Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 20:55   #346
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Might have to change the choice of colour if the non-availability of Lava Blue does indeed prove true.
You need to change the dealer or at the least the SA. That’s some really shady selling tactics. Good on you for staying firm.
Iyencar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 21:04   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
What next? Kodiak close to Q5, X3.. If you want to really compare apple and oranges, please consider this - Seltos top end has lot of features missing in Q3 and is very close on dimensions too. So should we, start comparing Seltos to Q3. Karoq and T-ROC are fairly compared, no two ways about it. They cater to 2 different segment of buyers. T-roc for young and quirky loving millennial and Karoq for people looking at exclusivity. However, the internals are same. At least most of them
Well, if the Kodiaq has the dimensions, quality and features, why not? I've compared two cars coming out of the same company, having the same internals, lot of parts interchanged, quite possibly having the same quality, fit and finish. Unfortunately, the Seltos doesn't even come close to any of the European cars in terms of quality, fit & finish. No offense, here. If Tata cars start using the same assembly line as the Jag with the same drive train, engine and parts, then I would compare those two, too!
Old 22nd July 2020, 21:35   #348
BHPian

Quote:
The Skoda dealer we're dealing with (Aryaveer Motors, New Delhi) finally lived up to Skoda's reputation of substandard dealership behaviour.
That’s a most unfortunate experience while purchasing a premium pricey car. Highlights the importance of a proper PDI in all cases prior to approving purchase.
Amazing that the SA tried to actually hide/ underplay/disregard/ explain multiple scratches as an acceptable occurrence!
moncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 21:42   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
You need to change the dealer or at the least the SA. That’s some really shady selling tactics. Good on you for staying firm.
I tweeted to Zac Hollis and that seemed to be a good move. He asked me to send an email with the details and directed someone in the chain to address the issue. The people in charge of Skoda complaint resolution seem to be quite proactive. I got a call from the dealership HQ within an hour assuring that they'll make efforts to get the car of my choice in mint condition so let's hope that things should work out without any more problems.

I'll probably continue with this SA since this isn't really an inexcusable issue in the grand scheme of things. He has been fairly helpful otherwise but seems to be under pressure to sell more cars which I guess explains his bizarre sales tactics .
AamodB is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 21:50   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncar View Post
Highlights the importance of a proper PDI in all cases prior to approving purchase.
Amazing that the SA tried to actually hide/ underplay/disregard/ explain multiple scratches as an acceptable occurrence!
I agree, I feel bad for the poor sod who might get stuck with that 29L scratch fest.

Hopefully it should work out okay for us. The dealership did get in touch with me and suggested that I vet the new car before it goes for a dealer PDI (which I've been told will be done more carefully).
Old 23rd July 2020, 00:53   #351
BHPian

Quote:
I was told that all cars have scratches because of the cleaning process after the PDI.
This is a very absurd explanation but nonetheless, absolutely unacceptable . You did the right thing by rejecting it. No cleaning process after the PDI should scratch a paint surface because use of micro fibre cloth is a must and extra care has to be taken so that there are no scratches anywhere on the body.
shaheenazk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:47   #352
BHPian

On the brighter side, with your tweet to Zac Hollis and the quick turnaround to sort things out for you, is actually a positive sign that skoda customer service issues are being smoothened. I heard of a similar issue that happened with a friend in Mumbai with his Rapid and he stood his ground and skoda sorted his mess extremely well.
Good luck to you with the Lava Blue option, I'm sure they will sort it out for you by the given date.
TRANSAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:38   #353
BHPian

Quote:
I tweeted to Zac Hollis and that seemed to be a good move. He asked me to send an email with the details and directed someone in the chain to address the issue. The people in charge of Skoda complaint resolution seem to be quite proactive. I got a call from the dealership HQ within an hour assuring that they'll make efforts to get the car of my choice in mint condition so let's hope that things should work out without any more problems.
excellent move, Aamod! Hope you get your car quickly.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:57   #354
BHPian

https://www.olx.in/item/skoda-karoq-...iid-1582245161

I don't know if the dealer mistakenly wrote the price as 23.99 lacs or they are offering 1 Lac discount on the Karoq apart from exchange and corporate bonus.

If anybody is looking for Karoq in Delhi-NCR this is a great deal if its true.

Last edited by sv97 : 23rd July 2020 at 13:10.
Old 30th July 2020, 19:25   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
If you want to really compare apple and oranges,...
It is an intriguing phenomenon in our (Indian) car market where buyers compare features and equipment primarily to the competition, more so than body style, performance, or even safety ratings! I find this obsession over features as the be-all and end-all of automotive virtues comes to bragging rights than any particular need

OEMs especially Europeans are still going by the mature buyer profile who knows the distinction between a Skoda, a VW and an Audi. But then there are people who drop a model or switch solely because of equipment (or the lack of it). I wonder how a European CBU like the Karoq will appeal to the average audience who has the means

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 30th July 2020 at 19:40.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 22:46   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Some pics...pardon the torn TC paper! It seems difficult to capture this colour. I'm not sure in what light I should try.
The full name Skoda at the back rather than the logo takes away from the feel of Skoda and makes it look more the Volvo. I don't know why they made such a big change.
Old 10th August 2020, 18:39   #357
BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

So I was searching a lot on this forum regarding a real life comparison of size between Kodiaq & Karoq. But I was unable to find any pics of them side by side.

Reading specs/dimensions on paper is one thing and seeing them side by side in real life is another.
So I myself took the initiative & arranged a Kodiaq (basically neighbour’s friend’s car which I got parked in my society’s basement parking), to compare it side by side with the Karoq.
This should pretty much give you an idea about how big the Kodiaq is when compared to the Karoq & what are differences in their looks.

In my personal testing, I found interior/exterior looks to be very similar (basically every major part is shared inside the cabin) & both look very premium and elegant inside-out.
Have a look at the two yourself:

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-0930a304888f479d9c29fb4031fc290e.jpeg

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-bfd2f9b1888547e3b0e6a04bbfbd3716.jpeg

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-ab907c8e11b143a4881f377d7eeaa109.jpeg

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-5600172e36b44b81949f6cfc0768f37f.jpeg

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-b404268b8e6b4ba99d4f2444d6a3c964.jpeg

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-5831857542f6497599e0897eb09514de.jpeg

The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-a8bea7f9b037443cb61d824c00da39b1.jpeg

Cars were parked with the front Bumper of both the cars matched at equal length (to see the length difference).
As you can see, Kodiaq is a bit longer: 300mm on spec sheet (as it also has 3rd row of seats, but it’s not at all usable. The owner told me that he uses his Kodiaq only as a 5 seater and takes advantage of the big boot. According to him, even kids aren’t comfortable back there. He emphasised in favour of skipping the Kodiaq if one is looking for a proper 7 seater).
Also, Kodiaq is a bit wider (40mm) and taller (70mm) than Karoq on paper, but in real life, the differences are minimal (even the cabin space in terms of width & height).
Also surprisingly, despite Kodiaq being taller on outside, it’s ground clearance is less than Karoq (190mm for Kodiaq Vs 200mm for Karoq). I don’t know reason for the same.

I hope this comparison is helpful to you as many of you might have been interested in seeing these two cars side by side (especially when everyone is calling KAORQ a mini/baby Kodiaq).

Let SKODA launch it’s Mini SUV “Kamiq/Vision IN” to India & I’ll also try to compare it with these SKODA SUVs. Cheers!

Last edited by Parth Oomphy : 10th August 2020 at 18:59.
Parth Oomphy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 23:34   #358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth Oomphy View Post
As you can see, Kodiaq is a bit longer: 300mm on spec sheet (as it also has 3rd row of seats, but it’s not at all usable. The owner told me that he uses his Kodiaq only as a 5 seater and takes advantage of the big boot. According to him, even kids aren’t comfortable back there. He emphasised in favour of skipping the Kodiaq if one is looking for a proper 7 seater).
Also, Kodiaq is a bit wider (40mm) and taller (70mm) than Karoq on paper, but in real life, the differences are minimal (even the cabin space in terms of width & height).
Also surprisingly, despite Kodiaq being taller on outside, it’s ground clearance is less than Karoq (190mm for Kodiaq Vs 200mm for Karoq). I don’t know reason for the same.
Nice comparison. The differences between the 2 are more skin deep than outer dimensions. I've sat in both so let me elaborate:

1. The Kodiaq 2nd row is much more wider by 60mm. This is difference between 3 people at the back and 2. So the Karoq is almost like a 4 with the middle a squeeze.
2. Same for legroom. I was disappointed with the rear legroom of the Karoq. I was expecting close to Creta but this was just average. And the seats don't recline! India doesn't get the vario flex seats like the older Yeti had.
3. The ground clearance is lesser cause of the rear AWD axle which lowers the height of lowest point. The Kodiaq is AWD + rear independent suspension.
4. Audio quality in the Karoq was nowhere as good as Kodiaq as they removed the rear subwoofer, centre speaker and Canton DSP system.
5. No powered tailgate in the KAroq! The Hector has this now
6. No electric passenger seat. The Octavia had this even in the lower Onyx trim.
7. No drive modes. The Karoq only has a S mode for gearbox. The Kodiaq has steering modes, AC mode, light modes, performance modes as well as off road mode.
8. Rear climate control. Not a big deal but nice.

There are other differences as well but many minor ones.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 23:57   #359
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Nice comparison. The differences between the 2 are more skin deep than outer dimensions. I've sat in both so let me elaborate:

2. Same for legroom. I was disappointed with the rear legroom of the Karoq. I was expecting close to Creta but this was just average. And the seats don't recline! India doesn't get the vario flex seats like the older Yeti had.

Thanks Vid for the comparison. Above one can be a major deal breaker for me as myself, Mrs, father and mom-in-law (most important) fall into the tall category. We test drove the Creta and were really impressed with the rear seat knee room. Anyway let me experience the Karoq tomorrow.
Old 11th August 2020, 01:18   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

1. The Kodiaq 2nd row is much more wider by 60mm. This is difference between 3 people at the back and 2. So the Karoq is almost like a 4 with the middle a squeeze.
3. The ground clearance is lesser cause of the rear AWD axle which lowers the height of lowest point. The Kodiaq is AWD + rear independent suspension.
4. Audio quality in the Karoq was nowhere as good as Kodiaq as they removed the rear subwoofer, centre speaker and Canton DSP system.
5. No powered tailgate in the KAroq! The Hector has this now
6. No electric passenger seat. The Octavia had this even in the lower Onyx trim.
7. No drive modes. The Karoq only has a S mode for gearbox. The Kodiaq has steering modes, AC mode, light modes, performance modes as well as off road mode.
8. Rear climate control. Not a big deal but nice.

Hi there, Sorry but I tend to disagree with you on certain points. I have tested the new creta as well as seltos (infact harrier and seltos both are parked besides my Karoq as well because they are of my neighbour who is a dear friend). I have driven his cars a lot and sat in their back seats regularly. Here are my observations:

Karoq has more leg room than new creta & seltos at the rear (and it’s wider at the back, so 3 people can sit more comfortably). We have personally went on a short tripa where 3 adults were seating in the rear of Karoq and they were comfortable. I agree Kodiaq has More space at the rear (obviously it’s dimensions are bigger so it ought to), but what I meant to say was it’s not a huge difference (huge difference means when you compare it with something like XUV 500’s rear seat). Definitely non-reclining rear seats and lack of verioflex system in Indian Karoq is a huge downside

Also If you solely look at rear space, even better than Kodiaq will be something like XUV 500 (I personally own one) & Hector (both also have completely flat rear floor as well). Especially XUV is very wide at the back & even 4 adults have sat in the 2nd row and went for a highway trip without any issues (personal experience). Again not comparing it with Kodiaq as such, just telling you solely about the space factor if you want to know that.

Also you got me wrong, I didn’t aim to compare Kodiaq and Karoq (with features and specs). I was actually trying to compare it size when parked side by side for reference of fellow BHPians (that how the newly launched Karoq looks along side it’s elder sister). And I was describing the general ambience of the car when you looksit inside, it’s very similar. Materials of dash/ centre console, infotainment, steering, gear lever area and even the light switches, virtual cockpit are exactly similar. There’s a lot of part sharing between the two (& I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all as Kodiaq has good quality interiors.
But now that you have started to compare them, here the the Minor differences between Karoq & Kodiaq:
1) Wooden trim on Kodiaq’s dash vs aluminium trim on karoq
2) Ambient lights in the karoq are also there on the front dash (in Kodiaq it’s only on door panels). Small difference but mentioning here as these small differences are what makes the two car unique (otherwise they are mostly similar).
3) In L&K Kodiaq you get 12 speaker canton speaker system (karoq has 8 speaker, so it misses out on subwoofer and centre dash speaker as you mentioned).
4) Also, you get a nap package in Kodiaq L&K and door rubber protection (as soon as you open the door, it pops out to protect the door of your car against bashing to something else).
5) One major pro for the Kodiaq: AWD system with independent rear as you said (but everyone knows it’s a soft roader, see it’s approach & departure angles along with its ground clearance). If you want 4x4, better look at Endy/fortune. Karoq does have electronic limited slip differential (LSD), which can help you in wet/sticky roads if you encounter one. But definitely none of the two are off-roaders. Also, Kodiaq has drive modes due to AWD system only (which Indian Karoq doesn’t have cause it’s 4x2). So both these points are related.
6) there’s a huge disadvantage for Kodiaq due to that huge size and 4x4 system (apart from lower ground clearance). It makes the car heavy and due to taller stance and longer size, Kodiaq is neither as fast/agile as Karoq nor does it have better driving Dynamics. Body roll in Karoq is close to non-existent and it handles great around the corner (which Kodiaq comprises a bit on). Also Kodiaq 2.0 TDI (150bhp, 340nm) does 0-100 in 10.5 seconds (while karoq 1.5 TSI does in 9 seconds). In my testing, I didn’t find Kodiaq to be as fun to drive as Karoq (Kodiaq is begging to get a 2.0 TSI 190 bhp motor found in Tiguan Allspace, as Kodiaq is heavy and 2.0 TDI feels underpowered for it).
7) Boot space: obviously more on Kodiaq: 720ltr (3rd row folded) Vs 521 ltr
8) Extra Comfort/Convenience features in Kodiaq: 360 degree cam, ventilated seats, autonomous parking, electric tailgate & electric front passenger seats& 3rd zone climate control (all these features are missing in the Indian Karoq).
9)Turning radius: 5.1M (Karoq) Vs 6.1M (Kodiaq)
10) Finally price, Kodiaq L&K used to costed 44L on road, delhi (BS4 version) VS Karoq 30L (BS6). so there’s a good 15L price difference.

Apart from all these differences, rest everything is ditto in both the cars from interior materials used to all the parts shared (even the centre console buttons, front HVAC system, infotainment screen, seating comfort, steering wheel, light/wiper switches, aircon vents, Virtual cockpit display, dash top material & door materials, etc). In Karoq, You do get a feel that you have come to sit in a mini Kodiaq (which I guess is both a good and a bad thing as Kodiaq is great to begin with, but KAORQ looses out on its individuality due to which, many tend to describe it just as a “5 seater Kodiaq”).

I have mentioned all the differences in detail, now it’s upto the consumer to decide if extra 14-15L more is worth it for the Kodiaq with the extra features it offers over Karoq.
And I have already shared pics of both the cars side by side, so not attaching them here again (for size comparison in real life, look at those pics to get an idea).

Last edited by Parth Oomphy : 11th August 2020 at 01:38.
Parth Oomphy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks