Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2020, 21:56   #886
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

How does Electronic Parking Break button in Creta work while Car is moving at various speeds?

Will it stop the vehicle if it is pressed when moving at low speeds, say 10 KM or 20 KM per hour?
If car is moving at higher speeds, will it slow down the vehicle first and then stop it on subsequent press of EPB switch few times?

Posting a video of Compass for reference, EPB functionality explained from 2:48 onward -
MaanSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 22:38   #887
BHPian

Got Delivery today of my 1.4 SX turbo and drove it for 35-40 kms in the city. Here are initial observations:

1. DCT gearbox is butter-smooth in building speed and shifting. Haven’t tried any other mode other than default.

2. Suspension is on the stiffer side but flattens small imperfections on road and small pot holes. Large ones are felt. But I liked it this way, Car seems planted.

3. Auto hold is a boon in traffic.

4. Panoramic sunroof in Mumbai rains. Looks beautiful.

One question for other owners and even Seltos owners. I tried the wireless charging in the car on one of my phones which is LG G7+ (Google says it supports Qi fast charging), but it did not charge the device. At the dealership no one seemed to have a wireless charging compatible phone.

The question that I have is that what is the wireless charging standard used in the Seltos/Creta and where can we check compatibility of the device.
rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 22:58   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post

One question for other owners and even Seltos owners. I tried the wireless charging in the car on one of my phones which is LG G7+ (Google says it supports Qi fast charging), but it did not charge the device. At the dealership no one seemed to have a wireless charging compatible phone.

The question that I have is that what is the wireless charging standard used in the Seltos/Creta and where can we check compatibility of the device.
If you use a thick case on your phone wireless charging will not work. They all use the standard Qi charging standard.
Old 20th August 2020, 23:53   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
If you use a thick case on your phone wireless charging will not work. They all use the standard Qi charging standard.
I tried after removing the case also. But it did not charge. Maybe there is some setting thing. Will have to try again with some other phone to check.
Old 21st August 2020, 00:23   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Found this on google,
LG G7 Wireless Charging: What to Know
Doesn’t Support Fast Wireless Charging like Samsung devices
Only works with Qi Wireless Charging Mats
Doesn’t Work Through Most Cases
First things first, there are two different types of wireless charging. If you buy the wrong charging pad or your car doesn’t support the right type, it won’t work on the LG G7. There is Qi Wireless Charging, and the PMA Wireless Charging Standard. The LG G7 uses Qi Wireless Charging. And while most devices use the Qi standard, there are still PMA accessories sold everywhere online

IMO the Creta’s charging pad most probably is a Qi charger and your phone should charge on it, Is there any light which glows on the pad to show the phone is charging?

Edit: Just checked on YouTube I guess the 2020 Creta doesn’t get any light on the charging pad, which was there on the older model and in the Seltos as well, to indicate that the phone is charging.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 21st August 2020 at 00:37.
Old 21st August 2020, 00:47   #891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hearty congratulations, bud. Welcome to the 2020 Creta tribe!

It's Qi standard. Pic from my ownership report, 2nd page:

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200728_102514.jpg

Tested it with my friend's Samsung Galaxy S10+. The phone started charging the moment I placed it on the charging pad.

Funny enough, your LG G7+ doesn't show in the list of Qi enabled phones for 2020. Maybe Google is wrong.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 21st August 2020 at 00:54. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 09:46   #892
BHPian

Booked the 1.4 Turbo SX (O) at Hans Hyundai. Had initially selected the Deep Forest colour after seeing Romzy's posts but the SA informed that the waiting period for Deep Forest was pretty long and I should go with fast moving colours if I wanted the delivery by November. These fast movers seemed to be white (no surprise), black, silver and grey.

Ruled out white (despite RavenAvi's fantastic looking car) because it's a ubiquitous car shade in Delhi. Silver, as seen in Teqhead's posts, does benefit from the colour-match with the arch pillars but is a bit sedate for my preference. Black is easily the sexiest shade on offer, Turbokick's pictures drove home that so well, but the thought of maintaining it in dusty Delhi and an open parking dissuaded me. That left Titan Grey and
given how sleek Cbshi's car looked, that's the shade I went ahead and booked.
iamitp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 15:15   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Booked the 1.4 Turbo SX (O) at Hans Hyundai.
Congratulations!!! Been closely following your selection process all this while.

After almost booking a city you finally went ahead with the Creta.

Even though you liked both the Seltos and Creta you went ahead with the Creta finally.

Any reason what made the cut for the Creta over the Seltos?

Last edited by sv97 : 21st August 2020 at 15:26.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 16:08   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Any reason what made the cut for the Creta over the Seltos?
Thank you! Indeed it's been a roller coaster. Had fixed the Verna Turbo first but then no one in Delhi can offer me a TD so was heavily swayed by the City. Then this season's rains and waterlogging made me consider the Kia Sonet before some family discussions made me realize that Creta's top Turbo variant (with must have 6 airbags) would be within budget.

Chose Creta over Seltos because features that Seltos tempted me with could be retro fitted, i.e. HUD, front parking sensors and 360 degree camera/blindspot monitoring can be pretty easily added in places like Karol Bagh for less than 30K and 3 hours however adding a Panoramic Sunroof, paddle shifters and an EPB would be significantly harder and much more expensive. I'm neutral on the steering telescopic adjustment and auto wipers - if I don't miss them, I can live without them.

In terms of styling, I prefer the distinctive presence of Creta over the busy but conventional design of the Seltos. Not too fussed over the differences in ride and handling.
iamitp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 23:40   #895
BHPian

Hello guys.

I was looking at a YouTube video for a space comparison between the Seltos and the Creta.

I did find this one video :

Although I do find some claims a little doubtful.

1) He mentions the legroom available in the Creta at 10 cm (min) and 34 cm (max)

2) He mentions the legroom available in the Seltos at 8 cm (min) and 23 cm (max)

Difference of 11 cm at maximum position is shocking.

How can two cars built on the same platform, having almost the same dimensions, having the same boot space have so much difference in rear legroom?

I would appreciate your comments on this.

A second point would be regarding the difference in ride quality of the two cars, how much better is the ride quality of the Creta compared to the Seltos on a scale of say 1-10?
(Almost all comparisons in Youtube talk about Creta' better ride quality but none do it in a quantitative manner)
Vedant Gupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 23:56   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
Hello guys.
1) He mentions the legroom available in the Creta at 10 cm (min) and 34 cm (max)

2) He mentions the legroom available in the Seltos at 8 cm (min) and 23 cm (max)

Difference of 11 cm at maximum position is shocking.

How can two cars built on the same platform, having almost the same dimensions, having the same boot space have so much difference in rear legroom?

I would appreciate your comments on this.
Well, he did measure the max legroom with the driver seat in the Creta and the front passenger seat in the Seltos.

Creta as far as I remember has only tilt adjustable steering (no reach adjustment) so maybe the driver's seat has a longer range of travel (they might have kept the fairer sex in mind while deciding to give the driver's seat increased travel range..at least I hope they did).
Old 22nd August 2020, 23:50   #897
Senior - BHPian

i have to say that the Hyundai designers do know a thing or two about designs that kind of grow on you to the point that they start becoming stunners. It is such an eye catching design on the road.

I have been seeing more an more new Cretas on the road. Black, White, Silver (this surprised me the most with a wonderful example on this thread!)..they all look like a million bucks and super premium. The Seltos just doesn't match that vibe. Tyres that are 1cm wider complete the package.

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by manson : 23rd August 2020 at 00:06. Reason: Typo
shibujp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 13:23   #898

Quote:

Firstly, congratulations and wishing you many happy memories!

Regarding the wireless charging, I presume you've confirmed that the Wireless Charging option is enabled?!

To check -
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Vehicle
3. Under Vehicle Settings, look for Convenience and on the right, the Wireless Charging system should be checked.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img_20200823_125007.jpg  

Romzy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 17:02   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
i have to say that the Hyundai designers do know a thing or two about designs that kind of grow on you to the point that they start becoming stunners. It is such an eye catching design on the road.

I have been seeing more an more new Cretas on the road. Black, White, Silver (this surprised me the most with a wonderful example on this thread!)..they all look like a million bucks and super premium. The Seltos just doesn't match that vibe. Tyres that are 1cm wider complete the package.

Drive on,
Shibu

I too have noticed a lot of New Cretas on the road. The desgin was eye catching to me since start and I even checked it out during the Auto Expo.

It grew on me well but after observing all the car for a month or two now I have suddenly started hating the design. I wouldn't buy it for its looks at all. Frankly it looks like the car is going to vomit soon. I hope none of the prospective buyers and owners take offense.

I have started appreciating the Seltos more and more. Out of the two the Seltos' butch design IMHO is timeless.

I dont get the premiumness quotient of either of the two cars. They are as common as baleno now in my area. To be fair I live within a walking distance to a Kia and a Hyundai dealership.
Old 23rd August 2020, 19:10   #900
Senior - BHPian

The biggest culprit on the Creta is that ginormous grille which seems to have been lifted off an HM Ambassador. I don't even think half those grille vents are functional.

Hope Hyundai will fix it with a facelift in a year or two.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks