Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2020, 22:15   #106
BHPian

re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
What is intriguing is the fact that autocarindia has put out a detailed report of the Altroz as far back as 09 Dec 2019 !

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-415171
Let's look at the facts ..
1. Autocarindia is also located in Mumbai.
2. They were able to get an Altroz from TATA

So, what does it point to ? Does this indicate that TATA does not perceive much value in t-bhp's reviews ? To me, it looks like this is the case. Why, is anyone's guess. Unnecessary and consistent negative TATA bias probably the answer.
Since it seems it is a monumental task for you to read a thread barely 7 pages long before commenting I will just quote a mods post which should answer your query. Let us know if you still have doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
All the Youtube reviews by other media were from the official media drive which we were also a part of.

However for our level of detailed review we hardly have enough pictures and driving impression feedback from these drives which are usually less than half a day on a pre planned route.

Hence after these short drives we ask for the car in Mumbai where the car is with us for almost a week for shooting + driving in city as well as Highway. GTO also takes important cars after the review team to corroborate the review points so there is no chance of conflicting opinions.

This media fleet car in Mumbai is what is not available by Tata Motors.
JithinR is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 11:22   #107
Team-BHP Support

re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

For those not aware, it's neither a one-off nor targeting a particular manufacturer.

Here is a thread from Aug 2018 when we crowd-sourced a Ford Ecosport S (1L Ecoboost Variant) for our official review in similar circumstances (media car not available for months after launch).

P.S. We got 43 responses in ONE day, and eventually used generous BHP-ian Justchells' brand new steed for the review!

P.P.S. GTO references this in the first post, but seems it got missed by many.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd February 2020 at 11:36.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 10:26   #108
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hello GTO, if everything pans out as per the plan, roughly when can we expect the official review to be out? End of March, maybe?
I think we should be done with the shoot & drive in another 7 days, as it also depends on the owner's availability and convenience. Post that, Official Reviews of such a car would take about 20 days for the team to compile, and another 14 days for me to proofread. Sometime in April, I guess.

Quote:
What is intriguing is the fact that autocarindia has put out a detailed report of the Altroz as far back as 09 Dec 2019 !
Please compare our detailed reviews to anyone else's, in terms of depth, detail, word count & number of pictures. You'll have your answer.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 10:55   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Unnecessary and consistent negative TATA bias probably the answer.
Tata is producing cars here for the past 20 years. Now, please try to answer these questions:

i. Are they able to bring the finesse of other manufacturers in their cars yet?

ii. Are they able to match the service quality of the competitors?

Tata has improved a lot recently - in fact, the improvement percentage is much higher than many competitors but that is because the base is set low.

Just because you own some Tata cars doesn't mean you need to promote Tata everywhere, unless you belong to their marketing team. Team-BHP doesn't have such burdens.
romeomidhun is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 11:29   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Tata is producing cars here for the past 20 years. Now, please try to answer these questions:

Tata has improved a lot recently - in fact, the improvement percentage is much higher than many competitors but that is because the base is set low.

Just because you own some Tata cars doesn't mean you need to promote Tata everywhere, unless you belong to their marketing team. Team-BHP doesn't have such burdens.
+1
People praising TATA & all is good stuff; completely agree to the fact that they have improved! But then improved from where? The base from which we are comparing in itself was very very low. So if you compare say their Indica & the Altroz now; then definitely yes! There’s a day & night difference.
And finally the whole point here is market acceptance. If people here can wholeheartedly accept so called new ‘chinese’ & ‘korean’ brands, then I’m sure they would have accept the improved TATA cars alike; if they were really that good.
We have seen what happened to the Hexa & the Harrier in the past. Let’s hold on & see how the Altroz fairs. But I would reiterate what I have also mentioned in my previous posts, TATA needs to do ‘that’ extra over & above their competitors to secure a place for themselves in the market. But unfortunately going by the current trend, atleast their sales & marketting teams aren’t showing & signs of improvement which is a big let down.
Also, as GTO rightly mentioned in the Harrier review, TATA does all the things good close to 90%, & screw it up for the remaining 10! And that 10% is a deal breaker most of the times. Classic example is the boring Petrol engine in the otherwise wonderful Altroz.

P. S.: Before the TATA fanboys start bashing me, I am also genuinely considering the Altroz as my future purchase. So this comes from a prospective buyer & not just for bashing TATA Motors.
ashvek3141 is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 12:52   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Now, please try to answer these questions:

Yes! Tiago vs Celerio, Tigor vs Dzire, Altroz vs i20, Harrier vs Creta, Hexa vs Innova

Have driven/sat/experienced all of the above vehicles to comment that finesse and/or class of Tata vehicles matches & exceeds wrt to their competitors be it interiors, build, fit & finish, paint quality, safety, design. Only point where you can say they lack is choice of engines that too only in a few models i.e Tigor, their revotron petrol while a bit unrefined gives respectable performance. Tata cars beat the competition fair & square in the safety & design department. So you get some lose some(no car is perfect)

Quote:
Yes! Again this depends on the dealer. Have extensive experience with Hyundai & Tata Motors & I can say that both have a same level of service. Hyundai guys are more polished but they also push value added services while Tata people dont try to go that extra mile to please you but the quality of work is good & thats what matters.

P.S I have had the best experience with Mopar service, which is considered one of the worst. So IMO these stereotypes need to go
trinity0114 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 13:41   #112
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, enough with the off-topic posts please. Kindly stick to the topic. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 19:23   #113
Senior - BHPian

I don't find Tata's lack of interest surprising, safety is just the shiny side of the coin, having owned an Tata for the past one and half years, I have been unfortunate enough to see the other side too! Had to sell my car off just because of dealer and ASS's we don't care attitude. Needless to say I took a HUGE depreciation hit for trusting them blindly.

No matter how good their product gets, I would stay clear of them until their work ethics changes.

Hopefully companies like KIA show them how its done.
giri1.8 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 09:13   #114
BHPian

When this thread started, I thought TATA will resolve this within 2 days max and that'd be the end of it. But nope! It has been more than a week and this thread is still in the same state, gathering public views. It's quite sad to see TATA's apathy especially at a time when a lot of us are rooting for their success.
Hulk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:45   #115
GTO
Team-BHP Support

About a week back, we had requested Team-BHP fans to share their Tata Altroz with us for our Official Review - link to post. Just wanted to say = a very heartfelt THANK YOU for the love & support. In merely 8 days, we've had 16 Tata Altroz' offered to us by their extremely generous owners. To hand over your brand new car to a team you've never met is quite something, and we're overwhelmed by the trust given to us. Some Altroz owners even offered their yet-unregistered & yet-to-be-delivered rides to Team-BHP !!!

A majority of the cars available for our review were from Bangalore, with a handful also coming up in Kerala, Hyderabad, Delhi-NCR etc. The weekend brought a pleasant surprise though, with TWO cars surfacing in Bombay itself (our home city), and 1 in Pune.

Thanks once again! Incredibly, utterly, sincerely grateful. Without you guys, there would be no Team-BHP. Earlier today, friendly Mod Aditya has begun the photoshoot of this Team-BHP fan's car .

Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)-untitled.png

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2020 at 11:10.
GTO is offline   (195) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:48   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The weekend brought a pleasant surprise though, with TWO cars surfacing in Bombay itself (our home city), and 1 in Pune.

Thanks once again! Incredibly, utterly, sincerely grateful. Without you guys, there would be no Team-BHP. Earlier today, friendly Mod Aditya has begun the photoshoot of the car .
Great. Eagerly waiting for the review.

Hopefully, TATA will sort out all logistics issues by the time the diesel variant starts reaching dealerships.
JithinR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 11:09   #117
Team-BHP Support

Re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

Even better that the car is in white!

Almost every other Altroz in media pictures, Youtube videos, and even showrooms seem to be of the popular red and gold colours. White is a very refreshing change, and suits the sharp contours!

Thanks to all the Team-Bhp fans who came forward, and looking forward to the review!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 12:04   #118
BHPian

Re: Can Team-BHP please borrow your Tata Altroz? EDIT: 16 cars offered to us (page 8)

You moderators deserve it, for all the daunting process of handling so many stuffs of the forum, keeping it running day after day and delivering amazingly detailed reviews and more! The trust just shows how important is TEAM BHP for all the enthusiasts out there. Keep up the good work guys!
Paavan Shetty is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 12:26   #119

Now this is something to look forward to along with the Harrier AT and hopefully Gravitas AT too soon. Thank you to the folks who offered their vehicles for a review on this forum. Feel glad to be a part of this community.
Trucker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 13:07   #120
BHPian

Great and happy to see that you got it for reviewing.
Eagerly waiting for the Team-BHP review of Altroz
SJQIL87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed