Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2020, 22:14   #331

Re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Congrats! What was the OTR price? Guess ONYX has some discounts going, in BLR?
Thanks TokyaDrifter!! Yes there are discounts on Onyx. Inclusive of corporate discount the OTR is 12.24lacs, this is the best I could get. I am not so good at negotiating prices. Additionally the basic skoda maintenance package which costs 29,999 is offered at 9,999 only for the month of June. I have opted for it.
flASHTer83 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 22:36   #332
Senior - BHPian

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty.Nishy View Post
I finally took delivery of my Rapid Rider 2 days back, or rather I would say Home Delivery. As I had mentioned before the only add-on, for now, is the Alloy Wheel from ambition variant.
This car is just amazing!
Love those rims. Are these the ones that come from Skoda and cost 45k?

Can anyone confirm if the 2 DIN in Rider allows you to take calls over Bluetooth?

Last edited by Pancham : 27th June 2020 at 22:49.
Old 27th June 2020, 23:06   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Love those rims. Are these the ones that come from Skoda and cost 45k?

Can anyone confirm if the 2 DIN in Rider allows you to take calls over Bluetooth?
Yes, the rims are from Ambition, the actual cost is 45k, I opted for replacement at the dealer end itself, and was quoted 30k for it.

And yes 2 DIN HU in Rider can take calls over Bluetooth. The Audio system is pretty good as it is., going to stick to it for some time. May upgrade to RCD 340 later.
Nifty.Nishy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 23:09   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flASHTer83 View Post
Now I need help from the Tyre Guru's in the forum about a decision which I need to take. The stock Onyx model comes with MRF ZVTV 195/55 R16 tyres. Now are these good tyres to keep them as first set of tyres. I am looking at performance/ road grip as priority over absolute comfort.
I also have in mind to immediately exchange and upgrade to 205/55 R16 either Michelin p4st or MRF perfinza. The steering in Rapid felt lighter for me and lacked good feedback/ feel of connected to road. Will upgrading to 205s help in this regard?
I am currently a happy owner of Punto MJD and the lovely hydraulic steering has spoilt me for the absolute feel I get while driving.
Requesting the experts to guide me in taking the right decision.
Cheers!
Hey, congratulations!! It is a great biy indeed.
On the tyres, I would suggest for the Michelins and you already have got the idea to swap them the first day, so as to get the best deal on the OEM ones. Sai Iyengar tyres in Indiranagar is highly recommended on teambhp by many. I am also one of their happy customers.
Though better and fatter rubber would help in many aspects including handling and steering feel, I don't think this steering system can be given any life. So go for the tyres upgrade, but having owned an Esteem, an old Baleno, a Palio, a first gen Swift and now the global Fiesta, I can say this, you will never get the same feel of that beautiful hydraulic unit of Fiat's. But then the engine response, it's smooth high revving nature, properly weighed clutch, short and precise gearahift and overall much easier to drive nature of the car will keep you happy.

Last edited by itsashishsharma : 27th June 2020 at 23:12.
itsashishsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 11:06   #335
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Link to my earlier post with some pros & cons.

Took her out for an early morning run today. My god, this is an engine that BEGS you to drive it hard (Viddy's words, not mine). If there is an empty road ahead of you, it is IMPOSSIBLE not to redline it.

I have an analogy for the Rapid TSI. It is very much like Aamir Khan. Aamir is among the oldest actors getting lead roles today - in a sea of younger newcomers - but arguably the most talented. Me, Aditya & Vid6639 have been discussing this. If we had to buy a Petrol MT sedan, this would be it (for diesel or petrol AT, I'd get the Verna AT or better yet, the Seltos AT). The Rapid is to its segment what the Octavia 1.8 is to the D1 category. Safe, mature suspension setup, solid build, old but timeless, the usual Skoda ownership nonsense you have to live with & patchy long-term reliability. I'd get the 6-year warranty, better tyres and a deep-sounding freeflow exhaust from my favourite guys (Automech). All set. In the current times when all the action is around crossovers & SUVs, this brings some much needed spice to the sedan segment. What was the last interesting C2 sedan here? The Linea T-Jet & Vento TSI...years back.

If you are able to keep it under 6,500 rpm on an empty road like this, please ping me & I'll send you a lifetime achievement award
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-20200628-08.54.56.jpg

Love how the grille has a glossy black border with a matt black inside. Am thinking of copying this idea for my car:
The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-20200628-07.54.36.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 28th June 2020 at 11:39.
GTO is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 15:07   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Me, Aditya & Vid6639 have been discussing this. If we had to buy a Petrol MT sedan, this would be it
These words are music to my ears. I have booked the Rider variant and I feel completely reassured now.
Quote:
If you are able to keep it under 6,500 rpm on an empty road like this, please ping me & I'll send you a lifetime achievement award
Is this offer valid for the running-in period too?
safari_lover is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 19:52   #337
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
These words are music to my ears. I have booked the Rider variant and I feel completely reassured now.
Just wanted to add that, the Rapid is my top choice for a Petrol MT, unless the upcoming 2020 Honda City is game-changing in any way. From what I've heard so far, it's more of the same thing...an improved City, but I cannot comment until I drive it.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 21:22   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to add that, the Rapid is my top choice for a Petrol MT
Generally We know your preferred variant.
But here, don't you think Rider is too good to resist?
Old 28th June 2020, 22:20   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to add that, the Rapid is my top choice for a Petrol MT, unless the upcoming 2020 Honda City is game-changing in any way. From what I've heard so far, it's more of the same thing...an improved City, but I cannot comment until I drive it.
Yes, I understand that. But I doubt Honda will ever match the bang-for-the-buck equation that the Rapid offers in the Rider variant.
Old 28th June 2020, 22:29   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I love what VW/Skoda have done with 1.0TSi. The rider variant is total value and as pure as it can get. Get some good rubber/alloys, upgrade speakers and I am set to "Kill All Tires". The new TC might be slower than DSG but should be more reliable, job well done. When I am in market for a 10lac rupee car, the 1.0LTsi will put my brain in blender. While the car, engine, gearbox is quite convincing, age, Skoda brand, my past experience with VW and resale will leave me confused.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 23:09   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hey, congratulations!! It is a great biy indeed.
On the tyres, I would suggest for the Michelins and you already have got the idea to swap them the first day, so as to get the best deal on the OEM ones. Sai Iyengar tyres in Indiranagar is highly recommended on teambhp by many. I am also one of their happy customers.
Though better and fatter rubber would help in many aspects including handling and steering feel, I don't think this steering system can be given any life. So go for the tyres upgrade, but having owned an Esteem, an old Baleno, a Palio, a first gen Swift and now the global Fiesta, I can say this, you will never get the same feel of that beautiful hydraulic unit of Fiat's. But then the engine response, it's smooth high revving nature, properly weighed clutch, short and precise gearahift and overall much easier to drive nature of the car will keep you happy.
Thank you @itsashishsharma for your feedback. Yes I understand that EPS can never come close to how a hydraulic unit would feel. It's only to get slightly better feel I want to upgrade the tyres.
Michelins are always a top choice for many, but I am also interested to try MRF PERFINZAs. Any feedback on Perfinza would be of great help.
Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 11:18   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Took her out for an early morning run today. My god, this is an engine that BEGS you to drive it hard.
Thank you GTO for your crisp and short Driving Impressions report. I think this one deserves a detailed review especially the Rider variant which might me useful to many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty.Nishy View Post
And yes 2 DIN HU in Rider can take calls over Bluetooth. The Audio system is pretty good as it is.
Congrats flASHTer83 on your Rider! For me too as long as the Audio system can answer calls and play songs on Bluetooth, that does the job.
Old 29th June 2020, 11:23   #343
Team-BHP Support

Aspiring Rider owners can take inspiration from this nicely modified Rapid - given the Carbon steel colour and halogen headlamps (although this is an older 1.5 TDi).

It won't be expensive to convert the base model to a looker as well - with a nice set of alloys and some chrome delete treatment.

Source

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-instimage2.jpg

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-screenshot_20200629112032_instagram.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th June 2020 at 12:27. Reason: Added 1.5 TDi info.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 11:39   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
I feel happy to see the old school music system, does everything except the Navigation. I hate the touch screens, which seem to keep getting bigger.

Any analog lover will prefer this over a touch-screen unit.

Any new rider owner wanting to trade their non touch-screen system with my RCD 330+ Touchscreen, I am game
2000rpm is online now   (21) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 12:24   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Aspiring Rider owners can take inspiration from this nicely modified Rapid - given the Carbon steel colour and halogen headlamps.

It won't be expensive to convert the base model to a looker as well - with a nice set of alloys and some chrome delete treatment.

Source

Attachment 2022741

Attachment 2022743
Wow!! The car looks so premium and rich in black with those alloys.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed