Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2020, 17:28   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Wow. 16L+ for the highline plus with a 1.0 TSI and a TC gearbox. I think I need to make sure, I can run my 1.2 Vento tsi dsg for several more years.
Just set aside a couple of lakhs for DSG gearbox repairs (mechatronics, clutch pack etc). It should be possible to use it for 8 to 10 years. Absolutely no point in spending 16+ Lakhs for a Vento!

PS: I am planning to keep my Polo GT TSi at least for 8 years. By then we should have good EVs.
graaja is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 18:07   #122
BHPian

Re: VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Seems to be true. Dealer at Trivandrum is expecting TD cars by April and deliveries by June!

I think VW will be focusing on the T-ROC deliveries first which may impact the Polo and Vento deliveries.

Sharing a price list I picked up as well.

Attachment 1977813
Drive on,
Shibu.
What is VW up to? Already Vento sales are nothing to write home about and top of that they expect 16+ for 1.0 TSI with TC box! In the 15-20L price bracket, there are many other choices like Seltos, Creta, Harrier, etc. This will be a sales dud I think.
Old 8th March 2020, 18:09   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Polo Highline even comes with an AT? How are they going to differentiate the GT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan85 View Post
Additional body kit, all black interiors and different grill ...
The GT difference being reduced to cosmetics? That is a real shame.

Or... maybe not. If we don't obsess the badge, we can simply buy the cheaper Highline and enjoy the same performance.
Old 8th March 2020, 21:07   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Just set aside a couple of lakhs for DSG gearbox repairs (mechatronics, clutch pack etc). It should be possible to use it for 8 to 10 years. Absolutely no point in spending 16+ Lakhs for a Vento!

PS: I am planning to keep my Polo GT TSi at least for 8 years. By then we should have good EVs.
That is the plan. I am already in the 7th year and the last year of the add on warranty. Will be on my own post November. Hope the continue to support the DSG issues properly including availability of spares.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 21:09   #125
Senior - BHPian

When VW launched the 1.6 GT TDI, I was smitten like many owners here by the maddening performance it offered. However, I am pretty sure that all of us really hated VW for offering little or no visual difference between this premium variant and the regular Highlines. Only thing that we could sort of pride on was the 1.6 TDI engine over the smaller 1.2 TDI on the regular Polo.

When I bought the pre-GTI(ish) facelift GT TDI after over 5 years, VW had still not done anything in this matter, other than offering glossy black ORVMs. It was all the more irritating when the 1.5 TDI was made standard across the Polo range. One could simply argue that a Highline was a more economical option as a basic remap would essentially make it a GT TDI.

Just when I thought VW India could not get any more twisted, they offer a regular Highline Polo with the same engine+gearbox combo that GT has. Surely, they are going to offer an all black interior, sport pedals (look-alike), GT badges and emblems up front.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if VW goes the Market Disruption way to at least offer:
  • LED headlights on the GT variant.
  • Paddle shifters on the Vento Highline Plus.
  • Exquisite colors on GT variants.
If nothing as such really materializes, it will just be another one of these Suzuki Swift RS sort of hopeless and insignificant attempts.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th May 2020 at 12:36. Reason: Spacing
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 21:22   #126
BHPian

WV India should have just discontinued the GT variant when they decided to introduce the same engine and auto transmission in Highline Plus. The exclusivity of GT is lost in this case. I am extremely happy with my decision to buy the GT this December as I would have sorely missed the 1.2L and DSG.

One other thing to factor here is tuning or remapping the engine. The 1.2L is purely tuned for mileage and the engine has a lot more potential than the stock tunning. So you can always add power to your engine if needed. The 1.0L has been tuned to match or outpower the out outgoing engine and we will need to wait and see how much more KW can we add over the stock tunning.
Old 8th March 2020, 21:41   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The GT difference being reduced to cosmetics? That is a real shame.

Or... maybe not. If we don't obsess the badge, we can simply buy the cheaper Highline and enjoy the same performance.
I think the Highline lacks ECS, TC and Hill Hold which the GT would continue to offer. These are worth paying the extra for.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 23:00   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
When VW launched the 1.6 GT TDI, I was smitten like many owners here by the maddening performance it offered. However, I am pretty sure that all of us really hated VW for offering little or no visual difference between this premium variant and the regular Highlines. Only thing that we could sort of pride on was the 1.6 TDI engine over the smaller 1.2 TDI on the regular Polo.
When I bought the pre-GTI(ish) facelift GT TDI after over 5 years, VW had still not done anything in this matter, other than offering glossy black ORVMs. It was all the more irritating when the 1.5 TDI was made standard across the Polo range. One could simply argue that a Highline was a more economical option as a basic remap would essentially make it a GT TDI.
... ... ...
The original GTi ethos: the car looks very ordinary, but it does not drive ordinary.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:56   #129
ARG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Seems to be true. Dealer at Trivandrum is expecting TD cars by April and deliveries by June!
Shibu.
Yes, I heard the same from the Tvm dealer. The Ekm dealer estimated wait-periods, to be around 4 months, though. As usual, everyone is very helpful - but no one seems to know much!

I was looking to replace my 2013 Swift ZXI with the 1.0 turbopetrol Polo, & am now going for the 1.5 diesel Figo.

Cheers!
Old 9th March 2020, 17:09   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

BLR pricelist for new Vento & Polo.
Attached Thumbnails
VW India discontinues DSG in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT-img20200309wa0037.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 18:03   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
What is the difference between Highline TSI AT and GT TSI?
Old 9th March 2020, 18:50   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
What is the difference between Highline TSI AT and GT TSI?
See post 120 above. It's just cosmetic differences.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 19:34   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm neither a software engineer nor a web designer but I don't believe that in this age, updating a website is so hard for a big company like Volkswagen. Their Polo section of website is nothing but crap. The Polo shows 1L MPI and 1.5TDI both engine options. The Polo GT section shows 1L MPI 76PS and 7speed DSG (both of which are incorrect). And when we scroll down, it shows 1.2L TSI engine and 1.5TDi too!! All this when dealers have got the individual variant wise pricelist.
hemanth.anand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 19:54   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan85 View Post
Additional body kit, all black interiors and different grill is what the Gurgaon SA told me a few days back. Not sure how accurate this information is though.
This would be true. They did have two variants the current GT - the higher variant was called the GT Sport I believe which was basically extra body kit and stickering. The ways of VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Look at the price of the Vento Comfortline TSI MT and the Highline TSI MT. They look exactly the same! Same issue in the pricelist I shared.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 9th March 2020 at 19:57.
Old 9th March 2020, 20:50   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW India discontinues DSG gearbox in Polo & Vento 1.0 TSI, replaces with torque converter AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Very good, the resale value of my Vento just went a little better. The only reason I got Vento over other cars was tsi+dsg, it was a key differentiator, with that gone it will be even more tough for it to compete with likes of Verna and city.
Requoting my post from page 1, i am so glad i have held on to my vento seeing the attorciuous pricing that VW has come up with. I completely agree with a post above, keep aside a lac or so for DSG overhaul(in case of a failure), and continue enjoying the 1.2 DSG + TSI combo in the current car, it's just a hoot to drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks