Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2020, 22:56   #391
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncar View Post
I would wait rather then buy a car based more on price considerations especially when I could possibly get something better within my budget later.
I agree with most of your points. You're certainly helping me delay my buying which could prove to be a boon for me in the long run

Thanks a ton for your input.
SidR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 23:15   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't push it too low in 2nd gear though. I let the revs drop real low in 2nd and stalled it on Saturday. I stalled it once again on Sunday. You cannot be careless if trying to pull away from low revs in 2nd. Give it a little more gas & delay the clutch release a wee bit more.
This stalling issue initially started with the 1.8 TSI introduced in the Laura and Superb MT in 2009 and takes some time to get used to.(Stalling never happened in the older 2004-2007 VRS 1.8 TPI motor)
123.rishabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 23:20   #393
BHPian

Here is the response from Zac, if its done by the dealer then no issues in warranty! However I'm not sure how will they track this down a year later as this does not get covered in the service history 🤔
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-screenshot_20200630231632_facebook.jpg  

Sabrish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 23:28   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrish View Post
Here is the response from Zac, if its done by the dealer then no issues in warranty! However I'm not sure how will they track this down a year later as this does not get covered in the service history 🤔
You can hold onto the receipt.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 01:18   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha..the only thing they are bothered about is to ensure that the money for the alloys land in their wallet. There are so many car running upsizes and wider rubber with no issues at all. That said they are pretty prompt in killing your warranty for the respective part if you upsize.

It is high time these companies understand the changing aspirations of their customers and provide range of alloys without charging a bomb for it.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 03:20   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
. Just have to control the itch of upgrading for some more time.
You really should. Now isn't the time to be splurging money on a depreciating asset. Think about it well before you take the plunge.

Your Suzuki Baleno has a gem of an engine and is a good, reliable car. Aside from the cheap bits on the inside, you're not really going to gain much from an upgrade. I bet the Baleno has more rear seat legroom than a Skoda Rapid.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 05:02   #397
Senior - BHPian

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Here is the response from Zac, if its done by the dealer then no issues in warranty!
From what i know, the brakes and suspension on Rapid carry a limited 6 months/10000kms warranty. Would be surprised if the warranty coverage has changed now. Even if you get alloys fitted from outside, you are not losing much as nothing would happen to the suspension in 6 months.

There are other parts like wheel speed sensor etc but have not seen those parts failing in polo/vento/rapid. If the alloys and tyres are oem spec, should not matter if dealer fits them or if owner fits them at home, did not expect that reply from Zac, he is the one changing things at Skoda India.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 1st July 2020 at 05:04.
coolboy007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 08:46   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
From what i know, the brakes and suspension on Rapid carry a limited 6 months/10000kms warranty. Would be surprised if the warranty coverage has changed now. Even if you get alloys fitted from outside, you are not losing much as nothing would happen to the suspension in 6 months.

There are other parts like wheel speed sensor etc but have not seen those parts failing in polo/vento/rapid. If the alloys and tyres are oem spec, should not matter if dealer fits them or if owner fits them at home, did not expect that reply from Zac, he is the one changing things at Skoda India.
That was indeed a half-baked response, hence my question of how do you track if it was done by a dealer or outside in case of an OEM alloy. Meanwhile I was never clear about the warranties and their terms and conditions. Thanks for throwing more light here. I was under the impression if a warranty is void then it applies to the whole vehicle and not a specific part.
Old 1st July 2020, 09:16   #399
Senior - BHPian

The OEM alloys are actually made of lightweight materials. The composition is AlSi7Mg ( basically a molecule consists of 1 part aluminum, 7 parts silicon and 1 part magnesium). This is what is written on the backside of VW's 'Lakeside' alloy wheel.

So if possible, try taking along a spring balance or weighing machine and weigh the OE alloy wheels, other aftermarket alloy wheels and the existing steel wheels. This will give an idea whether the OE wheels are worth it as lower unsprung mass is good for performance and also lowers suspension wear.
Turbohead is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 10:37   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This craving is because I am unsure of Baleno's build quality. My knowledge of cars was very little when I bought that one. It's my first car. I know it wouldn't hurt to keep the car for another year or so as road trips and going out will be little because of Covid.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Baleno's build quality. Yes, obviously it is no tank but I have lived with a Swift for the last seven plus years with no issues with build quality (through a few road mishaps as well) - I would think the Baleno does equally well if not better. As has been discussed countless times, lighter car does not automatically equate to bad build quality/safety.

It does not make much sense for you to sell and upgrade to the Rapid at this time. Baleno offers lovely performance for every day driving, and is a spacious and practical hatchback well suited for Indian conditions. Stick with it, and upgrade later to something which offers significant upgrades (such as the Skoda SUV or VW Taigun which are coming in the next year). Unless you are flush with lots of spare cash, now is not a great time to splurge on a car (though, it is a very personal decision at the end of the day).

Last edited by manson : 1st July 2020 at 16:41. Reason: Typo.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 11:02   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in some serious confusion. I have a Baleno Petrol 2016, I have done 21000kms in 4 years. So, yes my running is quite low.....

.....Any thoughts are welcome
Wait till Dec 2020, by then you ll be better placed to take your decision. Two things that will work in favor for you by then;

> 2020 Thar Pricing and if it can be a proper replacement vehicle for Baleno

> Discounts generally come through at these times, so you ll be paying a little lesser for the Rapid (whichever variant you take)

Last edited by Mi10 : 1st July 2020 at 11:03.
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 11:33   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Think about it well before you take the plunge. I bet the Baleno has more rear seat legroom than a Skoda Rapid.
Yes, I had arranged the money but then put it on hold. Baleno's Engine is good so is the legroom ... I just want a safe car ... 4/5 rated car. But I get it, these are challenging times and cash is king maybe I should hold on to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
2020 Thar Pricing and if it can be a proper replacement vehicle for Baleno
Thar launch could be interesting to look out for. Although thar being a Mahindra, I cannot buy it at launch. Will have to wait for at least 6 months so that most of the niggles are straightened out by the company.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st July 2020 at 20:15. Reason: Grammar, back to back posts merged.
SidR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 19:08   #403
Team-BHP Support

Zac Hollis says the automatic variant based on the torque converter will be launched during September.

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-screenshot_202007011902332.png

Source: Team BHP's FB post

A Rider variant based on the TC box would sell like hot cakes if Skoda prices it right. Waiting for the monthly sales reports - would love to see the no. of dispatches to dealers.
Gannu_1 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 20:35   #404
BHPian

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but Zac Hollis expressed his willingness to bridge the gap between “rider” and “ambition” variant of the Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI. This makes me believe a new variant to be launched around the festive season, with a few more features added.

Link
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 20:57   #405
Senior - BHPian

I wrote in my feedback form post test drive under "what would make this a perfect car for you?" Section to just make Projector Headlamps standard from base variant.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks