Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2020, 16:44   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but why should the Ambition variant exist if the Rider Plus (rumoured) is going to get a touchscreen ICE and alloy wheels? The Rider variant is already pretty well loaded for what is essentially a base variant, and if the rumoured Rider Plus variant is going to address it's deficiencies, then why would anybody bother buying the higher variants?
Simple. Skoda tried to lure potential compact segment car buyers with that low price tag so they could upsell higher variants once they show up at dealerships. Unfortunately, there aren't many people who showed up to dealerships to see the Rider variant who could be pursued to opt for the Ambition or higher variants.

Skoda realised they now had a problem with inventory where they had produced more higher variants than the Rapid Rider variant that weren't moving(hence the discounts on those by tens of thousands lately) and Skoda is now out to fix this issue with the Rider plus by bridging the gap to the Ambition variant so it doesn't look overpriced.

Don't expect all features of Ambition in Rider Plus. At best you'll see the ICE and some extra paint options for that 75k premium.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 21:23   #482
BHPian

Hi guys,

Who would have ever expected a Skoda for 9L on road. It is an excellent deal. Without any doubt. Those who managed to get hold of the Rider variant are extremely lucky.

Even if the company launches Rider plus. I think it come with just a touchscreen which infact looks like a cheap Chinese one.

Sharing these pics here.

My personal favourite is the front look of the car. I plan to keep it stock for the first 4 years.

Goodnight guys.
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-img20200626wa0001.jpg  

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-img20200626wa0002.jpg  

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-img20200626wa0003.jpg  

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-img20200626wa0004.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2020 at 23:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 21:44   #483
BHPian

I agree its a good deal with a good engine but still its a 10 year old design we are talking about here and even last year Skoda had introduced the rider variant in the rapid at a price of 6.99 lacs. I don't why this time around its becoming such a big deal. Kindly explain this to me guys. What am I missing here?
https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/ne...on-rapid-rider
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 21:49   #484
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
I don't why this time around its becoming such a big deal. Kindly explain this to me guys.
The 1.0 TSI engine, it is just fantastic to drive. For someone who is ready to tolerate Skoda's ASC, this variant is pretty good.

P.s. we have a new Skoda horror story on our forum.

Last edited by OSH : 11th July 2020 at 22:00.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 21:52   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The 1.0 TSI engine, it is just fantastic to drive.
Still apart from the engine no other highlights right. But the discussion is almost making it seem like the deal of a lifetime.
Old 11th July 2020, 21:58   #486
BHPian

Quote:
I agree its a good deal with a good engine but still its a 10 year old design we are talking about here and even last year Skoda had introduced the rider variant in the rapid at a price of 6.99 lacs. I don't why this time around its becoming such a big deal. Kindly explain this to me guys. What am I missing here?
https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/ne...on-rapid-rider
I believe it is a combination of the price, features and the 1.0 TSI. It is an excellent motor with international awards to its name and rave reviews all around. This is the reason for all the frenzy.
In terms of features, did the earlier Rider come with all the features like the climate control, steering reach adjust, rear defogger, music system with Bluetooth connectivity, etc.? If not, then this too is a contributing factor surely.
Old 11th July 2020, 22:17   #487
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
But the discussion is almost making it seem like the deal of a lifetime.
Its all about the hype brother, just a few posts above, another BHPian has showed how the comfortline variant of the Vento is even more VFM but people are not talking about it.
Old 11th July 2020, 22:34   #488
BHPian

Quote:
What am I missing here?
I can see why,

1) New exciting TSI engine
2) New 6 speed gear box
3) BS6 compliant
4) Auto AC
5) slightly bigger MID ??
6) Any other cosmetic changes?

All these for just 50k more than bs4 rider.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 08:27   #489
BHPian

Quote:
last year Skoda had introduced the rider variant in the rapid at a price of 6.99 lacs. I don't why this time around its becoming such a big deal. Kindly explain this to me guys. What am I missing here?
One of the reasons I can see is the mileage. People with 1.6l MPI engines were getting single digit kmpl everywhere. Although it was a good engine, it drank a lot. That was the reason I didn't get the car then, eventhough I had known that it was a deal of the decade.

About the styling, personally I don't mind. I justified it's low price for that. The next C2 sedan starts at ₹8.3 lacs (Ciaz) & ₹8.6 lacs (Vento). The Verna BS-4 started at ₹7.9 lacs I believe which had a 1.4l VTVT engine. Now the Verna starts at ₹9.3 lacs (Due to it's engine's upsize, BS-6 Update, Mid spec turned base & Styling overhaul).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
In terms of features, did the earlier Rider come with all the features like the climate control, steering reach adjust, rear defogger, music system with Bluetooth connectivity, etc.? If not, then this too is a contributing factor surely.
The only feature difference that was introduced in the BS-6 update was Automatic Climate Control. BS-4 variant had every basics covered even then. ₹50,000 for that engine & Auto A/c is a sweet deal.
The following pictures are taken exactly a year ago of the BS-4 version:

Defogger on the back window:
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-back.jpg

Manual A/c & Same infotainment:
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-interior-front.jpg

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 09:33   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
I visited the Delhi dealership a few days back so I can provide you some information for the above.

I have mentioned in my test drive experience (scroll up), that Skoda is offering decent discounts on the Ambition variant, whereas the Rider has at least 1 month of waiting.
Did you visit Jai Skoda ? Their dealership in Defence Enclave (East Delhi) was offering/promising to deliever a Rapid Rider by the end of this month. This was the scenario when I had a word with them last Saturday, before bookings for the Rider variant were temporarily halted.

Also, I must mention here that I got myself a Rider within 4 days. On 06th July I confirmed my order with Brite Skoda Noida telephonically and they kept their promise of having delivered me their car by the end of the week i.e. 10th July. Also, the car was delivered at their yard on Wednesday 8th July morning and by evening the same day, we were allowed a PDI. Must say, mighty impressed with Brite Skoda Noida's hospitality and customer centric approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Hi guys,

Who would have ever expected a Skoda for 9L on road. It is an excellent deal. Without any doubt. Those who managed to get hold of the Rider variant are extremely lucky.

Even if the company launches Rider plus. I think it come with just a touchscreen which infact looks like a cheap Chinese one.

Sharing these pics here.

My personal favourite is the front look of the car. I plan to keep it stock for the first 4 years.

Goodnight guys.
Many congratulations on your new purchase. Wishing you
countless happy miles with it

Well, I must mention here that I'm also one of the lucky few who got his hands on the Rider variant this week.
Got the delivery on 10th July.

Pictures attached.

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-img20200710wa0007.jpg

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-img_20200710_184149.jpg

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankha007 View Post
The friend of mine who got the Rider, received the following text from the Skoda dealer in Kolkata, confirming the upcoming Rider Plus at Rs 8.25 lakhs ex-showroom.

Interestingly, the VW dealer confirmed today that the Vento Comfortline Plus is available at a stunning price of Rs 8.39 lakhs ex-showroom!

Once the features list of the Rider Plus variant is revealed, one can take an informed decision.
Even I received a similar message, albeit without the exact price.

I learnt of the info regarding halting of bookings for the Rider variant on 8th July itself when my brother went for a PDI of our Rider.

However, 2-3 days later, I received this sms from the dealership.

Screenshot attached..
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-screenshot_20200712101658.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th July 2020 at 10:23. Reason: Not exactly your mistake but a merge needed here.
sanyog26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 11:19   #491
BHPian

*slight correction-
I must mention here at the outset that I had made a booking for the Rider variant a month ago and my car's delivery was scheduled for Navratra time (Oct 2020). However, I preponed my delivery date to July and hence I was offered delievery within a week due to the priority issue, subject to the fact that I make payments asap.

All in all, I got my car delivered within a month, which included change of mind at my end and preponing the purchase.

As the case is, delivery time is indeed 1 month, which is expected from such a VFM product.
Old 12th July 2020, 12:20   #492
BHPian

Just got off a call with Brite Skoda, Noida. They are pretty confident on the following-

1. Rider Plus could be launched anytime this month (the RSA said it'll be launched by the end of this month but was unsure about the launch this week when I cited the reports on this thread).

2. It is most likely to be priced at 7.99 lacs ex showroom and the only change from the Rider will be an addition of the RCD stereo (without any steering controls).

3. Without me indicating anything, the RSA himself explained to me that they replace the stock RCD stereo on the Style variants with Android HUs on their level and send the RCD units back to Skoda (this vindicates similar reports on this thread). Skoda will now install these units to the Rider variants and sell that inventory as Rider Plus.

4. The RSA clarified pretty confidently that this is the only change that'll be introduced on the Rider plus vis-a-vis the Rider variant. Everything else remains the same to their knowledge.

5. They were trying to upsell the Ambition variant and quoted 10.5 lacs on-road in Noida without any negotiations from my end yet.

Posting this information here for the benefit of the fellow members. From my perspective, I believe as far as the Rapid is concerned, everything said and done, only the Rider makes any sense (which is not available to book now, albeit temporarily). Anything higher than that in the Rapid lineup already has worthy competitors in all shapes and sizes.
SuvidC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 13:07   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuvidC View Post

2. It is most likely to be priced at 7.99 lacs ex showroom and the only change from the Rider will be an addition of the RCD stereo (without any steering controls).
50K for the RCD stereo alone? If that is true, Skoda has shot themselves in the foot. I don’t think just a RCD stereo alone will be called +. Guess the SA was trying to lure you into Ambition variant.
Old 12th July 2020, 13:09   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
50K for the RCD stereo alone? If that is true, Skoda has shot themselves in the foot. I don’t think just a RCD stereo alone will be called +. Guess the SA was trying to lure you into Ambition variant.
My thoughts too, he sounded pretty confident though. If he was trying to upsell Ambition, that shows they are themselves not very confident about the +. Lets wait for the launch.
Old 12th July 2020, 13:14   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
No that is right. After my test drive the SA told me the oem unit can be had for 60k and Ambition alloys for 50k. No idea what these chumps are smoking here to demand so much money for outdated parts.

Aftermarket unit and alloys void warranty I was informed so they're literally forcing you to cough up money which isn't surprising for a brand which has horror stories after horror stories of inflated bills and shady dealership popping up.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks