Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2020, 18:15   #946
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigarm View Post
I did find one glitch though. The welcome function isn't working. I enabled it from the menu, but when I come close to car with keys in my pocket, OVRM don't open as they should. I have to unlock the car with request sensor on the door. Not sure what the issue is. Has anyone else faced this issue?
Try disabling and re-enabling the welcome function option. It usually seems to work.
alen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 20:13   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen View Post
I got the delivery of my Creta Diesel Automatic SX(O) last month and am happy that I went with the Automatic option. Yes, there is a slight dip in the mileage (as compared to manual) but that is a sacrifice I was ready to make over convenience and comfort.

Now since you have already ruled out the Petrol DCT, I won't say much but having driven a friend's Turbo automatic variant, the difference in power is quite noticeable and brings a smile to the face.

If your criteria is mileage then go ahead with the Diesel Auto and if it is power then Turbo Auto it is for you.
I got a very limited ride on manual and AT diesel variants. Just a few laps in the service center. I felt a noticeable lag when starting from standstill, and didn't like the suspension on speed breakers. There was no rough road there to test. Otherwise the features and all are really drool-worthy.
Old 31st August 2020, 21:49   #948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqhead View Post
I faced it too on day 1, press the orvm folding button once and you are good to go. You might have folded it using the button.
I tried it. Didn't work. I have disabled and enabled the option from sceen again as well. Nothing seems to be working. Will take it to Hyundai guy's and get it checked. Everything else seems to be working spot on.
Old 1st September 2020, 00:49   #949
BHPian

Quote:
I tried it. Didn't work. I have disabled and enabled the option from sceen again as well. Nothing seems to be working. Will take it to Hyundai guy's and get it checked. Everything else seems to be working spot on.
Ok, let us know what was the issue with this.
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:55   #950
Senior - BHPian

2020 Hyundai Creta is the most sold SUV for 4th month in a row.

Quote:
In August 2020, the Creta posted 11,758 units while the Seltos managed a total of 10,655 units. Creta even beats all sub-4m SUVs like Vitara Brezza, Venue, Nexon, XUV300 and all others from the segment.
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-smartselect_20200902115103_chrome.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-smartselect_20200902115121_chrome.jpg

https://gaadiwaadi.com/new-hyundai-c...onth-in-a-row/
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 17:12   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Attaching a screenshot from the brochure's colour options page. The fact that turbo variant colours are offered in addition to the regular shades should have been clearly spelt out on this page, which it isn't; leading to confusion for many.
I am currently holding on to my booking and trying to finalize the color & Date when I can pick up the car, But the SA is still adamant that Turbo petrol variant only comes in those 3 shades and no other color option is available.
I m more keen towards the Galaxy Blue or Mulberry Red shade, but looks like there is still some confusion at the dealer level.
Folks who have got or booked turbo petrol variants in other shades (Read them as Single Tone - Titan Grey, Typhoon Silver, Galaxy Blue, Mulberry Red) can you help me out with your car pics that I can show it to my SA to check and update my color choice accordingly.

Thanks in Advance..!!!
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 21:18   #952
BHPian

So I went to Koncept Hyundai in Green Park today because they had Turbo variant on display. Their SA actually gave me a lower delivery date, i.e. 1 month and confirmed that Turbo is only available in Orange, Green, White and Black with Dual Tone options. Thinking about cancelling my booking at Hans Hyundai and booking with Koncept as they seem better aware.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 22:19   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I m more keen towards the Galaxy Blue or Mulberry Red shade, but looks like there is still some confusion at the dealer level.
Folks who have got or booked turbo petrol variants in other shades (Read them as Single Tone - Titan Grey, Typhoon Silver, Galaxy Blue, Mulberry Red) can you help me out with your car pics that I can show it to my SA to check and update my color choice accordingly.

Thanks in Advance..!!!
Hey, I’ve seen all the colours in person except for the Lava Orange and Forest Green. Please note that the Mulberry Red is a little darker than the pictures lead you to believe. It’s not a snazzy, sporty red but more an vintage shade of Red.

Also, the Galaxy blue is a little lighter, like a powder blue l, as opposed to the darker shades that you get in the BMW (Imperial Blue) or the Electric Blue in the Swift.
Unrealistic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 22:25   #954

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
the SA is still adamant that Turbo petrol variant only comes in those 3 shades and no other color option is available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
So I went to Koncept Hyundai in Green Park today because they had Turbo variant on display. Their SA actually gave me a lower delivery date, i.e. 1 month and confirmed that Turbo is only available in Orange, Green, White and Black with Dual Tone options. Thinking about cancelling my booking at Hans Hyundai and booking with Koncept as they seem better aware.
That's what I was stating earlier - as far as I could tell, the Turbo only comes in 3 color options of which, the Lava Orange and the White (both with Black roofs) follow a similar color style whereas the Deep Forest has a uniform color palette with the silver lightening arch instead of black as on the other two.

I really really wanted the car in the Silver/Grey and even Blue seemed interesting but I just wasn't convinced on choosing color over the extra HP and Torque (shrugs)
Romzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 23:41   #955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzy View Post
That's what I was stating earlier - as far as I could tell, the Turbo only comes in 3 color options of which, the Lava Orange and the White (both with Black roofs) follow a similar color style whereas the Deep Forest has a uniform color palette with the silver lightening arch instead of black as on the other two
I just got Turbo in White without black roof. I was also given option to get black. Turbo is available in all colours I guess. Waiting time will depend on what varient/colour combo you choose. Turbo is mostly offered in the shades you mentioned plus all White and Black as well. But if you insist on a particular colour and are ready to wait, I guess you will get it.
jigarm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 23:45   #956
BHPian

It took exactly 1 month to complete 1000 km and the journey till date has been a pleasant experience.

Few pointers :
1. The kerb weight for the Petrol 1.5 is 1230 kg. (Gross being 1665 kg). This is approximately 30-35 kg lesser than the previous generation 1.6 Petrol variant.
2. Fuel economy is hovering around 11-13 kmpl with mixed driving cycle. Not bad ! Appreciation is due for a petrol crossover which isnt exactly lightweight.
3. NVH and driveability is the trump card of this engine. Ideal for city traffic. That said the mid range lacks the punch of turbo charged engines (I will rate 1.4 Turbo 9/10. 1.5 diesel 8/10 and 1.5 Petrol 7/10 in terms of overall performance). This is pretty evident in case of inclines too. There are some flat spots in the power band which needs to be negated well. But once it gathers momentum it is sufficiently fast. 90-110 is pretty much a comfortable affair on open roads.
4. Suspension set-up is impressive. Stiff at low speeds but once it gains pace it remains sorted. Road grip is excellent and vertical movements are well damped. In short high speed stability is more European than Korean now.
5. The infotainment system is pretty slick. ICE (Arkamys) is decently loud and clear. What it lacks is the bass of the sub woofer equipped BOSE setup in SXO variant. I believe a subwoofer added to the stock setup would close the gap.
6. Inspite of all the controversy surrounding the styling of the car, it looks wicked in BLACK.

I would like few points on the debate surrounding Creta vs City in terms of back seat comfort :

Advantage Creta :
1. Better ingress. You walk in to the car. Elderly people will like it more.
2. Headroom is superior. Obviously. Helps incase the roads are bumpy. 2 step seat recline adds to the choice.
3. Underthigh support is lot better. You sit upright and hence legroom isnt that big a problem. You neednot have to stretch much.
4. Panoramic sunroof makes a huge difference to the ambience. It can be subjective but claustrophobic is what Creta is not.
5. Road noise is very less. Thanks to good under body insulation you are well cocooned.

Advantage City :
1. Low slung. Hence lesser body roll naturally. People with motion sickness may prefer that. Again it is prospective only.
2. Middle passenger gets a headrest. No step motherly treatment here for the middle person..
3. Better legroom to slug in. Some like it that way. (Seating posture for both cars are different anyway.)
4. Seat recline is higher (some may prefer that)

Some photos of the car to highlight its shine
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-img20200902173944.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-picsart_090211.43.08.jpg  

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-picsart_090211.44.23.jpg  

Turbokick is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 02:53   #957

Quote:
I just got Turbo in White without black roof. I was also given option to get black. Turbo is available in all colours I guess. Waiting time will depend on what varient/colour combo you choose. Turbo is mostly offered in the shades you mentioned plus all White and Black as well. But if you insist on a particular colour and are ready to wait, I guess you will get it.
Then I stand corrected because you are the first person to actually confirm a model other than what was advertised on that very misleading brochure!

When I told the Hyundai dealership that the website gave me the option of choosing Black on the ClickToBuy site, they said it was an error and even went on to add that the people managing the website must have been confused
Romzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 06:55   #958
BHPian

Quote:
That's what I was stating earlier - as far as I could tell, the Turbo only comes in 3 color options
Quote:
I just got Turbo in White without black roof.
Quote:
Then I stand corrected because you are the first person to actually confirm a model other than what was advertised on that very misleading brochure!
Sorry to add to the confusion but as per 'Click to Buy' website and SA at Koncept Hyundai, there are FOUR colour options in total for the Turbo variant, i.e.:

1. Black (Single tone)
2. White (Single tone)
3. White (Dual tone)
4. Lava Orange (Dual tone; Have been told this will take the longest to get delivered due to low demand)

Note:- Deep Forest (Single tone; not showing on 'Click to Buy' at the moment though it was showing earlier; might have been discontinued due to low demand)

Hope this settles it.
Attached Images

Old 4th September 2020, 01:30   #959
BHPian

It has been 5.5 years with my Honda City Diesel. The car was required at our native place. Hence decided to send City to our native place and buy a new car for the family use here.

The requirements for the new car were:
a. SUV/Cross over (not a sedan)
b. Automatic
c. Petrol

The previous two cars owned - Etios and Honda City - were diesel variant. Presently, with limited running in the city and occasional trip to native place, the total running had come down to less than ten thousand KM per year. Hence Petrol variant made sense. Also decided to switch to automatic transmission from manual considering convenience factor and also my wife and daughter can drive it conveniently.

In Covid19 situation the search was largely limited to online analysis. Not much choice was there also. Though we have covered car parking, the length is limited to 4.4 meters. Honda City 4th gen parking has been just a squeeze. Even if we have liked to buy new generation Honda City, parking would have been an issue.

This eliminated Harrier and MG Hector from the list. For our budget, T-Roc and Karoq were way above and did not present value for money.

In the final consideration – it was Kia Seltos and Creta 2020. We visited few Hyundai and Kia showroom to check on Seltos and Creta and also test drove – DCT, IVT and Diesel automatic variant.

The final decision to go with Creta was influenced by below factors:

a. Back seat comfort and reclined angle was far better in Creta
b. The back seat was soft and the ride was plush
c. And of course, the panoramic sunroof

Normally, all our cars till now were either white or silver, but this time the unanimous choice was Phantom Black.

Booked Creta DCT SX (O) variant – Phantom Black color on 19-Aug-20 with Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennai. Got a call from SA that the vehicle was allocated on 27-Aug-20. Got the VIN number and checked the details – car production date was 26-Aug-20. (Car Served hot ). The car reached the dealership on 31-Aug and invoiced. Requested the dealer to do the registration on 04-Sep-20 and planning to take the car delivery same day evening.

Overall, it has been a great experience with the dealer and very swift delivery in 2 weeks. I decided to change the DCT Alloy to Diamond Cut Alloy and negotiated the cost as Rs. 17,500/- (after exchange of DCT Alloy). Diamond Cut Alloy order has been placed and expected delivery is in next two weeks. Also decided to go for 4 year, 60k KM Wonder warranty and for 5th year 1 lakh KM extended warranty for Rs 11,900/- extra.
AshBabu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 07:43   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
Also decided to go for 4 year, 60k KM Wonder warranty and for 5th year 1 lakh KM extended warranty for Rs 11,900/- extra.
Congrats on the car and good decision on going for the extended warranty. I had couple of problems right after the extended warranty period was over. Some of these were pretty expensive.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed