Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2020, 11:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Force Motors @ Auto Expo 2020

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new front fascia on all the Trax family vehicles displayed by Force Motors?

I genuinely thought they learned their lesson when they reverted to simple and elegant straight lines after the plasticky 2016-17 Gurkha.

Even the redesigned rear does not look good to me. Hope they stick to small and subtle changes that do not dilute the rugged identify of the Trax range and focus on improving overall quality and interiors of their vehicles.

Pic courtesy: Motorbash.com
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors @ Auto Expo 2020-forcegurkhapicsreview28.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th February 2020 at 10:41. Reason: line spacing
CarCynic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 11:29   #17

I personally love their new City bus which the BEST has commissioned in Mumbai. These buses are a boon with the current state of Mumbai roads due to metro construction. Plus these buses are not an eyesore like the old BEST buses. It makes Mumbai look like a modern city.
A kudos must also be give to the BEST corp. because they saw that their buses were economically not viable on long routes and hence it only made sense to have smaller buses on shorter routes to keep costs down. Overall a great initiative and foresight to revive the failing public transport system.
Wingman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 11:47   #18
BHPian

As per my knowledge due to present cost & the huge portfolio, they decided to first upgrade there bread & butter engine 2.6 Litres for BS6, as that compromises of 60 to 70% of their sales.

All other engines 2.2 ltr, 3.2 ltr should follow BS 6 up gradation in next 6 to 8 months with subsequent variants.
007 Bond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 12:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
As per my knowledge due to present cost & the huge portfolio, they decided to first upgrade there bread & butter engine 2.6 Litres for BS6, as that compromises of 60 to 70% of their sales.

Any word on an updated Gama on the new platform ? I hope they are not going to stop at the Cruiser and Kargo King alone.
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 13:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Force Motors this year has more interesting cars than Maruti .
Of course yes! I wish I could see the new T1N on the road than any other cars in the expo. Stunning
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 13:25   #21
BHPian

Thanks for sharing these pics.

The interiors of the gurkha now looks way better than before.

Perhaps an all black interior is also on the cards ?

Any idea when these vehicles would be available at showrooms ?

An old BS4 gurkha with an interior swap from the present BS6 model looks very possible ..

BTW, I am a fan of the way the older gurkha looks..
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors @ Auto Expo 2020-bs4gurkha.jpg  

bikertillidie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 13:29   #22
BHPian

Walk around video of the Gurkha.
Old 7th February 2020, 17:24   #23
BHPian

For me the highlight of the AE20 was the modified GURKHA. It was crazy.
Nothing comes close to it. kudos to Force motors for trying out something BIG and Monstrous!
The revised Gurkha looks promising. It's now better designed.
Old 7th February 2020, 17:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paavan Shetty View Post
Hello TusharK,
The function of the same is to prevent/restrict transverse movement of the axle.
Let me know if I wasn't clear enough.
above action in order to reduce axle warping ?

Regards,
Shubhendra
Old 7th February 2020, 18:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

I doubt Force motors have any serious intent on the private market space. Their primary business in contract assembly and commerical vehicles. Their efforts speak for themselves. The Force 10 that sank without much of a fight, and the short wheelbase Gurkha that was positively crushed by the Thar.

The current model too is an unabashed rip-off of the G-Wagen thanks to their chummy relationship with Mercedes. Private vehicle owners will never put up with these kind of mediocre quality offerings. The market has moved on.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 7th February 2020, 19:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Force looks to have taken a cue from the Sierra fans and put out this 3-door version. If only they jazz it up and give it better looks and interiors - they may have a more successful version on their hands. But sadly, their utilitarian concepts continue in this model and misses some important points of being a life-style vehicle.
Old 7th February 2020, 20:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
above action in order to reduce axle warping ?

Regards,
Shubhendra
Hi Shubhendra,

The component required to avoid axle wrapping is called Traction bar. To understand the same, please check below images.

The one I'm talking about is Track bar, and it is used to avoid axial movement of axle in a coil spring suspension, where if the track bar isn't included the damper and spring will have to bear the axial load which might damage them severely. In a leaf spring setup the leaf springs are rigid enough to take that axial load. But heavy duty vehicles (bigger trucks,buses,hardcore off-roaders.etc) do have leaf spring suspensions having track bar for added rigidity.

Let me know if you are not clear enough!
Paavan Shetty is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 23:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Any word on an updated Gama on the new platform ? I hope they are not going to stop at the Cruiser and Kargo King alone.

Hope so! I happened to visit a shop last week in Kochi - big board outside says authorised force motors spares dealer - selling only force motors spares. I asked him if he knew anyone who wanted to buy a Force Gama because I was thinking of selling. He's been running that shop a few years but did not know something named Gama rolled off the Force production line! Force is not gonna lose volumes if they don't update the Gama.
Old 8th February 2020, 00:47   #29

What happened to the Gurkha Extreme? Looks like they have no plan to upgrade Extreme 2.2L to BS6.
Old 8th February 2020, 18:23   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Glad to see the Updated Gurkha. Wonder why did FM go back in getting the FM 2.6 CR engine again in the Gurkha? What happened to the FM 2.2 CR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I was hoping the poorly powered 2.6L would be EOL'ed and replaced across the board with 2.2L and with volumes would be competitively priced!
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I don't understand the reason for going back to 2.6 engine. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post

All other engines 2.2 ltr, 3.2 ltr should follow BS 6 up gradation in next 6 to 8 months with subsequent variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertillidie View Post
...The interiors of the gurkha now looks way better than before.
Perhaps an all black interior is also on the cards ? Any idea when these vehicles would be available at showrooms ? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujilps View Post
What happened to the Gurkha Extreme? Looks like they have no plan to upgrade Extreme 2.2L to BS6.

The new Gurkha was a mixed bag in this Auto Expo. The company officials mentioned that this is based on an all new platform and one could visibly see that the body tooling and the exterior finish is a huge step up from the previous Gurkha. The large side glass and the rear door glass look classy and give it a very nice look.

However, that's where all the excitement ends and disappointment starts.

Engine: It now has a 90 BHP 2.6 engine and the 2.2 is not even on the radar right now. All presumably because of BS6 regulations. With the 2.6 doing duty in several other commercial vehicles in different state of tune it made sense to use the 2.6 in this Gurkha. Just wished that at least give it a 115 BHP state of tune as is done in other traveller models.

Front Axle: It has IFS in front and the front rigid live axle is no more now. Only offoraders can feel what this means to go missing from the Gurkha!

Interiors: The only good thing is the 2 front facing seats at back! While Force may say that the interiors are a big + from previous Gurkha but in person they look cheap and really out of place in this day and age. It's a really shoddy job, especially when even the new Force Traveller has great interiors.

Have a look at side by side comparison of the dash of new Force Traveller displayed and the New Gurkha
Force Motors @ Auto Expo 2020-gurkhatraveller.png

The comparison of the doors
Name:  gurkhatravellerdoors.PNG
Views: 1798
Size:  675.6 KB

Really it's a 1 step forward (Body-exterior) and 2 steps backward (engine & interiors) from Force as always!
khan_sultan is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks