Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2020, 00:17   #301
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
The initial lag or delay which I felt in the gearbox has reduced drastically! After around 600 kms in the ODO I started feeling a noticeable change in the engine response.
Wild guess, but it could quite possibly be something to do with the run-in period. 500 odd km seems about right for a German 4-pot. Maybe the electronics prevent it from being roughed up in the early days to prevent damage to the infamous DQ200. Seems like a very German thing to do.

Last edited by AamodB : 27th June 2020 at 00:18.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 08:08   #302
BHPian

Quote:

You have made a great decision ! And I have a sweet surprise for you The initial lag or delay which I felt in the gearbox has reduced drastically ! After around 600 kms in the ODO i started feeling a noticeable change in the engine response. The car doesn't feel restricted like before. I am guessing the TCU took its sweet time to learn and adapt to the driving style. Its not just me, but a friend of mine who had driven my car few weeks back mentioned the gearbox to be bit slow, but after he took the car for a spin yesterday he too came and told me the car feels much livelier now. I am hoping the technical experts could comment more on this, but there is a noticeable change, now the gear shifts are as good as on my vRS !
Wow, that is wonderful news!!! Thanks for sharing that. I'm looking forward to the car eagerly.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 13:59   #303
BHPian

Quote:
The Karoq everyday brings a smile on my face, and everyone who got inside the car say this is one of the best interiors they have ever been into. A friend of mine who owns a 2016 Audi Q3 admits the Karoq feels more luxurious than his Audi. !
The interiors of the Karoq look really elegant & classy, infact I will say they are even better than than those on my Octavia 1.8Tsi L&K which I bought in Jan. this year.

One thing that is immediately noticeable is the placement of the touch screen, it sits higher up in line with your vision and neatly integrated between the two a/c vents. One doesn't have to gaze down to look at the screen. Its a great positioning. Secondly the absence of a manual handbrake frees up a lot of space and lends to a flowing design, plus the electric parking parking brake is just way too convenient. This is one feature I sorely miss in the Octavia.

The interiors are definitely very upmarket and the exterior styling is also very contemporary and stylish..... its a revolution over the previous generation oddball Yeti. Another discussion I notice often on the forum is the comparison with Kia Seltos. The differences have been discussed threadbare, so I will not get in to that, but one thing I would like like to point out is the positioning of the two. Anyone who looks at Seltos will rarely think of it as a 25L vehicle whereas the Karoq looks and feels every bit like a 30L car.

Last edited by Timothy : 28th June 2020 at 14:13. Reason: typo
Timothy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 16:24   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
The interiors of the Karoq look really elegant & classy, infact I will say they are even better than than those on my Octavia 1.8Tsi L&K which I bought in Jan. this year.

One thing that is immediately noticeable is the placement of the touch screen, it sits higher up in line with your vision and neatly integrated between the two a/c vents. One doesn't have to gaze down to look at the screen. Its a great positioning. Secondly the absence of a manual handbrake frees up a lot of space and lends to a flowing design, plus the electric parking parking brake is just way too convenient. This is one feature I sorely miss in the Octavia.

The interiors are definitely very upmarket and the exterior styling is also very contemporary and stylish..... its a revolution over the previous generation oddball Yeti. Another discussion I notice often on the forum is the comparison with Kia Seltos. The differences have been discussed threadbare, so I will not get in to that, but one thing I would like like to point out is the positioning of the two. Anyone who looks at Seltos will rarely think of it as a 25L vehicle whereas the Karoq looks and feels every bit like a 30L car.
The thread started with most of us saying the Karoq will be dead on arrival and is seriously overpriced ! But going through last few posts it is very evident that the Karoq is definitely a great package at a great price ! Also Timothy, like you said one great feature is the electronic park brake, very convenient and easy to use. Also another great feature I enjoy is the auto hold feature. Im sure our Octavias also have this, but in the Octavia it works only in an incline, but in the Karoq it works during decline too, like if your are coming down a slope and enter a junction, you apply the brake to stop the car and leave the pedal, the brake holds itself until you apply the accelerator ! Small but a great feature in my opinion.
Mr.Perera is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 19:01   #305
BHPian

Quote:
The thread started with most of us saying the Karoq will be dead on arrival and is seriously overpriced ! But going through last few posts it is very evident that the Karoq is definitely a great package at a great price !
Well to be frank, your positive reviews are to a great extent responsible for the enthusiastic response that the Karoq seems to be getting on this forum. Since you already own an Octavia VRS, you would be one of the more qualified persons to comment and rate the car. Moreover since you are able to benchmark the Karoq against your VRS owning experience, most viewers on this thread would tend to trust your judgement.
Skoda management should actually consider making you their brand ambassador or offer a certificate of appreciation atleast, for the Karoq

Last edited by Timothy : 28th June 2020 at 19:04. Reason: typo
Timothy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:12   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Well to be frank, your positive reviews are to a great extent responsible for the enthusiastic response that the Karoq seems to be getting on this forum. Since you already own an Octavia VRS, you would be one of the more qualified persons to comment and rate the car. Moreover since you are able to benchmark the Karoq against your VRS owning experience, most viewers on this thread would tend to trust your judgement.
Skoda management should actually consider making you their brand ambassador or offer a certificate of appreciation atleast, for the Karoq
Mr. Perera is definitely one of the main reasons there's so much of discussion regarding the Karoq. His pictures and his write-up were very well received and that made a lot of fence-sitters like me even start considering to go ahead with my purchase. Still need to make up my mind and i think I am slowly getting there to go ahead with the purchase.
prasadathani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 12:50   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadathani View Post
Mr. Perera is definitely one of the main reasons there's so much of discussion regarding the Karoq. His pictures and his write-up were very well received and that made a lot of fence-sitters like me even start considering to go ahead with my purchase. Still need to make up my mind and i think I am slowly getting there to go ahead with the purchase.
Thanks Timothy and Prasadathani for your kind words. Well in the beginning I was so close in cancelling my Karoq booking when they announced the price. Like most of us I was comparing the Karoq with cars in the Seltos price range. But after seeing the car in person I understood the fact that this car is way premium than anything else in the sub 35 lakh price range. Its not just me but people like Timothy even says the Karoq feels much classier and luxurious than his Octavia L&K. Everyone who complains the fact that the Karoq is too overpriced are mostly people who haven't seen the car in person and is comparing the size to price ratio of the car. I agree even initially I too felt the same. But after I saw the car in person I was like "all this for 25 lakhs, well thats not at all bad !"
Mr.Perera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 12:08   #308
BHPian

So finally, got this home yesterday. Very brief impressions

1. It seems to have acres of space inside, with all sorts of niches and holders
2. The lighting in the cabin is awesome.
3. Tires were all at 40psi. So ride was jarring for a while. Set it to 32.

Will add to these after some decent mileage. Will also try to take some better pics.

We were all for the T Roc until I test drove this. My wife is thoroughly convinced that this is worth the additional 5L. She was anyway not too pleased with the space inside the T Roc.

Thanks, Mr Perera for your initial posts and ownership review. Very helpful they were in firming up the decision.
Attached Thumbnails
The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-karoq_1crop.jpg  

Last edited by cpabhijit : 13th July 2020 at 12:12.
cpabhijit is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 13:16   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
So finally, got this home yesterday. Very brief impressions

1. It seems to have acres of space inside, with all sorts of niches and holders
2. The lighting in the cabin is awesome.
3. Tires were all at 40psi. So ride was jarring for a while. Set it to 32.

Will add to these after some decent mileage. Will also try to take some better pics.

We were all for the T Roc until I test drove this. My wife is thoroughly convinced that this is worth the additional 5L. She was anyway not too pleased with the space inside the T Roc.

Thanks, Mr Perera for your initial posts and ownership review. Very helpful they were in firming up the decision.
Congrats Abhijit ! She looks so good in that blue shade !
I am sure in the next few days you will be spending hours and days exploring the features and functions in the car. Also I have been maintaining 32 psi and the ride is very comfortable. The tyre pressure chart behind the fuel cap is very confusing. First we need to find the correct tyre size, then need to convert Bar to PSI ! Wish it came with a much simple chart.
The Skoda Karoq, now launched at Rs 24.99 lakhs-tyre-pressure-chart.jpeg

I am sure you will love the car and wishing you and your family lots of happy miles with the car
PS: Waiting for more photos...
Old 13th July 2020, 14:54   #310
BHPian

Quote:
So finally, got this home yesterday.
Congratulations on your new Karoq Abhijit! We've deferred our purchase a bit and will be taking delivery of our lava blue Karoq (guess our cars are twins ) towards the end of the month. Looking forward to your pictures!
Old 13th July 2020, 16:56   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Abhijit ! She looks so good in that blue shade !
I am sure in the next few days you will be spending hours and days exploring the features and functions in the car. Also I have been maintaining 32 psi and the ride is very comfortable. The tyre pressure chart behind the fuel cap is very confusing. First we need to find the correct tyre size, then need to convert Bar to PSI ! Wish it came with a much simple chart.
Attachment 2029849

I am sure you will love the car and wishing you and your family lots of happy miles with the car
PS: Waiting for more photos...
Thank you Mr.Perera! Yeah, the pressure chart is unlike what I have on the GT. I had to google the conversion at the fuel pump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Congratulations on your new Karoq Abhijit! We've deferred our purchase a bit and will be taking delivery of our lava blue Karoq (guess our cars are twins ) towards the end of the month. Looking forward to your pictures!
Thanks, Aamod. That's nice, hope you get yours soon!
Old 14th July 2020, 00:18   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Karoq is indeed a better choice compared to T Roc or any other car in that range in fact. It has great interiors, no obvious features taken down like in T-Roc. The exterior design quite sober. good choice and congratulations.
Old 14th July 2020, 14:22   #313
BHPian

I have noticed a small concern with the boot and it is very weird. It started off at the time of delivery, when the SA opened the boot to show me everything inside and then closed it in front of me. I got in the car and drove out of the gate and then noticed that the display was showing boot door in red color so i pulled over and checked, it was indeed open. Surprised, I closed it firmly and the display returned to normal. Yesterday morning, I had opened the boot and closed it very well, i mean, like one would any boot and then in the evening when I took out the car, the boot door again was showing red! Indeed, it was open and this time, it took me 3 tries to close it and the last one was really a hard push and it closed with a bang. It required an abnormally hard push to close the boot. Is that normal? In my GT, if I pull it down, take it close and leave it, it closes perfectly. Does not happen here!
Old 14th July 2020, 21:55   #314
BHPian

Just a quick heads up for all those planning on purchasing the Karoq. Don't settle for the quoted on-road price. It's not like these cars are selling like hot cakes so push for a discount as much as you can. We're first time Skoda customers and got a pretty good discount. I'm sure other dealers would offer something similar. Feel free to DM me if you want the details on the discount we received
AamodB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 22:30   #315
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Feel free to DM me if you want the details on the discount we received
A private message will help one person, a public post will help thousands. Please share the discount here. Thank you
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed