Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2020, 00:02   #316
BHPian

Re: VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
To the new owners here, as the Official Polo TSI review (Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review) says, the recommendation is 95 RON petrol. I would like to know the following:
  • Are you filling up with the recommended 95 Octane fuel or the normal 91 Octane?
  • Is it harmful for the engine in the long run if we continuously use 91 RON (Given the limited availability of 95 RON fuel stations)? What are the other issues related to the same?
  • Is it okay to switch between 91 and 95 petrol based on availability?
My 2013 GT TSI had the same 95 RON recommendation in the fuel cap. But have been using regular 91 RON fuel without any issues. And mixing different RON fuel occasionally in between has also not posed any issues. So, this should not have a direct impact on the longevity of the engine, though performance/ finesse will be superior with higher RON fuel.
drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 00:41   #317
BHPian

Re: VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Never fear about VW pricing. It keeps oscillating based on demand, supply and competition. The Polo Highline Plus TSI Manual, which officially started at 8.05 lakhs at launch just 3 months ago, is widely being advertised now as being available for 7.39 lakhs by various dealers via whatsapp marketing. Even the official prices have been dropped to 7.89 lakhs. My guess is, we would see similar price drops or discounts on the Polo TSI Auto Highline Plus and should be able to get one around 8.5 lakhs ex-showroom.
Have the TC AT prices been officially announced already?
Old 24th July 2020, 00:45   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Have the TC AT prices been officially announced already?
Below are the auto ex-showroom prices
Highline plus AT - 9.12L
GT AT - 9.59L
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 10:30   #319
BHPian

Just made a video on my 500 km "Quarantine Drive" - from Chengalpattu to Palakkad. Overall I am happy about the highway manners and fuel efficiency. Also tried to capture the procedure/issues related to travel during quarantine times

IntoTheStorm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 14:04   #320
BHPian

Received some snaps of the Vento TSI Comfortline Plus from the nearby dealer today. Even though the Rs 8.39 lakhs ex-showroom price makes it really VFM along with all the available features, it is still a little disappointing to see the crippled power window controls.
Attached Thumbnails
VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT-img20200728wa0004_1.jpg  

VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT-img20200728wa0009_1.jpg  

VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT-img20200728wa0008.jpg  

VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT-img20200728wa0006.jpg  

VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT-img20200728wa0005.jpg  

shankha007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 12:50   #321
BHPian

Up to Rs 1.6 lakh off on Volkswagen Vento, Polo

From among the six versions of the sedan on offer, the mid-spec Volkswagen Vento Comfortline is available with the maximum discount. Meanwhile, the entry-level Polo Trendline gets the biggest cut.
  • Select Volkswagen Vento variants get up to Rs 1.6 lakh off on the ex-showroom price
  • Select Volkswagen Polo variants get up to Rs 29,000 off on the ex-showroom price
  • Offer not valid on the Polo and Vento with the 6-speed automatic

Source:
Old 7th September 2020, 19:26   #322
VRJ
BHPian

Autocar's review of the Torque Converter (TC) Vento is out. The 0-60 and 0-100 timings are very similar between the 1.0 TC and the 1.2 DSG. The DSG obviously shifts gears quicker than the TC, but the long term reliability of the TC is a major advantage. I'm guessing the numbers for the upcoming Rapid automatic TC would be similar.

VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT-vento.jpg

Cheers!
VRJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 20:21   #323
BHPian

There goes all the charm of driving a VW with DSG. Why VW why? Having driven a DSG for 1.13 L KM I can confidently say, new TC owners would miss some great fun without DSG. Apart from being a great fun to drive cars, DSG used to send shivers down the spine at high RPM’s. That sports mode! Woah! Not that a DSG never had niggles but it used to compensate with a large grin every time you are behind the steering wheel.

Floral Tributes to the DSG! Thanks for serving us!
Old 7th September 2020, 21:39   #324
BHPian

Interesting but practical move by VW for a country like ours. With overflowing traffic and long jams in the cities and even on many popular highways it's extremely difficult for a DSG gearbox to adapt to our Roads. Its no fun being dinged by customers due to the overheating DSG gearbox problems and resulting costly repairs.
Old 20th September 2020, 18:13   #325
BHPian

So with all the information out, I can't recommend the "GT" to anybody I their right mind.
So when I bought my previous GT, in 2014, the ex-showroom price for the Polo Highline was Rs. 6.26L, and the GT was Rs. 8.23L
That is a premium of Rs. 1.97L for an upgrade to a 1.2L TSI and a DSG.
Also in %age terms assuming that the original engine and gearbox are worth zero; 24% of the cost of the GT was the engine and the gearbox.

Now the ex-showroom for the Highline is Rs. 7.89L and the "GT" (sic) is Rs. 9.67L, which is a premium of Rs. 1.78L for a TC-AT box?!? Seriously.
So again in % terms the TC-AT box is 18% Of the cost of the car!?

This is such "do-not-care" pricing from VW! Or someone just itching to prove internally that automatics don't sell. Or...

Aaargh!
It also looks like nobody cares. There's no videos on Youtube, nobody talking about it here, nothing.

Way to go killing a VFM, solid hot hatch (severely modified definition for India).

Hope the Taigun comes with the 1.5L TSI + DSG combo on the top-end. One can hope.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks