French [Peugeot, Citroen etc et] 9 1.08%
German [BMW, Merc, etc ] 408 48.92%
Japanese [Toyota, Honda etc] 329 39.45%
Korean [Hyundai, Kia etc etc] 24 2.88%
Voters: 834. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2012, 13:47   #466
BHPian

Re: Is a German car right for you? or an Italian one? The real nationalities car's de

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

BRITISH. Please remove British and add Koreans. BRITISH CAR INDUSTRY ICONS ARE NOW WITH INDIA ( TATA ). Once great, the British car industry is non existent.
I considered the fact before posting for a British one, but later considered the fact that their origin is still in UK, thus owing to their British standards. That is why, I opted for the British.

S@ndy
S@ndy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 13:53   #467
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is a German car right for you? or an Italian one? The real nationalities car's de

My all time favorites car brands are
1. Land Rover
1. Jaguar
1. Aston Martin

And all of these happen to be British!! So voted for British.
My second choice would be Italian

Last edited by HammerHead : 15th August 2012 at 13:55.
HammerHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 14:07   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

I voted for Japanese and I am sure it would be very evident from my Garage that I do love them for all there practicality and hassle free ownership. But if the question would have been which brand is on your wish list then my answer would surely be German.

BTW why no Indian as an option there? I am sure all those Boleros and safaris are really capable vehicles.
Old 15th August 2012, 14:11   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
BTW why no Indian as an option there? I am sure all those Boleros and safaris are really capable vehicles.
I realized this after some time when I saw some important one's missing. I am really sorry for not mentioning these ones.

But, you can select the last option and name these, thus, giving your views spotlight!

S@ndy
Old 15th August 2012, 14:29   #470
Senior - BHPian

We have a German, American and Italian Car.
Had a Japanese one.

There is nothing new to add in here.
German for sheer fun of driving, Quality Build, Maturity and pretty much everything.
Japanese for reliability.

And Italians for Crazy Design freaks.

SO IT IS GERMAN.
Old 15th August 2012, 15:32   #471
BHPian

Please add options for Swedish and Korean. I night have voted Swedish had the option been present (as it is, I voted German). Of course it depends on how you define luxury, but arguably Korean cars like the Hyundai Genesis could be called luxury too.

And what luxury cars does Britain make? Rolls Royce - owned by BMW of Germany. Bentley - owned by VW. Jaguar-Land Rover - owned by India!

(Of course, I understand the same nit applies to Sweden too, but then I love poking fun at the Brits )
Old 15th August 2012, 16:11   #472
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Voted for Japanese. Reliability is a big thing for me, and on safety front also the Japs are improving.
I would say that the Koreans are pretty reliable too.

Quote:
Next would be German.
Then would come Italians.
German if you want durability and Italians for style. Both are very reliable too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
My vote goes for the Japanese. Sheer reliability and awesome Petrol engines!
I think you've not driven the European cars. Nothing beats them for driving pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I'm surprised to find "Korean" and "Indian" missing from the poll!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
But, you can select the last option and name these, thus, giving your views spotlight!
Tata, Mahindra and Hyundai are major players in the Indian market. I think Indian and Korean deserve separate options in the poll. They don't deserve to be in the Others category. The British and American could have been included in this category. BTW are there any American cars available in India? The Fords here are all European models.
Old 15th August 2012, 16:36   #473
BHPian

Classifications like American/Japanese/Korean/German are passe in this era of globalization, at least for mass-produced automobiles. Even with the monogram on, it would be utterly impossible for a majority of folks to identify what type a particular vehicle is, let alone determine who is its manufacturer. Choice is strictly for connoisseurs.
Old 6th November 2012, 20:36   #474
Senior - BHPian

Re: What car you prefer?

With some of the car companies firmly based out of our country and churning out models that are India specific, it thins the line of the nationality of these manufacturers.

A case in point are cars such as Alto800 and Eon which are very India specific cars, designed and developed by our engineers, so what if their owners are Japs and Koreans.
Old 6th November 2012, 22:55   #475
BHPian

I own a chevy beat diesel. I am very much satisfied and contended. Infact the maintenance so far is normal(@ 15K Kms Oil service with ac filter change cost me Rs.2300). This car has been driven soft,hard, rough and smooth. No doubts now i have developed a trust on GM. If I go for a sedan even though i will look for toyota or honda I will certainly not miss out to try GM or ford (fiesta being one of my fav sedans)
Old 7th November 2012, 12:38   #476
BHPian

The Japanese and Koreans make cars with Asian sensibilities. the european or AMericans make cars as per their market specifications and then try to tweak it to suite or needs.
Thus, you have small irritants like indicator/wiper stalks being on the 'wrong side', the entire dashboard being slighlty tilted towards the 'wrong side'..engines adjusted to give better mileage but in the process being awkward to drive....etc etc.

I have an issue with such 'handed downs'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks