3. Rear design looked too confusing

However, when I looked at the car myself, first reaction was "Its not all that bad"
1. I have started to like the Headlight and backlight assembly.
2. I am sold on the rear design as well. It looks really good, specially in White and Lava Orange colour.
3. Front DRLs make it look rich and unique. I would have liked them to be more thin, like in Palisade, but this one has its own character.
4. Front grill is livable, I still dont like it. Certainly not when a 15 lac Verna can look like that and the more premium Creta has to live with this. Headlight assembly and the grill are just not in sync with each other.

Interiors -

I really liked the interiors when I saw it in multiple reviews. It looked premium and well put together. I wasnt as impressed with the Steering design, I would have expected a more sporty looking steering, not the deal breaker though.

After looking at it in person -
1. The steering looked much better and good to hold.
2. The infotainment system is cleanly integrated in center console.
3. the height and hold of the gear lever is just perfect.
4. Instrument Cluster (of SX(O)) is crisp and informative. It puts on quite a show when you start the car or change the driving modes.
5. I am 6 feet tall and after adjusting the driver's seat based on my driving position, i had ample space at the rear.
6. I think there is too much plastic near the gear shaft, and the panel where AC knobs are present. The plastic quality is great, but its just flat space of plastic.
7. I didnt like the quality of plastic used on windows switch panel.

Drive -

1. I have to start with the Engine,
The powertrain used by the Hyundai group is fantastic. Engine is silent, energetic and packs lot of punch. First time I drove this powertrain was in Kia Seltos and it felt as if it snorted something illegal
Eco mode provide you decent power for you to drive sedately.
Comfort mode is good enough for you drive within the city and still have plenty of oomph to overtake vehicles with slight push on throttle
Sport mode makes all of the horses come alive and you can feel the car grunting. The engine sound starts coming into the cabin, just in the right amount to add to the sporty feel of the engine and to the drive.

2. Suspension -
I didnt check the tyre pressure, but the suspension felt hard. Hard enough for you to slow down on patchy surfaces. Bigger potholes punished the car and the suspension was audible inside the cabin.

3. Handling -
I didnt get a chance to push the car around corners, but I did test it for Highspeed stability and quick lane maneuvering to get fair idea.
The car didnt feel nervous on high speeds, I did 125kmph and it felt planted and confident.
Quick Lane changes were also impressive, the car feels agile and body role is apparent, however well contained. If I have to compare it with Seltos, Seltos felt more confident and the body roll in it was also less.
But if you havent driven Seltos

4. NVH -
This is the second best insulated cabin I have driven, I think Seltos is slightly better here (by a 5% margin maybe).

5. Steering -
Steering is much better in terms of weight and precision compared to what Hyundai has offered us so far. Feel and Feedback is definitely missing (I liked Seltos in this area, it weighs up nicely and offers more feedback than Creta's steering, specially in Sport mode).

6. DCT -
DCT was quite fast, more importantly, it was smooth.
If you push the paddle, there is maybe less than 1 sec lag before it shift down 3 gears to offer you the torque. If you are not planning to participate in a race with this car, the lag will go unnoticed in regular driving conditions.
Special mention of Paddle Shifter here, they are super quick as well. You can use the paddles in any mode and gearbox will give you the manual control of the car. The instrument cluster will change the gear indicator reading from D1/D2/D3 etc to simple digits.
In manual control though, the engine will wait for you long enough, it will roar and call for an upshift, eventually it will do the job for you. This comes really high on the rev range, so its acceptable for me.

7. Seat Comfort -
Seats are extremely comfortable and hugs you well. Ventilated seats add to the comfort quotient.
I dont know weather it was the strong AC of creta, or AC and the Ventilated seat combination, but the car cooled down pretty quickly, inspite of it being parked in open at 42 deg.
Rear seat comfort is worth mentioning too.

8. Music System -
Creta's Bose audio system is mind blowing. I am not a fan of loud music, still I enjoyed the HIP HOP and Bollywood songs playing through my playlist. The bass, clarity and even high volume performance (had to test it) of the music system was remarkable.
Infact, I had heard good things about Seltos's audio system too, but it felt very flat to me. The bass in Seltos is compromised to focus on clarity. I have tested the Harrier's JBL system too and it has loud volume clarity like no other. Creta's audio system is meant to serve a much wider audience. If I have to rate the 3, it will be like Creta>Harrier> Seltos
MotorHood is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 17:26   #834

Not the best of pics, I know.
Been raining a fair bit since Wednesday.
But this is the Deep Forest in a somewhat natural surrounding ��
And got the Diamond-cut alloys instead of the default Gun-metal ones.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200808_165456.jpg
Romzy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 18:22   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! The color looks superb. And good that you replaced the alloys. Did they cost you anything extra for replacement?

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 19:36   #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Congrats! The color looks superb. And good that you replaced the alloys. Did they cost you anything extra for replacement?

Thanks Shibu!
I'll be honest with you, nobody was able to show me a Deep Forest at the time of booking!
With the limited choice of color options, I'm very happy at how this looked when I went to pick up the car.

The alloys cost me 22k with the exchange, although I probably should have bargained harder.
The dealer was quoting 35k when I proposed the buyback of the stock alloys.
Romzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 22:02   #837
BHPian

Quote:
But this is the Deep Forest in a somewhat natural surrounding ��
And got the Diamond-cut alloys instead of the default Gun-metal ones.

Attachment 2040579
Your car looks amazing with the colour and those alloys, as I said earlier if replacing the alloys to these is an option then one must take it.
Teqhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 00:38   #838
BHPian

Hello everyone.
I am looking to buy a compact SUV this year (I hope the pandemic is over by then). Ever since the launch of the Seltos and then the Creta, I have watched countless videos and read so many articles trying to zero in on a car.

I currently have a Honda City 2011 petrol manual. I like the car quite a lot but there a few issues that have always troubled me and my family.
The first would be the ride quality and the second would be the ground clearance, both problems become more pronounced with Bombay's roads. The technology in the car is quite dated and I need an update. I am going to stick with a petrol engine as I don't have a running of more than 10,000 km/year.
The car is used 95% of the time in the city and 5% of the time on highways.

I was able to get a short test drive of the 1.4 L petrol GTX+ manual after the Seltos launched and I liked the car generally.
I liked the way it looked and my father fell in love with the looks of the car.

With Creta's launch, I have made detailed comparisons between the two. My father and I have not been able to set a budget as of yet but I don't see it going past 19 lakhs in any case.
With this in mind, I narrowed down my search to two price brackets of under 16 lakhs and under 19 lakhs for better clarity.

These are on road prices of the Creta and Seltos of the models closest to these two brackets.
I have compared the variants and tried to list features that one has over the other.
I am comfortable with a manual or auto transmission and my main criteria would be to get maximum value for the money I am spending.

CRETA SX MANUAL - ₹16,05,353
SELTOS HTX MANUAL- ₹16,06,091

CRETA SX(O) IVT - ₹19,21,391
SELTOS GTX MANUAL - ₹18,61,516

The CRETA SX DCT also costs ₹19,22,565 and this is also an option in the under 19 lakh price bracket although I would not trade safety features over a better transmission/engine which is the reason why I have limited myself to the SX(O) IVT.

SX vs HTX

CRETA over SELTOS
1) ESC
2) VSM
3) HAC
4) Panoramic sunroof vs normal in Seltos

SELTOS over CRETA
1) Leather pack
2) Mood lighting
3) Auto dimming IRVM
4) TPMS high type vs low type in Creta
5) Air purifier
6) Tilt and telescopic steering

SX(O) IVT vs GTX

CRETA over SELTOS
1) Automatic transmission vs manual
2) BOSE audio system
3) Ventilated front seats
4) Powered driver seat
5) Panoramic sunroof vs normal in Seltos
6) Electronic parking brake with auto hold
7) Drive control modes
8) Traction control modes
9) Paddle shifters

SELTOS over CRETA
1) A 1.4 L turbo engine over 1.5 L normally aspirated engine
2) Brake assist
3) Alloy pedals
4) Solar glass
5) Rain sensing wipers
6) HUD
7) Mood lighting
8) Tilt and telescopic steering

These are some general points I have been able to list based on the research I have done. I will confirm this once I get a chance to test drive the Creta but I have listed them nonetheless.

1) Creta offers slightly better ride quality
2) Creta has better seats and sense of space in the cabin is higher
3) Creta has better interior styling (I like the way the infotainment screen is placed as opposed to the slab like setting in the Seltos)
4) Creta has some physical buttons for infotainment system
5) Creta manual is very easy to drive
6) Hyundai has flexible warranty plans

7) Seltos looks much better on the outside IMO
8) Seltos has slightly better handling
9) Seltos has better steering feedback
10) Seltos has slightly better fit and finish

In the under 16 lakh category, the Creta SX Manual seems like the better choice with more safety features.

In the under 19 lakh category, the Creta SX(O) IVT offers more features and the convenience of the IVT automatic but the Seltos has the punchier engine.

Coming from the Honda city with the 1.5 L engine (116 BHP), I wonder whether the 1.5 L engine in the Seltos/Creta (113 BHP) will feel underpowered considering that the Honda City is lighter than the duo.

I would appreciate everyone's take on this and I hope this post helps other people having the same dilemma.

Last edited by Vedant Gupta : 10th August 2020 at 00:58.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 00:41   #839
BHPian

Quote:
..And got the Diamond-cut alloys instead of the default Gun-metal ones.

Attachment 2040579
The turbo deserves these awesome set of wheels. God knows why Hyundai is not giving these on the turbo.
From where did you get those diamond cut alloys? How much did it cost for the swap?
axe_deo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 01:01   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
The first would be the ride quality and the
In the under 16 lakh category, the Creta SX Manual seems like the better choice with more safety features.

In the under 19 lakh category, the Creta SX(O) IVT offers more features and the convenience of the IVT automatic but the Seltos has the punchier engine.

Coming from the Honda city with the 1.5 L engine (116 BHP), I wonder whether the 1.5 L engine in the Seltos/Creta (113 BHP) will feel underpowered considering that the Honda City is lighter than the duo.

I would appreciate everyone's take on this and I hope this post helps other people having the same dilemma.
You are spot on with Creta for the under 16 Lakh category. The additional safety tech is well worth over the not-so-important features in the Seltos.

In the under 19 Lakh category however, would recommend the Seltos 1.4 over the Creta 1.5 NA. Having the 1st-gen Creta 1.6L (123bhp) VTVT myself, I can say that the current-gen Creta’s 1.5L (113bhp) engine will barely offer the same punch as your current VTEC motor. Even the 1.6L NA motor couldn’t stand a chance before the Vtec. That Vtec thing is truly a gem of an engine!
And since you are ok with either of the transmission option, I think you should put your money on the Seltos Turbo Petrol.
ashvek3141 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks