Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2020, 12:55   #451
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Thane
Posts: 79
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaileshkumar View Post
Isnít the CBU limit for 2500 cars as per GOV norms , then why are companies restricting to only 1000 units Ņ
They don't have confidence in their products.
On serious note, each company is allowed to import 2500 CBU units. They are importing T Roc through the same route as well.
But, the most important thing is confidence
Tucker48 is offline  
Old 31st October 2020, 13:15   #452
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 17
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaileshkumar View Post
Isnít the CBU limit for 2500 cars as per GOV norms , then why are companies restricting to only 1000 units Ņ
The 2500 cars is for the whole Volkswagen group. So my understanding is they have imported 1000 Karoqís, 1000 T-roqís and 500 Tiguan Allspace. I might be wrong about the Allspace though. Itís just a guess
Kartman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 13:20   #453
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 17
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaileshkumar View Post
Isnít the CBU limit for 2500 cars as per GOV norms , then why are companies restricting to only 1000 units Ņ
Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
What discounts they were offering? Can you please share some ballpark figure?
My father just took delivery of a Karoq in Thane and the following is the breakdown of the final pricing

1) Total On road Price - Rs. 31,82,141/-
2) Less On-road Discount - Rs. 1,00,000/-
3) Less Corporate Discount - Rs. 30,000/-
4) Less Loyalty Discount - Rs. 30,000/-

5) Final On-road price - Rs. 30,22,141/-

The Car was purchased from JMD Skoda. Infact on October 25th, 2020 (the day we took delivery) we were infomed that 27 Skoda cars were being delivered out of which 10 were Karoq's.
Kartman is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 20:48   #454
Senior - BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,529
Thanked: 2,626 Times
Default The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

A brand new Karoq has just arrived in my apartment society and I had a close look at it from the outside. Sure, it looks like a mini Kodiaq in many angles, but the overall size and dimensions are quite compact. The Jeep Compass for similar kind of money has oodles of street presence. The Karoq on the other hand looks very similar to the Creta or the Seltos in size. I do understand the level of engineering that would have gone in to something like this and this should be many levels higher than the Creta and the Seltos in many aspects.

Looking at the Karoq and also the spy shots of the India specific Vision IN from Skoda, which is supposedly a proper Creta and Seltos rival, I cant stop thinking how similar both the Karoq and the Vision IN would end up looking! There is bound to be 10-15 lakh price difference between the two, but they will surely look a lot similar in their design and also size. I think the limited Karoq buyers would have a hard time explaining to their friends or even while selling the car as to why they paid 30 lakhs whereas something so strikingly similar would be closer to 15 lakhs!
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 23:27   #455
BHPian
 
gururajrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: KA 01-09
Posts: 803
Thanked: 1,378 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

I donít think the existing customers will feel cheated if Skoda drops the prices after it follows CKD route Vs CBU. We all know and have heard the build quality is a small notch higher compared to CKD isnít it?
gururajrv is offline  
Old 1st November 2020, 09:15   #456
BHPian
 
hemlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
A brand new Karoq has just arrived in my apartment society and I had a close look at it from the outside. Sure, it looks like a mini Kodiaq in many angles, but the overall size and dimensions are quite compact. The Jeep Compass for similar kind of money has oodles of street presence. The Karoq on the other hand looks very similar to the Creta or the Seltos in size. I do understand the level of engineering that would have gone in to something like this and this should be many levels higher than the Creta and the Seltos in many aspects.

Looking at the Karoq and also the spy shots of the India specific Vision IN from Skoda, which is supposedly a proper Creta and Seltos rival, I cant stop thinking how similar both the Karoq and the Vision IN would end up looking! There is bound to be 10-15 lakh price difference between the two, but they will surely look a lot similar in their design and also size. I think the limited Karoq buyers would have a hard time explaining to their friends or even while selling the car as to why they paid 30 lakhs whereas something so strikingly similar would be closer to 15 lakhs!
I picked the Karoq over the Compass and Tucson for the sheer driving pleasure, comfort and the quality of interiors. The other two are not even in the game on those, even though the diesel versions are higher powered. The T-roc is better driving, but the interior quality does not compare.

But, if you want a car to mostly look at, the Karoq is not the one for you. Also if off roading is your thing, maybe the Compass makes sense. I do not intend to go far off the tarmac anyway that was another reason for my decision. I expect any car in this segment to be a heartbreak on resale value, so there I don't think the Karoq will do any worse.
hemlock is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 01:14   #457
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 23
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartman View Post
My father just took delivery of a Karoq in Thane and the following is the breakdown of the final pricing

1) Total On road Price - Rs. 31,82,141/-
2) Less On-road Discount - Rs. 1,00,000/-
3) Less Corporate Discount - Rs. 30,000/-
4) Less Loyalty Discount - Rs. 30,000/-

5) Final On-road price - Rs. 30,22,141/-

The Car was purchased from JMD Skoda. Infact on October 25th, 2020 (the day we took delivery) we were infomed that 27 Skoda cars were being delivered out of which 10 were Karoq's.
A friend of mine was in market for Karoq but almost 31L On- road price seemed too high so we ended up purchasing a impeccably maintained MY 2018 Audi Q3 at 28L.

Fellow BHP-ians' thoughts?
mufeez1234 is offline  
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:58   #458
BHPian
 
kalyan_hyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 517
Thanked: 776 Times
Default Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufeez1234 View Post
A friend of mine was in market for Karoq but almost 31L On- road price seemed too high so we ended up purchasing a impeccably maintained MY 2018 Audi Q3 at 28L.

Fellow BHP-ians' thoughts?
Your post and my reply are kinda off-topic for this thread but just wanted to offer my perspective on this.

Good to know about your friend. The idiom "To each, his own" applies well here. I have been in both the shoes so here is my perspective.

I have owned a used BMW X1 (Year 2012) between 2015 and 2019. I picked it up with around 40k km on the odometer and used it for another 50k km and sold it in 2019. When I picked it up, the company warranty had just expired and there was no extended warranty purchased by the previous owner and there was no opportunity for me to do that. I enjoyed it for the 4 years I had it for. I used a similar logic to the one you posted above with regard to your friend. I picked this car for 21L in 2015 and sold it for 12.5L in 2019. Fortunately, there weren't any major issues. But, there was always a point of concern/ reliability esp whenever I'd go for a long drive on how the car would fare. Often, I left this car and took another family car on trips to Vijayawada and Bangalore.

Fast-forwarding to 2020, I was in the market for a new car this September/ October and zeroed-in on a Karoq but due to a deal not working out between the dealer and me, it did not go through. I did also get the same offers as your friend and 1-2 yr old X1s and 3-4 yr old Q3s were available for 25-30L budgets but this time I chose not to bite this bullet and instead continued looking for a new car. I finally picked up a Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace last week.

In my opinion, all German cars, whichever brand we talk about whether Premium(Audi, BMW, etc) or otherwise (Volkswagen/ Skoda, etc) are best taken with an extended warranty to the extent possible. So, in the current period, my pick would be a new car with 4 years of company warranty and the possibility of extending it by another 2 years.

--Kalyan

Mod Note: BHPian Mr.Perera's Skoda Karoq Ownership Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 24th November 2020 at 12:03. Reason: Adding link to review
kalyan_hyd is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks