Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2020, 16:00   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
Is there any news about added features in the GT line? I cannot find any info on the official website.
I don't think there are any added features. Further, if the Highline is also getting 1.0 L TSI, how would it be different from the 1.0 TSI GT with manual transmission? GT is mechanically the same as a regular Polo.
Old 5th March 2020, 16:40   #107

Re: VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT

I've been putting off purchasing the POLO TSI DSG for a very long time as I didn't have faith in the durability of the DQ200 in Delhi-NCR's stop-go traffic, especially in the summer at 46degC+ heat.

Now that they are offering a regular TC AT i'm more inclined. Does anyone know which 6speedTC AT VW is mating with the 1.0 TSI engine? Is it AISINS's -
- TF60-Series AWF6F16 ?
- TF60-Series AWF6F25 ?
- TM-60LS ?
- AISIN/VW's co-developed 09G?
- or is it something else altogether?

I'd like to read up on the transmissions performance as part of my decision making process...Thank You

Last edited by elMattador : 5th March 2020 at 16:45.
elMattador is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 08:23   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Further, if the Highline is also getting 1.0 L TSI, how would it be different from the 1.0 TSI GT with manual transmission? GT is mechanically the same as a regular Polo.
The highline will only have 1 L TSI manual and GT will have automatic transmission.
Old 6th March 2020, 09:30   #109
Senior - BHPian

Does VW offer a TSI with a Torque converter automatic anywhere else in their global markets for the entry level segment? I only recall small capacity TSI engines paired with a DSG as the default automatic option from reviews online. It will be interesting to see how the driving characteristics are changed with the new engine gearbox combination

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 6th March 2020 at 09:47.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 13:43   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked with BLR dealers. They are expecting demo and display cars end-March only.
Old 7th March 2020, 01:57   #111
BHPian

Polo GT -- 1.0 TSI will be paired ONLY with Automatic Transmission. 1.0 TSI (110hp) + 6-Speed Manual will be offered in Highline+ variant.

Excerpt from the interview of Steffen Knapp (VW) by Sirish Chandran (Evo India).

Quote:
SC: The Polo GT has always been an enthusiast’s car, now you have a manual gearbox with the turbo-petrol engine. But why don't you offer the manual gearbox with GT?

SK: Because we believe there is legacy. In India, it always related to automatic transmission. So, therefore we said no, let’s restrict it to the classic and put the automatic transmission combination in there. If we see people coming and asking for it. Obviously, it is an easy thing to put it in. But initially, the brand is about consistency you know and we never offered it and therefore we kept it as an automatic.

Last edited by sechebe : 7th March 2020 at 02:02.
sechebe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 08:52   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechebe View Post
Polo GT -- 1.0 TSI will be paired ONLY with Automatic Transmission. 1.0 TSI (110hp) + 6-Speed Manual will be offered in Highline+ variant.
What exactly will be the performance difference between Highline and GT? Now both have the same 1.0L TSI with 110bhp.

The GT will have the cosmetic and badging but being a torque converter the GT will be slower than the Highline Manual.

They talk of consistency but then this does not make sense. A GT version slower than a Highline version!
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 09:29   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What exactly will be the performance difference between Highline and GT? Now both have the same 1.0L TSI with 110bhp.

The GT will have the cosmetic and badging but being a torque converter the GT will be slower than the Highline Manual.

They talk of consistency but then this does not make sense. A GT version slower than a Highline version!
Absolutely, it is quite odd an explanation from Steffen, as VW offered Manual in GT TDI till date. GT trim may have some badging and cosmetic tweaks, but GB aside, mechanically Highline+ and GT are same.

Another puzzling thing is, for Vento TSI, the Highline+ Manual and Highline+ TC Auto have a price difference of only 1.30 Lakhs, whereas in case of Polo Highline+ and GT Auto are 1.57 Lakhs apart. On the flip side, we get the more fun Polo (Manual) cheaper

Remarkable 'consistency' Volkswagen
Old 7th March 2020, 09:42   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
1.0 ltr MPI 76PS of peak power and 95Nm peak torque.
1.0 ltr TSI 110PS of peak power and 175Nm peak torque.

1.0 ltr MPI Trendline, comfortline and highline plus
1.0 ltr TSI 110PS highline plus and GT line.

On a lighter note, your handle is now extinct
I thought VW promised us 200 NM on the 1.0 TSI. at least that's what I remember reading during the Auto Expo time.

Regards
Bharath
Old 7th March 2020, 10:18   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I thought VW promised us 200 NM on the 1.0 TSI. at least that's what I remember reading during the Auto Expo time.
Lower variants of the Polo get a 1.0-litre MPI unit making 76PS/95Nm.

Top-spec Highline+ and Polo GT gets a 1.0-litre TSI unit producing 110PS/175Nm.

Vento also gets the 1.0-litre TSI engine with an identical power output.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 10:56   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Is VW in the process of setting up their plant for the new (2017) Polo?

I was expecting them to at least move to the new design by BS6 rather than this old car being updated.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 16:08   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Checked with BLR dealers. They are expecting demo and display cars end-March only.
Seems to be true. Dealer at Trivandrum is expecting TD cars by April and deliveries by June!

I think VW will be focusing on the T-ROC deliveries first which may impact the Polo and Vento deliveries.

Sharing a price list I picked up as well.

VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT-pricelist_vw.jpg
Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 16:17   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow. 16L+ for the highline plus with a 1.0 TSI and a TC gearbox. I think I need to make sure, I can run my 1.2 Vento tsi dsg for several more years.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 17:19   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Seems to be true. Dealer at Trivandrum is expecting TD cars by April and deliveries by June!

I think VW will be focusing on the T-ROC deliveries first which may impact the Polo and Vento deliveries.

Sharing a price list I picked up as well.

Attachment 1977813
Drive on,
Shibu.
Polo Highline even comes with an AT? How are they going to differentiate the GT?
Old 8th March 2020, 17:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Polo Highline even comes with an AT? How are they going to differentiate the GT?
Additional body kit, all black interiors and different grill is what the Gurgaon SA told me a few days back. Not sure how accurate this information is though.
karan85 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks