Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 15:25   #256
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
Even skoda website is showing the same ( without the UI) - 20.32cm ŠKODA Android Infotainment System, while lower models get the old 16.51 cm central infotainment system
But this one doesn't have Android Auto or Apple Carplay - It looks like one of those cheap Chinese after-market HUs.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 18:07   #257
Senior - BHPian

2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI review, test drive.

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-smartselect_20200616180554_chrome.jpg

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-smartselect_20200616180609_chrome.jpg

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-smartselect_20200616180618_chrome.jpg

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-smartselect_20200616180628_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-417613
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 19:42   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

According to the Autocar review, the Raid TSI has not lost much in terms of acceleration compared to the Polo TSI. It clocks 10.03 seconds to 100 kph versus the Polo’s 9.95 seconds. That is less than a tenth of a second difference for all the additional length and weight!

The icing on the cake is the 55 litre fuel tank the Rapid comes with as opposed to a 45 litre fuel tank on the Polo with almost no difference in ARAI certified mileage between the two. For highway cruisers, this is a great car, with a range that can probably give 800- 900 KMs to a tankful if driven sedately.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 09:55   #259
BHPian

Hi guys, i received a reply to my mail from Zac. The following has been confirmed.

1. The Rider does come with auto fuel cut-off, which seems to have been incorrectly mentioned as "not present" in the brochure.

2. Retrofitting of the combinanation switch to activate the MID, and installing the steering from the higher trims for the steering mounted controls is not possible in the Rider / earlier Active variants as the wiring harness is different.

However, i still feel that a steering swap is an easy job as the audio controls directly interact with the HU.

Regards
shankha007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 11:42   #260
BHPian

After a lot of thought and watching countless hours of Youtube videos booked Volkswagen Polo Highline Plus variant today (Carbon steel color). Got not so bad deal from dealer including 1 year extended warranty. If things go as per plan (including loan approval), will be able to take delivery by 1st week of July (Since Chennai goes into complete lock-down from 19th onwards). Overall deal included = Cash discount + floor mat+ car cover +mud flaps + 1 year extended warranty. Additionally I have added rear spoiler ( available only in GT TSI) which I will try to get for free!
IntoTheStorm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 13:26   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
2020 Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI review, test drive.

Attachment 2017547
After the Autocar India review, I found another video review done of same trim by Evo India :

The entertainment unit in the top-most trim is surely a let down, with no Android Auto / Apple car play and the after-market sort of looks. For connecting to phones, you have to sync it with an app.

May I say, the basic 2-din stereo unit in the base variant is a better and safer bet then.
Diesel_Drives is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 14:40   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
After the Autocar India review, I found another video review done of same trim by Evo India :
The entertainment unit in the top-most trim is surely a let down, with no Android Auto / Apple car play and the after-market sort of looks. For connecting to phones, you have to sync it with an app.
Yeah! it is developed by teams in India for Indian customers!
And it also skips on safety features (only 2 airbags despite being expensive)..better to get Ambition or Onyx variant and save some money!
Old 17th June 2020, 16:15   #263
BHPian

Congratulations IntoTheStorm. Would be waiting for the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
After a lot of thought and watching countless hours of Youtube videos booked Volkswagen Polo Highline Plus variant today (Carbon steel color). Got not so bad deal from dealer including 1 year extended warranty. If things go as per plan (including loan approval), will be able to take delivery by 1st week of July (Since Chennai goes into complete lock-down from 19th onwards). Overall deal included = Cash discount + floor mat+ car cover +mud flaps + 1 year extended warranty. Additionally I have added rear spoiler ( available only in GT TSI) which I will try to get for free!
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 16:33   #264
Senior - BHPian

I feel the mods should stop reviewing other cars they have with them now and get onto this pronto! By far the best value for money proposition under a million bucks on road. Seriously, the Rider variant should be the top choice for anyone looking for an old school charm with a solid build, a tight chassis and solid mechanicals as their top priorities within this budget.
longhorn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 17:29   #265
BHPian

Test drove the 1.0 TSI today when went to fix a brake screeching sound in my rapid 1.6MPI. The dealer had to move the car to another city for TD's so he offered me a 10-minute ride inside the stockyard itself, I didn't have time as I was already late for office. This is a small comparison and initial feelings to the 1.6 MPI which I own. I will follow it up more detailed if I get to drive one in future. The Engine noise is hardly heard when idling, but the three-cylinder thrum can be felt. The turbo lag is evident below 2000 rpm after which the 1.0TSI turns into a complete monster as the turbo kicks in. As I have been used to the low-end torque on 1.6 MPI, I felt it difficult to drive around the yard where I barely crossed 60 -70 kph. Post 2000 rpm, It pulls and pulls. This seriously makes me consider the Rider versions as a beater car driving in the countryside. 1.0TSI is good, But I don't miss my 1.6 MPI which is quite good for city driving and has decent highway performance.
gasinveins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 17:53   #266
Senior - BHPian

I have question here. Can you make/take hands free calls over the Bluetooth system provided in the Rider variant? I understand there are no steering controls but the music system has Bluetooth. So is it only for music ?
Old 17th June 2020, 18:00   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Congratulations IntoTheStorm. Would be waiting for the review.
Danke! Did a very short test drive when SA came to get my signatures!
1. The engine is surprisingly quiet (I kept the all windows open as a COVID/Noise precaution!)
2. Very light clutch
3. Engine is free revving unit and reached 6000+ rpm in a jiffy
4. Gearbox throw is short - didnt miss any shifts
5. Engine pull is not bad below 1500 rpm, but after 2000 rpm it becomes very strong ( reached 80+ in no time within a distance of less than 150 meters)
6. Brakes are good - no drama!
7 My test drive was on a squire circuit around an apartment - no frantic body roll on those 90 degree turns
Overall i am very happy about my purchase decision
IntoTheStorm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 15:35   #268
BHPian

And now the video review from Autocar India. This 1.0 TSI three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine could be an important engine for Skoda-VW group, the review has been done by Hormazd Sorabjee himself. For the engine and performance, check his expressions from 5.20 onwards in the video.

Looking how top bosses at Autocar India went in for the review themselves. What's happening GTO!

Last edited by Diesel_Drives : 18th June 2020 at 15:38. Reason: grammatical error
Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 09:43   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
And now the video review from Autocar India. This 1.0 TSI three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine could be an important engine for Skoda-VW group.
It is indeed a very important engine because the most important models (Vision IN and the Taigun from VW) to be released in the Indian market by the VW group will have this engine as the base engine. I believe higher variants will also be offered in the 1.5 TSI trim, but the mainstay will be this 1.0 TSI engine. In a way, the success or otherwise of this engine will pave the way for the success of the upcoming models (compact SUVs) in India during the next couple of years.
Old 19th June 2020, 11:09   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

In the team-BHP poll running concurrently about the Rapid Rider Variant, the Mods have mentioned that the Rapid Rider is available in White, Carbon Steel, Toffee Brown and Silver colors. Can someone clarify if this is the case. In the initial launch communications, I read about it being available only in the White and Carbon Steel Colors.

The White, Carbon Steel and Solver are very commonplace and typical of lower end variants generally offered, but the Toffee Brown sounds interesting and looks more premium, looks like a "top end" color.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks