Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2020, 23:37   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejascshetty View Post
However, with the Rapid Rider being priced at such a tantalizingly low price and almost 50k cheaper than the Polo TSI manual (On-road Bangalore), this poses a very confusing dilemma. Considering its the same engine, performance should be around the same. The Rider variant does lose out on some features, compared to the Polo TSI Manual, but just the fact that you can have a well rounded sedan with the same engine and still undercut the Polo by around 50K is a good reason to check it out. Cant wait to test drive the Skoda Rapid TSI soon!!
The Rapid TSI is heavier by around 100 kg so might not be so sprightly as the the Polo. Skoda might also tune the engine differently as done for the previous generation 1.6 TDI Vento and the 1.6 TDI Rapid which was more linear in power delivery. But even if it is off by a second or so the package is hard to ignore.

However the Polo TSI is a fully loaded variant with all bells and whistles while the Skoda Rider has steel wheel and wheel caps for instance. So consider what you would spend to spec it up. Good luck!

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 00:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Does Skoda allow you to order the Onyx/Monte Carlo alloy wheels off the shelf for your non Onyx/MC Rapid?

I really like the MC Red, the Onyx rims. Didn't Skoda use to sell the Rapid in a regular shade of red before the MC version arrived?
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 00:27   #93

Is there no automatic yet for this new Skoda?
Old 29th May 2020, 01:23   #94
BHPian

Just did a basic comparison for a friend who is confused between Rapid & I20 Sportz:-

i20 Sportz Vs Rapid Rider

Engine:- 83 PS | 110 PS
Torque:- 110 - 115 NM | 175 NM
Transmission:- 5 MT | 6 MT
Tyres:- 185 R15 Alloys | 185 R15 Steel Wheels
Tank Size:- 40L | 55L
Warranty:- 3 Year Unlimited | 4 Year Unlimited
Maintenance Costs:- INR 4K (10K Kms) | INR 8K (15K Kms)
Overall Cost:- Rs. 2.5 Per Km | 1.9 Per Km

Features Rapid Misses From i20:-

• Reverse Parking Camera
• Daytime Running Lights
• Height Adjustable Driver's Seat
• Touchscreen Audio With Apple & Android
• Steering Wheel Audio Control
• Cooled Glove Box
• Electrically Folding ORVM

Features Rapid Gets Over i20:-

• Climate Control
• Front & Rear Armrest (Storage)
• One Touch Operation For All Window
• Tinted Winshield & Windows
• Adjustable Headrests (Rear)
• Rough Road Package

The Rapid is clearly a much more practical choice with all the necessary features one needs on an everyday basis. Most of what i20 offers can be purchased in the after market additionally at a later stage.

P.S :- My Maintenance calculation could be wrong but took a basic Service Price.
YashD is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 01:55   #95
BHPian

Skoda has hit the ball out of the park.

This is best car you can get under 9 lacs in India. Period.

If you don't have constraints for parking space, what more do you need, for gods sake even a tiago sells at 7 lakhs on road and just pay 1.5 lacs more and you go 2 segments above. Great work Skoda.

Zac Hollis is doing great, only if they could have a excellent after sales service.
msd7 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 04:18   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Just did a basic comparison for a friend who is confused between Rapid & I20 Sportz:-
Maintenance Costs:- INR 4K (10K Kms) | INR 8K (15K Kms)
Overall Cost:- Rs. 2.5 Per Km | 1.9 Per Km
P.S :- My Maintenance calculation could be wrong but took a basic Service Price.
Yes, maintenance cost per KM works out as:
COST OF SERVICE ÷ SERVICE INTERVAL.
4000/10000 = Rs 0.40 Per Km for the i20 and,
8000/15000 = Rs 0.53 Per Km for the Rider.

Actual figures should be higher for both cars. Let's assume a higher average of INR 5000/service for the i20 and
INR 12000/service for the Rider.

Say your friend keeps the car for 5 yrs and covers 60,000kms. The Hyundai will be serviced 6 times and the Skoda 4 times.

i20 avg service cost 6x5000=Rs 30,000/-
Rider avg service cost 4x12000=Rs 48,000/-

A difference of Rs18,000 over 5 years is small and your friend should definitely test drive the Rapid before taking any decision. Best wishes.
John316_WRC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 05:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post

Ideally it should be an apples to apples comparison between hatchbacks. Your friend won't get the much needed rear-wiper-washer in the I20 Sports, which is important from safety perspective on a hatchback, not so much on a sedan, especially in rainy season. Sadly it is shown as a comfort/convenience feature which it isn't.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 08:14   #98
BANNED

It would be nice to see Skoda sell good numbers of this car.
The pricing is very un- Skoda like but this is the way to go !
Larger volumes could help Skoda get more visibility and certainly reduce the negativity about their brand. Their A$$ could get a boost too.
Every Dzire buyer could consider this car .
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 10:51   #99

I got the Skoda Rapid Ambition MPI at 7.49 ex-showroom. Initially wanted the rider which was 6.99 ex showroom. But after booking they said that the stocks were not there. The same issue might recur in the bs6 version.

If we can bargain and negotiate for the Skoda Rapid Ambition, it is more advisable. The Rider is too plain Jane but yes the pricing is superb.
Old 29th May 2020, 12:21   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Ideally it should be an apples to apples comparison between hatchbacks. Your friend won't get the much needed rear-wiper-washer in the I20 Sports, which is important from safety perspective on a hatchback, not so much on a sedan, especially in rainy season. Sadly it is shown as a comfort/convenience feature which it isn't.
I agree with you on this but India is all about cross shopping, thanks to the huge availability of cars. A person with a budget of around 8 Lakhs is bound to get confused and compare as per the consumer's requirement. Moreover, the Rear wash wiper has always been available in top end variants of Hyundai hence the Sportz not getting one doesn't surprises us but then again it's not something of a deal breaker as the in Urban conditions one can do without the same, the defoggers help in a major way. Additionally, the price difference between Sportz & Asta is of straight One Lakh.
Old 29th May 2020, 13:46   #101
Team-BHP Support

I thought this would be interesting. Other manual petrol cars you can buy for the same price of a Rapid Rider 1.0L TSI:

1. Tata Altroz XZ petrol - one below the top end
2. Tata Nexon XM petrol (30K more than Rapid) - one above base
3. Maruti Swift ZXI+ (20K more than Rapid) - top end model
4. Maruti Baleno Delta Dualjet - one above base model
5. Maruti Dzire ZXI - one below top end
6. Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.0 T-GDI - mid spec turbo petrol
7. Hyundai Venue S 1.2 - base 1.2L NA petrol
8. Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz Plus (20K more than Rapid) - One below top end model
9. Honda Amaze 1.2L V MT - One below top end
10. Ford Aspire 1.2L Titanium plus - Top end model
11. VW Polo Limited 1L TSI (40k more than the Rapid) - entry level 1L TSI with mid spec. One below highline.

I am unable to find any reason why anyone would pick any of the 10 cars in the above list over the Rapid. Only thing is size wise if someone wanted a hatch and not a sedan, then the pick would be the i10 Nios Turbo petrol 1.0L.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 29th May 2020 at 13:51.
Vid6639 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 14:14   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I thought this would be interesting. Other manual petrol cars you can buy for the same price of a Rapid Rider 1.0L TSI:

1. Tata Altroz XZ petrol - one below the top end
2. Tata Nexon XM petrol (30K more than Rapid) - one above base
Nexon and Venue does not belong in that list. They have a different body style and people will buy them for SUV looks and clearance. Agree with all the others. It really does not make sense to go for any other manual petrol in that list.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 29th May 2020 at 14:31.
Old 29th May 2020, 14:42   #103
Team-BHP Support

CarDekho walkaround of the new Rider 1.0 TSi MT version -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 15:18   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

A nice and prompt walk-around. Thanks for sharing. A few observations:
  • The quirky thing is that they have provided power window switches for the back doors only in the back, not at the driver side armrest. This means for families with small kids, if the kid opens the window when you don't want him/her to, they you have no option to close it.
  • The door-side arm-rests seem to be padded in fabric, which is a good thing. I hope the center armrest is also padded, this is not shown in the video.
  • The Rapid rider is available in white and carbon-steel colors. The carbon-steel seems more appealing and sophisticated, and less taxi-like, as shown in the following video of the previous rapid rider car:
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 18:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
[*]The quirky thing is that they have provided power window switches for the back doors only in the back, not at the driver side armrest. This means for families with small kids, if the kid opens the window when you don't want him/her to, they you have no option to close it.
Well, there is a trick to do it. You can use the key fob to close all the four windows by keeping the lock button pressed for few seconds. I know, it's inconvenient if you just want to close one window, you'll end up closing all others. Or you could just lock the power window switch which would prevent passengers at the back from being able to operate them. I am not sure how much did Skoda save by omitting those two buttons

Coming back to the price, this is an extremely VFM option for buyers. As a previous owner of 1.6 MPI, I can assure one thing that this car is really solid in terms of build quality and the driving dynamics are superb. I drive the EcoSport TDCi now, but I do miss the Rapid sometimes for its classy looks and driving feel. If I had an option to buy the Rapid again, I will do so eyes closed considering this price.
Funny is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks