Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2020, 17:38   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Similarly have a look at the leather seats of 4 ,5 year old Laura's or other Skoda cars. You will get to know that it is inferior to that of Jetta leave aside other German cars.
BTW, Skoda Laura will be at least 7 years old as they stopped it in 2013 and launched the new Octavia
Old 24th May 2020, 18:59   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
BTW, Skoda Laura will be at least 7 years old as they stopped it in 2013 and launched the new Octavia
After posting I assumed that this will be coming as Laura stopped being in production since 2013-14. But I meant it in the broader sense for Skoda cars. Additionally Laura was considered to be one of the better built among Skodas. This thing applies to among all Skodas generally. Sorry for goof up.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 21:03   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Went to get my Octavia serviced and found a new white KAROQ in the service station. It looks nice from the front but the back is not great. They let me sit inside but only the driver seat not the back seat "Might be because of covid19?". The shock is that the space is not as much as my Octavia I would say its closer to my Seltos but the cabin quality is almost equal to Octavia.
The Karoq is much smaller than the Octavia, but the interiors would be quite on par with the latter. The Karoq has many features that the T-Roc misses out on, like the Virtual Cockpit (T-Roc has an active info display but not the VC), ambient lighting, powered drivers seat + 3 extra airbags. I just hope they keep the ex-showroom price to no more than 21.5-22L, otherwise it may be better to just stretch and go for the Honda CRV, plus it will loose big time to the KIA Seltos GTX+AT.
Most People would pay a premium for a better built and well styled Skoda vehicle ( BTW I simply love the styling and the size) over a Korean product any day but only up to a certain point, I guess.....we will know anyway in just a couple of days !
Old 25th May 2020, 10:46   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
T-Roc has an active info display but not the VC
Both cars get identical fully digital drivers displays. Virtual Cockpit and Active Info Display are just marketing terms to differentiate between the brands. VW refers to their display as AIF (even their most premium offering, the Arteon is marketed as having an Active Info Display) while Audi and Skoda market theirs as Virtual Cockpit.

Audi's version however is more customisable as compared to VW and Skoda to make it more "premium" over the other VAG siblings.

Last edited by AamodB : 25th May 2020 at 10:50. Reason: Added Info
AamodB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 10:48   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
I don't think that build quality of Skodas is that good. No doubt the shutlines and joining of different parts is very good but the quality of parts used is not so great. I have a guy residing near my house owing a Skoda Kodiaq and I can see the black plastics of lower part of bumpers quite faded.

Similarly have a look at the leather seats of 4 ,5 year old Laura's or other Skoda cars. You will get to know that it is inferior to that of Jetta leave aside other German cas.
I can't comment on the old Laura but being an owner of a Honda Civic for the last 10 years & an Octavia 1.8 Tsi L&K for 4.5 months now, I can safety say the ride & build quality & the luxurious feel that one gets in the Octavia is much superior to Honda's and I can say the same for against the new Civic also. My son & I had several close looks at the new Civic when we were deciding on a new car late last year and just comparing the fit & finish including the seat leather covering was much better than Honda's. Undoubtedly, Honda has many better qualities including reliability, handling, less maintenance etc. but in fit & finish & the luxury quotient you can't beat the value that a Skoda vehicle offers.
Timothy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 15:26   #111
Senior - BHPian

According to CarandBike Skoda Karoq will be priced just under Rs.20Lakh ex-showroom.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/2020...-india-2234658
Old 25th May 2020, 15:44   #112
BHPian

I doubt Karoq will be priced under 20 lac ex-showroom. That's the same price as T-roc which is much smaller in size (4.2M against 4.4M). My estimate will be around 22-23 lacs ex-showroom for the Karoq. I am quite interested in this car - solid build, great features, decent engine, not-so-expensive price, clean design. Fingers crossed for tomorrow
Old 26th May 2020, 11:13   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
According to CarandBike Skoda Karoq will be priced just under Rs.20Lakh ex-showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I doubt Karoq will be priced under 20 lac ex-showroom.
The karoq page on skoda india site seems to be live and currently it shows ex-showroom price as 24.99L
LobsterB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 12:01   #114
BHPian

Launching today:

Old 26th May 2020, 12:08   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
The karoq page on skoda india site seems to be live and currently it shows ex-showroom price as 24.99L

The TRoc suddenly seems a very good proposition. 25L ex showroom is about 3L more than it is worth.
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 12:16   #116
BHPian

Quote:
The link seems to be broken but at 25L, this car is way more expensive than what I hoped for. It could be >32L on road here in Bangalore. I can get a well maintained used BMW X1/X3 at around that price. Not meant to compare but 32L is way high in my book for a 140 BHP car. I waited for Karoq for more than a year .

Last edited by shobhit.shri : 26th May 2020 at 12:20.
Old 26th May 2020, 12:49   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda just shot themselves in the foot! This car isn’t going to sell (personal opinion). A premium of 5L ex-showroom for a car nearly identical to the T-ROC absolutely makes no sense. I really liked the Karoq & was contemplating as my next purchase in a year or two. But this price is simply not justified.

Great job Skoda.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 26th May 2020 at 12:53. Reason: Typo
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 12:56   #118
BHPian

Karoq launched at 24.99 lac ex-showroom.

Dead on arrival?
ShivWason17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 12:57   #119
BHPian

Confirmed as 24.99L. Host of safety features which probably makes it the segment leader in that. Lovely car but maybe overpriced by 2L or so roughly?
Old 26th May 2020, 13:02   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Skoda just shot themselves in the foot! This car isn’t going to sell (personal opinion). A premium of 5L ex-showroom for a car nearly identical to the T-ROC absolutely makes no sense. I really liked the Karoq & was contemplating as my next purchase in a year or two. But this price is simply not justified.

Great job Skoda.
T-ROC is a size smaller than the Karoq. They would have never sold both at the same price point. Karoq is a more of an urban SUV than T-ROC.
However would love to see a pricing comparision between 2 similar Troc and Karoq models in Europe.

Last edited by kartavya : 26th May 2020 at 13:08. Reason: added information
Closed Thread

Most Viewed